ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves Against Real Competition

CincyUKFan

Senior
Dec 1, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Just does not get it done. If it wasn’t obvious already, it is painfully obvious tonight. Statistics do not lie, and they bear this out that more often than not he lays eggs against quality competition.

This is not to say that he shouldn’t play, but it is to say that he should not be taking the bulk of the shots or be relied upon as the go-to scorer. He simply cannot get buckets against the likes of Duke and Kansas, etc..

Just does not get it done. If it wasn’t obvious already, it is painfully obvious tonight. Statistics do not lie, and they bear this out that more often than not he lays eggs against quality competition.

This is not to say that he shouldn’t play, but it is to say that he should not be taking the bulk of the shots or be relied upon as the go-to scorer. He simply cannot get buckets against the likes of Duke and Kansas, etc..
Reeves, Wagner and Edwards 8-32!!!

200w.gif

Reactions: HICATFAN
He was ok. Couldn't hit some good looks at the end.
This. It’s wild how you have ppl trying to run the narrative that this is a reeves issue bc he missed 3s late. He was often the only guy who could get a shot and carried us in the 2nd half. He didn’t have a good day behind the arc but played a solid game everywhere else.

No inside defenders, ice cold Wagner and Edwards, and poor shot selection/time&possession awareness killed us late…..along with really bad substitution patterns up 6 with 4 minutes left you should win

7/25 from the field.

3/17 from three.

Nope. I’m not high.
What you should be complaining about is the offense we run and the fear of shooting from most of our team. I won’t blame a dude for doing what’s expected of him, that’s way to many shots for anyone and we never adjust …. Typical cal offense

Reeves shot 7-25, we need Reeves this year, but that has to get better. Wagner was 1-12, and then we have Cal coaching a close game (we all know that always ends) - it's amazing we hung in this one. Hopefully, the shooting gets better and we can get big leads, to keep the Cal effect away from the end of games - Theiro played his ass off.

He's a glorified scrub as stephen a smith said. He's a volume shooter. Who our fans love because if you look at the stat sheet you see ''20 points, 24 points, 19 points, 18 points''. Then you see his attemps. 20 shots, 16 shots, 28 shots, 17 shots, etc etc. Travis Perry would already be an uprgade over Reeves.

He just rushed his shot instead of taking what was given. I'm pretty happy overall.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Missed freethrows and bad decision making is what beat us.

Edwards and Wagner played terrified and Reeves had to try to carry us in the second half with Dillingham on the bench. He kept it a single possession game by volume shooting and drawing fouls. Anyone trying to make this a reeves issue tonight when 2 “top 10 draft picks” didn’t even get off the bus is just looking for reasons to hate

Missed freethrows and bad decision making is what beat us.

Edwards and Wagner played terrified and Reeves had to try to carry us in the second half with Dillingham on the bench. He kept it a single possession game by volume shooting and drawing fouls. Anyone trying to make this a reeves issue tonight when 2 “top 10 draft picks” didn’t even get off the bus is just looking for reasons to hate
This. Some of our fans are absolutely moronic.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I could score 24 on 25 attempts, dude. If your leading scorer is shooting 28% you’re going to lose lots of games, either because someone else should have been taking those shots or, perhaps even worse, a 28% shooter was your best option.

Either way, it isn’t a good thing.
No you couldn't. But he needs to let the game come to him. Anytime he forces things he misses.

Takes too many ill-advised shots, as if he has no teammates.

It truly is remarkable. There’s really no rhyme or reason either. A lot of similar shots. He did go to the step back well too much tonight. Think it was due to the struggles of DJ and having Reeves try to create his own.

He's a glorified scrub as stephen a smith said. He's a volume shooter. Who our fans love because if you look at the stat sheet you see ''20 points, 24 points, 19 points, 18 points''. Then you see his attemps. 20 shots, 16 shots, 28 shots, 17 shots, etc etc. Travis Perry would already be an uprgade over Reeves.
You lost me after Stephen Smith….period…

Jesus, I was just looking at that again. 3-17. 3-17. And it won't stop - and it will happen again. I'm going on record now that Antonio reeves will absolutely shoot us out of an important game this season (in addition to this one).
You fanbois go ahead and save this thread, because i can guarantee that you won't be able to throw it back in my face later in the year (meaning March, for you really obtuse people)

Reeves shouldnt be the main point I agree, but he has to play. He is 12-15 points most nights that Kentucky needs

We was 24 points tonight. Of course that was also on 28% shooting.
Wagner and Edwards sucked tonight, dillingham was good but in foul trouble, Reed and theiro are energy guys not offensive focal points, Mitchell was up and down tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT