ADVERTISEMENT

Providence about to upset Marquette

I think we'll soon realize just about every team is "overrated" because come March everyone will have played their fair share of head scratching games.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Is it tradition for a T10 team to take a 20 point beating all of a sudden?
Honestly I think it will soon be the norm if it isn't already. The transfer portal and NIL make it harder to keep teams together and parity seems to increase every year. We're seeing more double digits upset top seed in the tournament and more crazy double digit runs into the Elite 8 or Final Four. Gone are the days where you can look at a top team struggle against a no-name school and call that top team overrated. It just comes with the territory now. No matter how good you are you'll play a few games where you struggle immensely with bad teams or straight up lose.

We should keep moving up.

Marquette barely beat something called Saint Thomas last week. I think they are overrated.
St. Thomas was a D3 school who has moved up to D1 in the last 2 yrs. They play in the Summit League I believe. Located in St. Paul, MN and have some of the hottest coeds you'll see. At one point they were in top 10 hot coed list in the United States. UVA took their best player from them too-Andrew Rhode. They gave a scare for majority of the game to Creighton last year too before Jays pulled away late and won by about a dozen.

St. Thomas was a D3 school who has moved up to D1 in the last 2 yrs. They play in the Summit League I believe. Located in St. Paul, MN and have some of the hottest coeds you'll see. At one point they were in top 10 hot coed list in the United States. UVA took their best player from them too-Andrew Rhode. They gave a scare for majority of the game to Creighton last year too before Jays pulled away late and won by about a dozen.
Hot coeds in St. Paul? Gonna need some visual evidence.

Generally, only the top few teams in any given year are averse to blowout losses. Teams outside that will have a headscratcher or two. It's a trait that separates good teams from elite teams.

St Thomas received a waiver to jump directly from DIII to DI because their conference kicked them out for being too dominant. I think the other conference members were going to disband the conference if the NCAA didn't allow them to move up.

• Haha
It's tough to tell much about some of these early season games. 2 of Marquette's best wins were in a tournament. Teams get hot and in a rhythm and results are sometimes funny. This Providence loss is their first TRUE road game, so it doesn't mean too much, either. I'd say they're a good team but probably not a top 10 team. More like top 25.

You can take the kid out of a Cal practice, but it looks like you can't take Cal's coaching out of the kid.
Did you think of this yourself, or did the 6 other people who post the same message over and over help you?

It's tough to tell much about some of these early season games. 2 of Marquette's best wins were in a tournament. Teams get hot and in a rhythm and results are sometimes funny. This Providence loss is their first TRUE road game, so it doesn't mean too much, either. I'd say they're a good team but probably not a top 10 team. More like top 25.
Marquette is very solid, we will have to see how they finish but I like the makeup of that team.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
See that Dennis Felton is an assistant at Providence. Did not know he was still coaching. Also didn't know that Rick Stanbury was on the Memphis bench with Penny.
They always find a way to keep coaching somewhere and get paid. It’s a great profession once you make it. If you get to head coach at any decent school your set for life.

See that Dennis Felton is an assistant at Providence. Did not know he was still coaching. Also didn't know that Rick Stanbury was on the Memphis bench with Penny.
Have great memories of Felton at WKU. Unfortunately he could never recreate that success anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT