POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The use of Creator was specifically not a reference to that Abrahamic God. It's the terminology of the Deists of the day, which basically believed in a creative force that kicked the universe off and then stood back and watched. It's basically just science, study of the natural world 'given to us by God'. They didn't have the Big Bang Theory and theoretical physics, it was contained in 'naturalism'. Deism is specifically a rejection of institutionalized religious thought that claimed monopoly on knowledge. Its heart is rationalism, as opposed to the doctrines of any religion.

It may not be a direct reference to the Abrahamic God, but it’s not an exclusion either. That’s part of the genius of the wording. Men like John Jay and Thomas Jefferson can arrive at the same place with the meaning of the text despite having a different picture in their head of the word “Creator.”

Reactions: Dionysus444
The legal foundation is in the First Amendment. You know, the one you thought was the 2nd. The phrase itself comes from one of Jefferson's letters, he already linked it:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State." - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Danbury Baptists 1802
So? TJ was entitled to his opinion. Meaningless today. Just like the founders never envisioned an AR15 making the 2nd ripe for a broad interpretation today as you would assert. So the first can too be reimagined more broadly.

How much did Washington have access to?
A formal one until his mom yanked it and he took a different path through life. Which was obviously a pivotal one in the founding of our great nation. But that doesn't make his background typical of the Founding Fathers. He was the exception, not the rule.

One of us is being a contrarian. Possibly the one saying that the most respected man in our history was a bumpkin. His farewell address alone guided policy and government for over a century.
It's not a judgement. Washington kicked ass. A freedom fighter of upstanding character. Who insisted on stepping down after only two terms so as not to create any tradition of American monarchy. Imagine if that had been Trump...

One of us is being a contrarian. Possibly the one saying that the most respected man in our history was a bumpkin. His farewell address alone guided policy and government for over a century.
As an avowed Communist Dsus has a bitter taste in his mouth for the father of our country. He sees Marx, Engles, Lenin and Stalin as his Mt. Rushmore.

So? TJ was entitled to his opinion. Meaningless today. Just like the founders never envisioned an AR15 making the 2nd ripe for a broad interpretation today as you would assert. So the first can too be reimagined more broadly.
When have I ever asserted that about the 2nd? When you have to jump to irrelevant strawmen like that you know you're in too deep.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Again…what YOU are for is not what the people that YOU vote for want. They want unlimited infanticide because lack of accountability is their bedrock principal in all things, from crime to student loans to abortion and beyond.

You are saying, YOURSELF, that you agree with the overwhelming number of Republicans about it. While in the next breath saying that this amounts to religion running the country!

While they use “abortion rights” as the rally cry for millions of deluded and heartless women.

Let’s be real: you can never be a democrat and want restrictions on it. Is that not obvious?
That is so wrong it's laughable aside from the danger of being so extremely uninformed about the majority of Democrat's abortion views.

Even the most liberal state in America has limits on abortion access....once the fetus is viable, abortion is illegal unless the mother's life is in danger.

"Under California law, anyone in California who is pregnant has a legal right to choose to have an abortion before viability. A pregnancy becomes viable when a doctor determines that the fetus could live outside the uterus without extreme medical measures."

Btw...I vote blue and would prefer a 12 week limit on abortion with exceptions for rape/incest. Most Dems I know would concur. Some of my Republican friends/family do as well.

A formal one until his mom yanked it and he took a different path through life. Which was obviously a pivotal one in the founding of our great nation. But that doesn't make his background typical of the Founding Fathers. He was the exception, not the rule.
So more than Lincoln. Thank you.

Reactions: trueblujr2
It may not be a direct reference to the Abrahamic God, but it’s not an exclusion either. That’s part of the genius of the wording. Men like John Jay and Thomas Jefferson can arrive at the same place with the meaning of the text despite having a different picture in their head of the word “Creator.”
Exactly, as I said in my original post on the topic, it was an intentionally inclusionary term that referred to everyone. Christians and atheists and Hindus and your mom. All religions are equally separate from our government.

When have I ever asserted that about the 2nd? When you have to jump to irrelevant strawmen like that you know you're in too deep.
Your ilk argue that continuously. The founders never envisioned______________. The 2nd is living and open to revision. But the 1st? Not open to a modern adjustment because the founders never imagined.... As the left has done for decades using the non-existant "separation" as a cudgel. Prayer in the classroom? Separation. A nativity scene. Separation. BS. A nativity scene is not congress making a law as to a state CofE.

Your ilk argue that continuously. The founders never envisioned______________. The 2nd is living and open to revision. But the 1st? Not open to a modern adjustment because the founders never imagined.... As the left has done for decades using the non-existant "separation" as a cudgel. Prayer in the classroom? Separation. A nativity scene. Separation. BS. A nativity scene is not congress making a law as to a state CofE.
The First doesn't just ban a state religion, it bans any religious affiliation. Wtf is the part after the comma if the First only does what you're saying?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

No, they had similar amounts, a handful of years in childhood and that's it. Did you even have a point in bringing up Lincoln?
Your stupidly dripping contempt for GW in that post. You based it with saying he was a bumpkin who lacked education and contributed nothing. So I simply brought up the least educated Preaident, Lincoln to gauge your contempt for him.

WTF?

GONxpsmXgAEq7jA

The First doesn't just ban a state religion, it bans any religious affiliation. Wtf is the part after the comma if the First only does what you're saying?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
LOL. A nativity scene placed by a citizen is free exercise. Can you read the actual words without placing your own view of what you are told it says. It is pretty easy to read if you try. Do not legislate in DC a CofE, or prohib a prayer in school and you are not in violation. Your ilk spins it waaaaaaaaaaay beyond the words written.

Reactions: WTF Cat
Your stupidly dripping contempt for GW in that post. You based it with saying he was a bumpkin who lacked education and contributed nothing. So I simply brought up the least educated Preaident, Lincoln to gauge your contempt for him.
I don't have contempt for either of them. Either way though, how I feel about George Washington has no bearing on how much he contributed to our foundational documents. That's an independent matter of historical fact. Right?

LOL. A nativity scene placed by a citizen is free exercise. Can you read the actual words without placing your own view of what you are told it says. It is pretty easy to read if you try. Do not legislate in DC a CofE, or prohib a prayer in school and you are not in violation. Your ilk spins it waaaaaaaaaaay beyond the words written.
You keep saying that without offering any evidence to back it up. How about you answer this that you never did?
This is at least the second time I've seen you try to make this OF and FROM distinction. What are you trying to say? They are the same. There is no freedom of religion if we are not free from religion. How am I religiously free if I am forced to participate? Explain wtf you're talking about.

Nobody is stopping you or any other Christian in America from placing a big ass Nativity scene on their front lawn short of HOA restrictions they agreed to when buying their property. In that event, put the live camel in their living room. Go for it!
The problem with Nativity scenes ALWAYS revolves around putting the scene on PUBLIC GOVERNMENT property.
Because it is a public property paid for with everyone's tax dollars, a Muslim or Jew shouldn't have to walk past a Christian Nativity scene on the way to renew their driver's license. It also opens the door for Satanists or Wiccans to place their preferred religious symbols there as well.
That is exactly why the Founding Fathers advocated for separation of church and state.

• Love
Reactions: Dionysus444
If a religion, ANY religion, requires that practitioners pray at a certain time of day. Should public schools set aside a place (away from the rest of the students) to go and perform that ritual?

Should religious tee shirts be banned from being worn at school? Should children be allowed to read The Bible, The Quran, The Torah, etc. on campus? Should we permit openly religious garb to be worn at schools, or should strict uniform policies be enforced? No covering of the face/legs etc. IOW - If a religion requires that girls not wear pants, and the public school policy is to require that everyone wears pants, shirt with tie, and a jacket, is that okay?

For my part; No place for religious ceremonies, even if segregated from the student population, no religious texts allowed on school grounds, and strict dress codes, even if they're in violation of a child's religious convictions.

Ban any and ALL religious symbols, literature, practices, and dress from publicly funded schools. NOBODY gets a pass, and if you don't like it, kick rocks.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This, to me, includes any discussion of "sociological" issues, like gender fluidity, discussion of current political climate etc.

American public education doesn't have TIME for these things. We're so far behind right now, we need to concentrate on literacy, math, science.

For my part, I'm currently working with one of the Scott Co. Board of Education members to help me start a grassroots Math and Science tutoring program on Saturdays for at risk students (to include bus transportation to and from for the kids)

Last edited:
So you believe Orthodox Jews don’t work on Wednesday? You make crazy allegations with nothing to back it up.
Not me... It was people in NY who were guessing why Merchan didn't want to allow Trump to have fri as an off day. Obviously keeping him off the campaign trail for a day was one but apparently othodox Jews have some religious service they attend on Wed that preclude them from serving on the jury. The area the jury pool is in is 93% democrat voters. The othodox community in that area is the only demo that is close to 50/50.

Now imagine a DA making crazy allegations against a former president with nothing to back it up... and then the judge in question makes every ruling in favor of the prosecution... Wild right.

I guess Dershowitz is a nutjob right wing guy too?

Edit... Trial on Fri's because the service is on Fri. I got that backwards.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: This, to me, includes any discussion of "sociological" issues, like gender fluidity, discussion of current political climate etc.

American public education doesn't have TIME for these things. We're so far behind right now, we need to concentrate on literacy, math, science.

For my part, I'm currently working with one of the Scott Co. Board of Education members to help me start a grassroots Math and Science tutoring program on Saturdays for at risk students (to include bus transportation to and from for the kids)
I get your feelings on the subject, but those things don't have a constitutional ban like religion.

You're right, they don't. But they're superfluous. And we don't have time for superfluous.

Not me... It was people in NY who were guessing why Merchan didn't want to allow Trump to have fri as an off day. Obviously keeping him off the campaign trail for a day was one but apparently othodox Jews have some religious service they attend on Wed that preclude them from serving on the jury. The area the jury pool is in is 93% democrat voters. The othodox community in that area is the only demo that is close to 50/50.

Now imagine a DA making crazy allegations against a former president with nothing to back it up... and then the judge in question makes every ruling in favor of the prosecution... Wild right.

And an Epstein enthusiast.

Here's the thing that pisses me off the most with "rachel". She has never been in the navy or any military service. Admiral is an honorific for her job title in a non military health role. "She" is pretending to be an admiral. It would be like the surgeon general wearing a Eisenhower uniform and demanding people salute him... "She" is just role playing another role.

Thanks for confirming you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. You speak about Jewish people as if they’re some novelty. The Jewish sabbath is Saturday and begins at sundown on Friday. We’re in the spring/summer so there is no way that anyone could argue that having trial on Fridays was an attempt by the judge to “keep Jews off the jury” as you said.

Reactions: WalterTheHippo
Pretty sure we are talking to Karl Marx through Dion. Kinda like the Dali Llama test and how he is picked

-Dion knows how much money each person has so he can spend their money.

-Dion picks out the same liquor bottle Karl Marx would drink from as he was living off his wife’s dime

-Has that same unwashed body odor

-Gives articulate answers that make no sense or are outright lies

-Dion is Karl Marx incarnate

So you are back to criticizing your own side. Not just this post, but several. That took less than a week.

I havent seen your outrage at biden OR his admin for ordering a hit on his political rival.

let that sink in everyone ... biden ordered a hit on trump hoping to assassinate him. Of course that will not be a question during the debate and no one will be held accountable.

Imagine if the roles were reversed. You ppl on the left are simply terrible people.
Heard Dana Loesch excusing the language in the warrant, saying the same language was used in the Biden home search in Delaware.

I was literally screaming in my car at the radio - "BUT BIDEN WASN'T AT HOME DURING THE SEARCH YOU STUPID BITCH"

She's just a first level thinker. All that botox has lowered her IQ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT