POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Serious question....is anyone actually excited to have either one of those two as our President? Genuinely excited?

Anyone who is genuinely excited at either candidate hasn't been paying attention and/or cannot think for him/herself.

What's even more hilarious is that Gary Johnson is an idiot and Jill Stein is a nutbag. Evan McMullin is the only intelligent candidate, and he's not really qualified for the job.

Who is the 55% people in this country that think Obama is doing a good job? That means 55% are crazy, and they are walking and driving around me.
I think that number is bullshit. I don't know a single person that likes Obama. A couple people that I know that voted for him, told me voting for him was a huge mistake and that they regret it. So where are these 55% at?

Asia is selling massive amounts of coated steel to protect from rust but I've also read the suit was specifically about the dumping.
https://www.steelmarketupdate.com/n...le-antidumping-trade-suit-against-8-countries

Of course tariffs increase prices and margins but that doesn't mean US steel makers are suddenly profitable. However their stock prices anticipate better sales this year as the Asian steel market also isn't going away.

Last edited:
Amazing, this email scandal and the way it's being managed. And managed is the right word. Should by all rights be the biggest scandal since Watergate. But no. So, forever more, whenever the topic comes up, the left will incredulously say "are you kidding me? you guys beat that to death. to death! what do you mean it wasn't covered, and that it should've gotten more attention. idiots." and thereby missing it altogether. Just like with Jeremiah Wright. You can devote a lot of time to an issue, but if the agenda is to minimize or explain it away, it's not really an honest effort.....

"White House coordinated with State Department, Clinton campaign on email issue, documents show"

Reactions: ymmot31
And the right loves to complain that we have become a nation of panzies. Y'all are now b1tching about when Hillary is running commercials?

LOL...
Yes, somehow, manipulating an entire state during the worst US weather catastrophe in 11 years is effing hilarious... which is why they claimed to pull the ads immediately after they were exposed...

Except... they didn't actually pull them. Reports everywhere along the gulf coast (those that still have power) are seeing the mudslinging Hillary ads on TWC. Oh, and they are saying most are the "Pro-Children" variety.

That **** changes stances more than UL changes conferences.

Be proud, boy. Proud.

Last edited:
In Campbell Country, I have yet to see a Hillary sign (other than the ones "Hillary for Prison 2016").

I have seen a dozen or more Trump signs (including the one in my yard).
Are you under the delusion that Campbell County is somehow a microcosm of the US as a whole?
Before the first ballot is counted there are only a handful of states where there is any doubt which way that state will vote. Kentucky isn't in that handful.

Anyone who is genuinely excited at either candidate hasn't been paying attention and/or cannot think for him/herself.

What's even more hilarious is that Gary Johnson is an idiot and Jill Stein is a nutbag. Evan McMullin is the only intelligent candidate, and he's not really qualified for the job.
I have said this around my office for some time now. Where are our Kennedy's or Reagan's? We really don't have much to chose from. It's like trying to figure out who to root for UNC vs UL. I can't on either.

Serious question....is anyone actually excited to have either one of those two as our President? Genuinely excited?
this will be my only consolation when Hillary wins. One term president (sorry to borrow your stock phrase). Either of them is destined to be one termers. The well is poisoned. The level of acrimony is so high, both of them so disliked, that whomever wins is doomed. I doubt either has what it takes to actually be a good President - but it doesn't matter, and we'll never know, because the winner won't have a chance.

Leads to a solid argument - another one - why maybe a Republican shouldn't be for Trump. The party is wobbly, destabilized. An awful Trump presidency might be just the thing to destroy it - or at least make it start over, remade. Come to think of it, I suppose that's a main argument to support Trump, for many Republicans.....

Reactions: Atrain7732
I actually have no problem with Clinton buying up ad time to take advantage of everyone tuning in to witness a disaster. Seems appropriate, honestly.

If hurricane coverage, death and despair are something you enjoy, listening to Clinton voice over an ad is probably right up your alley.

Reactions: FusterCluck
I actually have no problem with Clinton buying up ad time to take advantage of everyone tuning in to witness a disaster. Seems appropriate, honestly.

If hurricane coverage, death and despair are something you enjoy, listening to Clinton voice over an ad is probably right up your alley.
A state full of old folks? You know how old folks are addicted to weather coverage... it's like fish in a barrel.

Is the hyping of Hurricane Matthew going to be the "new normal" as the left calls it? Any hurricane is bad but you'd think the entire state of Florida was gonna look like it was nuked afterwards with how the Govt and media reported on it.

I guess with the BS climate change narrative they are going to overhype any kind of storm these days.

Reactions: ymmot31
Is the hyping of Hurricane Matthew going to be the "new normal" as the left calls it? Any hurricane is bad but you'd think the entire state of Florida was gonna look like it was nuked afterwards with how the Govt and media reported on it.

I guess with the BS climate change narrative they are going to overhype any kind of storm these days.
This has been Rush's talking point all week. They've been waiting a LONG time for that foretold future of yearly Katrinas due to global warming and it has finally come to fruition and they aren't missing a beat picking up where they left off...

I'm in Nassau, and while there is damage I haven't seen anything earth shattering.

Mostly just debris from palm leaves. Having been through the ice storm in KY in 2009 it was far more destructive than this.

I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't get a level of destruction in Florida warranting a visit from Trump and Clinton, to be honest.

Are you under the delusion that Campbell County is somehow a microcosm of the US as a whole?
Before the first ballot is counted there are only a handful of states where there is any doubt which way that state will vote. Kentucky isn't in that handful.

What in his post made you think that he thinks that? Pretty defensive over nothing there Fuzzy

I've stated this very sentiment at least 3 times in this thread and it is echoed throughout.
a new, remade Republican party. Interesting, I wonder what it will look like? Nate Silver, by the way, wrote something a few months ago which was interesting - said that both parties get "remade" once every couple of generations basically. so, he said, if the Rs are about to crumble to an extent only to come back as something else, that's not a catastrophic event, but pretty normal in the history of the Rs and Ds both.

Anyway, since Reagan, the Rs have been comprised basically of three groups. The economics/free enterprise group; the foreign affairs/strong national defense group; and the social conservatives. That configuration came about as a response to the excesses of the 60s, I believe. Some of the 60s crowd grew up, and some of the silent majority said 'enough', and that led to a resurgent R party, with 12 years of Reagan/Bush and Clinton saying the era of big government is over. Now we're having a liberal resurgence - and some of the stuff going on today with the social justice crowd sounds amazingly like some of the stuff from the 60s. Anyway, those 3 groups don't peacefully coexist any more.....

The pendulum will swing back the other way, always does. I wonder what the Rs will look like going forward.....

I think that number is bullshit. I don't know a single person that likes Obama. A couple people that I know that voted for him, told me voting for him was a huge mistake and that they regret it. So where are these 55% at?
giphy.gif

If Trump wins, R's will be remade via establishment loss of power.

If Trump loses, R establishment will double down and consolidate and you'll be staring at Rubio/Jeb type, stone cold lock. Oh, and D's *boatrace*.

Pretty nice side bonus of a DT vote, frankly. Long term I agree with you completely Mojo.

Only 500 dead in Haiti? Yeah, I'd say all hype.

I don't even think about changing the channel for less than 100,000 dead Haitians in a natural disaster.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I'm in Nassau, and while there is damage I haven't seen anything earth shattering.

Mostly just debris from palm leaves. Having been through the ice storm in KY in 2009 it was far more destructive than this.
Drudge was reporting that ground reports in Nassau weren't matching with what the NOAA was reporting. He caught tons of hell over it too.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Obama is a chinless ****** & is being treated as such by the rest of the world.

First Iran harassing our Navy, no fear of the consequences. Now Russia straight up threatening, warning that they will shoot US jets out of the sky, with no fear of the consequences.

Seriously, this is America, supposedly the greatest military power on the planet, yet no one fears or respects us b/c they know our leaders are incompetent buffoons.

& the most messed up part about it all? Obama's administration is about to lead us into war with Russia all b/c Obama has secretly sided with, & is protecting his jv team in Syria, trying to help them topple the government.

a new, remade Republican party. Interesting, I wonder what it will look like? Nate Silver, by the way, wrote something a few months ago which was interesting - said that both parties get "remade" once every couple of generations basically. so, he said, if the Rs are about to crumble to an extent only to come back as something else, that's not a catastrophic event, but pretty normal in the history of the Rs and Ds both.

Anyway, since Reagan, the Rs have been comprised basically of three groups. The economics/free enterprise group; the foreign affairs/strong national defense group; and the social conservatives. That configuration came about as a response to the excesses of the 60s, I believe. Some of the 60s crowd grew up, and some of the silent majority said 'enough', and that led to a resurgent R party, with 12 years of Reagan/Bush and Clinton saying the era of big government is over. Now we're having a liberal resurgence - and some of the stuff going on today with the social justice crowd sounds amazingly like some of the stuff from the 60s. Anyway, those 3 groups don't peacefully coexist any more.....

The pendulum will swing back the other way, always does. I wonder what the Rs will look like going forward.....
I think the letters "LBJ" are requisite components of any discussion regarding 1970s party realignment. The question in my mind is whether Trump will occupy a similar perch or if he's just a 21st century Goldwater.

Idk. I assume it's a delicate political balance as trade continues with China. I read American steel manufacturers filed suit in 2015 over the quality of the steel but guys like Dan DiMicco have been talking about the dumping aspect for a few years now. I know we aren't supposed to believe the MSM but the tariff came after a lot of discussion and this suit. It's the right thing to do whenever a trading partner doesn't live up to their agreement. But how do you actually prove businesses or countries are selling at a loss to corner the market? Not an easy thing to prove I'm sure. American business leaders have to use their expertise to lead the discussion.

If a company wants to sell at a loss it is their right.

Hell Lowe's sales stuff all the time cheaper than most retail places buy materials. As an 84 Lumber guy it is no sweat off my back and when they do that I tell my guys to stock up. But that's why they are my guys because I know when that stuff happens and instead of trying to guilt them into being loyal I want them to buy our competitor out of that loss and get back to doing business with me ASAP.

It's business and it happens! But the real issue is how can we not be competitive with a country that has to ship it here and pay a tariff? Just think about that.

Also if you are not (clearly you aren't) on the trump wagon then you are for Hiliary and she does support illegal immigrants and no borders.

So the irony of your concern is something to behold.

Obama is a chinless ****** & is being treated as such by the rest of the world.

First Iran harassing our Navy, no fear of the consequences. Now Russia straight up threatening, warning that they will shoot US jets out of the sky, with no fear of the consequences.

Seriously, this is America, supposedly the greatest military power on the planet, yet no one fears or respects us b/c they know our leaders are incompetent buffoons.

& the most messed up part about it all? Obama's administration is about to lead us into war with Russia all b/c Obama has secretly sided with, & is protecting his jv team in Syria, trying to help them topple the government.
While I appreciate how you feel and get it, I'm all for getting out of that area 100% at this point.

Leave us out of it for a few years and we will be back to a place where we can financially handle the stress caused by their constant fighting.

Basically F them bring our boys home and lets regroup!

Reactions: Atrain7732
Lmao local govts were telling citizens to get out or they would die

Is that true? I just heard about a dozen news reports.

From our current Vice President in support of Hillary, sounds like a rousing endorsement:

Biden said, “I know some of you, and some of the people you are trying to convince are not crazy about Hillary. I know that. Okay. I think she has gotten an unfair deal. But the truth of the matter is there is a lot of people—but folks don’t , don’t wake up on November 9 and find out we lost Pennsylvania by 2000 votes and say if I only. If I had only taken my neighbor. If I only gone. If I only. If I only. And there has been a lot of elections. Remember Al Gore.”

LOL--Hillary's New Campaign Slogan: Remember Al Gore!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT