How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How Donald Trump Ditched U.S. Steel Workers in Favor of China

"Plenty of blue-collar workers believe that, as president, Donald Trump would be ready to fight off U.S. trade adversaries and reinvigorate the country’s manufacturing industries through his commitment to the Rust Belt. What they likely don’t know is that Trump has been stiffing American steel workers on his own construction projects for years, choosing to deprive untold millions of dollars from four key electoral swing states and instead directing it to China—the country whose trade practices have helped decimate the once-powerful industrial center of the United States."

You really do not get business do you?

In construction companies take bids and evaluate every facet of a project. If China has the most competitive steel prices then Trump should take advantage. His goal is to make the best decision on his projects that allow for the most profit.

What he is addressing politically is why TF is it better for him to use China? They not only have the best price but they also have the best product and can be trusted not to be wrong on materials involved so they are trustworthy too.

Makes no sense at all that a guy building skyscrapers isn't getting the best right here at home. But it's because companies are sending our best out of the country in many cases to be overtop cheap labor. Our labor is too much and so are the taxes. So companies outsource to foreign lands to remain competitive because they have to. If taxes were lower they would accept higher labor to stay here.

Does that help you understand the man is diagnosing the problem that he himself takes advantage of!

I am starting to suspect that James is with her.:grimace:
I do not have to vote for a president but I could easily pinch my nose and vote for Hildegarde and the status quo. Would not lose a minutes sleep over it. My life is so much better than 8 years ago at this time. Four years of The Donald is such a huge question mark.

My vote won't matter in KY anyway. Too much Donald blindness. So I may just skip it.

In construction companies take bids and evaluate every facet of a project. If China has the most competitive steel prices then Trump should take advantage. His goal is to make the best decision on his projects that allow for the most profit.

What he is addressing politically is why TF is it better for him to use China? They not only have the best price but they also have the best product and can be trusted not to be wrong on materials involved so they are trustworthy too.

Makes no sense at all that a guy building skyscrapers isn't getting the best right here at home. But it's because companies are sending our best out of the country in many cases to be overtop cheap labor. Our labor is too much and so are the taxes. So companies outsource to foreign lands to remain competitive because they have to. If taxes were lower they would accept higher labor to stay here.

Does that help you understand the man is diagnosing the problem that he himself takes advantage of!

Not going to help him with voters in the rust belt...

Knowing how to fix the problem to stop it won't help?

I really think you just want to hate Trump which is fine just don't waste my time with otherwise reason less posts.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
Some counties had to issue curfews because BLM says they want to loot after the hurricane. Sickening.

You understand China was dumping steel which prompted Obama to enact a tariff right???

I say let them!

You want reality then give them the ok to be themselves. Govt has been great at divide and conquer for decades but right now they are covering for this group until the election is over and then they too will get buried by racism in eyeopening fashion.

You understand China was dumping steel which prompted Obama to enact a tariff right???

Yes, and you realize that Trump didn't pay the highest price for materials on his job just to buy from China right? A tariff may keep price close, but in a lot of cases American price is still higher than a foreign product with tariff and in business being profitable is pretty important.

McCain was probably the worst candidate of my life. He wouldn't hit Obama on almost anything. He was a flat out joke, I knew he was going to lose months before that election. What a disaster of a campaign.
Yep, he was fairly bad - but it wouldn't have mattered, so there was no wasted opportunity. A perfect storm for the Democrats that year: Bush's approval around 30% after Iraq and Katrina, worst economy in generations, the first black candidate who was inspiring enough to make people say completely stupid stuff like there should be a new book in the Bible named after him and his presence would cause the oceans to roll back, and an in the tank Jornolist media that would go to any lengths to cover up ties to the Underground Weathermen and Reverend Wright. A republican ticket of Lincoln + Reagan wouldn't have won that year....

YES!! That's why a tariff is needed.

The Chinese were flooding the market with dirt cheap steel, builders, like Trump were making business decisions, which is to use the most cost efficient material.
That in turn causes US producers out of business.

YES!! That's why a tariff is needed.

The Chinese were flooding the market with dirt cheap steel, builders, like Trump were making business decisions, which is to use the most cost efficient material.
That in turn causes US producers out of business.
Dan DiMicco of Nucor complained the loudest which prompted a steel summit that preceded the change. We have to hold our trade partners accountable. Obama was right.

Dan DiMicco of Nucor complained the loudest which prompted a steel summit that preceded the change. We have to hold our trade partners accountable. Obama was right.

I agree, unfortunately it came only after Trumps message was loud, clear and gaining steam.
I'm glad Obama did that, but it was too late for the steelworkers in Calvert City, KY, they were notified in August the plant was closing.

To much on both sides now is done for political reasons and not because it just makes sense.

So it's okay to let the Chinese corner the steel market illegally? Got it.

1- who said anything about illegal? If the president imposed a tariff(tax) then I'm sure its legal

2- don't you support a candidate that is for illegal aliens stealing jobs? Oh the irony

Campaign. Malpractice.

Clintonpantsuits.gif

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
I agree, unfortunately it came only after Trumps message was loud, clear and gaining steam.
I'm glad Obama did that, but it was too late for the steelworkers in Calvert City, KY, they were notified in August the plant was closing.

To much on both sides now is done for political reasons and not because it just makes sense.
DiMicco brought the issue to light a few years ago after resigning and entering the political fracas. Only when the steel producers filed suit over the inferior steel did the ball get rolling. But I'm confident The Donald is taking all the credit.

DiMicco brought the issue to light a few years ago after resigning and entering the political fracas. Only when the steel producers filed suit over the inferior steel did the ball get rolling. But I'm confident The Donald is taking all the credit.

This has been an issue for years, it's not a recent issue.
My point was that I'm glad Obama did it, but I think a large reason he did was to counter Trumps rise and deflate his message.

The larger point is our nations past success is being used against us by foreign countries, and our Govt has allowed, and even made it possible.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
I do not have to vote for a president but I could easily pinch my nose and vote for Hildegarde and the status quo. Would not lose a minutes sleep over it. My life is so much better than 8 years ago at this time. Four years of The Donald is such a huge question mark.

My vote won't matter in KY anyway. Too much Donald blindness. So I may just skip it.
Meanwhile, Cosby has gone from, to the effect of, 'Trump supporters are GD idiots' to "one step closer to actually going out and voting for Trump". And really, he should.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Had a conversation today with the mill manager at a major hardwood lumber manufacturer. Mexicans have, for the last decade, worked at the labor intensive areas in sawmills. Randy told me today he had one Mexican who had worked for them 4 different times under 4 different names with 4 different Social Security cards. I asked him about withholding. How was that reported? According to him, the Mexicans would usually claim 8 to 10 dependents which meant very little tax was withheld. Then, at year end they would take their W-2's and throw them away, leaving to go somewhere else under another name. How do they keep doing it? They take the Social Security number of someone who's dead. If they do get citizenship they start figuring out how to scam the system to get freebies from the government and they become another drag on the taxpayer. Or, they find a fat white woman dumb enough to marry them and they are in like flint. HRC has to know the scam.....her and the national Democratic Party are interested in one thing.....power.

I had thought about selling some of my guns and I may sell a few .22 pistols but I am stocking up on more 00 buck, buying a tactical 12 gauge to go along with my sporting 12's, and buying more 147 grain hollow points for my 9mm's. Might not come down to it in my lifetime, but a storm is brewing down the road.

Unfortunately, our government can't do anything accurately or effectively. Included in the tariffs are steels that no domestic producer makes now or wants to make. The end result is that those domestic producers who use that steel will see their cost of production go up, making foreign manufacturers of those products even more price competitive, costing American jobs and the resultant tax revenues. Is it no wonder more companies don't take their operations offshore?

Long and short of it------our government sucks.

Pretty sure this is happening everywhere with minorities. It's not going to be pretty come election day for most of you...

On the heels of having that states voter id laws struck down. No coincidence I'm sure....

If he did, he'd never admit it. Hillary can do no wrong to those people

Last edited:
I won't, I promise Willy. Throughout this process I have striven to remain neutral. Please respect my wishes.

Man, Will you let me watch you vote? Will you wear a wire? Body cam to prove it? Man, FTS, you're one guy on here that I have a lil' faith in. I'm dying FTS, I've got a terminal illness. You wanna kill me? If you vote for that bitch, then there's a good chance my death exacerbates.

Reactions: From-the-stands
Man, Will you let me watch you vote? Will you wear a wire? Body cam to prove it? Man, FTS, you're one guy on here that I have a lil' faith in. I'm dying FTS, I've got a terminal illness. You wanna kill me? If you vote for that bitch, then there's a good chance my death exacerbates.
Illness will not reach you Willy, and Matthew can't hurt you either. And I'm not as big as a storm or cruel as a disease. You think I'd do something bad to you?

Had a conversation today with the mill manager at a major hardwood lumber manufacturer. Mexicans have, for the last decade, worked at the labor intensive areas in sawmills. Randy told me today he had one Mexican who had worked for them 4 different times under 4 different names with 4 different Social Security cards. I asked him about withholding. How was that reported? According to him, the Mexicans would usually claim 8 to 10 dependents which meant very little tax was withheld. Then, at year end they would take their W-2's and throw them away, leaving to go somewhere else under another name. How do they keep doing it? They take the Social Security number of someone who's dead. If they do get citizenship they start figuring out how to scam the system to get freebies from the government and they become another drag on the taxpayer. Or, they find a fat white woman dumb enough to marry them and they are in like flint. HRC has to know the scam.....her and the national Democratic Party are interested in one thing.....power.

I had thought about selling some of my guns and I may sell a few .22 pistols but I am stocking up on more 00 buck, buying a tactical 12 gauge to go along with my sporting 12's, and buying more 147 grain hollow points for my 9mm's. Might not come down to it in my lifetime, but a storm is brewing down the road.
bbbe54d2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT