POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Preet bharara...learn the name. Might just become the most known prosecutor in recdnt history.

I'll do you one better. I've got one about the fear of Clinton.

Antigonish by Willam Hughes Mearns

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

When I came home last night at three,
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall,
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

Last night I saw upon the stair,
A little man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away...

I've always liked that poem, and like you, it does remind me of the Clinton duplicity.

Here's another I'm sure you are familiar with. I think of it when I'm reminded of Hillary. It is by Lewis Carroll

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Never really understood the point liberals think they're making by comparing the pilgrims to Mexicans.

Unless they're trying to say Mexicans are disease ridden squatters who are going to eradicate us from our land.

If that's the case, I agree. The Indians should have built a wall and they wouldn't be living on reservations now.

Of course, the $400mil was Iranian money that we had been holding if ever needed for diplomatic leverage. Like getting the return of our citizens. We didn't pony up a dime.

It really is wild how so many people can be manipulated into believing total BS. Independent thinking is a lost concept. Reminds me of an episode of brain games regarding social conformity.

How can Iran's own money be ransom? It was never our money.[/QUOTE]

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/state-...-iran-was-contingent-on-us-prisoners-release/

Last edited:
Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Do you mean that literally or sarcastically?

I'm not sure I could have been any more literal what so ever!

You honestly think you now know the absolute worst truths about the Clinton foundation?

Focus on that and don't spin and compare to Trumps BS for one post.

I'm not sure I could have been any more literal what so ever!

You honestly think you now know the absolute worst truths about the Clinton foundation?

Focus on that and don't spin and compare to Trumps BS for one post.

You could really try to respond to my post. Why would the probability of the leakers giving their best shot right off the bat be "delusional"? Do you imagine everything is always going to be bigger and more sensational?

It's good to be skeptical about almost everything.

Trump is overperforming in the polls, not underperforming. He has no get out the vote operation while Hillary is in command of Obama's awesome GOTV machine that has been called the greatest ever.

Trump will lose worse than the polling indicates. Your BREXIT wet dream fantasies will not save you anymore than they did Romney.

Well the clintons are in a different category than everything else.

In fact when it comes to being corrupt I'd think they just may be #1.

And I did focus on your post when asking if you were naive enough to honestly think the worst things the clintons are apart of is public knowledge.

If you disagree and do think you know the worst about them, then yes I think you are delusional.

Hillary cannot even fill up high school gymnasiums. her last rally in Cleveland they had to funnel in the kids from the school to make it look like anyone was there. all the while the Donald continues to draw thousands everywhere he shows up. yet you say Hillary is in command and Donald is overperforming in the polls? your scared Z. you will have no where to go, no where left to leave behind your endless list of b.s. when she loses. no one is showing up to watch her speak, you think people are going to magically show up to vote for her in the same numbers they did for Barack. cause without his turnout, she is toast.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Of course, the $400mil was Iranian money that we had been holding if ever needed for diplomatic leverage. Like getting the return of our citizens. We didn't pony up a dime.
What about the $1.3 Billion in interest? Whose money was that?

To answer your question as to why they wouldn't leak the most damaging info first is really simple if you realize people really are against the crooked and corrupt clintons......and some are smarter than the democrats which have blown their wads in hopes to overwhelm Trump.

Seems the hackers knew the leaks would be released in waves and they wanted the last wave to be the most damaging.

Pretty logical, which may explain why you don't get it.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
To answer your question as to why they wouldn't leak the most damaging info first is really simple if you realize people really are against the crooked and corrupt clintons......and some are smarter than the democrats which have blown their wads in hopes to overwhelm Trump.

Seems the hackers knew the leaks would be released in waves and they wanted the last wave to be the most damaging.

Pretty logical, which may explain why you don't get it.

It's not a good idea to confuse hypotheticals with reality.

This article is onto something. Do you honestly think a democrat or independent is going to take a phone call from pollsters who know their name, address and location and honestly let them know they are voting for trump? On election night they go into a secluded booth and vote anonymously....more will go for Trump than Hillary.

This article is onto something. Do you honestly think a democrat or independent is going to take a phone call from pollsters who know their name, address and location and honestly let them know they are voting for trump? On election night they go into a secluded booth and vote anonymously....more will go for Trump than Hillary.

Do you honestly think Trump will win California?

Trump is overperforming in the polls, not underperforming. He has no get out the vote operation while Hillary is in command of Obama's awesome GOTV machine that has been called the greatest ever.

Trump will lose worse than the polling indicates. Your BREXIT wet dream fantasies will not save you anymore than they did Romney.
Your GOTV fantasy won't matter either, you see, Hillary isn't black. Her life doesn't matter.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Hillary cannot even fill up high school gymnasiums. her last rally in Cleveland they had to funnel in the kids from the school to make it look like anyone was there. all the while the Donald continues to draw thousands everywhere he shows up. yet you say Hillary is in command and Donald is overperforming in the polls? your scared Z. you will have no where to go, no where left to leave behind your endless list of b.s. when she loses. no one is showing up to watch her speak, you think people are going to magically show up to vote for her in the same numbers they did for Barack. cause without his turnout, she is toast.
If crowds meant anything Bernie Sanders would be president.

Look, you're going to get landslided and then in your lifetime you'll never see another Republican president. The sooner you grasp that fact then the sooner you can be welcomed to reality. Life inside the echo chamber is not healthy. If you idiots learn nothing from this spanking then at least learn that.

I love the way the Republican rubes bit on the Hillary health issue just as I knew they would. We needed a way to make Hillary more likable and the best way to do that was to make her sympathetic. So we have her hobble around a little bit and sure enough the Republican rubes bite and run with it just as we planned. LOL.

Now Hillary is a more sympathetic figure with the big bad bully Republicans attacking a sick woman.

Damn. I am good at this.

If crowds meant anything Bernie Sanders would be president.

Look, you're going to get landslided and then in your lifetime you'll never see another Republican president. The sooner you grasp that fact then the sooner you can be welcomed to reality. Life inside the echo chamber is not healthy. If you idiots learn nothing from this spanking then at least learn that.

maybe right, but Trump is no republican. not in the same mold as this current party exists. so he could win and you would still be right! and the Bern wasn't drawing crowds like Trump either. Bern's support was primarily kids and hipsters, not exactly the most reliable voting block.

please tell me you will stick around after the election Z. show some humility in defeat. it will suit ya

State Department spokesman John Kirby was asked at Thursday’s press briefing: “In basic English, you’re saying you wouldn’t give them $400 million in cash until the prisoners were released, correct?”

“That’s correct,” Kirby replied.

In an Aug. 4 press conference, President Obama said the opposite.

“We do not pay ransom. We didn’t here, and we won’t in the future,” the president told reporters, speaking of the Jan. 17 payment and hostage release.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
"People feel comfortable answering questions without fear of being bullied or being called a racist"

^ Therein lies the biggest difference in polling from now and '12 polling for those that like to use it as example.

Certainly don't believe DT in a landslide or even win necessarily but good Christ some of you are woefully underestimating the stretch run...

Would you like for me to pull the quotes from CEO on his quarterly call with investors from this Spring? Might that help you better understand.

I'm using direct quotes from the CEO...what are you using?

April/May - everything is going well with ACA
July - We will expand ACA if our merger is approved...if not, then we will scale back.
Here is a link to the transcript of Aetna's Q1 earnings call. I invite you to read it.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/396...-2016-results-earnings-call-transcript?page=1

To save you some time, I'll print here Bertolini's comments about the exchanges. There are multiple concerns and caveats throughout the quotes. All anyone wants to remember - all the people you're getting your info from, is his comment about this being a good investment. Context is your friend. Read it.

I understand it quite well. For you, this is simply one more political issue for you to be Team Blue all in. Obamacare is fundamentally and intrinsically flawed. It will not work, it cannot work. In time that will be obvious, and all this caterwauling will be exposed for what it is.

Opening remarks

Let me take a moment to discuss public exchanges and our individual business. From a regulatory perspective, we welcome the efforts of CMS to work with the industry to stabilize the individual public exchange program. While we are encouraged by these regulatory efforts, there is still much work to be done to ensure the long-term future of this program. As we enter the third year of the public exchange program, we are committed to working constructively with the administration and lawmakers to find solutions that can improve this program, stabilize the risk pool and expand product flexibility, all with the goal of creating a sustainable program that makes health care more affordable and accessible for all consumers.

Analyst question regarding exchanges

Well, I think let's talk about the pricing on the exchanges. With the 2Rs coming off this year, that's a six-point impact on top of trend. So that will have obviously an impact on the exchange enrollment in some way, shape or form and the subsidies coming out of the federal government. We do hope to get to breakeven this year. We're looking forward to the next administration to improve the product as we move ahead.

Let me just give you a different sort of basis to think about our participation in the exchanges. We have 911,000 members on the public exchanges Individual. We have 1.2 million members that are exchange or ACA-compliant. If we were to go out and buy those members, it would cost us somewhere around $1.2 billion to acquire them. If we were to build out 15 markets, it would cost us somewhere between $600 million to $750 million to enter those markets and build out the capabilities necessary to grow that membership.

So in the broad scheme of things, we are well, well below any of those numbers from the standpoint of losses we've incurred in the first two-and-a-half years of this program. And so we see this as a good investment, hoping that we have an administration and a Congress that will allow us to change the product like we change Medicare every year and we change Medicaid every year. But we haven't been able to touch this product because of the politics. But if we get to that point, we believe we are in a very good place to make this a sustainable program.

Analyst question regarding exchanges

I think the kinds of structural changes that we need to make, I think Secretary Burwell and her team at CMS and HHS have done a really good job of using the regulatory framework that they can to try and improve the program in the short term here. But there are bigger structural changes that need to made around product flexibility, rating flexibility, pooling. We need different pools, not one pool. Cross subsidizing at the premium level across a large swath of the population doesn't work. It needs to be multiple pools with specific products for each pool. All of that requires legislative response. And that's not going to happen in the near term here.

We will see the dynamics of the market get tougher as we go forward if we don't get those kinds of structural changes. How it affects us versus others, quite frankly, we've been very careful to choose the markets we're in, as Karen noted earlier. We look for the right cost structure, we offer the kinds of products that we believe people need, but at some point, unless we make these kind of changes, the market will be challenged.

Umm, Dr. Drew spoke on it.
Yup. Its pretty obvious her health is in terrible shape. Hell my landlord is 100 years old and he walks around and stands better than Hillary.

Long coughing fits, has mini space out moments and can't go up 3 stairs without help. The media is covering it up, that right there is a pretty good indication that shes sick.

They have their intended effect. Thanks.
On who? Who's vote have you swayed to Clinton? Who's vote for Trump have you suppressed?

You ever stopped to think how many people on here would have sat out or voted Gohnson....literally and figuratively....because of you and your bagness? Willy, for one. And there are others.

Think about it....you have personally cost Hillary at the ballot box which is awesome imo.

On who? Who's vote have you swayed to Clinton? Who's vote for Trump have you suppressed?

You ever stopped to think how many people on here would have sat out or voted Gohnson....literally and figuratively....because of you and your bagness? Willy, for one. And there are others.

Think about it....you have personally cost Hillary at the ballot box which is awesome imo.

Gohnson' 16

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT