• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, lets play this out.

Normal flu kills 10-20k a year.

Right now, and the death count will obviously go up, less than 700 have died in the US.

What is your minimum acceptable death count that justifies a loss of trillions (we're over $3 trillion right now)?

Whatever gets Trump out and turns the US into Venezuela

nope, 0.0002%. Your 0.000002 is a decimal. Regardless it's small.

Issue whether 0.2% of the population is infected or 20%. If it's 20%, we're in good shape. If it's 0.2%, then we could be staring at 60K deaths. Need to manage well below 60K, & I think we can do that with another couple weeks of data. Key to me is too keep the vulnerable isolated & millennials from being their collective DA selves.
Are you saying 20% infection of the population is better than .2% infection?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Ok, lets play this out.

Normal flu kills 10-20k a year.

Right now, and the death count will obviously go up, less than 700 have died in the US.

What is your minimum acceptable death count that justifies a loss of trillions (we're over $3 trillion right now)?

I literally LOL’d in someone’s face about this exact fact, and was told “it’s not funny! You don’t understand the math!”.

THE MATH. Like the numbers they are ignoring? I don’t get it man. Some people just want to be scared.

Coming from someone who even voted for Trump, GD what an idiot and selfish prick that guy is. He gets dumber and more annoying every time I hear him speak.

Coming from someone who even voted for Pelosi, GD what an idiot and selfish bitch that gal is. She gets dumber and more annoying every time I hear her speak.

No really, my eight year old will back me up.

Leadership!

90796105_2689999301217968_2264423130590085120_n.jpg

I had major surgery scheduled on April 16th and had to cancel it because of the virus. So I continue in extreme pain I am not interested in hearing about somebody changing their sex as "essential". This is not the time to practice ignorance. Wait for things to settle down and then be stupid.
Will be praying for you Sawnee. Hang in there.

Odds on ole AB running for President in 2024?

Who wants to start taking action?

Ole slow-talking southern gentlemen ala Wild Bill from Arkansas is playing well not only in this state but gaining favor nationwide.

We've now done as many tests in 8 days as South Korea did in 8 weeks. Suk it, dems.

Which is huge considering I assumed pretty much everyone we'd test would have it.

Even with infections I just don't see any way this turns out nearly as bad as we were told. I am surprised only about 10% of those tested actually have it. What do the rest have? Because they must have at least the symptoms before they're tested?

Which is huge considering I assumed pretty much everyone we'd test would have it.

Even with infections I just don't see any way this turns out nearly as bad as we were told. I am surprised only about 10% of those tested actually have it. What do the rest have? Because they must have at least the symptoms before they're tested?

Agreed - seems like we are wasting a bunch of tests/resources to do the tests.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Bloomberg article says if we don't social distance for a few more months it COULD lead to 600,000 more deaths.

Good god. This is exactly why he should've been forced to sell his stake in his media company before running.

I could inherit some of Bloomberg's fortune if I paint myself orange and jump off the Verrazano bridge

Mostly likely they have a common cold or are allergic to the family cat. I know the cat keeps my eyes watering and I sneeze every time she gets close. One thing for sure it is not the Chinese flu

I wish we could know how many that died from it had bad health going in and/or disgusting hygiene, obesity, etc.. I bet the number is extraorinarliy high.

I had major surgery scheduled on April 16th and had to cancel it because of the virus. So I continue in extreme pain I am not interested in hearing about somebody changing their sex as "essential". This is not the time to practice ignorance. Wait for things to settle down and then be stupid.

Bless you brother SC, I will keep you in prayer.

Sensationalize much? People die. For all sorts of many reasons. You treat this virus like it’s some world ending automatic death sentence if you get it. 98.6% OF THE PEOPLE GETTING IT IN THE US ARE SURVING IT. and in realty it’s far more than that because of all the yokels who went “meh cough cough, I got a cold” and got over it. Omaha Nebraska isn’t going to suffer the same affects as a city of 6 million people. Get real. According to what you’re saying, we should shut down the world for the Flu. It’s taking FAR and away more lives than this virus. The numbers of confirmed cases and deaths so far would be lost in the flu numbers if nobody had discovered it.
You're right. I'll take advice and predictions on pandemics from someone that doesn't know the difference between a % and a decimal. Sure thing.

I'm surprised by that number too. I know celebrities and politicians without symptoms are probably getting tested, but that's a small number.

I thought the threshold for testing was so strict that we likely have tons of people with the virus that haven't been tested but not the other way around.

well right now the death rate is really quite low considering it's 700 or so deaths over 55,000 cases but a hell of a lot more have it everyone can see that they're just not tested or have no symptoms. So I say no not worth drastic action except maybe in nyc
The problem is that if the drastic actions work, we'll never know if this was all overblown or mitigated because of the precautions. It will be argued on both sides forever.

Again, I err on the side of caution personally.

I'm not enjoying this either, man. My 401k is taking a beating just like everybody else.

It is frightening to think where Joey's hand has been.

They've been on all of but not limited to the following:

Corn Pop

The Moon

The Demon Balthazar as he fought alongside Michael the Arc Angel against evil

The Malarkey crime syndicate

One of the original Faberge eggs

Asses, faces, shoulders of most everyone in the known world...he's in the Guinness Book of World Records for it

His own leg hair at the same time as little kids at the pool

The dead sea scrolls

The arc of the covenant

The fountain of youth

The Berlin Wall as he knocked it over

Steadily over the nuclear launch codes during the cold war

Slaves as he ushered them to freedom through the underground railroad

The problem is that if the drastic actions work, we'll never know if this was all overblown or mitigated because of the precautions. It will be argued on both sides forever.

Again, I err on the side of caution personally.

I'm not enjoying this either, man. My 401k is taking a beating just like everybody else.

you may not be but I promise the Dems are loving it . Sensationalizing this was a plot to drown the economy from the beginning. They all but said so themselves this was their lifeline for 2020

If I have learned anything during this mess is that our financial situation in this country and world is so fragile it scares me to think about the amount of money I/we save and invest and what it may be worth when it’s time to retire. I enjoy bottom feeding like I have recently but what good is it when only the very rich have any shot because everyone else are broke due to hyper inflation and everything else we are clearly on track for.

I wish we could know how many that died from it had bad health going in and/or disgusting hygiene, obesity, etc.. I bet the number is extraorinarliy high.

All. I don't think there's even a dispute about that. The ones I love the most are:

35 YEAR OLD DIES FROM CORONAVIRUS

in the fine print you see he had a list of health issues as long as a cvs receipt

We'll know because the number never got close. To your point though, it won't stop Dems from claiming it worked.

Don't worry. Dems and msm already know the gameplan:

Whatever we wanted worked. Whatever we didn't want didn't

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT