POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will know exactly how many will die. But we'll never know how many lived. That's because testing is really irrelevant unless there are severe symptoms.

So all we'll ever know is the absolute worst case scenario mortality rate. Even though that won't be worth this nonsense, the actual rate will be a sliver of that. Because most are so mild they never even report symptoms.
Depends on what value you put on life. And don’t lob the abortion bomb at me because you have no idea on my thoughts about that.

16-C72-DAD-3123-4955-8948-F8-A81-ECDEE34.jpg

We will know exactly how many will die. But we'll never know how many lived. That's because testing is really irrelevant unless there are severe symptoms.

So all we'll ever know is the absolute worst case scenario mortality rate. Even though that won't be worth this nonsense, the actual rate will be a sliver of that. Because most are so mild they never even report symptoms.

And they are going to stop testing a lot of individuals.
All of these statistics will be absolutely worthless other than to pound into the public's mind that people are dying and you need to do as we say.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...hospital-patients/ar-BB11vpAa?ocid=spartanntp

"Top priority, they said, should go to those who are hospitalized, along with health-care workers, symptomatic residents of long-term care facilities and people over 65 — especially those with heart and lung disease, which place them at higher risk."

Not that I disagree with prioritizing the testing, but again these statistics will be useless.

Okay, great game, Cats. Loved watching Belk Bowl again.

The most COVID-19 infected county in Germany, Hainsberg Kreis, borders Belgium. Robert Koch Institute (RKI) data appears less accurate than Berliner Morganpost totals for some reason. I'd think RKI data updates again tomorrow. Using both sources provides a somewhat clearer picture about total infections over there. RKI data also breaks down by age group and sex, as well as location.

Based on my understanding, screenings for infected individuals not requiring hospitalization are conducted by German Red Cross (Deutsche Rotes Kreuz- DRK) as sort of a first step in triage, if they are following disaster response protocol. I have no data yet on number of German cases requiring hospitalization. I can find out from a doctor friend, but am reluctant because she's probably overwhelmed at the moment. She works at University hospital, Giessen. Her daughter works for DRK in a part-time capacity, but she might also be really busy with COVID-19 testing.

Why such a comparatively low death rate compared to Italy and Spain?

I saw an article that said there was wider spread testing in Germany. Other countries where the testing is more limited are dealing with sicker people.

https://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/...t_deaths_remain_low_1329617?SQ_DESIGN_NAME=2&

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat

All we really have to go by is confirmed cases versus deaths. If we’re looking for glimmers of hope. My glimmer of hope is in that the death rate in the US is decreasing as the confirmed cases increase. We know that will continue as more people are tested. I’m not afraid of confirmed cases increasing greatly, we all know it’s going to happen. But at the moment we have one of the lowest rates of deaths among countries with a significant number of cases. South Korea is a tad lower, and there’s obviously Germany. Regardless I hope when everyone starts to realize people aren’t dropping dead on the streets from this, we can finally start getting things back to normal.

Beshear announced the third death and got all somber and talked about how we should all show compassion and how they’re lighting up the capital in green or some such, because that’s the color of compassion. So where’s that same compassion for all the people who died from the Flu? Or murdered or cancer deaths, or any death in general.

Last edited:
All we really have to go by is confirmed cases versus deaths. If we’re looking for glimmers of hope. My glimmer of hope is in that the death rate in the US is decreasing as the confirmed cases increase. We know that will continue as more people are tested. I’m not afraid of confirmed cases increasing greatly, we all know it’s going to happen. But at the moment we have one of the lowest rates of deaths among countries with a significant number of cases. South Korea is a tad lower, and there’s obviously Germany. Regardless I hope when everyone starts to realize people are dropping dead on the streets from this, we can finally start getting things back to normal.

Beshear announced the third death and got all somber and talked about how we should all show compassion and how they’re lighting up the capital in green or some such, because that’s the color of compassion. So where’s that same compassion for all the people who died from the Flu? Or murdered or cancer deaths, or any death in general.

Did you leave a "not" out of this? The part I put in bold. Just wondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed323232
All we really have to go by is confirmed cases versus deaths. If we’re looking for glimmers of hope. My glimmer of hope is in that the death rate in the US is decreasing as the confirmed cases increase. We know that will continue as more people are tested. I’m not afraid of confirmed cases increasing greatly, we all know it’s going to happen. But at the moment we have one of the lowest rates of deaths among countries with a significant number of cases. South Korea is a tad lower, and there’s obviously Germany. Regardless I hope when everyone starts to realize people are dropping dead on the streets from this, we can finally start getting things back to normal.

Damn you have a cold heart

I saw an article that said there was wider spread testing in Germany. Other countries where the testing is more limited are dealing with sicker people.

https://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/...t_deaths_remain_low_1329617?SQ_DESIGN_NAME=2&
Thanks, that really explains a lot. I know they have locked down over there like we have. Like us, Germans currently experience bare store shelves and also engage in social distancing. Tough for them, as Aldi and other grocery stores typically operate with relatively bare staff compared to Kroger, Publix, HEB, ect. Those operations are truly minimalist.

Maybe. Tulsi was waiting on something before getting out. Maybe the promise to be considered did it. I think you underestimate Klobuchar. She started out unknown and did pretty well. What if Biden did the unthinkable and called Haley?

LOL. Well, yeah, that'd top the unthinkable category... breaking the internet, for certain.

Klobuchar is probably a decent person, and I really don't know enough about her political rise to say much about it. But... Mayor Pete destroyed her, and he was only half-trying. I'm guessing she didn't have to put up with much of a fight in her Minn elections.

Now, Tulsi:
Female. Check.
Military. Check.
Ethnic. Check.
Young and easy on the eyes. Check.
Good speaker, sounds like she knows her stuff, has an edge. Check.

We'll never know all the deals being cut behind the scenes, but I think the only reason Tulsi doesn't get the VP offer is if she thinks the Biden ticket is a loser. If that's the case, she sits this one out, and pads her political record until she can run in 2024.

LOL. Well, yeah, that'd top the unthinkable category... breaking the internet, for certain.

Klobuchar is probably a decent person, and I really don't know enough about her political rise to say much about it. But... Mayor Pete destroyed her, and he was only half-trying. I'm guessing she didn't have to put up with much of a fight in her Minn elections.

Now, Tulsi:
Female. Check.
Military. Check.
Ethnic. Check.
Young and easy on the eyes. Check.
Good speaker, sounds like she knows her stuff, has an edge. Check.

We'll never know all the deals being cut behind the scenes, but I think the only reason Tulsi doesn't get the VP offer is if she thinks the Biden ticket is a loser. If that's the case, she sits this one out, and pads her political record until she can run in 2024.
Good points.

Can you imagine anything that would give governors the balls to call this off? It takes way bigger balls to walk this back than it does to "just be concerned for the safety of our citizens". I've been thinking about it all day, and have nothing. The official shutdowns are going to last way longer than you think.

With the most severe coming from democrat governors. What is Governor Burgum from North Dakota doing about the China virus?

Can you imagine anything that would give governors the balls to call this off? It takes way bigger balls to walk this back than it does to "just be concerned for the safety of our citizens". I've been thinking about it all day, and have nothing. The official shutdowns are going to last way longer than you think.

You can bet your balls they're not gonna call it off we the people are gonna have to call it off. This has nothing to do with a virus it's a plot to drown the economy. It started with canceling sports and that's when I got worried now it's become complete madness

Reactions: ymmot31
They will walk it back slowly. Open things a few at a time.

You can bet your balls they're not gonna call it off we the people are gonna have to call it off. This has nothing to do with a virus it's a plot to drown the economy. It started with canceling sports and that's when I got worried now it's become complete madness
I’ll admit it’s killing me wondering who you posted under before.

House parties and illegal haircuts. Holy hell point me to the gun shop.

Because protest in private grows into protest in public. Especially considering these are all young people who think Andy is wonderful.

Won't be long till people with actual skin in the game start protesting openly. They're losing everything while none of his closures make a difference because of what I stated above

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Facts

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
14.8%

70-79 years old
8.0%

60-69 years old
3.6%

50-59 years old