POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because protest in private grows into protest in public. Especially considering these are all young people who think Andy is wonderful.

Won't be long till people with actual skin in the game start protesting openly. They're losing everything while none of his closures make a difference because of what I stated above
Yeah because none of this will cause his life to be harder. Cleaning up Bevins mess was already a huge task. It just got harder.

Facts

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old 14.8%

70-79 years old 8.0%

60-69 years old 3.6%

50-59 years old 1.3%

40-49 years old 0.4%

30-39 years old 0.2%

20-29 years old 0.2%

10-19 years old 0.2%

0-9 years old no fatalities

"Put your dreams on the backburner" for this?

How many tested in each group?

You realize the point you're trying make is completely opposite of the one you'll actually make?

Yeah because none of this will cause his life to be harder. Cleaning up Bevins mess was already a huge task. It just got harder.

I honestly have no idea what you're arguing here

Monday we worked.
Monday afternoon shut us down.
Tuesday night said we could work again.
Wednesday we worked.
Wednesday night shut us down.
Thursday said we could finish the week.
Friday shut us down.

Feel like a yo yo.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
We're not even gonna have close to the amount of deaths they've had even though we're gonna have more cases. We have about half their cases already and there's 300 dead. They have several thousand I think like 6500 deaths
WTF you talking about? I'm talking USA deaths & not comparing to anywhere else.

Saw they pulled the plug on Austin with the restaurant and bar shut down too
Yeah, I tried visiting Ross' Old Austin Cafe yesterday afternoon. Closed. Other restaurants are open, but drive through or take out only. No more than 10 in a group all over the city. I visited Culver's for take-out.

I visited the grocery store again today. Before allowing us in, staff lined us up and briefed us on social distancing, requested we use hand sanitizer from a dispenser at the entrance and then gave us a disinfected shopping cart once we entered the store. Some items out of stock. Not too bad. We stocked up and should have enough food for about a month or so.

This has all really gone to hell in a hand basket very quickly.

WTF you talking about? I'm talking USA deaths & not comparing to anywhere else.
In your opinion how many cases will the US end up with and how many dead? Just a guess will be fine. Are we more Italy and Spain or South Korea and Germany?

We will know exactly how many will die. But we'll never know how many lived. That's because testing is really irrelevant unless there are severe symptoms.

So all we'll ever know is the absolute worst case scenario mortality rate. Even though that won't be worth this nonsense, the actual rate will be a sliver of that. Because most are so mild they never even report symptoms.
After this winds down, can take random blood samples and measure those with antibodies for the virus, then you'll know the percent that ever had it.

Okay, great game, Cats. Loved watching Belk Bowl again.

The most COVID-19 infected county in Germany, Hainsberg Kreis, borders Belgium. Robert Koch Institute (RKI) data appears less accurate than Berliner Morganpost totals for some reason. I'd think RKI data updates again tomorrow. Using both sources provides a somewhat clearer picture about total infections over there. RKI data also breaks down by age group and sex, as well as location.

Based on my understanding, screenings for infected individuals not requiring hospitalization are conducted by German Red Cross (Deutsche Rotes Kreuz- DRK) as sort of a first step in triage, if they are following disaster response protocol. I have no data yet on number of German cases requiring hospitalization. I can find out from a doctor friend, but am reluctant because she's probably overwhelmed at the moment. She works at University hospital, Giessen. Her daughter works for DRK in a part-time capacity, but she might also be really busy with COVID-19 testing.

Why such a comparatively low death rate compared to Italy and Spain?
GD people, you can't know the death rate when you don't know the number that had/have it. Current positive testing only shows results for those tested, not for all of us. How hard is that to understand?

And they are going to stop testing a lot of individuals.
All of these statistics will be absolutely worthless other than to pound into the public's mind that people are dying and you need to do as we say.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...hospital-patients/ar-BB11vpAa?ocid=spartanntp

"Top priority, they said, should go to those who are hospitalized, along with health-care workers, symptomatic residents of long-term care facilities and people over 65 — especially those with heart and lung disease, which place them at higher risk."

Not that I disagree with prioritizing the testing, but again these statistics will be useless.
BINGO

All we really have to go by is confirmed cases versus deaths.
No. All we have to go by are deaths. If you don't test everyone or at least a random samples, confirmed cases are meaningless to the problem. Tell us how many unconfirmed cases there are & you have something.

In your opinion how many cases will the US end up with and how many dead? Just a guess will be fine. Are we more Italy and Spain or South Korea and Germany?
Speaking deaths, more than any of those countries b/c we're so much larger. On a per capita basis, less than all except possibly Germany. Now Italy could keep going crazy & have more deaths than us. As for number of cases, who knows what future medical treatments will do.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
We are nowhere near Italy. If our death rate holds steady, we will have around 685 deaths when we reach the same number of confirmed cases as Italy. About 7 times fewer than Italy. We are much closer to the South Korea and Italy model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelosigalore
No. All we have to go by are deaths. If you don't test everyone or at least a random samples, confirmed cases are meaningless to the problem. Tell us how many unconfirmed cases there are & you have something.

I think you misinterpreted me. By “all we have to go by” I mean it’s the only public data we have at our disposal to formulate our own opinions from.

GD people, you can't know the death rate when you don't know the number that had/have it. Current positive testing only shows results for those tested, not for all of us. How hard is that to understand?
It’s not hard to understand and it’s obvious. It’s why I’ve almost always clarified any rates I post as being against “confirmed” cases. I’m of the mindset it’s actually more in line with the flu and that will eventually reveal itself as more and more people are tested and once those tests become more readily accessible. But until then, the only thing we have to formulate our talking points and opinions is the data we’re being allowed to see.

I think you misinterpreted me. By “all we have to go by” I mean it’s the only public data we have at our disposal to formulate our own opinions from.
I don't think I did misinterpret because the public data says nothing about how many cases are out there. Only a full count (impractical) or at least representative data (random sample - which is practical but low priority today) is something to go by. Why use totally biased data to draw an opinion? It's not politics. I put no worth on deaths per confirmed cases.

It’s not hard to understand and it’s obvious. It’s why I’ve almost always clarified any rates I post as being against “confirmed” cases. I’m of the mindset it’s actually more in line with the flu and that will eventually reveal itself as more and more people are tested and once those tests become more readily accessible. But until then, the only thing we have to formulate our talking points and opinions is the data we’re being allowed to see.
I formulate my opinion only on deaths as confirmed cases are biased data & thus useless in my view. Might as well be talking politics.

Vh, I'm confised. Are you arguing that the death rate will be much lower if we have more testing done ?

Cause I'm pretty sure every death attributed to it, has been a positive test for it. So if we test 100k, randomly, and 50k, let's say, have had it, or do, then doesn't that show that it is nowhere near as deadly?
What if we test 100k, randomly, and not one person has it? Does that make it more deadly, somehow?

Again, my contention is that everyone who has died that they are counting tested positive.

Now, one could make.an argument that people are dropping dead of it, (rip kenny rogers) and it not being properly attributed to China virus, but that I highly doubt.

I don't think the mortality rate goes up, is what I'm getting at, as is.

Maybe the reason for the government response, (which seems over the top) is that this particular virus is easily mutable, and the more carriers, vectors you have, the greater chance it becomes more deadly, like the 2nd wave of the Spanish flu.

No idea, not a conspiracy theory, just wondering if the cdc may know.more than they are letting on.

Vh, I'm confised. Are you arguing that the death rate will be much lower if we have more testing done ?

Cause I'm pretty sure every death attributed to it, has been a positive test for it. So if we test 100k, randomly, and 50k, let's say, have had it, or do, then doesn't that show that it is nowhere near as deadly?
What if we test 100k, randomly, and not one person has it? Does that make it more deadly, somehow?

Again, my contention is that everyone who has died that they are counting tested positive.

Now, one could make.an argument that people are dropping dead of it, (rip kenny rogers) and it not being properly attributed to China virus, but that I highly doubt.

100%

Apparently the website keeps crashing and people are having trouble applying. The number will be well over 1m in the next few days. Over 100k per day now.

Project that out across the US, we are looking at 10m+ claims in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT