POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't remember who posted the following website (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
but I want to thank them. I have watched it a lot this past week.

I have seen some interesting things in those stats. One of which I pointed out in another post. It was the stats on Germany and how we never hear about them from the media.

One of the stats can not be right. It must not be updated regularly. It is the column that lists those in critical condition. It doesn't make sense to me that the deaths for some countries is greater than the number in serious/critical condition.

Even the US stats are weird. I can not believe the US can't report actual statistics. Maybe it is the site.

I don't know if the CDC lists those in serious/critical condition or not. If anyone knows another site that I might find that info, I would appreciate it. TIA
German stats, in German (auf Deutsch) from the Berliner Morning Post newspaper below. Updated hourly. Very interactive. I'll comment more after Belk Bowl replay concludes.

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/co...sQzbz4d8o8R3gz0C910U8tvfYlBT6P0lVJJvHfk9uS2rc

Why do atheists always and I mean always go out of their way to say JFC, GD, etc? Its weird. Are they so proud of being an atheist that they feel the need to make it known?

You sound like a liberal managing freedom of speech. People can say whatever they want unless it’s fire in a theater. That post is no different than a SJW

These wackos are triggered bigly today. Lololololol
Yep, Yaketyyak especially. He is angered because he is a wanna be man. I pose a threat to his position here. Actually, I think that is why ED2dumb2dumb2dumb has me on ignore. They can't handle my masculinity, it's too toxic you know.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
You sound like a liberal managing freedom of speech. People can say whatever they want unless it’s fire in a theater. That post is no different than a SJW

I'm as conservative as can be, I just think it's strange. I see it all the time. It's like a badge of honor for atheists to say GD or JFC. You live here 24 hours, 7 days a week so I'm not interested in your opinion since you love to hear yourself talk.

Trump may go Haley. I think he like to make history. I actually think Haley would be a great addition. She’s smart and tough.

Biden may go Klobuchar. I predicted this 6 months ago. But it will be a woman. She would help with Wisconsin and maybe Michigan. She is very smart. Very tough. Endorsed him quickly. Harris has baggage. Not a fan of hers.

VP has to be Kamala Harris.

Yeah, it's Haley by a mile for the R side. She has everything going for her.

Klobuchar makes sense for the regional effect that you mentioned, if that ploy works at all. But after she fell apart (IMO) when Mayor Pete attacked her, I don't think she's the one. D's have to sell the she'll-be-Prez-because-Joe-won't-live-that-long angle, and Klobuchar doesn't give that vibe. She's the neighbor you call to get your kid at the bus stop.

Harris is out. The only thing faster than ner rise... was her fall. Plus, it was her attack on Joe that gained her the "Next D Rock Star" designation, and even if Biden could get past that... her record came back to bite her in the ass, anyway.

I'm gonna take the dark horse bet on Tulsi.

last 3 days have been near-equal for USA deaths. Are we bending the curve? Go hug your loved ones - or better - tonight & hope/pray.

We're not even gonna have close to the amount of deaths they've had even though we're gonna have more cases. We have about half their cases already and there's 300 dead. They have several thousand I think like 6500 deaths

Reactions: wildcat1973
German stats, in German (auf Deutsch) from the Berliner Morning Post newspaper below. Updated hourly. Very interactive. I'll comment more after Belk Bowl replay concludes.

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/co...sQzbz4d8o8R3gz0C910U8tvfYlBT6P0lVJJvHfk9uS2rc
Much better map below broken down by Kreis (county) from the Robert Koch Institute, German equivalent of our CDC. Germans are world-renown for their accuracy and precision.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4/page/page_1/

Reactions: ymmot31 and JRCAT14
Did you catch the Q&A yesterday where he read a question asking if the state could just keep their tax refund? Andy almost cried, and was so proud that someone would ask that question. It was absurd.

It's all theater. Look at the difference. Trump has to fend off questions like the press like they're some invading horde. Andy's is all set up.

All you had to do was listen to Jones interview Friday. You could tell they ran through it a few times. There was zero pause between Andy finishing an answer and Jones asking a question. It was all scripted.

A mortality rate of .00375

Which is why we never hear about them. Imagine plugging those number into the imperial college model. We'd all be out having a beer right now.

Which is exactly why they'll never include them

Last edited:
It's all theater. Look at the difference. Trump has to fend off questions like the press like they're some invading horde. Andy's is all set up.

All you had to do was listen to Jones interview Friday. You could tell they ran through it a few times. There was zero pause between Andy finishing an answer and Jones asking a question. It was all scripted.

question. Are there reporters criticizing their leader’s responses to the China virus in other countries?

Yeah, it's Haley by a mile for the R side. She has everything going for her.

Klobuchar makes sense for the regional effect that you mentioned, if that ploy works at all. But after she fell apart (IMO) when Mayor Pete attacked her, I don't think she's the one. D's have to sell the she'll-be-Prez-because-Joe-won't-live-that-long angle, and Klobuchar doesn't give that vibe. She's the neighbor you call to get your kid at the bus stop.

Harris is out. The only thing faster than ner rise... was her fall. Plus, it was her attack on Joe that gained her the "Next D Rock Star" designation, and even if Biden could get past that... her record came back to bite her in the ass, anyway.

I'm gonna take the dark horse bet on Tulsi.
Maybe. Tulsi was waiting on something before getting out. Maybe the promise to be considered did it. I think you underestimate Klobuchar. She started out unknown and did pretty well. What if Biden did the unthinkable and called Haley?

Scripted? Good lord you are high. Bevin lost. Get over it.

Reactions: IkeCat
Newest numbers. Another jump in confirmed cases. Another drop in death rate. It’s down to 1.22%
You can’t be this thick. We won’t know the death rate for a while. People don’t die instantly. More people tested equals more infected. Their fate is tbd.

Newcastle Man...

ETkYIqvUUAAyr4T

You can’t be this thick. We won’t know the death rate for a while. People don’t die instantly. More people tested equals more infected. Their fate is tbd.

yeah which means the death rate is gonna wind up being minuscule. Lots of cases the overwhelming majority of which are not life threatening. Some may not have any symptoms at all

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Possible but you don’t know. I don’t know. Trump doesn’t know.

We will know exactly how many will die. But we'll never know how many lived. That's because testing is really irrelevant unless there are severe symptoms.

So all we'll ever know is the absolute worst case scenario mortality rate. Even though that won't be worth this nonsense, the actual rate will be a sliver of that. Because most are so mild they never even report symptoms.

question. Are there reporters criticizing their leader’s responses to the China virus in other countries?

Andy hasn't even been asked about the Nelson county man whom he forced into quarantine.

Turns out the man didn't even have it. Not only did he not have it, but he didn't even have a fever so he wasn't even tested.

Wonder when they'll ask about that abuse of power?

I can't remember who posted the following website (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
but I want to thank them. I have watched it a lot this past week.

I have seen some interesting things in those stats. One of which I pointed out in another post. It was the stats on Germany and how we never hear about them from the media.

One of the stats can not be right. It must not be updated regularly. It is the column that lists those in critical condition. It doesn't make sense to me that the deaths for some countries is greater than the number in serious/critical condition.

Even the US stats are weird. I can not believe the US can't report actual statistics. Maybe it is the site.

I don't know if the CDC lists those in serious/critical condition or not. If anyone knows another site that I might find that info, I would appreciate it. TIA

Much better map below broken down by Kreis (county) from the Robert Koch Institute, German equivalent of our CDC. Germans are world-renown for their accuracy and precision.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/478220a4c454480e823b17327b2bf1d4/page/page_1/
Okay, great game, Cats. Loved watching Belk Bowl again.

The most COVID-19 infected county in Germany, Hainsberg Kreis, borders Belgium. Robert Koch Institute (RKI) data appears less accurate than Berliner Morganpost totals for some reason. I'd think RKI data updates again tomorrow. Using both sources provides a somewhat clearer picture about total infections over there. RKI data also breaks down by age group and sex, as well as location.

Based on my understanding, screenings for infected individuals not requiring hospitalization are conducted by German Red Cross (Deutsche Rotes Kreuz- DRK) as sort of a first step in triage, if they are following disaster response protocol. I have no data yet on number of German cases requiring hospitalization. I can find out from a doctor friend, but am reluctant because she's probably overwhelmed at the moment. She works at University hospital, Giessen. Her daughter works for DRK in a part-time capacity, but she might also be really busy with COVID-19 testing.

Why such a comparatively low death rate compared to Italy and Spain?

We will know exactly how many will die. But we'll never know how many lived. That's because testing is really irrelevant unless there are severe symptoms.

So all we'll ever know is the absolute worst case scenario mortality rate. Even though that won't be worth this nonsense, the actual rate will be a sliver of that. Because most are so mild they never even report symptoms.
Depends on what value you put on life. And don’t lob the abortion bomb at me because you have no idea on my thoughts about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT