POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cool. call it racist. IDAF. You won't get the Paula Dean apology from me.
I don't want you to apologize nor did I ask or expect you to. I simply wanted to let you know your slip was showing. That you had briefly shown us a little more about yourself than perhaps you had intended.

Like seeing someone with their zipper down. I don't want a apology I just want them to zip it up. To maintain the illusion of a minimum standard of decency.

UFC President Dana White speaking tonight. What an odd assortment of speakers for a political convention? I am trying to discern a pattern. A shape to explain what textually makes no sense but I see none. Almost as if they just had to grab random people with some minimal level of name recognition and say "you're hired" and give them the biggest platform your political party can muster?

Seems irresponsible. Desperate. I think they have a higher standard for hiring at McDonalds. Or Melana's, if you will.

It's an interesting conundrum. There is a concentrated effort to convince me that Donald Trump is a lunatic, capable of anything, a real threat to our way of life. On one hand, I know there is a professionalized cottage industry absolutely dedicated to making that case, I know they are very good at it, I know that every 4 years the Republican nominee is "literally Hitler", I know that they are supremely untrustworthy. I know all that. On the other hand, Trump may be a lunatic, capable of anything, a real threat to our way of life.
And, if so, then he is almost as frightening as his opponent. Almost. However, that's only in the worst case scenario.

I like the fact that people want to act like Michelle wrote her own speech. That any of these people write their own speech.
Numerous videos have been brought up today showing Barack saying word for word speeches that were done some 12 years or more prior to him giving them.

Source says Melania Trump's claims that she graduated from college are false

In all of the chaos that surely happens when organizing an event as big as the Republican National Convention, it appears someone forgot to fact-check the program.

Specifically Melania Trump's biography. It says the wife of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee obtained "a degree in design and architecture at University in Slovenia."

It appears parts of the bio were lifted directly from Melania Trump's own website, including the line about her university degree.

But in an unofficial biography published in February titled "Melania Trump — The Inside Story," it was revealed she dropped out of college after her first year.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/07/...laims-that-she-graduated-from-colle/21434920/

Can we change the rules were we have to do this every 2 years? Best stuff on television right now since basketball, football, and hockey are over.

Willy4uk is so smart. He has got it all figured out.
He is a atheist afterall.
aed.jpg

Reactions: Willy4UK
It's pretty remarkable what's happening tonight considering only about 1% gave Trump a chance to win the RN 2 years ago.

What's going to happen tonight that'll be over dramatized as the worst thing in the history of worst things to happen at a convention?

They were both examples of plagiarism. If you're stuck on comparing the two, then you're the reason the media is running with this nonsense.

Probably the reason is that the issue was raised 8 years ago. News organization run new stories. I guess if there were Olds organizations they'd run old stories.

Probably the reason is that the issue was raised 8 years ago. News organization run new stories. I guess if there were Olds organizations they'd run old stories.

I don't recall hearing about Obama plagiarizing before this? I'm fairly certain it didn't get as much attention as Trumps wife who isn't being elected for anything has.

How galling, how inconceivable it must seem to Roger Ailes to lose control of the empire he built at Fox on the day Donald J. Trump officially wins the nomination as Republican standard bearer for President. Talk about crushing defeats.

youre-fired.jpg

Reactions: MrLair
Awesome, so you're not going to listen to the secret service members that spent 8 years with Hillary, or take her actions of trying to intentionally circumvent the law that her husband had put in place? What do you call someone so hellbent on power that they do that?

However, you'll take the word of someone who spent a year with Trump 30 years ago?
You've not seen me pumping Hillary so what I'm not sure where that gets you. BTW, I know two secret service agents and both have done protection for HRC and they both say that she's quite the bitch.
Hate to break it to you but it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that anyone who runs for POTUS has a hard on for power...Trump included.
As for someone's word who spent a year with Trump 30 years ago...if Trump's behavior had changed any in those past 30 years then those words would have less meaning. But that behavior hasn't changed. And the things that Schwartz has said have been echoed by others who have been around Trump more recently. His behavior on the debate stage, acting like a 12 yr old with his cutesy little nicknames... His inability to ever discuss any policy issue any deeper than at the bullet point level... his "Two Corinthians...

Fact-checking site PolitiFact has named the Donald Trump's "collective misstatements" its "Lie of the Year."
PolitiFact checked 77 Trump statements and found that 76 percent of them were Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire.
In other words, for every four statements Donald Trump makes, only one of them is true, according to the site.
"Clearly a lot of voters still care about the truth," Norman Ornstein, a scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, told PolitiFact. "What we don’t know at this point is what share that is.".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT