ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- Count me as skeptical of Harris winning, although I think she does give the Dems a better chance than Biden (this time) did. Ultimately the race comes down to two things and two things only…the black turnout and suburban woman vote in Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta (and similar cities in those 4 states). Biden was great with both of those in 2020. He wouldn’t have been this time. I think the next 3 months are about seeing if Harris can be better than my gut reaction is at both. I had it 75/25 Trump a couple weeks ago…I now say 60/40

- Don’t know why Trump picked Vance. A woman from a swing state or who appealed to people in a swing state might have won him the race

- If Andy is VP pick (which I have no idea if he will be), it will likely be the most Kentucky has been talked about as a state in politics in my lifetime (outside of people wondering why Mitch is voted in here so often). Andy and Vance will both talk about Kentucky a lot and (hopefully) if either ticket wins it could actually lead to some federal focus on the mountains beyond just benefit programs

- it is hilarious to me to see GOP people who for years have claimed Biden is too incompetent to be President now be mad that he isn’t running…this is literally what you guys wanted. As for the “votes of the people”, Dems didn’t really have a primary this year and after the debate 75 plus percent of Dems wanted Biden replaced. I do wish they would have an open convention so that we see if Harris is the strongest candidate but the bad actors on the right whining about the primary selection process of a party that they would NEVER vote for no matter who the candidate is, I find absurd

- in other news, I am in Andorra which is absolutely gorgeous and one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. It’s in the Pyrenees and while there isn’t a ton to do at night (hence why I am posting this), the outdoors are amazing during the day. Those of you who like that stuff would love it

- I am really behind on UK news since I was gone. Since I steal most of my material from GYERO, post Jaxson Robinson commitment (which was my first day in Europe), what would you say are the most important UK stories? I admit I haven’t followed the minutia but it seems like a quiet summer to me.

- Europeans really love McDonalds. It’s crazy how busy they all are and how they are all in prime real estate locations

- I never watched “For All Mankind” until this trip but I use it as my fall asleep show all summer. It’s really good, if you have never seen it

- Thinking about going to one Olympic event before I come home. Mens basketball and swimming are absurdly priced but most everything else is actually available (Track won’t have started yet). If you could go to one, what would you pick

My favorite part of Biden withdrawing is he did it right after the entire RNC was trashtalk about Biden being old and senile. Now...oops, he ain't the oldest left.

I probably should add that as a millennial, I have spent my entire conscious existence amidst nonstop "unprecedented" times, and I've resigned myself to eating popcorn and watching the world burn.
pipokinha-n%C3%A9.gif

hee hee!

Matt Jones - Count me as skeptical of Harris winning, although I think she does give the Dems a better chance than Biden (this time) did. Ultimately the race comes down to two things and two things only…the black turnout and suburban woman vote in Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, Atlanta (and similar cities in those 4 states). Biden was great with both of those in 2020. He wouldn’t have been this time. I think the next 3 months are about seeing if Harris can be better than my gut reaction is at both. I had it 75/25 Trump a couple weeks ago…I now say 60/40

This will always remain a mystery to me. Black Americans, habitually voting against their own best interests.
You'd think urban areas would be Shangri-La as long as minorities have been overwhelmingly voting democrat.

They are hiding Biden to let him simmer down IMO.

Swimming is probably my favorite Olympic sport to watch tbh. As far as spectators go though might not be that fun in real life. Feel like that crazy ass fast bicycle indoor racing around the track would be fun as hell to watch live. Don’t really remember what that’s called.

I absolutely just do not give a shit who is president. I’ve been a working adult under Obama, Trump, and Biden and couldn’t tell you a damn difference I noticed. I loathe politics and these next 4 months are my personal hell

Well, looks like all hell has broken lose today. Multiple political postings in GYERO and nobody has got called out for “THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD!!!” Even Matt Jones got to post political in GYERO.

Have they literally locked Biden in a room and taken over his twitter account?

I think Ryan Lemond would be better at president than Kamala.

I am actually starting to get legit concerned something wacky is going on. Biden either needs to speak on camera or they need to move to Harris ASAP.

Meh, he's probably just switched off, and gone full on sweatpants, daytime TV, and junk food.

Swimming is probably my favorite Olympic sport to watch tbh. As far as spectators go though might not be that fun in real life.
I am a very involved dad when it comes to my kid's sports. I have coached their teams, taken them out to practice with them on weekends, and do everything I can not to miss a game.... with one BIG exception: swimming. I told my daughter who is on the swim team (she does like 5 other sports too) that she could be competing in the Olympics and I wouldn't attend. It's freaking awful as a parent.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
it is hilarious to me to see GOP people who for years have claimed Biden is too incompetent to be President now be mad that he isn’t running…this is literally what you guys wanted. As for the “votes of the people”, Dems didn’t really have a primary this year and after the debate 75 plus percent of Dems wanted Biden replaced. I do wish they would have an open convention so that we see if Harris is the strongest candidate but the bad actors on the right whining about the primary selection process of a party that they would NEVER vote for no matter who the candidate is, I find absurd
Why? Its like when a key UL/Duke/UNC player gets injured and we pretend to be upset about him being out. If he stayed in, guaranteed victory for Trumpers.

Matt if you can believe the internet (which I always do) the current team boat raced the La Familia in a scrimmage.

Andorra sucks.

I wonder if this Unitary Parliamentary Diarchic Constitution Co-Principality could have such an intriguing set of potential politcal leaders as offered by the US!!!

USA USA🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

You all ever watch the Olympic opening ceremonies and Mongolia shows up and you’re all like man these guys went from ruling most of the known world to having like 6 guys in the Olympics? No? That’s just me?

Ever been to Mongolia? It's a vast wasteland. But props to them taking China.

Joes doctor just confirmed Joe is basically back to normal. Amazing timing. And he is back to normal till he has a mess up again, then I guess it’s long term covid and have some sympathy. And oh yeah still can’t see him.
Like anth said earlier, the party whose repeated line was “threat to democracy” has repeatedly lied to the American people, forced their nominee out (but will allow dementia Joe to be president 6 more months), and Kamala is complicit in all of it. And that’s who they will put as a nominee over Biden.

Side note..how about bi-partisan outrage at head of secret service disaster in her hearing today. Both sides were outraged at her repeated non answers and claims. It was a mess. They all agree. She still has not visited site of shooting 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT