POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to Mr. Sondland, he “directed those of us present at the meeting to talk to Mr. Giuliani, his personal attorney, about his concerns." Added the ambassador: “It was apparent to all of us that the key to changing the president’s mind on Ukraine was Mr. Giuliani.

On July 19, Mr. Volker had breakfast with Mr. Giuliani. “He mentioned both the accusations about Vice President Biden and about interference in the 2016 election,” Mr. Volker told Congress, adding that Mr. Giuliani “stressed that all he wanted to see was for Ukraine to investigate what happened in the past.”

Mr. Volker then worked with a top aide to Mr. Zelensky, Andrey Yermak, to set up the July 25 phone call. The morning it took place, Mr. Volker texted Mr. Yermak to clearly lay out the quid pro quo: “Heard from White House-assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate/‘get to the bottom of what happened’ in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington. Good luck!” During the call, Mr. Trump requested investigations both of the DNC hack and of Mr. Biden; Mr. Zelensky promised to comply; and Mr. Trump seemed to offer a visit to Washington.

Link

This is as hopeless as the Russia hoax. It would never hold up in a court. How many times are you going to be duped?

Off the top of my head...

- Refusing to comply with a court order for his tax returns
- Demanding that the impeachment inquiry be dropped
- Ordering White House staff members to ignore subpoenas from Congress regarding his impeachment
- Constantly attacking people's character rather than the veracity of their claims
- Barr redacting significant portions of the Mueller report and fighting in court to not have those redactions released to Congress and/or the public
- Firing people that were actively investigating him
Personal records: You would hide yours too
A drummed up Impeachment cry which started 19 minutes into his Presidency with false and fake made up lies.
Ignoring subpoena's at the advice of lawyers who knew testimony would be misquoted and misrepresented. Fact
Self defense after people attack his character (Ignorant of you on this one or disingenuous stance)
False on Barr
Firing people who stabbed him in the back for traitorous behavior probably for money.
You pretty much run the liberal media playbook here.

And what were the diplomats trying to change the "president’s mind on Ukraine" about? Releasing aid that was oddly months overdue.

So Trump tells them to refer to his personal lawyer on this. When they speak to his personal lawyer, he then starts talking about the need to investigate Biden. But this totally has nothing to do with Biden, right?
False misrepresented statement above.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Because the investigation is nothing but a sham to get his taxes.

Riiiight. Because innocent people totally don't argue the merit of their case and simply claim "executive immunity." Because hush money is something the government has absolutely no right to investigate...

Again, you have no substance. Every time I ask anyone to refute anything I say, they never give me a straight answer. If the answers are so straight forward, you tell me.

My claims come from Trump's actions and statements.

Has he not asked for the impeachment trial to end? Has he not been ordering staff members not to comply with Congress? Has he not refused to turn over his tax returns to prosecutors? Did he not fire Comey? Does he not constantly attempt to discredit people (never Trumper)? Did the DOJ not fight the courts to prevent the redactions from being made available to Congress?

These are things that happened or are currently happening, they're not debunked. You're the one assigning partisan meaning to it. I could give a shit less about Democrats or Republicans. I'm just saying, objectively, his behavior looks shady AF.
There is nothing to refute. Everything you posted has been falsely reported and dismissed for the most part. You believe what the left has told you happened and not what actually happened. You are dismissed.

Well if he hasn't done anything to be prosecuted for, why not just be transparent and compliant? You know, like a publicly elected official should be.
He tried that with the transcript but the left did not want that. They chose a "Parody" AKA lies and misinformation and have done their job well with people like you so, Trump does not want to give them more truths to exploit for the ignorant such as your self.

See this is where you lose me. You say this is all a political hit job (basically taking the cynical approach to this), but then taking the totally uncynical, rose tinted glasses to the nth degree, view that Trump did not intend to hurt Biden politically with all of this.

It's inconsistent logic.
So is the "he is hiding something" stance without any real proof, just hear say by people already having been proved to be lying.

@pyrrhicgorilla

You can cherry pick all the media cherry picked disinformation you want. When it comes down to it, they all admitted that they don't have any first hand knowledge, that they're assuming and offering their opinion. That's not proof anything.

A third hand account can't corroborated a second hand account. You can't corroborate a rumor with a rumor. That's not evidence. They've offered up zero evidence to prove their second/third/fourth hand accusations. Some of their testimony runs counter their accusations.

I've already linked Sondland admitting it for you. Here are Volker and Taylor.

Volker: "You asked what conversations did I have about that quid pro quo, et cetera. None, because I didn't know that there was a quid pro quo." ... "I believe he [Taylor] was asking this based on the Politico article. And I discussed with him that there is no linkage here."
--------------------------------------------
Ex-envoy denied Trump linked Ukraine meeting to push for investigations, transcripts show

Former U.S. envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker, according to transcripts released Tuesday, pushed back on the claim that President Trump sought to withhold a meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky until Kiev committed to investigate allegations concerning the 2016 election -- while also denying that Trump was seeking “dirt” on former Vice President Joe Biden.

In a transcript of his closed-door deposition last month with lawmakers conducting the impeachment probe, Volker was asked if Trump withheld or delayed a meeting with Zelensky absent a pledge to probe concerns Ukraine had interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

“The answer to the question is no, if you want a yes-or-no answer. But the reason the answer is no is we did have difficulty scheduling a meeting, but there was no linkage like that,” he said.
----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

ZELDIN: “So do you have any other source that the president’s goal in making this request was anything other than The New York Times?”

TAYLOR: “I have not talked to the president. I have no other information from what the president was thinking."
-----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Zeldin to Taylor:

"You're telling us that Tim Morrison told you that Ambassador Sondland told him that the President told Ambassador Sondland that Zelensky would have to open an investigation into Biden?"

Taylor: That's correct.
-------------------------------------

Personal records: You would hide yours too

Not if I was running for President of the United States. I also wouldn't spend untold amounts of resources to avoid having my tax returns turned over to a federal prosecutor. But then again, I have nothing to hide.

A drummed up Impeachment cry which started 19 minutes into his Presidency with false and fake made up lies.

So why not allow them all to testify to prove that it is all fake? If I was innocent, I'd want as many of my people backing me up as possible under oath.

Ignoring subpoena's at the advice of lawyers who knew testimony would be misquoted and misrepresented. Fact

Well the hearings are about to be public and I don't hear his tune changing at all on this. Hard to misquote and misrepresent someone's statement when they say it on live TV.

Self defense after people attack his character (Ignorant of you on this one or disingenuous stance)

Dismissing everyone who disagrees with him as "Never Trumpers." As if the world is that simple.

False on Barr

The Justice Department is appealing a federal judge's order directing the release of secret grand jury evidence gathered by special counsel Robert Mueller during a nearly two-year investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

Justice Department lawyers called for U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell's decision to be set aside, arguing the department would be "irreparably harmed" if the material is turned over to the House Judiciary Committee.

"Once the information is disclosed, it cannot be recalled and the confidentiality of the grand jury information will be lost for all time – particularly if the (House panel) decides to publicize the now-secret ... materials," the government argued in court papers filed Monday.

Source

Firing people who stabbed him in the back for traitorous behavior probably for money.

Why does he have so many people stabbing him the back? Either he's the most unlucky guy in the world, or maybe, just maybe, he really is just shady AF.

You pretty much run the liberal media playbook here.

See bold.

You can cherry pick all the media cherry picked disinformation you want. When it comes down to it, they all admitted that they don't have any first hand knowledge, that they're assuming, offering their opinion That's not proof of anything. A third hand account can't corroborated a second hand account. You can't corroborate a rumor with a rumor. That's not evidence. They've offered up zero evidence to prove their second/third/fourth hand accusations. Some of their testimony runs counter their accusations. I've already linked Sondland admitting it for you. Here are Volker and Taylor.

Volker: "You asked what conversations did I have about that quid pro quo, et cetera. None, because I didn't know that there was a quid pro quo." ... "I believe he [Taylor] was asking this based on the Politico article. And I discussed with him that there is no linkage here."
Ex-envoy denied Trump linked Ukraine meeting to push for investigations, transcripts show

Former U.S. envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker, according to transcripts released Tuesday, pushed back on the claim that President Trump sought to withhold a meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky until Kiev committed to investigate allegations concerning the 2016 election -- while also denying that Trump was seeking “dirt” on former Vice President Joe Biden.

In a transcript of his closed-door deposition last month with lawmakers conducting the impeachment probe, Volker was asked if Trump withheld or delayed a meeting with Zelensky absent a pledge to probe concerns Ukraine had interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

“The answer to the question is no, if you want a yes-or-no answer. But the reason the answer is no is we did have difficulty scheduling a meeting, but there was no linkage like that,” he said.
----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------

ZELDIN: “So do you have any other source that the president’s goal in making this request was anything other than The New York Times?”

TAYLOR: “I have not talked to the president. I have no other information from what the president was thinking."
-----------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Zeldin to Taylor:

"You're telling us that Tim Morrison told you that Ambassador Sondland told him that the President told Ambassador Sondland that Zelensky would have to open an investigation into Biden?"

Taylor: That's correct.
-------------------------------------

It's almost like the guy isn't reading the real evidence. Ya know, have to give the guy credit. He is good at sticking to the bullshit dnc talking points to try to counter the evidence.

Not sure why he is wasting his time here. He should go to Reddit and spread crap with other Trump haters

I have noticed anytime any Eptsein didn't kill himself memes are posted, no resident liberals ever "like" any of the post? almost as if liberals support pedophilia?

if you can't kill the baby, then molest the kid a few years later is the liberal way.
Liberals support all forms of degeneracy. Some are still too ashamed to admit it, but they won't say anything against it. Whether actively or passively, they all want it normalized.

Riiiight. Because innocent people totally don't argue the merit of their case and simply claim "executive immunity." Because hush money is something the government has absolutely no right to investigate...

Don’t be naive, NY is corrupt. They want his taxes, and this is how they’re trying to get them.

They will do whatever they have to do to get them, and put anyone in jail necessary.

Lol wtf? I've been a member of UK message boards for literally over a decade. I even paid for freaking Marc Maggard's "life subscription." I just lurk mostly.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy. I'm just a normal dude who is tired of alligator tears and the "my team" jerk circling. Just wanted to speak my peace.

Relax, I'll probably get bored and go back to lurking.
False.

Don’t be naive, NY is corrupt. They want his taxes, and this is how they’re trying to get them.

They will do whatever they have to do to get them, and put anyone in jail necessary.

It's not NY. It's SDNY. More NY counties voted Trump except NYC.

Any clue who the person that is pushing that shit? Oh yeah. MAURENE COMEY NIECE TO TRAITOR JAMES COMEY.

1. That wasn't a transcript. It was a summarization and if you read the footnotes you would have seen it right there.
2. The summarization mentions "doing a favor" and mentions the Bidens by name.
3. Back channel conversations revealed by Sonders and sworn under oath to be true that it was clear that Ukraine had to announce the investigation to get the aid.

Now when will anyone defending Trump go under oath to do so? Damn! that threat of perjury sure is making cowards of those Trump defenders.
False, and misleading as usual.

Well there doesn't have to be "quid pro quo" for his actions to be illegal, but like I said, we'll have to disagree on his intention. And FYI, Sondland testified under oath that he told Ukraine that aid was being withheld contingent on the "investigations." So yes, Ukraine did know.

But again, it doesn't really matter. Meh, I care less about this than you think (hence my lack of ever posting on here before today). I'm more fascinated by it more than anything. It sure is quite the time to be alive.

I just hope that whatever comes after all of this will bring us closer together. Doubt it but you don't even have a chance to begin with if you don't have positive intentions.
False.

San Francisco is a pretty cool. You should go sometime. Good on them for budgeting $$$$ to address a major issue in their city. Those dollars help get them off the street, right? I think I remember Trump complaining about all the homeless people there. Like...last week or something.

Are there any homeless people in your town?

Yeah- been there many times. It WAS a cool town- until the city decided to incentivize homelessness.
Good on them? Those dollars help get them off the street? Hardly.
You probably ought to read up on the subject- or to see it yourself.

He didn't just ask Ukraine. He specifically tied aid to that investigation.

I honestly don’t understand why these lefties post here. This has been thoroughly debunked a thousand time, and a thousand time more by Dwayne since gorilla made that post.

Every conservative in this thread is educated on the situation. I thank Dwayne for that.

if you lefties hate Donald trump, just say that. I hate earthy Pinot noirs. I think soup is a stupid food. Etc.

Orange man is bad. We get it. It’s your preference.

But continuously making up lies and remaining willfully ignorant is literally mentally retarded. I know people can’t say retarded these days, but you guys literally are slow in the mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT