POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See this is where you lose me. You say this is all a political hit job (basically taking the cynical approach to this), but then taking the totally uncynical, rose tinted glasses to the nth degree, view that Trump did not intend to hurt Biden politically with all of this.

It's inconsistent logic.

It is a political hit job, there is no quid pro quo. They have been stating their desire to impeach from day one, anything less loses their base.

Ukraine was paying Bidens son to influence his father at best, the worst case is Joe was using his son to launder the money for himself. Either scenario is corrupt, and should be looked into. The DOJ can’t just march into Ukraine and investigate, so how do you propose we deal with it?

Now how would one show Biden is a crook?

Well I can tell you a way that's highly unethical and could get you impeached...

Or you could, you know, just go through the legal channels that are already available. The freaking DOJ head is literally your lackey as President. If they had evidence, they should have started their investigation there.

Well, last night he was UKvisitor

Lol wtf? I've been a member of UK message boards for literally over a decade. I even paid for freaking Marc Maggard's "life subscription." I just lurk mostly.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy. I'm just a normal dude who is tired of alligator tears and the "my team" jerk circling. Just wanted to speak my peace.

Relax, I'll probably get bored and go back to lurking.

Again, you have no substance. Every time I ask anyone to refute anything I say, they never give me a straight answer. If the answers are so straight forward, you tell me.

My claims come from Trump's actions and statements.

Has he not asked for the impeachment trial to end? Has he not been ordering staff members not to comply with Congress? Has he not refused to turn over his tax returns to prosecutors? Did he not fire Comey? Does he not constantly attempt to discredit people (never Trumper)? Did the DOJ not fight the courts to prevent the redactions from being made available to Congress?

These are things that happened or are currently happening, they're not debunked. You're the one assigning partisan meaning to it. I could give a shit less about Democrats or Republicans. I'm just saying, objectively, his behavior looks shady AF.

I don't think you're genuine in your claims, but you aren't gonna find much non partisan political conversation here. There are a few people who I don't mind engaging, but for the most part this place is for highly partisan supporters to repost memes, twitter links, and agree with each other. Gassy is hilarious if you give him a chance. Once a month I get drunk and just sit back and enjoy his work.

Well I can tell you a way that's highly unethical and could get you impeached...

Or you could, you know, just go through the legal channels that are already available. The freaking DOJ head is literally your lackey as President. If they had evidence, they should have started their investigation there.

He asked the Ukraine to work with Barr. Which is exactly what you said he should do.

What specifically are you saying is unethical? Please cite your claims.

Obviously “could get you impeached” really means nothing as shown by this sham of an impeachment proceeding, and as we’ve heard from the left endlessly, “this is politics not a criminal trial, so Trump has no right to face his bullshit accusers”.

I don't think you're genuine in your claims, but you aren't gonna find much non partisan political conversation here. There are a few people who I don't mind engaging, but for the most part this place is for highly partisan supporters to repost memes, twitter links, and agree with each other. Gassy is hilarious if you give him a chance. Once a month I get drunk and just sit back and enjoy his work.

Why don't you think I'm genuine? Are we really that lost that nobody can think for themselves?

I know, it's a lost cause. I just wish people could see past this partisanship and see that what benefits politicians doesn't always benefit us. Just because Trump claims immunity from all crimes, doesn't mean it's healthy that any one citizen has that kind of power.

And it doesn't just go for Trump either. We had a President in the 90s who is practically choking in the amount of smoke he's generated.

Why don't you think I'm genuine? Are we really that lost that nobody can think for themselves?

I know, it's a lost cause. I just wish people could see past this partisanship and see that what benefits politicians doesn't always benefit us. Just because Trump claims immunity from all crimes, doesn't mean it's healthy that any one citizen has that kind of power.

And it doesn't just go for Trump either. We had a President in the 90s who is practically choking in the amount of smoke he's generated.

I tend to think having three separate coequal branches of government benefits the country. That being the case, I’d prefer the executive branch refuse to participate in their bullshit partisan legislative branch charade until the judicial branch weighs in.

what the Democrats are doing in Congress is far more damaging to our country than Trump refusin to participate in the charade.

He asked the Ukraine to work with Barr. Which is exactly what you said he should do.

What specifically are you saying is unethical? Please cite your claims.

He didn't just ask Ukraine. He specifically tied aid to that investigation. Whether or not he is guilty, Biden is a political opponent of Trump's. Saying otherwise is disingenuous.

But even if he did just "ask Ukraine", according to the law, a politician cannot solicit anything of value from a foreign national in connection to an election. Regardless of intent, you cannot tell me that Ukraine publicly investigating Biden would not be "of value" to Trump's election's efforts.

"Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—
foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national."

He didn't just ask Ukraine. He specifically tied aid to that investigation. Whether or not he is guilty, Biden is a political opponent of Trump's. Saying otherwise is disingenuous.

But even if he did just "ask Ukraine", according to the law, a politician cannot solicit anything of value from a foreign national in connection to an election. Regardless of intent, you cannot tell me that Ukraine publicly investigating Biden would not be "of value" to Trump's election's efforts.

a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;

a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national."

Hey bud, the transcript of the ukraine call is out if you want to read it, fyi. :victory:

Is a favor something of value?

Is Zelensky a foreign national?

Would Ukraine publicly investigating Burisma benefit Trump's reelection bid?

Where's the source for that? Because the Ukraine president says otherwise

You basing that bullshit on 3rd party hearsay that was sourced back to a NYT article.

There was no quid pro quo. This has been beaten to the ground on here.

Quid Pro Quo: "a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something."

Trump: 'I would like you to do us a favor'

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Lol wtf? I've been a member of UK message boards for literally over a decade. I even paid for freaking Marc Maggard's "life subscription." I just lurk mostly.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy. I'm just a normal dude who is tired of alligator tears and the "my team" jerk circling. Just wanted to speak my peace.

Relax, I'll probably get bored and go back to lurking.

Sure

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
EIy8RkbW4AICW4T.jpg:large

Exactly. Where in that transcript was Trump asking for the return?

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Eiden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me."

So an investigation into Biden's son in a primary/election year does not benefit Trump politically at all?

Jesus Christ you are literally insane lol.
Dude, the guy that wrote that tweet is a Harvard grad, Yale Law grad and was Trump's pick for United States Solicitor General but turned it down.

But you think you know the law better...I think we know who the insane one is here and it isn't me.

I try not to engage idiots too often, but you are lying through your ****ing teeth if you say Trump tied aid to investigating Biden. The MSM or Schiff (don’t remember whom) had to delete hundreds of words in the call transcript to make that connection.

Another lunacy that came out of the show. Callers who claimed to be Republicans, NRA members and conservative say they are now on the Matt Jones bandwagon and will support his run for office. What a farce.

Exactly. I made it up until that first caller who started his call with, "I'm a life-long republican and I... "

No, you're not. True conservatives don't bail on their convictions and morals just because of Cayts radio. You're just another liberal whose delusions and mental disorder fool your feeble mind into justifying lying on the radio when that lie provides a means to your desired ends. F off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT