POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I listen to the show today and you know IHeart Radio is not happy. It was two hours of sympathy and whining for Matt. They are even making up Free Matt T-shirts endorsed by KSR. If this is their future they will have to live with it. This will not end well for Jones and his political mama needs to get involved before he embarrases the family name. Even more than he already has. .

Another lunacy that came out of the show. Callers who claimed to be Republicans, NRA members and conservative say they are now on the Matt Jones bandwagon and will support his run for office. What a farce. Any conservative that votes for a progressive like Jones who will be controlled by Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrat ;machine because a sports talk show host got put down is brainless. Actually they are a farce. You don't throw away your political ideals because someone gets suspended by IHeart Radio Sports Show. Unless you are very shallow

I heard some on my way to lunch. They were plant callers as usual. Just like some of the kids on the post game shows that are literally reading their question off a card while Jones pretends it's an organic interaction

Honestly don't even know what you are talking about. I just know I enjoy the show and now its difficult to enjoy because Mitch Mctreason took Matt off the air.
Typical democrat, no respect for the rule of law except when it favors your agenda. And when it doesn't, you whine, lose your shit, and play the sad little victim.

You ignorant douchebags need to find a country that sets and enforces laws only for the agenda of your party. This is the USA, not Commie China.

tenor.gif

And when it doesn't, you whine, lose your shit, and play the sad little victim.

You ignorant douchebags need to find a country that sets and enforces laws only for the agenda of your party. This is the USA, not Commie China.

Highly ironic coming from a person who supports a President who has argued in court, unsuccessfully, that he is immune to literally any form of prosecution.

Reactions: Levibooty
Did you just make that up. There is presidential immunity. But I'm not aware of trump ever raising it.

Clinton raised it though in a civil matter, iirc

Judge Marrero's decision was not unexpected to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the law. In essence, Judge Marrero summarized Trump's argument as demanding "blanket presidential and derivative immunity (in) all stages of federal and state criminal law enforcement proceedings and judicial process: investigations, grand jury proceedings, indictments, arrest, prosecution, trial, conviction, and punishment."

Link

Judge Marrero's decision was not unexpected to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the law. In essence, Judge Marrero summarized Trump's argument as demanding "blanket presidential and derivative immunity (in) all stages of federal and state criminal law enforcement proceedings and judicial process: investigations, grand jury proceedings, indictments, arrest, prosecution, trial, conviction, and punishment."

Link

I wasn't aware it was ever raised. Thanks. Sounds like it was obviously a hypothetical situation.

But presidential immunity is real

It's not as strong as Trump would like it to be I'm sure. His chances are pretty slim of winning that case.
Are you a Constitutional lawyer? I didn't think so.

We have a judicial system that decides these cases and it is sadly full of liberal activist judges. That is a fact and if you haven't seen the cases they have ultimately lost based on actual Constitutional law, you've not been paying attention.

Except the immunity he's arguing isn't hypothetical. His legal team is about to argue to the Supreme Court that his Presidential immunity allows him to ignore a court's demands that he turn over his tax returns for an investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/us/politics/trump-tax-returns-supreme-court.html

Honestly, dude, you need to get in touch with Trump’s legal team and let them know they’re wrong. Could do a big service for your country. Obviously the issue is pretty cut and dry like you’re saying, and the Supreme Court just has nothing better to do. The Supreme Court has a history of granting cert to cases CatPaw message board lefties already know the answer to.

Are you a Constitutional lawyer? I didn't think so.

We have a judicial system that decides these cases and it is sadly full of liberal activist judges. That is a fact and if you haven't seen the cases they have ultimately lost based on actual Constitutional law, you've not been paying attention.

So now not giving the President BLANKET immunity from any prosecution is a thing only a "liberal activist judge" would do?

How about when Bill Clinton had to give depositions in two criminal trials while in office? Were liberal activist judges compelling him to do it then?

Reactions: Levibooty
.... I mean no sooner had parts of the Voting Rights act been struck down that places like North Carolina decided to go back in time and pass racist voting restrictions. Sorry don't feel bad for racists and bigots not being treated like the wonderful people they are when trying to spew their hate on campuses...

73323870_2550722735145626_3644642331795128320_n.jpg

Except the immunity he's arguing isn't hypothetical. His legal team is about to argue to the Supreme Court that his Presidential immunity allows him to ignore a court's demands that he turn over his tax returns for an investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/us/politics/trump-tax-returns-supreme-court.html

That's a strawman. The portion you quoted earlier about shooting someone in the street was a hypothetical just like I said.

They were right to raise the defense. It's a valid immunity and used at least one other time I know (bill Clinton). I think an objective court probably denies the request for the tax returns well before it gets to immunity.

="pyrrhicgorilla, post: 8347123, member: 83142"]It's not as strong as Trump would like it to be I'm sure. His chances are pretty slim of winning that case.

I agree he will lose in all lower courts. There's a reason all these cases are filed where they are. I Disagree he will ultimately lose. But we will see.

And you're welcome. Thank you actually hearing me out. Everyone, no matter where they are at on the political spectrum, like to cover their eyes and ears a bit too much these days.

I don't know everything and can't keep up with it all. So if there is information I'm unaware of, I'm always open to it.

Reactions: augustaky1
Honestly, dude, you need to get in touch with Trump’s legal team and let them know they’re wrong. Could do a big service for your country. Obviously the issue is pretty cut and dry like you’re saying, and the Supreme Court just has nothing better to do. The Supreme Court has a history of granting cert to cases CatPaw message board lefties already know the answer to.

I don't need to be a Constitutional lawyer to believe that the freaking President, or any other elected leader, should not be immune to prosecution while they're in office. That's stupid.

And sure, let's investigate all of them; Biden's included. I'm tired of people hypocritically defending shitty people because those shitty people happen to be on your "team."

In fact, here's a radical thought, elected leaders should be held MORE accountable than the average person.

I don't need to be a Constitutional lawyer to believe that the freaking President, or any other elected leader, should not be immune to prosecution while they're in office. That's stupid.

And sure, let's investigate all of them; Biden's included. I'm tired of people hypocritically defending shitty people because those shitty people happen to be on your "team."

In fact, here's a radical thought, elected leaders should be held MORE accountable than the average person.

Generally, I agree with your comments.

But you’re acting like the President is an idiot for having some of the top attorneys in the country making an argument that has made its way to the highest Court in the land.

I don’t agree with everything the Supreme Court does, but I tend to think if an argument is presented to them, it holds some water.

You might think that but it's still the law. There were very valid reasons those immunities were implemented. Whether you think they should apply in a given situation is another thing.

I do agree with the rest of what you posted. But they are accountable. They have to be elected. The Democratic process and the voter was always intended to be the accountability.

Generally, I agree with your comments.

But you’re acting like the President is an idiot for having some of the top attorneys in the country making an argument that has made its way to the highest Court in the land.

I don’t agree with everything the Supreme Court does, but I tend to think if an argument is presented to them, it holds some water.

I never said or thought that he was an idiot for making that argument. Trump and his lawyers are not stupid people. However, unlike a lot of people on here, I think there can exist things that are both good for America and bad for Trump personally.

Trump's behavior is consistent with someone who is hiding quite a bit. It's almost as if he wasn't expecting that by becoming President, he'd suddenly become the most scrutinized person in the world.

I never said or thought that he was an idiot for making that argument. Trump and his lawyers are not stupid people. However, unlike a lot of people on here, I think there can exist things that are both good for America and bad for Trump personally.

Trump's behavior is consistent with someone who is hiding quite a bit. It's almost as if he wasn't expecting that by becoming President, he'd suddenly become the most scrutinized person in the world.

What behavior has he shown that makes you think he's hiding something?

Reactions: blubo
So Giuliani's actions are an impeachable offense by Trump? LOL.
Who hired Giuliani? Under whose direction is he working?

Kind of like if you hire a hitman to kill someone... the one who does the hiring is just as guilty as the one who pulls the trigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT