POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So suspended without pay...gotcha. I don't know of any jobs that, out of the goodness of their heart, say to take a few days which has now turned to months off. :joy:
I am talking about the radio show. Struggling to read I see. I didn't know iHeart (which I spoke about directly) was involved in Hey Kentucky.

I am talking about the radio show. Struggling to read I see. I didn't know iHeart (which I spoke about directly) was involved in Hey Kentucky.

I can talk about more than one thing at a time but I guess you can't. By the way the original comment you made to the other poster he had said both TV and radio. Please follow along and get your face out of Matt's @55.

These national pundits totally embarrassed themselves over the Bevin loss. They think it's some giant thing ky elected a Dem governor lol.

Ass hat bevin who couldn't stop offending people was the narrowest of margins away from being the first ever two term gop governor. And down ballot the Dems got slaughtered.

So yes...it was a big statement alright. Just not the one they think

He is wrong. There just isn't a recount as a matter of course.

There is a recanvas as a matter of course. Then there must be a showing of need for a recount (ie fraud). Then if circumstances permit, they have a trial in the Senate to determine who won.
KY law allows for NO instance of a candidate requesting a recount in a gubernatorial race. a re-canvas is not a recount. they just re-read the vote tallies on the machines. A re-canvas has never changed an election. The only next step for Bevin is to ask the state assembly to convene a committee to declare the election void. They would randomly choose 11 members of the assembly to hear evidence and present a recommendation to the assembly. They could choose to recount the votes as part of their evidence but don't have to. If they chose to invalidate the election the assembly would gain the power to appoint anyone they choose to the governorship which wouldn't be Bevin because even the GoP hate him. The only time KY has ever taken this step the governor was promptly assassinated, the first and only in US history. And the GoP wants to keep their majorities so this will never happen anyway. Bevin is done, he's just to big of a little bitch to admit it.

"Normally, if you’re talking about any other statewide race beyond governor and lieutenant governor, you would involve a recount, which involves the court," Grimes said. "But here, the law specifically excludes governor and lieutenant governor for recount procedures."

Last edited:
Reactions: CatOfDaVille
I can talk about more than one thing at a time but I guess you can't. By the way the original comment you made to the other poster he had said both TV and radio. Please follow along and get your face out of Matt's @55.
I specifically stated he wasn't fired by iHeart. It isn't difficult to read baby boy. You struggle in various things in life I'm sure so I'll leave it be Rocky Dennis.

Beshear plans, on his first day as governor, to restore voting rights to convicted felons and rescind the work requirement for Medicaid (for those healthy enough to work, no longer a requirement).

Could there be a more appropriate representation of what it means to be progressive?

Elections have consequences. All the people who voted straight GOP on the down ticket but voted for Beshear are going to realize that they cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Yall's argument is that, "the average Republican doesn't know what those cesspools are." ..

73237993_2178461445782799_8712139721674850304_o.jpg

Beshear plans, on his first day as governor, to restore voting rights to convicted felons and rescind the work requirement for Medicaid (for those healthy enough to work, no longer a requirement).

Could there be a more appropriate representation of what it means to be progressive?

Welp, he does have a mandate. The people have spoken overwhelmingly.

Those certainly are the most pressing issues and seems like the Republicans should accept his olive branch.

This is what matter most to them. Always looking for a way to give away tax payers money to hold that power base. This is important for those school teachers retirement. . So Kentucky gives up potential job growth and economic development and goes back to what got them in the pension mess to start with. Meanwhile jobs will go to states like Tennessee where economic development is valued and there is no state income tax. Great trade off Kentucky, you showed them. .

Bevins had the personality of a horse's ass but the state was drawing out of state business and economic prosperity was flourishing. What business wants to come to Kentucky with a future of higher taxes and corruption. Kiss it all good-bye. But hey the California governor is happy so that is important. Maybe he can ship off some of his sanctuary city excess because the Kentucky Democrat Party will open their arms to illegals and join Lexington in being a sanctuary city. .

I do not live in KY anymore but I have a lot of friends and family that do along with many of you who I want to see prosper in that state. It is sickening to see so many people on their high all mighty boxes right now bragging about voting out Bevins because he said some stupid things or just because it sounded like the cool thing to do all the while they just elected the son of one of the most corrupt former Governors in the state's history to run their state again plus continue to have the daughter of a convicted felon who sold their personal information running their state elections. Go for the trifecta and "show Mitch" by electing a Democrat who will immediately be lockstep with Schumer, Pelosi, etc. who go against everything the majority in the state supposably stand for. That will show em....

This is the problem with a person who has an ego like Jones. He wants to be totally in charge. He thinks he is so smart people will stoop and bow. He is the know it all. So now he has been suspended by WLEX and by his own radio show. Not too smart now are you buddy.

I might even tune in today to see what is up. Maybe, even though we have a huge football game against Tennessee this weekend, KSR can squeeze in some restaurant reviews. Ole Ryan and Drew know their stuff when it comes to restaurants. .
Sounds like trump

KY law allows for NO instance of a candidate requesting a recount in a gubernatorial race. a re-canvas is not a recount. they just re-read the vote tallies on the machines. A re-canvas has never changed an election. The only next step for Bevin is to ask the state assembly to convene a committee to declare the election void. They would randomly choose 11 members of the assembly to hear evidence and present a recommendation to the assembly. They could choose to recount the votes as part of their evidence but don't have to. If they chose to invalidate the election the assembly would gain the power to appoint anyone they choose to the governorship which wouldn't be Bevin because even the GoP hate him. The only time KY has ever taken this step the governor was promptly assassinated, the first and only in US history. And the GoP wants to keep their majorities so this will never happen anyway. Bevin is done, he's just to big of a little bitch to admit it.

"Normally, if you’re talking about any other statewide race beyond governor and lieutenant governor, you would involve a recount, which involves the court," Grimes said. "But here, the law specifically excludes governor and lieutenant governor for recount procedures."

Exactly. So like people said, you were wrong when you said KY law does not allow a recount under any circumstances.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
People complain about there being too much politics on KSR because of matt. Well now thats all they've talked about this morning with Matt off the show. Good job dumbasses.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I can’t stop laughing about the first thing Andy is going to....felon voting rights! That’s certainly not his decision, and it wasn't even on the first page of things voters were concerned about yet. Yet, it's the first order of business. Felons! Can't make that up.

First order of business for Daniel Cameron? Full investigation into Allison Grimes and our voter rolls, procedures, etc. We already know crimes have taken place. Do something about it. Grimes needs to be held accountable and punished for abusing her privileges, and our voting procedure is a mess that needs to be cleaned up. Citizens deserve that. We deserve elected officials to do their jobs, not be criminals, especially when their job is to ensure the votes of our citizens matter.

This MJ stuff is 1) great politics from him, tbh and 2) great example of the Dem playbook. Just appeal to the emotions of simple minds. Everything from that party is about FEELINGS and basically preying on simple minded people who can only think as far as their feelings and emotions allow.

Ryanbruner is a raging maniac, full of piss and vinegar in every thread he posts in, kinda comical. I picture him stomping around running into walls when he's not arguing on cat paw.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Exactly. So like people said, you were wrong when you said KY law does not allow a recount under any circumstances.
It wouldn't be an official recount by the state election board, the results would already be certified at that point. It would be a political show. I hope Bevin just keeps dragging it out. Nothing better than watching him get made a fool over and over.

Reactions: bushrod1965

To be clear, I’m not calling for a recount, just pointing out Platinum is ignorant as always.

It wouldn't be an official recount by the state election board, the results would already be certified at that point. It would be a political show.

Lol.

I can’t stop laughing about the first thing Andy is going to....felon voting rights! That’s certainly not his decision, and it wasn't even on the first page of things voters were concerned about yet. Yet, it's the first order of business. Felons! Can't make that up.

First order of business for Daniel Cameron? Full investigation into Allison Grimes and our voter rolls, procedures, etc. We already know crimes have taken place. Do something about it. Grimes needs to be held accountable and punished for abusing her privileges, and our voting procedure is a mess that needs to be cleaned up. Citizens deserve that. We deserve elected officials to do their jobs, not be criminals, especially when their job is to ensure the votes of our citizens matter.

This MJ stuff is 1) great politics from him, tbh and 2) great example of the Dem playbook. Just appeal to the emotions of simple minds. Everything from that party is about FEELINGS and basically preying on simple minded people who can only think as far as their feelings and emotions allow.

MJ politically is nothing more than a "female" Liz Warren..

Governor-Elect Andy Beshear says, “we need to come together and go to work.” Really, Andy? This coming from a political dick who fought Bevin by filing lawsuits against him for the last four years. Funny how this works isn’t it? Beshear was all about “resist” during Bevin’s term. Now, “we” need to come together.

Last edited:

BINGO with that last point (and the rest of the post).

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I do agree with some of Matt's points that the system is setup to be exclusionary and protective of 50 year incumbents..... but that's the game!

I don't know how you don't take a step back to realize this is the result of all regulation. Regulation protects incumbents. It's impossible to regulate innovation into existence.

Not necessarily. This particular rule is in place for this exact reason. Btw Trump quit the apprentice for the same reason.

People complain about there being too much politics on KSR because of matt. Well now thats all they've talked about this morning with Matt off the show. Good job dumbasses.

Which shows how uninformed they are. If they keep it up, the entire show will be removed. It can't be some giant campaign ad

There were actually hilarious callers and some good sports talk on today’s KSR. Don’t get that often. Matt hates people and animals.

One of the best spots on today’s show was the caller who reminded everyone that the democrat party kicked Matt off his TV show. Drew and Ryan quickly fell all over themselves.

Not necessarily. This particular rule is in place for this exact reason. Btw Trump quit the apprentice for the same reason.

Which shows how uninformed they are. If they keep it up, the entire show will be removed. It can't be some giant campaign ad
I listen to the show today and you know IHeart Radio is not happy. It was two hours of sympathy and whining for Matt. They are even making up Free Matt T-shirts endorsed by KSR. If this is their future they will have to live with it. This will not end well for Jones and his political mama needs to get involved before he embarrases the family name. Even more than he already has. .

Another lunacy that came out of the show. Callers who claimed to be Republicans, NRA members and conservative say they are now on the Matt Jones bandwagon and will support his run for office. What a farce. Any conservative that votes for a progressive like Jones who will be controlled by Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrat ;machine because a sports talk show host got put down is brainless. Actually they are a farce. You don't throw away your political ideals because someone gets suspended by IHeart Radio Sports Show. Unless you are very shallow

You should be celebrating. Thanks to the big win you can vote again. Just in time to vote for Matt Jones. Be happy

Honestly don't even know what you are talking about. I just know I enjoy the show and now its difficult to enjoy because Mitch Mctreason took Matt off the air.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT