POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Illegal immigration is a big problem - but if we just woke up one morning and every illegal had vanished, I have to wonder how we would function.

Maybe by washing our own cars, or by driving a slightly dirty car until it rains?

You know, the South did manage did stay in existence when all the slaves were freed. I'm sure that we too would manage without cheap labor illegals.

No justice for Eric Garner. Jesus. So pathetic and yet so unsurprising. That bitch ass cop should be in prison. Nobody “takes care of their own” like the boys in blue though. Kill an unarmed civilian, get a desk job and wait for everything to blow over.

Oh and remember - if you have a “BLUE LIVES MATTER” bumper sticker, you’re a bum. Why is it always some white dude with a truck though? Weird.

They would pay more money in order to get help? Life would go on

There's 3 express carwashes in Paducah, I'm not going to say that no Hispanics work at them, but every employee I've ever encountered was white or black.
Did you request the black employees to dry your beater

Trump just make it ok to be openly violent and hateful. The people that follow him were always that way.
Please show me these numerous instances of Trump Supporters being openly violent and hateful. If Trump made it OK, I'm sure there has to be numerous and frequent examples of this violence that's being perpetrated against the very accepting and calm liberal public.

Please show me these numerous instances of Trump Supporters being openly violent and hateful. If Trump made it OK, I'm sure there has to be numerous and frequent examples of this violence that's being perpetrated against the very accepting and calm liberal public.
His rallies. Duh.

66916218_656227004847915_3701157590240067584_n.jpg

Maybe by washing our own cars, or by driving a slightly dirty car until it rains?

You know, the South did manage did stay in existence when all the slaves were freed. I'm sure that we too would manage without cheap labor illegals.

My time is too valuable for me to spend it washing my own vehicle. It would probably take me 2 hours to do it myself and I pay a small monthly fee for unlimited washes. Dragging a vacuum cleaner out in the heat, using my own water, soap, and supplies...to me a car wash is one of the best deals out there - especially for a crew cab 4x4 truck - it's a PITA to get the roof and hood clean.

How so? Need some examples. Gotta do better than one word answers. Need some evidence.

I'm no Trump fan but I agree with you - I haven't seen any evidence of violence. I think most of those folks just want to go in and yell lock her up and build the wall with a bunch of other like minded people. Like I said, harmless.

Reactions: duke4life831
My time is too valuable for me to spend it washing my own vehicle. It would probably take me 2 hours to do it myself and I pay a small monthly fee for unlimited washes. Dragging a vacuum cleaner out in the heat, using my own water, soap, and supplies...to me a car wash is one of the best deals out there - especially for a crew cab 4x4 truck - it's a PITA to get the roof and hood clean.
I love these condescending "My time is too valuable" people. And you must be really short if you can't clean the roof of your truck by standing in the bed. Or let me guess, you've got one of those lids on your bed that make it impossible to haul anything taller than the bed.

They are NOT violent at his rallies. They chant dumb stuff like a WWE crowd does, but they're harmless.
Celebrating hate is not harmless. Trump gained the power he has to commit atrocities because he was able to stoke the hate in those crowds' hearts'. He's being empowered to turn their enthusiasm for hate into real world actions that are harming people daily.

I love these condescending "My time is too valuable" people. And you must be really short if you can't clean the roof of your truck by standing in the bed. Or let me guess, you've got one of those lids on your bed that make it impossible to haul anything taller than the bed.

I can do a lot of fun things in 2 hours, it wasn't a money thing. I'd much rather take my kids to a movie, play a round of disc golf, work on my wedge game at the driving range, etc than spend it washing my truck when someone else will do it for a very small fee.

Celebrating hate is not harmless. Trump gained the power he has to commit atrocities because he was able to stoke the hate in those crowds' hearts'. He's being empowered to turn their enthusiasm for hate into real world actions that are harming people daily.

What atrocities? The whole lot of you are drama queens, nevermind you supported and willfully cheered on calling an elected US President a traitor. Called the movement the resistance right out of the gate. You realize that what you're resisting is your fellow country members lawful election of a President?
You don't want to accept our decision to move the country in a different direction, so you belittle, ridicule, dehumanize us. Yet, you can't see the division that YOU cause.

Illegal immigration is a big problem - but if we just woke up one morning and every illegal had vanished, I have to wonder how we would function.

There's no way we can just wake up with every illegal gone; I'd argue we'd do a slow removal program with incentives to self deport. It would take years and a large proportion would have to stay.

But to your other point, I'd argue illegal immigration and offshoring of manufacturing led to an increase of drug use, obesity and general worthlessness of blue collar Americans. I think it will make America stronger to fix both of those issues - but I sometimes worry that the horses are out of the barn.

But you would live without it. Just like we could live happier, safer, paying less in insurance and taxes, without illegals.

Maybe. They may know what works and doesn't. A rich person could be self made. Of help from daddy. A few million dollar loan for instance.
Ok, so What did Trump do with his loan? Did he parlay that into far bigger riches? Of course he had help getting started. If I had those kinds of means I would help my kids get started as well. He took his money and created thousands of jobs, developed properties, built his own empire. He didn't squander it all away in nightclubs and bars every night, or snort it up his nose. He had to have some semblance of a work ethic to accomplish what he has. Not sure how that disqualifies him from being president.

Reactions: duke4life831
[laughing]

500k Syrians slaughtered and millions displaced, Yazidis slaughtered and enslaved....those were the good old days.

I can do a lot of fun things in 2 hours, it wasn't a money thing. I'd much rather take my kids to a movie, play a round of disc golf, work on my wedge game at the driving range, etc than spend it washing my truck when someone else will do it for a very small fee.
I woulda had my kids help, time better spent teaching them some work ethic and you get to spend some time with them, plus you get to soak them with the hose.

There's no way we can just wake up with every illegal gone; I'd argue we'd do a slow removal program with incentives to self deport. It would take years and a large proportion would have to stay.

But to your other point, I'd argue illegal immigration and offshoring of manufacturing led to an increase of drug use, obesity and general worthlessness of blue collar Americans. I think it will make America stronger to fix both of those issues - but I sometimes worry that the horses are out of the barn.

Good points. Obviously the scenario I pointed out could never happen, and I agree with you that even if we decided to crack down hard, we would almost certainly see that we do need some of those folks here long term. Stopping the constant flow should be the first priority, but we can't seem to make any headway on that no matter who is in charge.

Ok, so What did Trump do with his loan? Did he parlay that into far bigger riches? Of course he had help getting started. If I had those kinds of means I would help my kids get started as well. He took his money and created thousands of jobs, developed properties, built his own empire. He didn't squander it all away in nightclubs and bars every night, or snort it up his nose. He had to have some semblance of a work ethic to accomplish what he has. Not sure how that disqualifies him from being president.
He downplays the help he got. I would bet a whole lot of people could have done just as good as him with the help he had. He did a lot with smoke and mirrors and just bold actions. He also knew he had dad there if the poop got too thick. Easy to be bold with a gold net under you.

I woulda had my kids help, time better spent teaching them some work ethic and you get to spend some time with them, plus you get to soak them with the hose.

Good call actually - my son is 17 and is more into girls and fishing right now than hose soakings, but my 8 year old girl would love it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT