POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say thieves bc that's what all the drug addicts around here are. Even some marijuana dudes. If there's rampant crime it's fn thievery. And you get a slap on the wrist for it. You see it day after day here.

Mfers trashed this ladies entire house, stole the car, stole lord knows what. They weren't in jail a week, tmfs, and these guys were both habitual druggies/thieves. How does that happen? To me, the obvious question, and the most obvious problem that needs to be addressed is our judicial system. Top to bottom. Wtf is our govt doing in this department? Any clue? Hell, look at our FBI...But really, just look at your local stuff you can read in the paper, you can see everyday. What in the world are we doing, because it ain't working. Why should we listen to anything these losers say?

It's a myth you get jail time for weed. At least in KY. Not happening. You can have POUNDS and as long as you're not like a damn 10 time offender or something, you're not getting jail time. Nobody goes to jail! I'm telling you. Total myth, especially the weed stuff. It's been "decriminalized" here for a while. iirc, KY was actually not far behind in the "decriminalize movement" (which isn't accurate term, but still). You pay a fine. A small one.

Even so, like I said, you ain't doing time for pounds. I don't know how or why, but it ain't happening. Couple recent cases here have blown my mind. Trafficked through the mail. POUNDS ON POUNDS. No jail time. Interstate trafficked, felony plants grown inside, burglary....NO JAIL TIME. Now, you gotta have some money or something, but point is, you ain't doing doing hard time for hardly nothing. It's all a big racket.

I say thieves bc that's what all the drug addicts around here are. Even some marijuana dudes. If there's rampant crime it's fn thievery. And you get a slap on the wrist for it. You see it day after day here.

Mfers trashed this ladies entire house, stole the car, stole lord knows what. They weren't in jail a week, tmfs, and these guys were both habitual druggies/thieves. How does that happen? To me, the obvious question, and the most obvious problem that needs to be addressed is our judicial system. Top to bottom. Wtf is our govt doing in this department? Any clue? Hell, look at our FBI...But really, just look at your local stuff you can read in the paper, you can see everyday. What in the world are we doing, because it ain't working. Why should we listen to anything these losers say?

It's a myth you get jail time for weed. At least in KY. Not happening. You can have POUNDS and as long as you're not like a damn 10 time offender or something, you're not getting jail time. Nobody goes to jail! I'm telling you. Total myth, especially the weed stuff. It's been "decriminalized" here for a while. iirc, KY was actually not far behind in the "decriminalize movement" (which isn't accurate term, but still). You pay a fine. A small one.

Even so, like I said, you ain't doing time for pounds. I don't know how or why, but it ain't happening. Couple recent cases here have blown my mind. Trafficked through the mail. POUNDS ON POUNDS. No jail time. Interstate trafficked, felony plants grown inside, burglary....NO JAIL TIME. Now, you gotta have some money or something, but point is, you ain't doing doing hard time for hardly nothing. It's all a big racket.

That’s crazy man. Didn’t realize it has gotten like that, especisllly with marijuana.

I have a family member on my wife’s side addicted to heroine big time. Biggest thief I know. Has stolen over $2,000 dollars from his grandmother. He’s been in and out jail and rehab. His longest stay at either was 30 days.

So you want to continue to make people pay ridiculous fines and have their lives negatively impacted by cannabis charges, keep it inaccessible to medical patients, keep the black market (i.e. the marijuana dudes you mention) at full strength financially, continue to expend ridiculous amounts of resources on system processing of countless minor offenses, sting operations, chopper fly overs, etc...and lose out on millions in generated revenue because you don't want the government involved in the industry, as it's involved in literally every other industry?

You want to keep it illegal so the government doesn't get any money from it? Is that the premise of your argument?

No, i want it out of govt hands all together.

Meaning, treat like what it is. A fn plant. You sell something, you pay sales tax. Done. You wanna sell your marijuana plants on craigslist. Go for it. Whatever. You wanna rob somebody for their marijuana, well, you're going to jail.

I don't want govt taxing and regulating however they see fit. It's not a fn tool, it's not a problem, or a solution to our problems. It's a gd plant.

Last edited:
I have no earthly idea how the market is regulated.

The politicization of this junk just drives me nuts. We're being sold bs just to give our govt more money and power.

So, let me get this straight . . . when their own salary and benefits are on the line, they should just show up and shut up, but when supervisors above them are over paid and over staffed, they should raise hell about it? That makes a ton of sense.
Yeah bc that money should be directed to them. Because teachers are leaving to work at the board doing nothing...hence looks like a problem there.

Get it straight...or still curved for you?

Reactions: JStaff2187
Who is going to get the media darling treatment? Kamala or Beto? The media will promote those two like crazy.

If that is true, which I'm not sure it is, that shouldn't be the case. The purpose of prisons should be to, obviously, imprison AND rehabilitate those who have committed crimes.

One of the biggest issues is people going to prison for drug possession and coming out a lifetime criminal...usually worse. We have a recidivism rate of over 75%. I think we can all agree that is WAY too high.
Recidivism is high because prisons are not designed to rehabilitate. Additionally, upon leaving prison, people usually go back to the same climate that contributed to their choosing criminal activity.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
54398058_972530302951659_6187491317258387456_n.jpg

One of the main reasons the US criminal system is so terrible is because we don't rehabilitate. Once someone leaves prison their choices are generally to get a shitty minimum wage job or go back to making good money committing crimes. We make it absurdly hard for even low level criminals to assimilate back into society. You get put away from pot possession and your only choice now is to become a career criminal. For something that shouldn't even get you put in prison. Possession should be a fine and nothing more. It is much cheaper to rehabilitate a criminal for a few years in prison than to have them stay in prison for life. We also only target certain populations to put in prison while letting white collar criminals steal billions & do whatever they want.

Prisons should be "equal opportunity" prisons. Break a law with a predetermined prison sentence, the offender should be given the consequences regardless of race, gender, etc... I agree, in that sense, the system is beyond broken. Not debating whether or not possession of pot should be against the law. IMO, it's no worse than alcohol and should be regulated as is alcohol. That said, if I know it's the law and choose to violate the law, I must accept the consequences.

No, i want it out of govt hands all together.

Meaning, treat like what it is. A fn plant. You sell something, you pay sales tax. Done. You wanna sell your marijuana plants on craigslist. Go for it. Whatever. You wanna rob somebody for their marijuana, well, you're going to jail.

I don't want govt taxing and regulating however they see fit. It's not a fn tool, it's not a problem, or a solution to our problems. It's a gd plant.
Understand and in one sense agree. The government has demonstrated the ability to misspend tax dollars. On the other hand, government involvement in the form of laws should be in place as with alcohol. Age limits on sales, penalties for public intoxication or being under the influence especially when operating a vehicle.

Who is going to get the media darling treatment? Kamala or Beto? The media will promote those two like crazy.
Beto's too white...oh wait...he's Mexican or some such...he also has testicles (maybe, that's debatable). Kamala will be the media darling. they've already went clothes shopping with her.

Once you've convinced the people that their lives, and every living thing on the planet, is in the hands of the govt/legislators, you have won so fn hard. At that point you can start telling people there are 32434 different genders, and baby lives don't matter, etc etc.

As a parent, how do recover from school teaching your kid something like "if we don't DO SOMETHING NOW (aka vote Democrat) the world could end in 10 years". That can't actually be happening, but I've seen the children on 60 minutes that believe that.

"Welp, you're right, son. Been a pretty good run. No point in going to school, here's some meth".

"Your school is wrong and stupid. No point in going back there, here's some meth"

Weird times. I feel for all the extra bs parents have to navigate in 2019.

As a parent, how do recover from school teaching your kid something like "if we don't DO SOMETHING NOW (aka vote Democrat) the world could end in 10 years". That can't actually be happening, but I've seen the children on 60 minutes that believe that.

"Welp, you're right, son. Been a pretty good run. No point in going to school, here's some meth".

"Your school is wrong and stupid. No point in going back there, here's some meth"

Weird times. I feel for all the extra bs parents have to navigate in 2019.

This is actually a huge failure of parents today. Not being involved in this part of their kids’ lives, not knowing what they’re being taught, and not having adult conversations with them to prepare them to offset the absolute bullshit they’re being brainwashed with.

Oddly, this is one reason to send kids to public schools. I understand and respect parents that want to protect their children. However, my position with parents was always this: Kids are going to be exposed to the crap the world wants to dish out. Faulty views on sex, drugs, philosophical issues, religion, etc... At least when they hear that crap in public schools, parents still have enough influence and ability to teach them right thinking. If kids are not exposed while parents are still near enough to counteract the crap, they will initially be exposed to it when they enter college, the workplace, etc... By that time, it's too late for parents to intervene.
Not an argument without holes, but one worthy of parents' consideration.

Oddly, this is one reason to send kids to public schools. I understand and respect parents that want to protect their children. However, my position with parents was always this: Kids are going to be exposed to the crap the world wants to dish out. Faulty views on sex, drugs, philosophical issues, religion, etc... At least when they hear that crap in public schools, parents still have enough influence and ability to teach them right thinking. If kids are not exposed while parents are still near enough to counteract the crap, they will initially be exposed to it when they enter college, the workplace, etc... By that time, it's too late for parents to intervene.
Not an argument without holes, but one worthy of parents' consideration.

To me, it’s not about protecting them from different views. It’s a foundation of values and decency. I don’t want my kids going to school having to worry about being shot (only happens in public schools), having their classrooms disrupted with shit behavior, having to worry about being jumped, and getting a worse education if I can help it.

And where we used to live, they created a mandatory gay history curriculum for second grade on up.

Yeah. I think it should be treated as a non-violent, medical issue that addiction is. If they haven't committed a violent, drug-related offense, why do we honestly need to lock them up?

It is not a medical issue. Depression? Yes. But not addiction.

A medical issue is something that arises on it's own. Addiction doesn't exist until the user makes a conscious effort to use/abuse the substance.

Depression is a condition. Yet there are several people with depression that aren't addicts. So obviously that isn't the sole trigger.

In reality at it's very core, addiction is the result of lack of impulse control. Not some medical disease that the addict is helpless to prevent.

To me, it’s not about protecting them from different views. It’s a foundation of values and decency. I don’t want my kids going to school having to worry about being shot (only happens in public schools), having their classrooms disrupted with shit behavior, having to worry about being jumped, and getting a worse education if I can help it.

And where we used to live, they created a mandatory gay history curriculum for second grade on up.
Idiots. Like I said, that behavior crap can be stopped if admins will have the guts to do it.

A medical issue is something that arises on it's own. Addiction doesn't exist until the user makes a conscious effort to use/abuse the substance.

Depression is a condition. Yet there are several people with depression that aren't addicts. So obviously that isn't the sole trigger.

In reality at it's very core, addiction is the result of lack of impulse control. Not some medical disease that the addict is helpless to prevent.

Addiction is a self-inflicted physical, thus medical, issue. There's generally an emotional reason behind using. I have sympathy for a person dealt the cancer card or other medical condition which they had little control. Alcohol and drug addiction does not get that sympathy. Overcoming is a matter of choice and making right decisions.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Once a person is an addict, I promise you it's a medical condition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT