POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And where we used to live, they created a mandatory gay history curriculum for second grade on up.

That shit right there. It’s just too much. I wouldn’t want my 2nd grader being taught about sexuality of any sort at that age. Why bring that into it?

I don’t care if the person who may one day cure cancer is straight or gay. I don’t care if they’re white or black. I don’t care if they’re a man or a woman. If you do something great, or something historical... who gives a shit about any of those things? It’s your contribution to society that should be praised and talked about.

We don’t need mandatory classes on gays, transsexuals, men, women, etc.

It is not a medical issue. Depression? Yes. But not addiction.

A medical issue is something that arises on it's own. Addiction doesn't exist until the user makes a conscious effort to use/abuse the substance.

Depression is a condition. Yet there are several people with depression that aren't addicts. So obviously that isn't the sole trigger.

In reality at it's very core, addiction is the result of lack of impulse control. Not some medical disease that the addict is helpless to prevent.
You are ruining his pathway to pedophilia

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
It is not a medical issue. Depression? Yes. But not addiction.

A medical issue is something that arises on it's own. Addiction doesn't exist until the user makes a conscious effort to use/abuse the substance.

Depression is a condition. Yet there are several people with depression that aren't addicts. So obviously that isn't the sole trigger.

In reality at it's very core, addiction is the result of lack of impulse control. Not some medical disease that the addict is helpless to prevent.

This is just incorrect. What if someone develops a disease such as cancer or diabetes based on their life choices? Is that still a medical issue? I'll answer that for you, yes. Yes it is. That's why people go to the hospital for chemo treatment, etc.

I am not talking about drug addicts that inflict harm on others or steal from other people. If you are caught committing a crime that effects someone else's well-being or personal property, you should go to jail. Period.

I am talking about locking people up because solely because they have a crack rock or a small bag of heroin. That's insane to me.

Lastly, if prisons can't, won't or shouldn't rehabilitate, then why do WE have such a high recidivism rate? Many other countries have no where near what we have. The solution isn't to just throw up our hands.

This is just incorrect. What if someone develops a disease such as cancer or diabetes based on their life choices? Is that still a medical issue? I'll answer that for you, yes. Yes it is. That's why people go to the hospital for chemo treatment, etc.

I am not talking about drug addicts that inflict harm on others or steal from other people. If you are caught committing a crime that effects someone else's well-being or personal property, you should go to jail. Period.

I am talking about locking people up because solely because they have a crack rock or a small bag of heroin. That's insane to me.

Lastly, if prisons can't, won't or shouldn't rehabilitate, then why do WE have such a high recidivism rate? Many other countries have no where near what we have. The solution isn't to just throw up our hands.

One of the problems is that life is all some people know. They get out and go right back to the same neighborhood or friends that they hung out with before.
Another is placed don’t have to hire convicts because there’s tons of overqualified people without criminal records.
You’re putting too much fault on the prisons, all they can do is offer classes and training. They can’t make someone use them or what that person does once they’re free.

This is true and it is not in keeping with the gospel and is unAmerican:
54398006_1066513643550408_3344279609335087104_n.jpg

As long as it's obtained legally. If people are buying from pushers who kill competitors, possession is not OK by me.

The dude I buy my weed from is the most laid back guy I know. Granted, I don't know every person who has touched it in the workflow. Not sure how I am supposed to obtain my weed "legally" in Kentucky though. Do you know a loophole I'm not aware of?

To me, it’s not about protecting them from different views. It’s a foundation of values and decency. I don’t want my kids going to school having to worry about being shot (only happens in public schools), having their classrooms disrupted with shit behavior, having to worry about being jumped, and getting a worse education if I can help it.

And where we used to live, they created a mandatory gay history curriculum for second grade on up.
Amen, bro...

The dude I buy my weed from is the most laid back guy I know. Granted, I don't know every person who has touched it in the workflow. Not sure how I am supposed to obtain my weed "legally" in Kentucky though. Do you know a loophole I'm not aware of?
Didn't say you could get it. Not my problem. But folks getting shot over it's distribution is my problem. Sorry about your luck.

Reactions: KRJ1975

Problem is not only did he lose, but the people who were giving him the money were not giving it TO him but for anyone AGAINST Cruz. With 20 people running in the primary he will be washed out by the others, and the Dem primary is going to be a festival of who can be the craziest to the left loons. Once they go so far left to win the primary it will crush them against moderates and independents.

Reactions: DidneyWorl
Addiction is a self-inflicted physical, thus medical, issue. There's generally an emotional reason behind using. I have sympathy for a person dealt the cancer card or other medical condition which they had little control. Alcohol and drug addiction does not get that sympathy. Overcoming is a matter of choice and making right decisions.

It's definitely a medical issue once they are addicted. The recent movement tries to blame it on everything.... except the addict

Reactions: DidneyWorl
I take it then you favor no gas tax money for roads & let them just go to hell?

I recognize governments waste money on everything, but some gas money gets thru to roads. Perhaps I'm wrong, but if you, for example, doubled the gas tax that double $ would get thru to fixing/building roads.

I'm not a libertarian, I believe some taxes are a necessity. But I do think there is a limit and California and the rest of the US long ago passed that limit.

To me if the roads are crap and need fixing, I would rather cut pointless spending somewhere else and use that money. Again using California as an example because I know some of the crazy crap they spend money on. Instead of raising gas taxes even more in California to fix the crappy roads, let's get rid of the poop cleaning jobs that pay close to 200k dollars a year. There is a couple mil a year to help fix San Frans roads right there.

You can find pointless spending in every local government. To me the answer isn't to just keep cranking up taxes, which just leads to more pointless spending. The answer should be cutting these governmental programs that hemorrhage money and spend the money on actual city and town necessities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT