POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kids from the backgrounds of dysfunctional families that bring that dysfunction to school inhibit everyone from learning. FACT. Yes, I want my grandkids to know the difference from buckling down to learn & being a distraction. FACT.

That you don't believe that kids deserve to be in a save space at school & coming/going tells me don't give an ish about kids of any kind. You must love school shootings.

My solution is for parents to be allowed to send kids where they want & not just where the politicians & teachers unions tell them they have to go. That has never failed. As is, the only way to achieve that is to move to where the school is you want the kids in.
No problem with anything you've said. Maybe another solution: Administrators become creative and find a way to effectively separate kids that comply with generally accepted standards of conduct which include respect for others, decency, etc... from those that don't.
Before retiring, we began toying with an idea of forming night schools. We'd simply tell kids and their parents what the accepted standards for behavior were. If their kids chose not to comply, they would go to school from 3:00 until 10:00 pm. It's not our problem how their kids are monitored during the day. Put the ball in their court. Does not matter what their problems were; does not matter what their family problems were. Simply a choice on their part based on how they chose to behave.

Yeah I agree those white collar criminals shouldn't be in prison. All they did was embezzle millions. A little embezzling never hurt anybody. Weed dealers though, get their asses to jail!

More criminals should go to prison, not fewer. One of the consequences of having freedom is that some choose to make illegal decisions. Prisons are an unfortunate but necessary part of such a society.
Some will whine that prisons only make worse criminals. They are right. However, it is not the purpose of prison to rehabilitate, only incarcerate. IMO, the biggest problem is cost. Solution? Start building prisons on the frozen tundra in northern Alaska. Just have barracks, feed them enough seal blubber to keep them alive. No luxuries...heck, not even have any fences. Tell them to escape if they wanted. Where would they go?

Yeah, I never understood since I live inside imaginary lines why Id have to go to where I'm told. It's not my fault your school sucks.

Teachers always talk about fixing schools but say nothing as their central office staffs keep growing as do their salaries...aka the further you get from the school the more money
So, let me get this straight . . . when their own salary and benefits are on the line, they should just show up and shut up, but when supervisors above them are over paid and over staffed, they should raise hell about it? That makes a ton of sense.

So, let me get this straight . . . when their own salary and benefits are on the line, they should just show up and shut up, but when supervisors above them are over paid and over staffed, they should raise hell about it? That makes a ton of sense.

I don't think you have it straight at all which might be why it doesn't make a ton of sense.

Woods is cool with you because he loves Trump and lectures people you disagree with. I take a more fair approach to this - if famous people who are liberal are supposed to shut up and dribble, then famous people who are conservative should do the same. I really don’t care what any of them think.

And I really do miss Woods on Family Guy.
Woods also studied Political Science at MIT, and thought about getting into politics prior to his acting career getting off the ground. Therefore i'm more likely to listen to his takes on things over most celebrities who think they have all the answers.

I bet this guy has Ruth Bader Ginsburg in his new freezer.

k38nv558nzl21.jpg
It is difficult to accept this fool was actually President of the United States of America.

I think the point is school institutions are just as corrupt as big business, government, etc. I work in one and see the behind the scenes BS that goes on.

School I work at had a superintendent get hired, hire family and friends to “created” positions at the central office and throughout schools in the district (btw, schools create positions out of thin air all the time to get someone they want on staff). Their salaries probably reached a combined total of ~$500,000. And this is in a smaller, poorer district. Can you imagine the big school districts?

I hear teachers complain about it... but they’ve always shown up to work. The pension and benefits crisis stems from government spending that money elsewhere. If central offices and the government weren’t abusing their power, this wouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps they should raise hell over both issues, if they’re going to raise hell at all?

But it's a perfect example on why raising taxes doesn't necessarily lead to better spending. It should be an eye opener for anyone saying, "our roads are crap, I'm cool if they add a little tax to gas so they can improve the roads." They will find other ways to waste that money on something.
I take it then you favor no gas tax money for roads & let them just go to hell?

I recognize governments waste money on everything, but some gas money gets thru to roads. Perhaps I'm wrong, but if you, for example, doubled the gas tax that double $ would get thru to fixing/building roads.

I think the point is school institutions are just as corrupt as big business, government, etc. I work in one and see the behind the scenes BS that goes on.

School I work at had a superintendent get hired, hire family and friends to “created” positions at the central office and throughout schools in the district (btw, schools create positions out of thin air all the time to get someone they want on staff). Their salaries probably reached a combined total of ~$500,000. And this is in a smaller, poorer district. Can you imagine the big school districts?

I hear teachers complain about it... but they’ve always shown up to work. The pension and benefits crisis stems from government spending that money elsewhere. If central offices and the government weren’t abusing their power, this wouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps they should raise hell over both issues, if they’re going to raise hell at all?

It's government in general. Most in power will abuse it. Part of it is human nature, another part is they see if go on forever and noone gets in trouble

Reactions: JStaff2187
Does anyone on here actually pay for NYT or WaPo? They seem to be the only sites I ever get linked to that consistently have a working paywall.

98% of the time I only clicked the link because I wasn't aware it was NYT or WaPo and I'm curious as to the loony toon drivel that's in the headline.

Oh well. I guess I'll have to settle for the loony toons posting the drivel verbatim in this thread.
CJ's wall works against me.

When you look at this guy’s account, it’s hard to decipher if he’s a parody (lol) because white leftists are some of the most pathetic people on earth. They view non whites as some zoo exhibit.

Last edited:
Here's the problem with this, the little white boy would have not acted like this if the man had been white and in a suit. He felt comfortable with his disrespect of an older American native. Another very illustrated racist attitude is his mother proclamation that we had not been thorough enough in our attempts of genocide of the native American race so I feel fairly confident the closeted racism of the little white catholic punk in the face of an older man is well ingrained by his upbringing.

What’s the cost of all free college going forward as they shan’t be paying either?

And since when does me keeping some of my money....of which I pay in a katrillion more of than you do.... “cost” anything?

F*ck it, please don’t answer any of that.
Yeah I'm not in the habit of answering cartoonish caricatures anyway:
5701a0f0e807e2c18bdf2cb4948d09f4.jpg

More criminals should go to prison, not fewer. One of the consequences of having freedom is that some choose to make illegal decisions. Prisons are an unfortunate but necessary part of such a society.
Some will whine that prisons only make worse criminals. They are right. However, it is not the purpose of prison to rehabilitate, only incarcerate. IMO, the biggest problem is cost. Solution? Start building prisons on the frozen tundra in northern Alaska. Just have barracks, feed them enough seal blubber to keep them alive. No luxuries...heck, not even have any fences. Tell them to escape if they wanted. Where would they go?

If that is true, which I'm not sure it is, that shouldn't be the case. The purpose of prisons should be to, obviously, imprison AND rehabilitate those who have committed crimes.

One of the biggest issues is people going to prison for drug possession and coming out a lifetime criminal...usually worse. We have a recidivism rate of over 75%. I think we can all agree that is WAY too high.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Here's the problem with this, the little white boy would have not acted like this if the man had been white and in a suit. He felt comfortable with his disrespect of an older American native. Another very illustrated racist attitude is his mother proclamation that we had not been thorough enough in our attempts of genocide of the native American race so I feel fairly confident the closeted racism of the little white catholic punk in the face of an older man is well ingrained by his upbringing.
This needs to go in the Democrat Time Capsule so our grandkids can remember what you guys and gals were like...

One of the biggest issues is people going to prison for drug possession and coming out a lifetime criminal...usually worse. We have a recidivism rate of over 75%. I think we can all agree that is WAY too high.

This I can agree with. Drug possession punishments are WAY over the top. This needs desperately to change.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music

That's all speculation... the problem is if you want to see racism, you can see it wherever you look. You can blame whatever you want on racism; it's not you doing 45 in a 35 that got you pulled over, it's you driving while black, he wouldn't have pulled over a white lady for doing the same surely.

It's poor thinking, and ultimately a reflection of the own racism you hold in your heart. Until you yourself become blind to race, and thorougly eliminate the racist attitudes you yourself hold, you will never understand. You will never actually see the racism that does exist, you will always be blind. This is true of you and the other leftists here on the paddock, white or black, you have been deceived and used for political expedience.,

One of the main reasons the US criminal system is so terrible is because we don't rehabilitate. Once someone leaves prison their choices are generally to get a shitty minimum wage job or go back to making good money committing crimes. We make it absurdly hard for even low level criminals to assimilate back into society. You get put away from pot possession and your only choice now is to become a career criminal. For something that shouldn't even get you put in prison. Possession should be a fine and nothing more. It is much cheaper to rehabilitate a criminal for a few years in prison than to have them stay in prison for life. We also only target certain populations to put in prison while letting white collar criminals steal billions & do whatever they want.

Yeah. I think it should be treated as a non-violent, medical issue that addiction is. If they haven't committed a violent, drug-related offense, why do we honestly need to lock them up?

I think with heroine, cocaine, etc. the fear is the addiction will lead to a violent crime. It certainly can, but it’s a poor reason to lock someone up like they do. Like you said, they should have to have some violent history to justify that.

Marijuana is the worst. Makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Why do you have to be "violent" to be locked up? Most people are not violent. Hell, even "violent" offenders often times do not spend long in jail. What is "violent"?

Thieves are low life POS. Do they not belong in jail?

I agree with some things in principal, but a HUGE part of this new drug stuff is simply one political party dangling a carrot in front of stupid idiots...a lot of which are addicted to drugs. Call it whatever you want, but govt being involved in this crap is hilarious and not the answer to anything other than making rich people richer.

Why do you have to be "violent" to be locked up? Most people are not violent. Hell, even "violent" offenders often times do not spend long in jail. What is "violent"?

Thieves are low life POS. Do they not belong in jail?

I agree with some things in principal, but a HUGE part of this new drug stuff is simply one political party dangling a carrot in front of stupid idiots...a lot of which are addicted to drugs. Call it whatever you want, but govt being involved in this crap is hilarious and not the answer to anything other than making rich people richer.

I thought I mentioned thieves in my post and didn’t. Oops. But yes, that’s true.

The problem I have is often times serious crimes like murder can get as little as 10 years and some dude that had a few ounces of weed can get you just as long or longer. That’s insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT