POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll bet $200 on trump winning. I don't care if it's that Hiliary is arrested or not. I also don't care if Hiliary wins because some nutjob shoots trump.

$200 to the winner no matter what, or hide behind your stipulations.
Suit yourself. Deal.

See Gallup unfavorable ratings. Trumps is around 60%, highest in modern history; Bernie's is at 30%, a little low for a politician. IOW, right now she's facing someone who's not really unpopular, and in the fall she'll be facing someone who is historically unpopular....

#1 Bernie is not going to be the nominee, so his unfavorables are irrelevant.

#2 Trump's unfavorables of 60% are admittedly terrible, going up against someone whose unfavorables are a mere ... 55%.

You're the one that brought up how awesome it was before people started challenging the aristocratic agenda. And funny how you don't comment on my example of is the poor tenement residents and transcontinental settlers. Just the examplenof slavery. You blowhards just latch onto the one thing your feeble minds can attack. Lowest common denominators. Sad, really.
Wrong as usual, the normal deflection and misdirection. I was talking about more recent days (people who are actually alive now) and true to form you have to bring up things that have long since past. That is the liberal way, talk about moving into the here and now but use stuff that has long since past when you have no real time issues that support your argument. Talk about feeble minds.

sanders would f--king crush trump

his redneck constituency hasn't grown

he's going to be destroyed by a shit candidate

clinton represents the status quo at its most venal, cynical and corrupt

trump represents something even worse

So what is it that is worse?

We get to choose between a liberal Republican or a conservative-ish Democrat.

I'm probably voting for Gary Johnson just to say I didn't participate in the shit show.

Well, your first statement is completely inaccurate.

And Gary Johnson is almost as liberal as Hillary w/ just a different label.

Here's the worst case scenario. Hillary wins. Got 4 more years to come up with a better candidate to push against her in 2020. It really doesn't help to have Trump win, because he'll run again for a 2nd term. Bitch and moan through 4 years of Hillary and find a better candidate to beat her. Learn from the misktake. America doesn't want some whacko evangelical candidate. Those days are over. They had a good run in the 80s and 90s. But the world is passing those folks up. Either make some changes to the party or get 4 more years of Hillary in 2020.

If Hillary wins, there will never be another gop president.

Maybe old codgy ass, racist, mysoginistic, curmudgeons need to be ostracized. Ever think about that?

Congrats. You worked in faux war on women, faux racism, and later even threw in slavery for a nice liberal strawman trifecta. Well done.

you're even dumber than warrior cat

sort of like trump and the nitwits who support him

Just like all your other posts, they're all only ad hominem attacks. If that's the best you can do, why post?

trump's campaign is built on pandering to credulous racists

nothing faux or straw man about it

he's peeled the mask off the gop--many of his policy "ideas" aren't remotely conservative--and shows the base for what it is, which is what i've always known it to be: angry, resentful white male bigots

Last edited:
People do realize that blacks, Mexicans and Latinos are voting for trump right? I mean the TV would have you believe otherwise but it's true!

One thing to keep in mind. Hillary is establishment. Trump isn't. That may gain a lot of traction before this is over.

It certainly allows the narrative and anti-establishment sentiment that's driven much of the GOP primary to carry on the general. To what impact that has on general voters remains to be seen.

After 8 years of "hope and change", ending business as usual in Washington, no special interest politics, appointments of qualified independent people to positions and the most transparent administration ever you all voted for, I can see how Ds can rationalize voting for Clinton, the ultimate politician.

Things have changed so much in Washington, Washington will probably change Clinton IMO.

There's absolutely no way any person can justify voting for Clinton as a way to stop Trump. You know who is going to stop Trump if he tries to change anything? Congress and the media. What was "obstructionist politics" will now become "trying to save the country from a radical ideologue".

A vote for Clinton is a vote for Clinton. It's a vote for everything she represents. It's an endorsement of everything that's wrong with politics in this country. And if you vote for Clinton, you are ignorant, stupid, gullible, [every other negative adjective I can think of], etc.

You watch too much TV.

I don't watch a minute of tv.
I just don't live in Kentucky. I just live in a place that is not majority white and I don't know a single person who is even thinking about voting trump.

Trumps rhetoric has earned him the status of anti-immigrant, and this does not play well among Hispanics or Asians. I work in a town that is almost 100% Mexican. They hate him. I live next to a town that is 95% Asian and I'm married into a Chinese family. I don't know a single person, other than my family in Kentucky, who is voting or him.
He is going to get crushed in every demographic but white male.

Apparently McCain privately thinks Trump being on the ticket will be the end of his political career.

So at least some good can come from this.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
So Mexicans in America are all for sending more factory work to Mexico, go figure!

The ones that have money and enjoy a lot of liberties that the others don't do not want the others to ruin their stay here.

I realize a lot of people are against him, as is every president. But a lot more are clearly for him.

Ruin their stay here?

That's the exact kind of rhetoric that trump espouses that has his unfavorable ratings so high.

The reason non whites will not vote for him is more about the way Trump speaks about immigrants than about his policies. He creates an us and they mentality, and everybody I know who is not white doesn't feel comfortable with that.

How does Trump speak about immigrants?

Most of the headlines I've seen have just dealt with illegal aliens and Obama trying to import a bunch of muslim refugees.

The ones that have money and enjoy a lot of liberties that the others don't do not want the others to ruin their stay here.

No, they're sending money back home to family who can't/won't leave, and to those that will leave when they can. They're sending money back to the avocado farms to help pay off cartels that extort them and their land. Thy support family and care a lot about family, and bettering their circumstances. In many ways, they're ideals are more American than our new "progressive views".

Problem is, per usual, we have no laws because we can't enforce them. That's our entire problem in a nutshell. We write checks our ass can't cash.

Also, my favorite thing about the Mexican stuff is how we will go halfway across the gd globe to "help" people, but we totally ignore Mexico. Why is that? If we care so much, why don't we go to Mexico and take care of the cartels/corruption? Help the Mexican people rebuild their beautiful country. Is that not what we as World Police are all about? Seems pretty gd simple. They don't hide. They don't run. They are our neighbors.

Ruin their stay here?

That's the exact kind of rhetoric that trump espouses that has his unfavorable ratings so high.

The reason non whites will not vote for him is more about the way Trump speaks about immigrants than about his policies. He creates an us and they mentality, and everybody I know who is not white doesn't feel comfortable with that.

Most of the headlines I've seen have just dealt with illegal aliens and Obama trying to import a bunch of muslim refugees.

Exactly. It's a subtle message the msm has continued to sell, and it's being gobbled up unknowingly by many.

I've even seen many charts that show the positive financial impact of immigrants, in an attempt to justify supporting illegal aliens.

Immigrants and illegal aliens are not the same. Period.

No, they're sending money back home to family who can't/won't leave, and to those that will leave when they can. They're sending money back to the avocado farms to help pay off cartels that extort them and their land. Thy support family and care a lot about family, and bettering their circumstances. In many ways, they're ideals are more American than our new "progressive views".

Problem is, per usual, we have no laws because we can't enforce them. That's our entire problem in a nutshell. We write checks our ass can't cash.

Also, my favorite thing about the Mexican stuff is how we will go halfway across the gd globe to "help" people, but we totally ignore Mexico. Why is that? If we care so much, why don't we go to Mexico and take care of the cartels/corruption? Help the Mexican people rebuild their beautiful country. Is that not what we as World Police are all about? Seems pretty gd simple. They don't hide. They don't run. They are our neighbors.

Then they'd lose all the illegals, soon to be amnestied, votes because they'd go home. Can't have that

Smh. It is illegal to hire illegals, smart guy. Learn fake paperwork. That's how it works, and it works real well because we do not have the time and resources to police those things. Plus, unless it's at theocal level, you can't hope to police these things. Just another consequence of big government.

People just will not grasp the idea that if illegals employers were jailed the problem would not exist. It's theatre folks.

I don't think anyone disagrees that people who employ illegal aliens should be punished.

Still doesn't change the fact we should stop the flood of illegals pouring across the border to become a burden on the American people and drop anchor babies to ensure future D votes.

Listen to how the man speaks. Don't just read headlines.

He constantly refers to Hispanics as "our friends" just before launching into how he's going to bring jobs back and "we are going to make America great again." It's subtle but it's there. To most of my friends and colleagues who aren't white and not in support of trump, they hear "let's make America great again" as "let's make America white again."

It doesn't help at all that trump proposed that Muslims need identification. Remember that? he is perceived as anti immigrant and it's going to be his downfall.

He constantly refers to Hispanics as "our friends" just before launching into how he's going to bring jobs back and "we are going to make America great again." It's subtle but it's there. To most of my friends and colleagues who aren't white and not in support of trump, they hear "let's make America great again" as "let's make America white again."

It doesn't help at all that trump proposed that Muslims need identification. Remember that? he is perceived as anti immigrant and it's going to be his downfall.

I definitely don't disagree that's the perception. But it's definitely not the reality. It's the nuanced narrative spoon fed by the msm. You bought it too, until we pointed it out.

Same reason msm labels trump a racist every opportunity. Because after saying it so often, it sticks with people who aren't paying attention. Eventually it's just accepted as truth.

I'd prefer not to waste my time listening to Trump speak.

I'm really surprised that you and your friends who don't support Trump have found away to find subtle anti legal immigration messages in his speeches. Typically lefties are much more open to listening to what people have to say and making reasoned judgments rather than jumping to conclusions. Or wait, it's the opposite and not surprising at all.

Lolllllllllllll

That's sad.

I cant believe people are ridiculing Trump's positions (at least those dictated by the mainstream media) while supporting the POS Clinton.

Have you libs looked at your own effin candidate?

Trump's shortcomings PALE in comparison to Clinton.

And BTW, can somebody list Clinton's accomplishments (other than being a world class liar)?

Today, I lean toward being a 'never trumper', however I submit that there are lots of 'never Hillary's out there among Bernie supporters. Gonna be really hard to figure this one out with polls IMO, people may decide very late this November.

People do realize that blacks, Mexicans and Latinos are voting for trump right? I mean the TV would have you believe otherwise but it's true!
krazy, there are exceptions to every rule. I recall Trump boasting about winning the Latino vote in NV...it is true that he won the Latino vote among the GOP candidates but 80+% of the Mexican/Latinos that voted, voted in the Democratic primary. He ended up getting what amounted to about 3% of that vote.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT