POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tried the "vote for Gary Johnson to get a third party challenger in the next election" last time. He ended up at what like 1% and needed 5%?

Considering I've moved since then and don't know exactly where my polling place is, I'm not going to waste the time this time to go get Gary Johnson to 1.5%.

This country is completely fvcked because there are people out there that will take the time to go get Trump and Clinton the other 98.5%.

From my point of view, it's no longer about trying to make the country better. There are too many stupid people to overcome. I'll just find a way to take advantage of those stupid people for my own benefit.

Exactly like Trump, Clinton and the rest of Washington. Except I'm not going to do it under the guise of public service.

From my point of view, it's no longer about trying to make the country better. There are too many stupid people to overcome. I'll just find a way to take advantage of those stupid people for my own benefit.

Wy8k_I.gif

Shot:
ukalum it's been a long time coming, but you and I were the only ones that took Trump seriously back in May/June - long before the Trump Train got a full head of steam. What a great campaign Trump has run. He has beat back every naysayer.
Chaser:
Yeah Jamo, Obama's approval level is over 50%. It's going to take a series of bad events to get everyone angry enough to elect Trump.
it's almost like you were pulling for him precisely because you knew he was the most obvious R that couldn't win. heh

Reactions: From-the-stands
That's not fair, they're chasing cheese. Anybody would risk a few broken limbs for cheese, imo.

The system is broke, but we continue to try and fix it by...doing the same damn thing :/, and the results keep getting worse and worse. That's lunacy. A generation will come along that loves this country enough to fight for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. We got a ways to fall before that happens. A long ways. Shit is still pretty damn wonderful, and we still very much believe in the system.

That's not fair, they're chasing cheese. Anybody would risk a few broken limbs for cheese, imo.

The system is broke, but we continue to try and fix it by...doing the same damn thing :/, and the results keep getting worse and worse. That's lunacy. A generation will come along that loves this country enough to fight for it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. We got a ways to fall before that happens. A long ways. Shit is still pretty damn wonderful, and we still very much believe in the system.

lemmings.gif

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Washington Post headline today:

“What Donald Trump wants to do to America.”

I'm certain they'll phrase it the same way when Hillary clinches. heh. The media will unleash it's own brand of Shock and Awe against Trump over the next few months - will be unlike anything we've seen IMO. He, at least, won't just take it like a lot of them. That party, anyway, should be entertaining....

USAToday:

"Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 13 percentage points nationally, according to a CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday. As both candidates look ahead to a November showdown, Clinton has a 54% to 41% advantage over Trump in a hypothetical matchup — her largest lead over Trump since July, according to the poll."

How many people secretly intend to vote for Trump for a poll to be wrong by 13%......This reminds me just a little of '08 and '12, when people dismissed polls on the basis of "no way America is going to elect Obama". But in those years, McCain and Romney were within striking distance at least. It's one thing if a guy is behind by 3 points to say you don't believe it.......

Reactions: jamo0001
Whoever had those recordings is probably already dead [laughing]

If not, theyre short timers. Thats for sure.

But it is racist to refer to those immigrants as "rapist" and "criminals" as is commonly done.
...and no "open door" policy exists for refugees. The refugees that have been admitted to date have gone through the most stringent vetting process ever for refugees. It has taken them on average 2 years to be granted permission to come.

Um no? If he said something about burritos or something, then yes. Thats why the accusation is so stupid.

Oh? Most stringent vetting process ever? You mean the same one where the government admitted they have no idea who these people are let alone their background? Ya....that made me feel so safe.

Washington Post headline today:

“What Donald Trump wants to do to America.”

I'm certain they'll phrase it the same way when Hillary clinches. heh. The media will unleash it's own brand of Shock and Awe against Trump over the next few months - will be unlike anything we've seen IMO. He, at least, won't just take it like a lot of them. That party, anyway, should be entertaining....

It really will be something to behold. It will go beyond anything we've ever seen, and itll do so by a longshot. Itll play a big part too. Because most anyone whos undecided will almost have to break towards Hillary. If theyve not heard enough to make them side with Trump yet, I dont think they will.

USAToday:

"Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 13 percentage points nationally, according to a CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday. As both candidates look ahead to a November showdown, Clinton has a 54% to 41% advantage over Trump in a hypothetical matchup — her largest lead over Trump since July, according to the poll."

How many people secretly intend to vote for Trump for a poll to be wrong by 13%......This reminds me just a little of '08 and '12, when people dismissed polls on the basis of "no way America is going to elect Obama". But in those years, McCain and Romney were within striking distance at least. It's one thing if a guy is behind by 3 points to say you don't believe it.......
The delicious irony is how many people decided to vote for him purely bc they thought he could take down Clinton.....yet he consistently performs worse among the general electorate than people like Rubio did.

Winning a GOP primary isn't a predictor for winning a general election.

The delicious irony is how many people decided to vote for him purely bc they thought he could take down Clinton.....yet he consistently performs worse among the general electorate than people like Rubio did.

Winning a GOP primary isn't a predictor for winning a general election.

Rubio blows, he wouldn't have any better of a chance in imo. The Republicans shit the bed in 2016. Now has to sleep in it for 4 years. Hopefully, in 2020 they will at least change the bed sheets.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
Rubio blows, he wouldn't have any better of a chance in imo. The Republicans shit the bed in 2016. Now has to sleep in it for 4 years. Hopefully, in 2020 they will at least change the bed sheets.

Yep. People can say all they want "TRUMP CANT WIN!!" - but who could? Any objective observer knew this would be uphill regardless thanks to the red carpet roll out Hillary will get. We all hoped Rubio wasnt some mechanical creation and could contend with her. But he was terrible.

Who then? Kasich couldnt win more than one state, his home, and that was a battle.

Its not as if GOP voters just ignored an obvious winner.

Reactions: JHB4UK and Willy4UK
Yep. People can say all they want "TRUMP CANT WIN!!" - but who could? Any objective observer knew this would be uphill regardless thanks to the red carpet roll out Hillary will get. We all hoped Rubio wasnt some mechanical creation and could contend with her. But he was terrible.

Who then? Kasich couldnt win more than one state, his home, and that was a battle.

Its not as if GOP voters just ignored an obvious winner.

Agreed, man. Just a shame.

NAFTA, NAFTA, and more NAFTA. Pound Hillary on NAFTA in the rust belt. Every American that thinks they don't have a job because of a Mexican is an automatic unwavering vote for Trump.

You don't have a job today because of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Your company left the United States because Hillary and Bill Clinton paved the way for them. You might not have a job tomorrow because of trade deals Hillary and Bill Clinton are responsible for. You cannot trust Hillary Clinton because she and her husband sold American workers down the river on globalist trade deals that benefited all her Wall Street friends. So now, while Hillary and Bill's Wall Street friends have done wonderful and gotten extremely rich off these disastrous trade deals, you and your families have been screwed. Now she is coming back and asking you for more?

Remember Ross Perot? Remember that "GIANT SUCKING SOUND" he warned us about? Hillary and Bill Clinton called him crazy. Said he didn't know what he was talking about and could never be President. Well they're saying the same thing about me now and guess what, they're going to do the same thing to YOU. Have you had enough, yet? Have you seen enough Clinton "free trade" here in the midwest? A vote for Hillary is a vote for Carrier Corporation and hundreds of other companies to cash in on Hillary and Bill's sweet deals and move out of the United States. If that's what you want then Hillary Clinton is your candidate. If you've had enough, if you want somebody to do something about it, then let the Clinton's know at the ballot box that you've had enough of her and Bill's "free trade deals" stealing American jobs!

Reactions: thabigbluenation
Today, I will probably stay home, unless Trump wins me over by announcing some decent cabinet members before hand.

That said, at this point, I think people who think Trump can't win in November, continue to underestimate him at their peril. He's confounded conventional wisdom so far. Odds are against him, but it could happen. Turnout will be a big deal. Hillary is a horrible candidate.

Reactions: fuzz77
The usual liberal position - declare someone is of low intelligence if they don't agree with you.

Next up is racist and/sex Istanbul. Followed closely by xenophobe, depending on the issue.

You lost focus right quick.

Recap:

You state Trump is eloquent, then were laughed at by multiple posters, and was given evidence that Trump is the least eloquent of all candidates in this election.

You then stated that he's purposefully being inarticulate in hopes to appeal to the lowest common denominator. You've refuted your own position.

This isn't about attacking a candidate's intelligence because I disagree with their positions. Cruz is a bright guy and was dancing circles around Trump in the debates, but he's also a deranged sociopath that I hope exits politics in the near future.

Last edited:
So someone succinctly tell me again why Hillary will so easily & convincingly dispatch Trump in the general when she demonstratively cannot and has not Bernie?
I don't think Hillary can beat Trump easily. Just wait til he starts hammering her like he did Jeb, Marco and Ted. It's going to be a tough slog.

like it or not, Trump has beaten unprecedented odds to win this nomination. Hillary can't put away Bernie. Jamo continues to point out polls and Trump continues to beat the odds. Polls said Conway was 9 points ahead of Bevin the damn day before the election. Many or most on here said 8 years ago that no way Obama could win, no matter what because well ya know. Hillary has little passionate support. yea the turnout may be smaller this time around but Trump's supporters are going to turn out in droves. Working class voters will vote for Trump in huge numbers like Z pointed out, NAFTA. the demographics will not work in Hillary's favor no where near the way and with the numbers like it did for Obama. African Americans aren't going to show up even close to what they did for Obama for her. and if Trump picks Carson as a running mate, then what? women, many of which don't like Hillary aren't going to show up for her like they did Obama either. this thing is going be interesting like nothing we have seen for sure.

Reactions: ram1955 and P19978
USAToday:

Any polls on a general election still 6 months away are worthless...especially this year. Until October the polls will be meaningless.

Agree Fuzz. Conventions, debates, media coverage, current events, will tell the tale. This is May.

[laughing]

Is there a single soul on this board who would take a bet straight-up on Trump v Hillary?

like it or not, Trump has beaten unprecedented odds to win this nomination. Hillary can't put away Bernie. Jamo continues to point out polls and Trump continues to beat the odds. Polls said Conway was 9 points ahead of Bevin the damn day before the election. Many or most on here said 8 years ago that no way Obama could win, no matter what because well ya know. Hillary has little passionate support. yea the turnout may be smaller this time around but Trump's supporters are going to turn out in droves. Working class voters will vote for Trump in huge numbers like Z pointed out, NAFTA. the demographics will not work in Hillary's favor no where near the way and with the numbers like it did for Obama. African Americans aren't going to show up even close to what they did for Obama for her. and if Trump picks Carson as a running mate, then what? women, many of which don't like Hillary aren't going to show up for her like they did Obama either. this thing is going be interesting like nothing we have seen for sure.
A whole lot of hocus pocus, not much substantive data.

Bevin v Conway is apples/oranges. There was hardly any sound data for that race, and definitely nothing that compares to what's available for a general POTUS election.

While trump beating Hillary isn't impossible, it's certainly not substantiated by any significant amount of facts, while the opposite result is supported by a mountain of data.

Good chance you are right jamo. However, is it reasonable to say that, at a minimum, that New York is in play for Trump? There may be some electoral shakeup with Trump as the GOP nominee, both good and bad.

Good chance you are right jamo. However, is it reasonable to say that, at a minimum, that New York is in play for Trump? There may be some electoral shakeup with Trump as the GOP nominee, both good and bad.
No. NY is not in play.

NAFTA, NAFTA, and more NAFTA. Pound Hillary on NAFTA in the rust belt. Every American that thinks they don't have a job because of a Mexican is an automatic unwavering vote for Trump.

You don't have a job today because of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Your company left the United States because Hillary and Bill Clinton paved the way for them. You might not have a job tomorrow because of trade deals Hillary and Bill Clinton are responsible for. You cannot trust Hillary Clinton because she and her husband sold American workers down the river on globalist trade deals that benefited all her Wall Street friends. So now, while Hillary and Bill's Wall Street friends have done wonderful and gotten extremely rich off these disastrous trade deals, you and your families have been screwed. Now she is coming back and asking you for more?

Remember Ross Perot? Remember that "GIANT SUCKING SOUND" he warned us about? Hillary and Bill Clinton called him crazy. Said he didn't know what he was talking about and could never be President. Well they're saying the same thing about me now and guess what, they're going to do the same thing to YOU. Have you had enough, yet? Have you seen enough Clinton "free trade" here in the midwest? A vote for Hillary is a vote for Carrier Corporation and hundreds of other companies to cash in on Hillary and Bill's sweet deals and move out of the United States. If that's what you want then Hillary Clinton is your candidate. If you've had enough, if you want somebody to do something about it, then let the Clinton's know at the ballot box that you've had enough of her and Bill's "free trade deals" stealing American jobs!

Don't blame me. I voted for Perot. Even a simpleton like myself could see back then that if we just stood back and let our factories close up and go to Mexico and overseas it wouldn't be a good thing.

So someone succinctly tell me again why Hillary will so easily & convincingly dispatch Trump in the general when she demonstratively cannot and has not Bernie?
See Gallup unfavorable ratings. Trumps is around 60%, highest in modern history; Bernie's is at 30%, a little low for a politician. IOW, right now she's facing someone who's not really unpopular, and in the fall she'll be facing someone who is historically unpopular....

Reactions: jamo0001
Here's the worst case scenario. Hillary wins. Got 4 more years to come up with a better candidate to push against her in 2020. It really doesn't help to have Trump win, because he'll run again for a 2nd term. Bitch and moan through 4 years of Hillary and find a better candidate to beat her. Learn from the misktake. America doesn't want some whacko evangelical candidate. Those days are over. They had a good run in the 80s and 90s. But the world is passing those folks up. Either make some changes to the party or get 4 more years of Hillary in 2020.

Reactions: drawing_dead
See Gallup unfavorable ratings. Trumps is around 60%, highest in modern history; Bernie's is at 30%, a little low for a politician. IOW, right now she's facing someone who's not really unpopular, and in the fall she'll be facing someone who is historically unpopular....
Also, Trump's unfavorability ratings are absurdly high among the demographics that are most crucial for him to win (Latinos and suburban white women). Hillary's are high among demographics that either she was never gonna win in the first place (evangelicals) or those who aren't gonna flip to the GOP regardless (Sanders/Warren constituency)

Here's the worst case scenario. Hillary wins. Got 4 more years to come up with a better candidate to push against her in 2020. It really doesn't help to have Trump win, because he'll run again for a 2nd term. Bitch and moan through 4 years of Hillary and find a better candidate to beat her. Learn from the misktake. America doesn't want some whacko evangelical candidate. Those days are over. They had a good run in the 80s and 90s. But the world is passing those folks up. Either make some changes to the party or get 4 more years of Hillary in 2020.

Hillary will be in office for 8 years. I highly doubt a Republican will ever win office again if they don't take this one. The Dems will give citizenship to every third world rat imaginable to stay in power from here on out.

This place is headed for some dark times. Spineless out of touch Republicans have let us be taken over by radical leftists. The left has so much control and owns our media and schools. We're dying out, brother. These ideologues are going to finish us off. I wouldn't give a shit but I've got two little kids and I don't want them to be subjected to these nuts that have taken the greatest country in the world and ruined it.

Some serious changes need to happen for us to have a chance. First, fix the border/illegal issue. Gotta stop automatic citizenship anchor baby crap.

Second, we have to drop the social issues. The left only runs on GD social issues. That and they promise free shit constantly. So no more Ted Cruz' and talks about abortion or gays. No more. We have to wake up and stop getting played.

In NY primary Bernie received more votes than Trump and Kasich combined and he was defeated by over 250K votes by HRC.
Michigan could possibly be put in play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT