POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me the notion of trump being a moderate Democrat is to point out the hypocrisy of the left; and the right to an extent.

He's almost identical to bill Clinton's actual political views (minus selling us out on nafta). Yet each side views trump in exactly the opposite way. This is most notable in the Dem party because they act as if he's Hitler while worshipping Clinton
Hot take:

Trump leaves the Repub party and runs as a DEMOCRAT in 2020 without changing a single policy position. He could wipe out the liberal wing of the party.

I'd still vote for him.

Yeah, I know its not gonna happen... but, man, would heads explode.

So do you guys all hate Mattis now?

Can’t wait for the tweet from Trump that says he’s a loser and was no good at his job.

Hitler and the Nazis were right wing.

48403765_10100246496431364_925902963703021568_n.jpg

Correct. You simply ride the fence.

I don't fault you for having a different opinion. I fault you for showing up like a kid with a wet GD blanket with that same, tired ass narrative every, single, time anybody posts anything counter to your opinion on the matter.

Sorry, but that bullshit is tiring enough from my teenagers... and it only goes to bear out my words here...

Dude just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Bill has always been consistent in his views and he doesn't blindly worship politicians just because they have an R by their name. This is how we all should be. You need to move on because you are making yourself look foolish in this argument with Bill.

Can’t wait for the tweet from Trump that says he’s a loser and was no good at his job.
droopy-eyed loser...

I trust Mathis more than DT, waiting to see who else was involved.

No, I like Mattis, Trump isn’t going to send out a tweet like that as he respects Mattis too.

Trump gave them 16 months to get Afghanistan in a better spot, when he didn’t want to.
2000 troops in Syria isn’t changing anything, we’ll still be in Iraq. We’ll still provide air support for the Kurds.
If I were Trump, I’d pardon Petraeus and find someway to get him in that seat. China is the threat, moreso than terrorism. Petraeus needs to be involved.

I guess the big question that needs to be answered today is: Does the Senate pass the bill as presented from the House, and Trump gets $5B for the wall, or do the Democrats take a stand and refuse to approve a bill that causes the government to shut down?

Reactions: screwduke1
To me the notion of trump being a moderate Democrat is to point out the hypocrisy of the left; and the right to an extent.

He's almost identical to bill Clinton's actual political views (minus selling us out on nafta). Yet each side views trump in exactly the opposite way. This is most notable in the Dem party because they act as if he's Hitler while worshipping Clinton
I'd say hes more of an old school democrat. Hes like the JFK of our times IMO. A moderate dem isn't a bad description but moderate dems of today don't even exist, so I'd call him an old school dem. Which is pretty damn good too.

I guess the big question that needs to be answered today is: Does the Senate pass the bill as presented from the House, and Trump gets $5B for the wall, or do the Democrats take a stand and refuse to approve a bill that causes the government to shut down?
They are conferring with the media to settle on the buzz words to use to blame the GOP.

They'll approve it, late tonight. Long holiday weekend, followed by another holiday weekend.

Ok. Merry effin' Christmas to all US citizens (NOT the canadian)
Also, Merry Effin' Christmas to all you Misguided Effin' Liberals out there, my Christmas wish is that Santa gift you the ability to think and reason for yourselves, that the veil be lifted from your eyes and the shackles be removed from your thought.

Your boy was on national television saying HE would be responsible and would not blame the Democrats. Said he'd own it.

Are you guys serious right now?

Your boy was on national television saying HE would be responsible and would not blame the Democrats. Said he'd own it.

Did you miss the part where Pelosi and Schumer said he didn’t have the votes in the House?
The bill passed the House, if the senate votes it down it’ll be the Dems. So who is holding up the govt?
It didn’t matter, they’re gonna pass it.

Reactions: vhcat70 and mdlUK.1
How do the Dems sell that to their constituency? How do they save face? Do they just emulate Obama's line in the sand and act like they didn't throw down the gauntlet?

People have short memories. They don’t care about the wall, it’s about keeping Trump from succeeding. The next 10 days will be preoccupied for most people.

It’s along time until another election comes around.

I'd give Trump credit for shutting the government down in order to take a stand against illegal immigration, and to stop the southern invasion.

Why would I give Democrats credit for that?

Reactions: screwduke1
Trump has been saying for like 2 years that he was only in Syria to defeat Isis. I think his stance and case was about as clear as it could've been.

I think a statement behind the desk in the Oval Office is powerful optics.

Tell the networks and cable news you have a military/national security statement to make at 8 pm. Occasionally you got to remind those motherf—kers who the Commander in Chief is. You own all those channels on prime time for as long as you want.

Does anyone outside of Washington give half a shit whether or not the government "shuts down"?

It's not like Trump is going to use the Obama method of stopping Social Security payments or shit like that to try and kill people.

That's where the buck would stop IF the last thing that happened was Trump was presented with the bill to fund the government without funding for the wall, and Trump vetoed it. He owned being the roadblock to obtain funding for the wall. However, since that happened, we NOW have a bill approved by the House that funds the government AND the wall, which Trump would sign into law if presented. If the Senate Dems don't approve it, they are left holding the bag. That's the clear optics on this, if you are being objective.

Also, I detest the "Your boy" fanboi BS, has no place in rational political discussion, keep that sh!t in your Star Trek/Star Wars or android/iphone petty p!ssing matches.

Reactions: augustaky1
That's where the buck would stop IF the last thing that happened was Trump was presented with the bill to fund the government without funding for the wall, and Trump vetoed it. He owned being the roadblock to obtain funding for the wall. However, since that happened, we NOW have a bill approved by the House that funds the government AND the wall, which Trump would sign into law if presented. If the Senate Dems don't approve it, they are left holding the bag. That's the clear optics on this, if you are being objective.

Also, I detest the "Your boy" fanboi BS, has no place in rational political discussion, keep that sh!t in your Star Trek/Star Wars or android/iphone petty p!ssing matches.
The senate already passed a funding bill without the wall money Trump could sign. If TRump doesn't approve it he is left holding the bag. See how that argument works? Trump has no leverage to negotiate with so in the end it will be his fault and he already went on TV and said it was all his fault. You think he's going to get a better deal by holding out and waiting until he loses the House? the next deal will have amnesty attached to it and medicare for all and require all white males to get homo married.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT