POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gotta go with Mitch here. Grassley, as was observed at the hearing, is just a short step from senility. Merrick Garland was stopped because the Repubs had the power to do it. If they have the power to push one of their guys through in 2019 they should do it. We are at war with libs and all is fair.

Heller of Nevada up 2-3 points in two recent polls.
Martha McSally up 6 points in today's poll.

Blue wave is coming!!!!

Those are the best two dem pick up opportunities. If they lose both, the GOP will pick up enough seats so that Collins' and Murkowski's votes are not needed in the Senate.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I wonder if these people really believe those things? Like, your average woman in an average town is afraid to leave the house at night? Idk, I'm not a woman, but the wife is afraid of her own shadow and she used to walk about half a mile to a bus stop under an overpass which doubled as a massive homeless encampment at 5:30 in the morning. Never seemed to bother her too much.

Also, men are roughly a billion times more likely to be the victim of a random assault than a woman. BUT MUH NARRATIVE

^ Same idiots are like, “Refugees welcome” and “Build bridges not walls.”

Reactions: IdaCat
FiveThirtyEight (for whatever they're worth) shows roughly the same percentage chance as Dems taking the Senate by a single seat as Republicans picking up 3 additional seats.

The GOP candidates are at least within the margin of error in every contested Senate race and surging. If they clean sweep the toss up states, beer and pizza on me

Why the hell would any sane person go to Portland these days??

Check out @AMike4761’s Tweet:

Leftist crap holes are like a completely different country.

We want to talk about coexisting? How do you coexist with this group? The left is radical and they have mayors and higher politicians who encourage it and a police force who will not protect you.

These same asshats are for gun control.

Gotta go with Mitch here. Grassley, as was observed at the hearing, is just a short step from senility. Merrick Garland was stopped because the Repubs had the power to do it. If they have the power to push one of their guys through in 2019 they should do it. We are at war with libs and all is fair.

The 2020/2016 argument is a bit different here. Obama was leaving in less than a year. Trump has only served one term.

Dems will try to stack the court when they win.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
DpGzHKuXcAE6eH6.jpg

If Trump wants some free advice: If the GOP wins big in the midterms, threaten the Dems that he is going to pack the court unless they agree to amend the Constitution to say only 9 justices can serve at once and appointments are for life. May not work, but might be worth a shot.

If you’re keeping score at home, when Democrats all work together to go after someone that’s a Republican and all have the same talking points despite no evidence and also have connections to people like Soros and the DNC swamp, it’s NOT PARTISAN!

If Republicans ever go after someone for breaking the law or actually holding someone accountable, then it’s partisan.

Democrats accusing Kavanaugh of rape and not wanting him on the SCOTUS isn’t partisan. Kavanaugh gets angry at the Dems who orchestrated it is partisan.

Leftist logic.
This woman is the ring leader of the evilness of the Democrat Party. She has been like this all of her adult life. SMH at people who support her.

This woman is the ring leader of the evilness of the Democrat Party. She has been like this all of her adult life. SMH at people who support her.

Pure evil, man. She and her husband have been able to operate like mob bosses. The amount of bodies that stack up around them and the crimes they get away with are astronomical.

One of the most heroic things this country’s citizens ever did didn’t require a single shot or physical battle- it was voting against this monster.

I wonder if these people really believe those things? Like, your average woman in an average town is afraid to leave the house at night? Idk, I'm not a woman, but the wife is afraid of her own shadow and she used to walk about half a mile to a bus stop under an overpass which doubled as a massive homeless encampment at 5:30 in the morning. Never seemed to bother her too much.

Also, men are roughly a billion times more likely to be the victim of a random assault than a woman. BUT MUH NARRATIVE

If anything that would be the one thing she mentioned that I could understand, its much easier for a man to overpower a woman than a man. But then that kind of makes a great point of why conceal and carry can be a great thing for women.

But the majority of the things she said was beyond stupid.
"I cant go out and wear my mini skirt if its the only one I own?" What the hell?

"I cant open a window if Im home alone" Why not? Are you a child?

"I cant live on the 1st floor of an apartment building" I used to live on the 1st floor of an apartment complex with my gf, my neighbor was a female and I would leave and come back and she would have the windows opened.

"I cant go to the bar without a chaperone" Are you a muslim? Ive seen girls at the bar without a chaperone.

"I cant leave my drink unattended" Ya you shouldnt, guys shouldnt either.

Basically every line in this thing is laughably bad.

Last edited:
FiveThirtyEight (for whatever they're worth) shows roughly the same percentage chance as Dems taking the Senate by a single seat as Republicans picking up 3 additional seats.

The GOP candidates are at least within the margin of error in every contested Senate race and surging. If they clean sweep the toss up states, beer and pizza on me
Get out the vote is extremely important this year. I have voted and now I can concentrate on getting friends and people who think like me politically to VOTE. VOTE.

This is how you get more Trump. I know if you think Trump is Hitler, that there can't possibly be anything positive to say about Hitler, that 90+% negative coverage is actually better than he deserves.....I know if you believe all that this makes all the sense in the world. But to the majority of people, it doesn't make sense...

"Between June 1 and September 30, mainstream media TV networks obsessed over negative stories about President Donald Trump and his administration, while almost entirely ignoring the good news about the booming Trump economy.

Coverage of Trump from ABC, CBS, and NBC was 92 percent negative, according to a Media Research Center (MRC) analysis. Even worse, the booming Trump economy received less than one percent of air time on these three networks.

The networks dedicated 342 minutes to the Russia "collusion" investigation, with coverage that was 97 percent negative on Trump. They spent 308 minutes discussing immigration policies, with 94 percent of that coverage negative. They spend 291 minutes on the Supreme Court battle over Brett Kavanaugh, 82 percent negative. The networks gave 179 minutes to the diplomacy with North Korea, 90 percent negative. They spent 151 minutes discussing Trump's relations with Vladimir Putin's Russia, 99 percent negative.

"Amid this sea of coverage, the networks spent almost no airtime — a mere 14 minutes, or 0.7 percent — on the administration’s economic achievements, including the positive effects of the tax cuts and deregulation, plus historic job growth," MRC's Rich Noyes reported. "Indeed, the only aspect of the Trump economic program that interested the networks during the past four months has been the President’s use of tariffs to push for better trade deals (80 minutes)."

Kavanaugh Killed the ‘Never Trump’ Movement

Resistance is futile. Long on life-support, the Never Trump “resistance” movement within the Republican Party was finished off by the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation fight.

Consider the dichotomy that has emerged in the last week: We saw people like Erick Erickson, who once wrote a piece headlined “I Will Not Vote For Donald Trump. Ever,” suggesting they will vote for Trump in 2020. The Kavanaugh hearing essentially radicalized Never Trumpers. Some—as part of the GOP base’s backlash against the left’s attacks—are coming home and supporting Trump. This process has been going on for a long time, but one gets the sense that the fight over Kavanaugh was the end of the road.

Where you stand on this probably depends on where you sit. Personally, I see the group who submitted to their Trumpy fate as making an understandable submission to the inexorable forces of tribalism and partisanship. Consider Erickson’s plight. If you are a conservative, you, too, might well be repelled by the left’s behavior last week.

As Erickson writes, “Trump is neither an ambassador for my values nor the articulate champion of my principles I would prefer. But he is a safe harbor in a progressive storm that seeks to both destroy my values and upend our constitutional republic.”

Even if you don’t like Donald Trump, seeing Ted Cruz get chased out of a restaurant by an angry mob—or watching protesters scold and lecture normal Republicans like Susan Collins and Jeff Flake—can spark an expected backlash. (Note to liberals on Twitter: The proliferation of comments like: “Don’t let any Republican politician have any comfort. Chase them out of restaurants. Picket in front of their houses. Shame them!” is counterproductive.)

When under attack, you circle the wagons. This is an understandable emotional response, but there is also a somewhat rational explanation:simple acceptance. As Ben Shapiro (a former Never Trumper who says he’s “more apt” to vote for Trump in 2020) told me a while back, most of the damage Trump could do (to the party'sbrand and the social fabric of America) has already been done. It’s water under the bridge. If you’re going to suffer the downside of Trump, why not reap the benefits?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
My Lord Shephard Smith is the worst. Talk about a POS media person who sensationalizes everything. Would think this Hurricane was going to sink the state of FL into the ocean. About as bad as his Trump hate on a daily basis.

Reactions: ManitouDan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT