POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The EO is brilliant bait. left will challenge it and win. Proving him right again.

It's always the exceptions that are the problem.

Everyone decried the poison Skittle analogy. But it was dead on.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article213509169.html

Bevins pension bill has been declared unconstitutional so back to square one on that issue now.

Good. Then they can all go down with the ship rather than work with the only politician brave enough to take it on.

The little teacher hissy fit instigated by the nea cost the left alot of ground in ky. Evidenced by the historical decline of registered Dems

Just dropped in the see how the russian bots and deplorables were trying to spin Trump caving to a seriously stupid thing that was renounced by nearly everyone on the planet except the degenerates that sip on his anus.

Just dropped in the see how the russian bots and deplorables were trying to spin Trump caving to a seriously stupid thing that was renounced by nearly everyone on the planet except the degenerates that sip on his anus.
You do realize that two immigration groups have already threatened to file suit against his Executive Order, don't you? Do you guys not know how government works? The president cannot create new law via Executive Order.

The law says children can't be detained, even with their parents, for longer than 20 days. Trump's Executive Order says children can be detained with their parents as long as necessary. That's creating new law. That's unconstitutional. It'll never survive. Congress must change the law.

Former British spy Christopher Steele visited the State Department in October 2016 and briefed officials there about his work on the infamous anti-Trump dossier, it was revealed on Wednesday.

“Based upon our review of the visitor logs at the State Department, Mr. Steele visited the State Department, briefing officials on the dossier in October 2016,” Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr said during a hearing held to review the U.S. government’s response to Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

The settlement says nothing about requiring children to be separated from their families at the border. That was Trump's choice.

This is so easy to comprehend that I'm still confused how you fail to grasp it, so I'll try to break it down.

The Flores settlement says that children can't be detained for longer than 20 days, even if it is with their parents. That is the law.

The parents who illegally cross the border are being detained and prosecuted for breaking federal immigration law or, for the credible claims, granted asylum hearings.

Prosecution and asylum hearings take longer than 20 days to play out, so obviously the parents are detained for longer than 20 days. Which means that, by law, the children must be released from detention after 20 days. Which also means that, as a result of said law, since 20 days have passed and the parents are still currently detained awaiting their court date, their children are not legally allowed to stay in detention with them.

The only way not to separate them is catch and release. That means ignore immigration laws, go by the honor system, release the parents and the children together after 20 days with a court date and pray the parents show up to court.

Not sure if you're aware, but only like 10% are honest and show up to their immigration hearings. Most disappear into the country, never to be heard from again. That's not sustainable. That's quasi open borders. Ignoring the law, catch and release, open borders, whatever you want to call it, is not an option for this administration, nor should it be an option for the country, period.

Last edited:
The orange monkey figured out pics of crying babies is bad politics. Lying sack of human filth.

This is so easy to comprehend that I'm still confused how you fail to grasp it, so I'll try to break it down.

The Flores settlement says that children can't be detained for longer than 20 days, even if it is with their parents. That is the law.

The parents who illegally cross the border are being detained and prosecuted for breaking federal immigration law or, for the credible claims, granted asylum hearings.

Prosecution and asylum hearings take longer than 20 days to play out, so obviously the parents are detained for longer than 20 days. Which means that, by law, the children must be released from detention after 20 days. Which also means that, by default of said law, since 20 days have passed and the parents are still currently detained awaiting their court date, their children are not legally allowed to stay in detention with them.

The only way not to separate them is catch and release. That means ignore immigration laws, go by the honor system, release the parents and the children together after 20 days with a court date and pray the parents show up to court.

Not sure if you're aware, but only like 10% are honest and show up to their immigration hearings. Most disappear into the country, never to be heard from again. That's not sustainable. That's quasi open borders. Ignoring the law, catch and release, open borders, whatever you want to call it, is not an option for this administration, nor should it be an option for the country, period.
I thought I saw ~24% but your point is still valid.

My question is if these families are truly seeking asylum, why are they coming across illegally? Can't they go to a border crossing and state their case? I can't imagine Border Agents separating families in those cases.

If I have the above wrong I'm willing to be enlightened.

I thought I saw ~24% but your point is still valid.

My question is if these families are truly seeking asylum, why are they coming across illegally? Can't they go to a border crossing and state their case? I can't imagine Border Agents separating families in those cases.

If I have the above wrong I'm willing to be enlightened.
because that is exactly what is happening. Trump's zero tolerance policy means asylum seekers are also being locked up.

The orange monkey figured out pics of crying babies is bad politics. Lying sack of human filth.
If it's bad politics then why are the Democrats refusing to help change the law and are hoping for more pics of crying babies? Trump's Executive Order solves nothing. Congress must change the law allowing children to be detained for longer than 20 days with their parents. Democrats don't even want that, though. They want everyone released, parents and children. A free for all at the border.

Reactions: Phil_The_Music

You're absolutely correct. Those who go to port of entries on the Mexican side of the border and claim asylum are not separated and prosecuted unless the adults are an illegal reentry, make a false claim or have no relationship to the child. Why they're choosing to illegally cross the border between the ports of entry? I have no idea.

I heard a Border Patrol agent make the claim that the cartels are behind a lot of it. They purposely guide the people they're smuggling to do it illegally because it bogs down the Border Patrol, stretches their resources thin and diverts their attention from the drug smuggling.

that's only how America has worked for 250 years
Not really but in your simple world I can how you want it to be true. In 2018 with entitlements out of control, terrorism, the drug trade, wages and housing for the poor being suppressed, inner city school crowded, etc...it is incredibly stupid to have your borders be open and only a POS DNC whore would think differently. Oh hey, that's you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT