POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would not underestimate Marco.If you take away Jeb he's pretty close down here in SC.I really think he will take Trump in Florida and if Cruz cant beat Trump HERE than he he cant beat Trump at all.

Rubio sucks and is secretly gay and he's a robot.

He won't win Florida. He doesn't even show up on the job as a senator. I wish we could tie Rubio up to a post and let people pee on him. I would go on a 24 hour water diet just to prepare for it.

I am as conservative as they come, but this election is less about social policies then it is about the sovereignty of this nation. Trump is serious about stopping illegal immigration and he is not doing this to get rich. He will not sell this country down the river like the Dems and the GOP establishment have been doing for years.

People say he will go left but they are the same people that think a Rino would be a good next president.

This country needs a brash, hard ass when it comes to dealing with immigration, terrorists and other foreign entities.

There is no reason why this nation cannot be the economic juggernaut it used to be or even better, but you have to have a clue of what you are doing to do that and no one knows more about economics then the Donald. He will get rid of some of the bureaucratic regulations that are strangling the economy.
The Dems will try to steal and cheat their way back to the White House, but if Trump wins he will probably go after the criminals of the current administration. It will be sweet when they slap the handcuffs on Hillary and Lois Lerner.
I think you are right that he will move left of where he is now. That is not such a bad idea in trying to work with all sides of this country. Only problem I see is that he is childish in the sense that when people oppose him he is very vindictive about his response. Perhaps even more so than Obama. Obama has been the worst president we have had since I have been alive. We are more divided now than we have been in years because of his inability or unwillingness to work with or for half of this nation. Obama's sole purpose has been to put his policies in place and Damn anyone who opposes his agenda.

One other thing about Trump, I don't think he is the racist some on here are saying (usual response of the left when they disagree about anything). Trump in my opinion is an elitist similar to most rich people and politicians. I truly believe he really thinks he can make things better because of who he is.

Reactions: ram1955
I think you are right that he will move left of where he is now. That is not such a bad idea in trying to work with all sides of this country. Only problem I see is that he is childish in the sense that when people oppose him he is very vindictive about his response. Perhaps even more so than Obama. Obama has been the worst president we have had since I have been alive. We are more divided now than we have been in years because of his inability or unwillingness to work with or for half of this nation. Obama's sole purpose has been to put his policies in place and Damn anyone who opposes his agenda.

One other thing about Trump, I don't think he is the racist some on here are saying (usual response of the left when they disagree about anything). Trump in my opinion is an elitist similar to most rich people and politicians. I truly believe he really thinks he can make things better because of who he is.

Well, we do need people who will work together. This country is so effed right now because everything turns into a pissing contest about the letter beside your name.

In regards to referencing Obama's being a bully to anyone who opposes him, I agree but we do need a guy who doesn't just let the left do whatever the hell they want like we've seen Obama do but also an actual president who doesn't just constantly blame an entire party for every failure and try to divide us.

Just getting in the typical politician will not change anything and if Republicans are pissed about this then they can look no further than the d-bags who didn't do what they were supposed to do and sold us out.

Rubio has an appearance this afternoon about 10 minutes from my house, so I signed up to see what a political rally is all about. Doesn't mean he has my vote, just thought it would be interesting to see the spectacle.

Yet they don't like being scoffed at when they label themselves centrists, moderates, hates both parties, etc. Grown men cheerleading and lying is mesmerizing to me.
They are as corrupt minded as their party and leaders.

He won't win Florida. He doesn't even show up on the job as a senator. I wish we could tie Rubio up to a post and let people pee on him. I would go on a 24 hour water diet just to prepare for it.
I cant stand Cruz, but unlike Rubio's chances in FL, I believe he may win Texas.

Reactions: From-the-stands
I have no problem with us being involved in conflicts, but in those cases where it's a matter of civil war, our role should be to secure their borders to keep other nations from getting involved, then let the parties figure out their own problems.

Why? Let them handle it. We've expended too many lives and resources being involved policing the world.

I thought this was the Republican strategy.

Republican Party is full of a bunch of scared pussies. Only reason Trump is winning. Republicans are scared to death and for some reason they think the guy who has never probably held a gun in his life, never been in a fight in his life, is gonna save them from the scary mooslims

Lol

But with Jeb dropping out he will pick up the most of his supporters.

I agree. Only problem is, Jeb barely has supporters. So that alone wont be enough.

Trump has a hard ceiling, and it's less than 50%. If Cruz or Kasich or Rubio can get the race to one on one before Trump wraps it up, they will beat him. If they can't, they won't.

I do agree with that. It will be interesting to see if he can prove everyone wrong on this assumption. Hes proved everything else wrong.

LOL. I posted about this earlier today. Trump is a New York Liberal at heart. He is saying what he has to say to get through a Republican Primary. When the convention is over he will be to the left of Hillary faster than you can say "tax credit". He'll be leading Black Lives Matter protests and calling HIllary a racist while he gets arrested at the border while loudly shouting "GO BACK TO AMERICA, GRINGOS!"

Trump will say what needs to be said at any given moment. He is not even in the slightest bound by anything. Whatever is convenient, that's what he believes in. Wait till you catch his general election act.

Remove the names, and the description perfectly fits Hillary. Now, I do think Trump is flexible with his positions. But I also have a certain level of respect for someone spending this much of their own money to run for president.

Trump will put you on public blast if you oppose something he wants done. If he gets the people behind him then he will steamroll those that oppose him. He will be better at getting what he wants than any president we've ever seen. There will be a fence, Mexico will pay for it, our relations with Russia and China are instantly better, our military morale sky rockets because troops love guys that talk like Trump does...

Look folks, there is a helluva lot to like about a potential Trump presidency. Even us on the left will get something as Trump is not going to give two craps about religious social policy, as Willy or whoever said above, he is going to zero in on the big stuff and he will work with everybody as he essentially has no party.

Conservatives and Liberals alike should think long and hard about what a Trump presidency might actually look like because it could possibly be the best answer we have right now.

tumblr_ns5yfgWfPx1rxpsuuo1_1280.jpg

How disgraced is the Bush family after Jeb's poor finish in South Carolina? Jeb! brings out half the family to campaign with him, including his dear mother and the former president and first lady - meanwhile Trump is flat out calling W a liar for his weapons of mass destruction claim, and holding him accountable for 9-11 happening on his watch.

And after South Carolina voters have a chance to hear both sides they give Trump almost 200,000 votes more than Jeb! the poor sap.

Jeb (according to the "W" movie) has always been the family favorite, too. The do gooder mommy and daddy loved while GWB was the black sheep misfit. I bet that sticks in their craw that Jeb was rejected so profoundly to have all the money in the world and not even be able to get past South Carolina... which is coincidentally the state the GWB campaign took out John McCain in with their black baby love child black ops campaign. Pure poetic justice and karma at work there.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Just wait. There's a Hispanic George Bush lurking in the shadows....

Prolly was HW's plan all along. He put a gun to Jeb!'s head and forced him to marry that Hispanic broad to get another future Bush in office.

And asparagus.

Conservatives and Liberals alike should think long and hard about what a Trump presidency might actually look like because it could possibly be the best answer we have right now.

I was in Minnesota for Jessie Ventura. He had some good stuff, like offering to provide the government mansion for the parties to finish a budget in time and rejecting the cries of both Rs and Ds to extend the session to do their jobs (extension would cost taxpayer money to fund). Or addressing the ridiculous license plate taxes. He said things that were common sense (even his stuff on prostitutes). But in the end he was a net negative. I think everyone here vastly overestimates the ability of the executive to get things done while being functionally independent. And I see Trump like another Ventura - refreshing rhetoric that just ends up alienating himself after a year or two. And if anyone really thinks that he can get Mexico to pay for a wall... just no.

^ Even if we have to pay for a wall, it'd be a bargain compared to what it costs to keep these people up.

And if anyone really thinks that he can get Mexico to pay for a wall... just no.
You guys needs to be more active listeners. Trump tipped his hand by tying his statements to Mexico's debt to the US to his claim that he will make Mexico pay for the wall. Clearly he is intending to use that debt to build the wall.

The more closely I watch him the more I see and appreciate his nuance and his way of thinking. There is a method to his madness if you look closely enough.

Trump will bring people together like Obama has brought Syria, Iran, and Russia together.

Maybe not, but he won't continue down the same path that as added 10 trillion dollars to our national debt either.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingOfBBN
Just wait. There's a Hispanic George Bush lurking in the shadows....

Prolly was HW's plan all along. He put a gun to Jeb!'s head and forced him to marry that Hispanic broad to get another future Bush in office.
"Yo quiero la casa blanca, mother touchers." *heh heh*

Rubio - by elimination
Kasich
Bourbon

Luckily it will be over before KY votes so I can not vote without feeling guilty.
It is pretty amazing how two years ago all of us were talking about how the GOP had a deep bullpen of qualified and like able candidates for this year, while the democrats had Hillary, Biden, then nobody.

Fast forward to today and primary voters have managed to run off qualified/accomplished governor after governor.

Walker. Jeb!. Christie. Kasich next.

And for whom? A loud-mouthed NY liberal without an ounce of credibility/experience and a universally disliked, hard-right, first-term senator who wouldn't break 180 electoral votes.

Incredible.

Reactions: qwesley
It is pretty amazing how two years ago all of us were talking about how the GOP had a deep bullpen of qualified and like able candidates for this year, while the democrats had Hillary, Biden, then nobody.

Fast forward to today and primary voters have managed to run off qualified/accomplished governor after governor.

And for whom? A loud-mouthed NY liberal without an ounce of credibility/experience and a universally disliked, hard-right, first-term senator who wouldn't break 180 electoral votes.

Incredible.

I understand the anger and wanting a fighter but there has to some substance. Walker had a history of fighting hysterical bully liberals....with intellect and strategy. Trump just took all the attention and left too many fighting for limited attention. Trump keeps saying he is the only one that can beat Hillary but quinnepac shows him as the only one that can't.

Reactions: wkycatfan
I understand the anger and wanting a fighter but there has to some substance. Walker had a history of fighting hysterical bully liberals....with intellect and strategy. Trump just took all the attention and left too many fighting for limited attention. Trump keeps saying he is the only one that can beat Hillary but quinnepac shows him as the only one that can't.
he's also the only candidate who would manage to put Arizona and Georgia in play.

I look forward to Trump voters blaming a November shellacking on the media instead of blaming themselves for picking a nominee who thought he could alienate 50 million Latinos and still win a general election.

Maybe not, but he won't continue down the same path that as added 10 trillion dollars to our national debt either.
uh, why wouldn't he? The Donald hasn't been campaigning on small govt/deficit reduction. He build his empire on borrowed money (and sometimes eliminating those debts via bankruptcy), why would he suddenly become a penny clincher as pres?

Reactions: DaBossIsBack

Incredible.
It only goes to show how easily we are manipulated by tv and the media.

he's also the only candidate who would manage to put Arizona and Georgia in play.

I look forward to Trump voters blaming a November shellacking on the media instead of blaming themselves for picking a nominee who thought he could alienate 50 million Latinos and still win a general election.

Why do you constantly refer to them as Trump voters? This is essentially the base of the Republican party. Trump is just saying what they want to hear, sans the dog whistle...

Who said he would pinch pennies? What he would do is close loopholes allowing things like NAFTA to take factory work in other countries. He would offer big businesses enough incentive to bring those jobs back. That in turn would create more people paying into a tax system.

By default it would increase tax revenue, and it is the only policy of which you have heard him speak of. People complain about big business but we have a huge workforce that is considered employed and truly not working.

That is another way to make up the deficit.

Who said he would pinch pennies? What he would do is close loopholes allowing things like NAFTA to take factory work in other countries. He would offer big businesses enough incentive to bring those jobs back. That in turn would create more people paying into a tax system.

By default it would increase tax revenue, and it is the only policy of which you have heard him speak of. People complain about big business but we have a huge workforce that is considered employed and truly not working.

That is another way to make up the deficit.

This sounds very trickle-down-ish....

Said it a while back, but I'm convinced that a large chunk of the GOP base would stay home on Trump if he's the nominee.

Rubio was impressive today, drew a huge crowd estimated at 4,500 with virtually no media exposure to the event. Impressed and so were most of the people in attendance.

Said it a while back, but I'm convinced that a large chunk of the GOP base would stay home on Trump if he's the nominee.

If those people don't vote, they have no right to complain. By staying home, they're saying they want Hillary Clinton as the next president, which is exactly what would happen.

Just because someone isn't "Christian" enough, doesn't mean you should just concede the presidency to the left.

I know Cruz won't drop out and I doubt it will ever get down to just two people but Republicans need to vote no matter who wins the nomination. I know most elections turn out to be who the lesser of the two evils are and that is literally anyone from the Republican side. We cannot afford to have Hillary as the president.

Yet they don't like being scoffed at when they label themselves centrists, moderates, hates both parties, etc. Grown men cheerleading and lying is mesmerizing to me.
Maybe it looks that way on this board, where center and left are very much in the minority. I voted Kasich yesterday, McCain and Obama previously so it's simultaneously not my fault and all my fault... that's pretty moderate by definition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT