POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't even know what to make of this story other than a tragedy.

http://people.com/crime/friends-speak-hart-family-crash-kills-eight-california/
Crash that killed Hart family appears intentional
URDUJRNLUZBGHOWXHMLYON64SQ.jpg

YZTMXHJEGU4OLKNQFCYAL3MPFE.jpg

Portland police Sgt. Bret Barnum, left, and Devonte Hart, then 12, hug at a 2014 rally in Portland, Ore., where people had gathered in support of the protests in Ferguson, Mo., over the police shooting of an unarmed black teenager. (Johnny Huu Nguyen/Associated Press)
crazy libs. She was a lib. Therefore she's crazy. batshitcrazy.

I see all 20 or so counties that were scheduled to have school called off so teachers could march because Bevin is trying to "take their pension".

Usual union/lib tactics. So/do whatever it takes to weaponize whomever you need.

The bill from what I saw didn't have any impact on pensions except that they'll be funded for the first time in years.

So I'm missing the reason for the outrage
It doesn't provide any funding to the pensions. Fixes absolutely nothing. All it does is set the stage for phasing out pure pension system and move toward half pension & half 401k for new hires, partially funded now by local governments. It also change some rules about saving up sick days and cut COL increases. The legislature also exempted themselves from any of the pension changes because they are pieces of shit.

So you teach and care enough about politics to be on this board.....but are also so GD ignorant that you don't understand filibusters?
I am not a teacher my wife is. I code algorithms for UPS, mostly to determine optimal flight patterns for maximum fuel conservation. Filibusters don't matter when you use reconciliation rules. They could have easily slipped wall funding into the tax reform bill if Trump had cared even a tiny bit to ask for it.

One of you dopes should get on Fox News and explain to Trump that amazon is swimming in tax money because he just gave them a billion dollars with his tax reform bill. And that package delivery is the only area of USPS that is making them money.

Ky Legislature apparently has passed a tax reform bill today, among other things adding sales taxes to various services, while lowering the individual and corporate rate to 5%. VERY early analysis says it could add $400-500M to revenue. If true, I will congratulate the legislature for taking a tough vote on a tough issue and at least starting the process to getting our code modernized. It is LOOOOONNNNNGGG overdue. Next, I wish they would look at all the exemptions on the books as well, and analyze whether they make sense anymore.

It doesn't provide any funding to the pensions. Fixes absolutely nothing. All it does is set the stage for phasing out pure pension system and move toward half pension & half 401k for new hires, partially funded now by local governments. It also change some rules about saving up sick days and cut COL increases. The legislature also exempted themselves from any of the pension changes because they are pieces of shit.

The bill itself doesn't fun it because those funds were already allocated so far as I know. Of course opposed to the decade or so of robbery previously.

New employees absolutely must go on a defined contribution type plan. Nothing else is sustainable.

The only change to sick days was they couldn't be cashed out for retirement purposes.

Any changes should apply to all. I agree on that.

I see all 20 or so counties that were scheduled to have school called off so teachers could march because Bevin is trying to "take their pension".

Usual union/lib tactics. So/do whatever it takes to weaponize whomever you need.

The bill from what I saw didn't have any impact on pensions except that they'll be funded for the first time in years.

So I'm missing the reason for the outrage
And they wonder why people don't support public schools more: Current teachers were basically unhurt, yet they're out bitchin & not teaching so their kids get screwed.

To my knowledge, nothing was done to eliminate the existing pensions under-funding; i.e., paying back in for some existing liability, just that they stopped letting it get worse by fully funding this year's proscribed amount. No?

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
They did allocate full funding of the amount they they should have been paying in every year for the last 20 that previous Legislatures didn't. That it wasn't (even close to) fully funded previously isn't on those running the show today. Net, they now aren't digging the hole deeper. Changing what the pensions will be for future state employees & teachers is a totally legit action to take.

If taking these steps in the right direction meet your "It doesn't provide any funding to the pensions. Fixes absolutely nothing." definition, then we disagree - as I expect.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
And they wonder why people don't support public schools more: Current teachers were basically unhurt, yet they're out bitchin & not teaching so their kids get screwed.

To my knowledge, nothing was done to eliminate the existing pensions under-funding; i.e., paying back in for some existing liability, just that they stopped letting it get worse by fully funding this year's proscribed amount. No?

I'm pretty sure thats the case.

Ky Legislature apparently has passed a tax reform bill today, among other things adding sales taxes to various services, while lowering the individual and corporate rate to 5%. VERY early analysis says it could add $400-500M to revenue. If true, I will congratulate the legislature for taking a tough vote on a tough issue and at least starting the process to getting our code modernized. It is LOOOOONNNNNGGG overdue. Next, I wish they would look at all the exemptions on the books as well, and analyze whether they make sense anymore.
I read the plan was introduced today, not passed. But agree with what you say it would do.

People will call these sales taxes regressive, but I don't know how else you capture the economic activities of those operating in a cash society with under the table payments.

Vacation. The old hag surprised me with a boat entry in to Jimmy Johnson's Billfish tournament down in Key Largo. After the tournament, thought I would surprise her. Flew her down and spent a couple of weeks ignoring life.

The only thing you missed of any significance is...not only does Platinum think J.Edgar Hoover was once President, but he also thinks Steve Scalise was on the Supreme Court ten plus years ago.

44 Dems, Including Wasserman Schultz, Exempted Pakistani IT Aides From Background Checks

All of them appear to have waived background checks on Imran Awan and his family members, even though the family of server administrators could collectively read all the emails and files of 1 in 5 House Democrats, and despite background checks being recommended for such positions, according to an inspector general’s report. The House security policy requires offices to fill out a form attesting that they’ve initiated background checks, but it also includes a loophole allowing them to simply say that another member vouched for them.

Among the red flags in Abid’s background were a $1.1 million bankruptcy; six lawsuits against him or a company he owned; and at least three misdemeanor convictions including for DUI and driving on a suspended license, according to Virginia court records. Public court records show that Imran and Abid operated a car dealership referred to as CIA that took $100,000 from an Iraqi governmentofficial who is a fugitive from U.S. authorities. Numerous members of the family were tied to cryptic LLCs such as New Dawn 2001, operated out of Imran’s residence, Virginia corporation records show. Imran was the subject of repeated calls to police by multiple women and had multiple misdemeanor convictions for driving offenses, according to court records.

If a screening had caught those, what officials say happened next might have been averted. The House inspector general reported on Sept. 20, 2016, that shortly before the election members of the group were logging into servers of members they didn’t work for, logging in using congressmen’s personal usernames, uploading data off the House network, and behaving in ways that suggested “nefarious purposes” and that “steps are being taken to conceal their activity.”

44 Dems, Including Wasserman Schultz, Exempted Pakistani IT Aides From Background Checks

All of them appear to have waived background checks on Imran Awan and his family members, even though the family of server administrators could collectively read all the emails and files of 1 in 5 House Democrats, and despite background checks being recommended for such positions, according to an inspector general’s report. The House security policy requires offices to fill out a form attesting that they’ve initiated background checks, but it also includes a loophole allowing them to simply say that another member vouched for them.

Among the red flags in Abid’s background were a $1.1 million bankruptcy; six lawsuits against him or a company he owned; and at least three misdemeanor convictions including for DUI and driving on a suspended license, according to Virginia court records. Public court records show that Imran and Abid operated a car dealership referred to as CIA that took $100,000 from an Iraqi governmentofficial who is a fugitive from U.S. authorities. Numerous members of the family were tied to cryptic LLCs such as New Dawn 2001, operated out of Imran’s residence, Virginia corporation records show. Imran was the subject of repeated calls to police by multiple women and had multiple misdemeanor convictions for driving offenses, according to court records.

If a screening had caught those, what officials say happened next might have been averted. The House inspector general reported on Sept. 20, 2016, that shortly before the election members of the group were logging into servers of members they didn’t work for, logging in using congressmen’s personal usernames, uploading data off the House network, and behaving in ways that suggested “nefarious purposes” and that “steps are being taken to conceal their activity.”

Old reminder when she warned ‘there will be consequences’ for not immediately getting her computer back.

The only thing you missed of any significance is...not only does Platinum think J.Edgar Hoover was once President, but he also thinks Steve Scalise was on the Supreme Court ten plus years ago.

Yeah, the only thing I even remotely paid attention to was the tournament. Almost ruined the trip the way it came to an end, especially after how it opened up for them. Was thinking about going back and catching up on everything. Will probably just take a pass.

Lol

Everything is "bro" to Bwls.

"Do you even" "bro"

Bro, it's almost like I'm doing it.....on purpose.

Still cracking up at this cuck having no idea that it's impossible for the "caravan" to qualify for DACA.

Did Hope Hicks actually have that much impact on this idiot's tweets? How in the hell does an idea like this get sparked in the president's brain? Oh - and then he says "hold my Diet Coke" and actually TWEETS IT, cementing the fact that he has no idea what's going on. A charlatan's mistake.

Fox & Friends controls the course of our country, apparently. Such a bummer, bro. Kinda funny though, if you're willing to laugh at it. A cuck president wakes up alone, sits on his ass for hours, eats fast food and stares at Fox News shows for his daily briefing. LMAO this is our reality.

Does anybody here know if Obama was actually born in the US?

Man, why are you this stupid? Quit partying bro. There comes a time when you have to grow up or grow stupid. It is close to too late for up for you.

Sorry bro, but what did I say that was untrue?

Better yet, what did I type that hurt your feelings?

Middle-aged white dudes scared to death of everybody else. LMAO it blows my mind. We aren't going back in time, my bros. The days of "beautiful American steel" and whatever kind of dream world Trump lives in? Those days have BEEN gone, hahaha.

"Let's run to the border and shoot all the dark-skinned people before they try to come in here and take our jobs, rape our wives, and get our children hooked on drugs."

So scared, so insecure. Sad!

Wow, unreal. More popular than the first black president?

Lmao

So, what’s the status of this Awan investigation? Are these guys even still alive?

Reactions: moe_schmoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT