POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, that's a big one. I paid $5k a month in alimony for 7 years - it was a deduction for me and income for my ex. Does this mean in the future, the person paying the alimony would be 100% responsible for the tax and the person receiving it would get it tax free? Or will it be taxed twice? Either way it's bad for the payor (usually the dude.)
:eek:You're a Dude?

Reactions: augustaky1
my god youre a liar.

no one.. and i repeat NO ONE was sympathetic toward ball for acting like a nut job. in fact, just the opposite.
Actually if you bothered to read the replies to Trump's little Twitter war you would have seen that they ran about 10-1 against Trump. Because you stick your head in the ground doesn't make me a liar. LaVar Ball is pretty well universally disliked but he came out looking like the taller of the two midgets.
Even Forbes Magazine hailed Ball the victor.

How LaVar Ball Won The Twitter Feud Against President Trump - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/.../how-lavar-ball-won-the-twitter-feud-against-president-tru...

Nov 23, 2017 - President Trump's strategy to engage in a personal Twitter war with LaVar Ball is not the type of strategy leaders, CEOs or celebrities should emulate.

I'm appalled at @warrior-cat's assumption. Shame on you sir :D

Absolutely. Yesterday I stopped to get my wife, who identifies as a woman, and I, who identifies as a man, 2 cokes.

The worker had the audacity to tell me, “Have a merry Christmas, sir!”

She don’t know me! I mean sure, she was right about everything but still... the nerve!

With Haley going on record last week with evidence against Iran, and now this new stuff coming out about Iran/Hezzbolah/CIA/DEA, there's no doubt the Trump administration is laying the ground work to refuse to recertify the deal in the coming months.

How dare Trump hold a news conference talking about what he has done for this Country when there are still dead bodies on the Amtrak train.....the left.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
21awaj.jpg

Reactions: AustinTXCat
So nearly everyone will get money back on their taxes and only 29% approve? Democrats hate Americans

50% of filers don't pay any income tax. Those people aren't getting any goodies in this tax bill other than more refundable child tax credit. So those people don't "approve". The other 21% that don't approve are mostly people who are going to get a tax cut but don't realize it thanks to the dem disinformation efforts.

There are some high earners (top 5%-10%) in high income tax states (CA, NY, NJ, IL) that are going to see an actual increase in their tax bill. Those people have a reason to be unhappy. However since when did the left ever care about high end taxpayers; they just see them as cash cows for the milking.

Last edited:
50% of filers don't pay any income tax. Those people aren't getting any goodies in this tax bill other than the refundable child tax credit. So those people don't "approve". The other 21% that don't approve are mostly people who are going to get a tax cut but don't realize it thanks to the dem disinformation efforts.

There are some high earners (top 5%-10%) in high income tax states (CA, NY, NJ, IL) that are going to see an actual increase in their tax bill. Those people have a reason to be unhappy. However since when did the left ever care about high end taxpayers; they just see them as cash cows for the milking.
Yeah, also those ppl in high income tax states need to take their issue up with their state with why their state is taxing them so much.

Actually if you bothered to read the replies to Trump's little Twitter war you would have seen that they ran about 10-1 against Trump. Because you stick your head in the ground doesn't make me a liar. LaVar Ball is pretty well universally disliked but he came out looking like the taller of the two midgets.

https://www.forbes.com/.../how-lavar-ball-won-the-twitter-feud-against-president-tru...

Nov 23, 2017 - President Trump's strategy to engage in a personal Twitter war with LaVar Ball is not the type of strategy leaders, CEOs or celebrities should emulate.
The replies count has nothing to do with the war. It just tells whose fans populated Twitter replies.

Ways Trump’s New National Security Strategy Is A Rejection Of Obama’s

President Donald Trump’s new national security strategy is set to be released on Monday.

A copy of the document obtained by The Daily Caller reveals a stark contrast between President Trump’s America First National Security Strategy and former President Barack Obama’s most recent national security strategy in 2015.

1. Renewed Focus On Islamist Terrorism
  2. Dumping Climate Change As A ‘National Security Threat
  3. Iran — Not Israel — Is The Threat To Peace In The Middle East
  4. Immigration: Ending Chain Migration, Increasing Vetting, Tougher Border Security

Reactions: warrior-cat
I’m just saying for the people who want to let Franken off the hook, but crucify Trump, you can’t have it both ways. It’s either be upset at both instances or neither.

In today’s times we’ve categorized hitting on a woman once with rape. It’s insane. And also it hurts the case with Trump when you have Dems offering money to women to make accusations.

Actually you can want Franken out due to evidence and not feel That way about Trump

Actually moron, those people don't give a damn about lavar ball.. they just disagree with any and everything Trump does. There is a major difference, not that you would understand.

Lol, the welcher is talking about someone having THEIR head in the sand. That's rich.

You know how the left is generous with other people's money and loves to virtue signal without really doing anything?

You also know how a good chunk of them hate Chick-fil-A and boycotted them and vanadalyzed their buildings and organized gay makeout protests in their parking lots?

You know who decided to work on a Sunday to feed all of the passengers stranded in the Atlanta airport yesterday?

It wasn't Muslims. It wasn't Planned Parenthood or the DNC or whatever virtue signaler out there, it was Christian Chick-fil-A.

You know how the left is generous with other people's money and loves to virtue signal without really doing anything?

You also know how a good chunk of them hate Chick-fil-A and boycotted them and vanadalyzed their buildings and organized gay makeout protests in their parking lots?

You know who decided to work on a Sunday to feed all of the passengers stranded in the Atlanta airport yesterday?

It wasn't Muslims. It wasn't Planned Parenthood or the DNC or whatever virtue signaler out there, it was Christian Chick-fil-A.
Just like conservatives give more to charities that actually help the poor.

Reactions: warrior-cat
No. 50% of workers don't owe any income taxes & don't file unless than have a refund coming.

Not really sure what distinction you are trying to make but this backs up my assertion that 50% (actually 49% in this article) of filers don't owe any income tax. Most adults who don't owe still file to get refunds or refundable tax credits (like the earned income credit or child tax credit) or as proof of low income for tuition assistance.

In 2009, according to a memo from the Joint Committee on Taxation, a bi-partisan Congressional committee, only 49 percent of Americans owed money on their Federal income tax returns (emphasis addded). These are people who actually filed a return.

https://money.howstuffworks.com/only-53-percent-pay-income-tax.htm

Last edited:

I've got no issue with the gheys and I'm an atheist but I still frequent Chick Fil A. They make a damn good product. I couldn't care less about their political/religious leanings.

I've said it many times - if you decide to boycott a company or product, you better be ready to go off the grid, because you can find something you disagree on with every company if you look hard enough.

Absolutely. Yesterday I stopped to get my wife, who identifies as a woman, and I, who identifies as a man, 2 cokes.

The worker had the audacity to tell me, “Have a merry Christmas, sir!”

She don’t know me! I mean sure, she was right about everything but still... the nerve!
I identify as subhuman sometimes and my wife would probably agree. Whether that is male or female well....let your imaginations fly.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Actually you can want Franken out due to evidence and not feel That way about Trump

Oh yeah, but that comment was meant for people who want to point a comment Trump made being grounds for resignation and an actual photo being a “eh, he was a comedian then.”

You can’t want Franken to remain and Trump to resign without being the world’s biggest hypocrite.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT