POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the best breakdown of the tax bill that I have found. There are some pretty significant changes. For instance, it looks like you will no longer get a deduction for your Blue-White fund contribution for season tickets. Alimony is no longer deductible. It also gives a really good explanation of pass through income treatment.

https://www.journalofaccountancy.co...m-bill-changes-for-individuals-201718070.html

Alimony is no longer deductible

I always found that deduction curious. I get that if it's income to one, it must be a deduction to the other. Just always seemed odd.

If it's no longer deductible I'm guessing it's no longer taxed as income?

Carolina panthers owner is selling team over sexual/racist behavior allegations. haha. P diddy wants to buy "North Carolina" Panthers and immediately sign Kaepernick. I hope that happens.

Because Diddy certainly has never acted inappropriately with any female during his lifetime....

Are we still having any doubt at all what meetoo is really about?

Man reportedly held in "incident" at base used by U.S. troops.

juneadkhanap707269480133.jpg

Mr. Junead Khan, another Amish troublemaker, is in custody.

Weird isn’t it? Undeniable proof of him being a creep and multiple accusers and people still say he should stay. (And no I don’t care if he was a comedian at the time. Trump wasn’t a politician in the 90’s but...)

Moore has nothing but allegations and the biggest “evidence” against him was a woman who lied about not adding his last name and date and he’s shown no mercy.

The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

I always found that deduction curious. I get that if it's income to one, it must be a deduction to the other. Just always seemed odd.

If it's no longer deductible I'm guessing it's no longer taxed as income?

Because Diddy certainly has never acted inappropriately with any female during his lifetime....

Are we still having any doubt at all what meetoo is really about?

Wow, that's a big one. I paid $5k a month in alimony for 7 years - it was a deduction for me and income for my ex. Does this mean in the future, the person paying the alimony would be 100% responsible for the tax and the person receiving it would get it tax free? Or will it be taxed twice? Either way it's bad for the payor (usually the dude.)

Shielding terrorist organization to get a deal with Iran pretty much sums up Barack Obama.

lol, the Iran deal gets worse than anyone with a brain thought it was to begin with.

It was bad enough when I thought it was just giving Iran 400 million dollars, nuclear technology to build a bomb (oh they promised they wouldn’t? Good enough for Obama), and a condition where they get 26 days notice before the people Iran picks to carry out the inspection arrive.

But the horrific deal just gets worse. And some insane posters in this thread defend this deal. But then again, that doesn’t surprise me.

Wow, that's a big one. I paid $5k a month in alimony for 7 years - it was a deduction for me and income for my ex. Does this mean in the future, the person paying the alimony would be 100% responsible for the tax and the person receiving it would get it tax free? Or will it be taxed twice? Either way it's bad for the payor (usually the dude.)
WOW
That’s crazy! 60k per? What did you do?

From the article:

Alimony: For any divorce or separation agreement executed after Dec. 31, 2018, the bill would provide that alimony and separate maintenance payments are not deductible by the payor spouse. It would also repeal the provisions that provide that such payments are includible in income by the payee spouse.

From the article:

Alimony: For any divorce or separation agreement executed after Dec. 31, 2018, the bill would provide that alimony and separate maintenance payments are not deductible by the payor spouse. It would also repeal the provisions that provide that such payments are includible in income by the payee spouse.

I suppose that divorce settlements will now just take that into account when arriving at numbers.

This probably nets the government a little more cash since the payor typically would be paying a higher blended rate than the receiving spouse.

This probably nets the government a little more cash since the payor typically would be paying a higher blended rate than the receiving spouse.

And since there's currently a very large percentage of cases where the payor deducts it and the payee does not include it in income, and the IRS can't catch'em all.

Reactions: JohnKBA
So this is where the r/incel purge has landed.

But seriously, people claiming there was some sort of vast conspiracy out for Moore's head should at least make a cursory attempt to read up on the dude's history. Dan Johnson had nothing on this guy.

AustinTXCat -- please quit embarrassing my hometown.

And two more general plea to the Trump stalwarts here -- when you get your rear-ends handed to you in the 2018 midterms, try not to do anything too nuts. And keep your hands off kids, too, while you're at it.
Dude, Austin's by far the least embarrassing guy here.

Weird isn’t it? Undeniable proof of him being a creep and multiple accusers and people still say he should stay. (And no I don’t care if he was a comedian at the time. Trump wasn’t a politician in the 90’s but...)
I agree but this lets Trump off the hook somehow?

But with near 2X std. deduction & lower tax rate, you can still afford to pay it.

I will still be an itemizer so the increased standard deduction won't matter for me. You are right that the lower rates are a lot better than the value of that blue-white fund deduction.

I honestly hope Trump has made a call to China and apologized for ever intervening and let them know if the Ball kid ever steps foot in China while playing basketball internationally, they can feel free to punish him for the crimes he committed on their soil.

If he’d done that he’d have been a racist for letting those poor players languish.

Maybe some would argue though that they’d have been in a communist paradise though?

So confusing with lefties.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
I suppose that divorce settlements will now just take that into account when arriving at numbers.

Won't make a huge difference. Most cases that settle structure these payments in some other fashion and call them something else to avoid dealing with it altogether.

I'd imagine that will stay the same

He did it because I think he thought it was the right thing and probably would get praise.
Thought he would get praise? Hell, he practically begged to be thanked which means he did it for his own perceived personal gain. All he did was make Lavar Ball look like a sympathetic character as impossible as that sounds.

Thought he would get praise? Hell, he practically begged to be thanked which means he did it for his own perceived personal gain. All he did was make Lavar Ball look like a sympathetic character as impossible as that sounds.

my god youre a liar.

no one.. and i repeat NO ONE was sympathetic toward ball for acting like a nut job. in fact, just the opposite.

Reactions: santamaria78
I agree but this lets Trump off the hook somehow?

I’m just saying for the people who want to let Franken off the hook, but crucify Trump, you can’t have it both ways. It’s either be upset at both instances or neither.

In today’s times we’ve categorized hitting on a woman once with rape. It’s insane. And also it hurts the case with Trump when you have Dems offering money to women to make accusations.

So this is where the r/incel purge has landed.

But seriously, people claiming there was some sort of vast conspiracy out for Moore's head should at least make a cursory attempt to read up on the dude's history. Dan Johnson had nothing on this guy.

AustinTXCat -- please quit embarrassing my hometown.

And two more general plea to the Trump stalwarts here -- when you get your rear-ends handed to you in the 2018 midterms, try not to do anything too nuts. And keep your hands off kids, too, while you're at it.
I think you have things confused but don't stress over it, you guys have been lied to and brainwashed for so long that if they told you the truth the shock would be too much. Keep believing what the liberal media tells you and one day you too could be living in a third world country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT