• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
85492305.jpg
As long as she is not in the ME.

Not sure how it would hurt them. More competition usually means lower prices. Whatever Republicans are saying that probably have no clue what they're talking about.

Have you ever asked yourself why more companies weren't participating in the Obamacare marketplace? Why there is so little competition?
The answer is that they lose money on those plans.

If there was money to be made insurers would be fighting over the market space.

A large segment of Obamacare plan enrollees have pre-existing conditions and thus are almost guaranteed losses. It is why they didn't have coverage or were dropped from coverage before Obamacare existed.

What so many don't seem to grasp is that insurance companies are all working with the same risk groups. Plans may be cheaper in Hawaii than in Mississippi or Kentucky because people who live in Hawaii tend to be in better health than here or in Mississippi but if people from Kentucky start buying plans from Hawaii then the cost of those Hawaii plans will rise.

Healthcare in this market is nothing like auto or home insurance where insurers can limit who they take based upon driving records or filed claims. If your wife found a lump on her breast this morning and you were uninsured, you could go buy healthcare insurance this afternoon to cover the upcoming $200,000 in medical bills heading your way. That's why it is expensive!

Competition works when there are large margins and companies can "afford" to make a little less and still earn a profit. There are no margins to be had with this group. With no subsidies to insurance companies you will see more drop out of the market and even higher premiums.

Within our current system to pay for healthcare there simply is nowhere to significantly reduce insurance costs to the consumers. There isn't enough "meet on the bone" from the viewpoint of insurance companies. You can shuffle the deck chairs resulting in reduced cost for some but that will result in higher cost for others.

So pretty much every liberal female friend I have has posted "Me too" on Facebook today, while hardly any conservative women have.

Either one of the two groups is dishonest, or if you're a female and you want to avoid being sexually assaulted or harassed, you should make sure not to be a liberal. (My money is on the liberal women taking some liberties here with the definition of harassment/assault.)

From the "Why They'd Rather Talk About Donald Trump" department.

Judge refuses to dismiss corruption charges against Menendez.

Judge William Walls on Monday said he won't dismiss any of the 18 charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), The Associated Press reported.

Prosecutors in the federal corruption case against Menendez and his co-defendant, Salomon Melgen, rested their case last week, capping off 18 days of testimony from 35 witnesses

Amazing how little press this case has received.

So pretty much every liberal female friend I have has posted "Me too" on Facebook today, while hardly any conservative women have.

Either one of the two groups is dishonest, or if you're a female and you want to avoid being sexually assaulted or harassed, you should make sure not to be a liberal. (My money is on the liberal women taking some liberties here with the definition of harassment/assault.)
I read this aloud. Here is your reply from a very conservative woman:

"That's b/c most conservative women have jobs or better things to do in general and don't have time for that demeaning bullshit."

I'd say your intuition is correct. We live in a victim culture and a need for attention.

I'll bet the house that you have heard or experienced someone doing the following..

Someone you all know died, then said female acts like they were so close to them, cries and will say, "OMG. We were supposed to go to the movies at some point" or some BS story about some moment they shared. I saw this when a ghy died while we were in high school.

They want to make it about themselves. Same premise. Same reason that there are disorders for women who like to pretend they're sick.

They also think being whistled at is the equivalent of rape.

Last edited:
Have you ever asked yourself why more companies weren't participating in the Obamacare marketplace? Why there is so little competition?
The answer is that they lose money on those plans.

If there was money to be made insurers would be fighting over the market space.

A large segment of Obamacare plan enrollees have pre-existing conditions and thus are almost guaranteed losses. It is why they didn't have coverage or were dropped from coverage before Obamacare existed.

What so many don't seem to grasp is that insurance companies are all working with the same risk groups. Plans may be cheaper in Hawaii than in Mississippi or Kentucky because people who live in Hawaii tend to be in better health than here or in Mississippi but if people from Kentucky start buying plans from Hawaii then the cost of those Hawaii plans will rise.

Healthcare in this market is nothing like auto or home insurance where insurers can limit who they take based upon driving records or filed claims. If your wife found a lump on her breast this morning and you were uninsured, you could go buy healthcare insurance this afternoon to cover the upcoming $200,000 in medical bills heading your way. That's why it is expensive!

Competition works when there are large margins and companies can "afford" to make a little less and still earn a profit. There are no margins to be had with this group. With no subsidies to insurance companies you will see more drop out of the market and even higher premiums.

Within our current system to pay for healthcare there simply is nowhere to significantly reduce insurance costs to the consumers. There isn't enough "meet on the bone" from the viewpoint of insurance companies. You can shuffle the deck chairs resulting in reduced cost for some but that will result in higher cost for others.
In the long run you are probably correct. Broad coverage insurance is incompatible with free market principles, in spite of everyone's attempt to marry the two. In a free market where there are physical arms length transactions between buyers and sellers, suppliers must provide the product or service at a price purchasers can afford or they don't sell their product or service. Insurance nullifies the workings of the market.

In the long run you are probably correct. Broad coverage insurance is incompatible with free market principles, in spite of everyone's attempt to marry the two. In a free market where there are physical arms length transactions between buyers and sellers, suppliers must provide the product or service at a price purchasers can afford or they don't sell their product or service. Insurance nullifies the workings of the market.
Insurance is one of the reasons that costs have skyrocketed.

I read this aloud. Here is your reply from a very conservative woman:

"That's b/c most conservative women have jobs or better things to do in general and don't have time for that demeaning bullshit."

On the contrary, many more of the conservative women I know live in traditional households where the husband works and the wife stays home with the kids, while the liberal women tend to have careers.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
I'd say your intuition is correct. We live in a victim culture and a need for attention.

I'll bet the house that you have heard or experienced someone doing the following..

Someone you all know died, then said female acts like they were so close to them, cries and will say, "OMG. We were supposed to go to the movies at some point" or some BS story about some moment they shared. I saw this when a ghy died while we were in high school.

They want to make it about themselves. Same premise. Same reason that there are disorders for women who like to pretend they're sick.

They also think being whistled at is the equivalent of rape.

Yup.

"Look at me."

Reactions: KingOfBBN
On the contrary, many more of the conservative women I know live in traditional households where the husband works and the wife stays home with the kids, while the liberal women tend to have careers.
Running a household would fall under 'better things to do", I'd think.

Most liberal women we know couldn't shut up bitching long enough to hold a job.

From the "Why They'd Rather Talk About Donald Trump" department.

Judge refuses to dismiss corruption charges against Menendez.

Judge William Walls on Monday said he won't dismiss any of the 18 charges against Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), The Associated Press reported.

Prosecutors in the federal corruption case against Menendez and his co-defendant, Salomon Melgen, rested their case last week, capping off 18 days of testimony from 35 witnesses

Amazing how little press this case has received.
I know I've said it 1000 times, but if Menendez, Harvey Weinstein, and the IT staffers for DWS were republicans, the MSM would be having literal orgasms from the non stop 24/7 reporting on these stories. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves they would be so thrilled.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Watching the trump/McConnell presser it seems something has changed.

I'm Not convinced, but optimistic that we may now see the Rs get behind the Trump agenda. They must be seeing something that had lit a fire under their ass.. I think they may finally realize that we will turn on their ass quick.

McConnell seemed genuine. I hope it lasts.
McConnell did seem a lot different than usual. I give credit to Bannon.

Call me cynical, but I don't buy for one second the story about Hillary supposedly breaking her toe.

She knew she was probably going to be asked about Weinstein, so she had to come up with some BS story to get out of being interviewed.

That woman is fake as f*ck.

Most liberal women I know are too fugly to be harassed.

I know far more conservative women with jobs than liberals.

Believe it or not, up until about 6 years ago I was super religious. Most of my conservative friends I know through going to church with them - a lot of those are the traditional families. A lot of the liberal women I know are single and/or don't have kids and have good careers.

Most liberal women I know are too fugly to be harassed.

I know far more conservative women with jobs than liberals.
Wifey and I were just talking about that. Most liberal women we know that actually work, work service/food industry. One is a dental hygienist.

My wife graduated from McWhorter school of Pharmacy at Samford. 100+ in her class alone, 85% females, which is the norm for that field. Samford is a Baptist college. I'll kiss your ass if there was more than a couple liberals in that entire class. You can't even have boys in your dorms (the building, not the room!) w/o a chaperone. Liberal chicks ain't giving up their whoring and drinking ways for no education.

Isn't odd that you rarely see the consummate professional with pink dyed hair?

Wifey and I were just talking about that. Most liberal women we know that actually work, work service/food industry. One is a dental hygienist.

My wife graduated from McWhorter school of Pharmacy at Samford. 100+ in her class alone, 85% females, which is the norm for that field. Samford is a Baptist college. I'll kiss your ass if there was more than a couple liberals in that entire class. You can't even have boys in your dorms (the building, not the room!) w/o a chaperone. Liberal chicks ain't giving up their whoring and drinking ways for no education.

My COO is a liberal female.

I've got other liberal female friends that are doctors, executives, project managers, etc.

Sure, some are waitresses, secretaries, nurses, etc. Some have more ambition than others.

If I had to bet, I'd bet most educated, liberal women with high-paying jobs work either as nurses, law professionals or social workers... and likely in that exact order.

The rest of them have liberal arts degrees that line their hamster cages.

Reactions: JohnKBA
This is fun.

SHe said there were girls in her class that didn't realize cars were financed by poors, one girl was openly just there looking for a husband and the girls from Mississippi would whisper the phrase "public school" under their breath when speaking of where someone less fortunate attended school... like it was a bad word.

****, this could be a movie.

Reactions: JohnKBA

I also have a relative in KY who graduated PharmD from Samford back in the 80s. Very valuable and worthy major.

I work with a guy who was a pharmacist for about 25 years and hated it. Said it was extremely boring. Counting pills, working with insurance, running the cash register, and dealing with the imbecile public. Basically a glorified clerk, I think he called it.

He went back to school and got an Info Sys masters and now likes his job doing database and programming work.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I work with a guy who was a pharmacist for about 25 years and hated it. Said it was extremely boring. Counting pills, working with insurance, running the cash register, and dealing with the imbecile public. Basically a glorified clerk, I think he called it.

He went back to school and got an Info Sys masters and now likes his job doing database and programming work.

There are a lot of different ways to use a pharmacy degree.

I have a couple of PBMs as clients and many of their highly paid ops guys are pharmacists. It doesn't necessarily mean you're in retail.

That was his problem. He shoulda started taking the pills for a buzz. The best cure for boredom is being absolutely blacked out of your head

If I had to bet, I'd bet most educated, liberal women with high-paying jobs work either as nurses, law professionals or social workers... and likely in that exact order.

The rest of them have liberal arts degrees that line their hamster cages.
Most of them look like their faces lined hamster cages.

Reactions: Mashburned
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT