POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"to negatively impact the viewing experience for the tens of thousands who didn't get hurt."

It would positively impact my drinking experience well into the later innings if I didn't have to pay complete attention.

I also manage to enjoy watching my teenage boys play while sitting behind a chainlink fence.

Reactions: blubo
Yeah, with baseball in its infancy like this, there are going to be some growing pains.
05_02_010110.jpg

We could still play like this in 1910...

But then 2 years later when they opened a stadium, they decided for this:

6a0115709f071f970b0168ea6468dd970c.jpe

Now it may come to this...

nationals-park-netting-march-2016.jpg

I don't see some updates as a bad thing.

Reactions: JohnKBA
[laughing]North Korea has made an announcement, accusing the US of declaring war on them and that they now reserve the right to take countermeasures, and when they attack the world should remember it was the US, not them, who declared war.

I hate to laugh because diplomacy can't work here. Un has backed himself into a corner. He can't back down. It'll expose him. He has an image he has to uphold or he'll lose his grip.
It's going to go down. Just like you said, he can't afford to back down and expose himself to his people for what he really is. He has to know that we can destroy his country without using nuclear weapons, without being in sight of his county, and without losing a single American life. Maybe he does have a 2 million man army, so what? He can't take them anywhere. They are only handy if there is a ground assault. There will be no need for that.

What I'm worried about is the amount of people fleeing North Korea to South Korea. I hope it doesn't cause South Korea to capsize.

Does anyone know what the kneelers actually want? Have they released a list of demands? Seriously, how are we supposed to know when the country has gotten its act together enough to appease them, so we can all finally move on with our protest free, sports watching lives?

Reactions: CatsFanGG24
Does anyone know what the kneelers actually want? Have they released a list of demands? Seriously, how are we supposed to know when the country has gotten its act together enough to appease them so we can finally all move on with our protest free, sports watching lives?
i'm hoping the hashtag #jump4justice will catch hold with libs. Find a tall building and in the name of social injustice jump off to show your solidarity.

It's going to go down. Just like you said, he can't afford to back down and expose himself to his people for what he really is. He has to know that we can destroy his country without using nuclear weapons, without being in sight of his county, and without losing a single American life. Maybe he does have a 2 million man army, so what? He can't take them anywhere. They are only handy if there is a ground assault. There will be no need for that.

What I'm worried about is the amount of people fleeing North Korea to South Korea. I hope it doesn't cause South Korea to capsize.

Big if true...

3763E84700000578-0-image-m-15_1471599719704.jpg

I saw this and thought that it was photo-shopped, but it's real.

He was a real impersonator at the Rio Olympics.

Reactions: ymmot31
Does anyone know what the kneelers actually want? Have they released a list of demands? Seriously, how are we supposed to know when the country has gotten its act together enough to appease them, so we can all finally move on with our protest free, sports watching lives?

That's a damn good question. Initially, I'm almost sure it was to call attention to perceived police brutality on blacks.

I'm not sure what it is now. Yesterday was quite obviously a knee jerk reaction to Trump's comments. I feel like it will be short lived if he drops it, but that doesn't seem like his style. At this point, he controls the situation totally, and I think he thrives on that kind of control. If he were to drop it, you'd probably see a very small number of players engage in anything next week. If he keeps pressing the issue, we probably see a repeat of Sunday.

Regardless, I'm not sure what the endgame is. I understand that part of dealing with a problem (I'm not agreeing that there really is one) is calling attention to it, but this seems like the wrong way to go about that.

One big positive from the health care debacle is that these RINO's are now fully out in the open. Shining a light on them will help expose them for their next elections.

Trump needs to get Joe Manchin (while convincing him to stay registered Dem) and put him in his cabinet somewhere. Getting a few moderate Dems in his administration would be one step closer to a solidifying a third party.

I was always puzzled why he put Zinke as head of the Department of Interior. He's doing a great job, but that would have been an extra R+1 vote in the Senate (Montana) as he would have beat Tester.

You could count the seconds on one hand of how long it would take for a player to be suspended for freely exercising his 1A right expressing his displeasure with any LGBQ+++∞ issue.

On or off of the clock.

They sent a 49ers player to sensitivity training a few years ago because he said he wouldn't want to shower with a gay teammate.

I really wish he would listen to Rand Paul more. That guy is the smartest SOB in Washington and for whatever reason he just can't sell himself.

Ummm, no, not on foreign affairs. I'm with him on 99% of domestic policy, but he's basically a dove when it comes to foreign affairs and national security.

Reactions: JohnKBA
with all due respect Dylan killed like 9 people. It was absolutely horrific.

I think they are both horrific. both monsters. but a black immigrant killing/trying to kill white people isn't going to get anywhere near the coverage of a white guy killing black people...the post was about media bias and agenda

The graphic is incorrect. BLM has nothing to do with whites killing blacks unless you are trying to imply that all whites that kill blacks are cops.

Are you saying the chart is incomplete? That it needs an additional bar for white cops that kill blacks.

You are probably right. It would clearly show 75-100/1000000, maybe 1000000/1000000.

I understand. I don't think the viewing would be less enjoyable with the netting they now make, but I get why people oppose.

A few years ago a base coach got hit with a foul ball and died, and now all base coaches have to wear a little helmet. If I was a base coach, I'd rather be wearing a hat, but its one of those things that doesn't seem like a big enough deal to fight over.

But didn't they use aluminum bats in that game? That's one that should be done away with at the college level. That's ridiculous. College, minors and pros should all use wooden bats.

I was always puzzled why he put Zinke as head of the Department of Interior. He's doing a great job, but that would have been an extra R+1 vote in the Senate (Montana) as he would have beat Tester.
I'm guessing Manchin knows he's in a valuable position and didn't want to leave the Senate.

Too bad he's 70; he'd be a viable POTUS candidate if he were younger for voters in the middle.

But didn't they use aluminum bats in that game? That's one that should be done away with at the college level. That's ridiculous. College, minors and pros should all use wooden bats.
It was a double A game so that's wooden bats. He was only 35 and actually a former minor league player - just shows the speed off the bat can get anyone...wasn't like a 70 year old man.

College and high school have gone to less hot bats a handful of years ago. Still aluminum, but not the ones that use to "ping" and put up 15 runs in a college game.

I am an ardent supporter of the 1st amendment, and I have no problem with football players having the freedom to kneel during the national anthem as a symbolic act.

What I have a problem with is (a) the sentiment that minorities are truly oppressed and not given a fair shake in this country (not denying racism/prejudice/bigotry exist, just that the actual discriminatory effect on minorities is negligible), and (b) that the people who feel this way, and who are acting as the spokespeople for such oppressed people, and who believe they are oppressed themselves, are way better off than me, making hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars, living in luxury, wearing fancy clothes and shiny jewelry, driving expensive cars, living in big houses...and playing a game for a living.

Agreed. If you don't want to serve gays or whatever and are willing to absorb the repercussions, it's your business, go ahead and run it how you want to. The government doesn't belong in the private sector. Let people run their businesses.

Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby are outspoken about their leaderships' religious stances - I don't go to Hobby Lobby because I never need anything from there, but every time I go to Chick Fil A, I marvel at how effing busy it is. If the product is good, people will overlook the white noise.

Agreed. If you don't want to serve gays or whatever and are willing to absorb the repercussions, it's your business, go ahead and run it how you want to. The government doesn't belong in the private sector. Let people run their businesses.

Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby are outspoken about their leaderships' religious stances - I don't go to Hobby Lobby because I never need anything from there, but every time I go to Chick Fil A, I marvel at how effing busy it is. If the product is good, people will overlook the white noise.

True: Although I'm confidant a large percentage of CFA customers support them due to their religious stance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT