ADVERTISEMENT

Survival of Consciousness After Death

Bill - Shy Cat

All-American
Mar 29, 2002
i hope this isn’t offensive to anyone, but I thought it was interesting. Also, wonder if same might happen to non-humans.

i hope this isn’t offensive to anyone, but I thought it was interesting. Also, wonder if same might happen to non-humans.

Category 3 of reincarnation is what I thought of at the beginning of the article. You don’t exist anymore, but you somehow have awareness because you exist in a different form?

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
What is your take on this? I think it’s an interesting article (don’t get the medium stuff, though), but it’s hard to imagine a nihilistic viewpoint when we’re thinking, feeling beings.

We are souls experiencing this life as human flesh and bones. The soul lives on…I feel certain of this. Try psilocybin sometime and you’ll see what I mean.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF

If you believe in Free Will, you probably/possibly believe in the soul etc. The Ghost in the Machine is how it's usually phrased. If we're just stuff then we're robots and all actions have been set from the beginning of the universe like the break in pool. The truth of it is beyond my pay grade, but to me it looks like we're just stuff. People sleep walk. When we're under drugs like hypnotics or Ambien we have conversations and get about, and other people can't tell. There's certainly no "person" directing traffic up there in your head. A doctor who should know better once gave me a hypnotic for a procedure and (apparently) gave me too much. After it was supposed to have worn off, we had a conversation in which he told me follow up stuff. I have no memory of it. He was talking to a machine.

Oddly some people who believe in the soul believe that all actions have been set by God. Though He give you bad things to do, you would still get punished. Etc. Nobody stranger than people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT