POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I had to watch Chik-Fil-A employees genuflect every time they gave me a sandwich, then I'd probably be annoyed.

Now I just wish I could be politely served a chicken sandwich by a vilified high schooler on a Sunday before heading home to watch a wife beater kneel in protest of our terrible country and be praised by the left.

If I had to watch Chik-Fil-A employees genuflect every time they gave me a sandwich, then I'd probably be annoyed.

Now I just wish I could be politely served a chicken sandwich by a vilified high schooler on a Sunday before heading home to watch a wife beater kneel in protest of our terrible country and be praised by the left.

Right. It's not like they are serving a side of communion wafers with their combos.

"That will be $10 Mr. Bill Cosby, it's been my pleasure, and remember, masturbation is sin."

giphy.gif

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I'm an atheist. I don't care what CFA believes, they make a damn good chicken sammich :)

I'm Atheist too, but I'm also vegan. CFA can go f*** themselves

but i gotta have "MUH MEAT" because that's the only way humans know how to survive. "MUH MEAT"

Reactions: JohnKBA
I am an ardent supporter of the 1st amendment, and I have no problem with football players having the freedom to kneel during the national anthem as a symbolic act.

What I have a problem with is (a) the sentiment that minorities are truly oppressed and not given a fair shake in this country (not denying racism/prejudice/bigotry exist, just that the actual discriminatory effect on minorities is negligible), and (b) that the people who feel this way, and who are acting as the spokespeople for such oppressed people, and who believe they are oppressed themselves, are way better off than me, making hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars, living in luxury, wearing fancy clothes and shiny jewelry, driving expensive cars, living in big houses...and playing a game for a living.

Once again, their protest has nothing to do with the player's rights under the 1st amendment, which gives citizens the right to protest against the government.
The 1st amendment does not extend that right to doing so in your place of employment.

Last edited:
Ummm, no, not on foreign affairs. I'm with him on 99% of domestic policy, but he's basically a dove when it comes to foreign affairs and national security.

Well then I guess it is a good thing we were discussing Obamacare and not North Korea.

Just accidentally stumbled upon an interesting stat in terms of presidents and some military service.

After FDR (who did not serve in the military), every president after that all the way up to George H.W. Bush, served in the military in some capacity. Until Bill Clinton.

After George H.W. Bush, three of our next four presidents have had no military service.

We haven't had a streak like that since 1913-1945, where there were five consecutive presidents with no military background (Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, FDR).

The graphic is incorrect. BLM has nothing to do with whites killing blacks unless you are trying to imply that all whites that kill blacks are cops.
You're right. What BLM is protesting is a way smaller number/percent than anything on that graph, so small that you couldn't even see any green on it. Yet BLM acts like it's the biggest issue in this country & crazily, millions believe them. Just how F'd up is that?

But the graph clearly shows that blacks murder whites is at a 9.83/0.77 = 12.7x (Think about that.) rate of the other direction. Net, tell me just who the racists in this country are?

You're right. What BLM is protesting is a way smaller number/percent than anything on that graph, so small that you couldn't even see any green on it. Yet BLM acts like it's the biggest issue in this country & crazily, millions believe them. Just how F'd up is that?

But the graph clearly shows that blacks murder whites is at a 9.83/0.77 = 12.7x (Think about that.) rate of the other direction. Net, tell me just who the racists in this country are?
Saw something this morning that according to WaPo there has been 9 killings of unarmed black men by police this year.

Cop shootings are just the tip of the iceberg.

It is more about the injustices in the judicial system. The fact that blacks receive harsher sentences than whites for the same crimes. Things like penalties for possession of a small amount of crack, cheap and common to black neighborhoods are much more severe than those for larger, much more expensive amount of cocaine, common to white neighborhoods. Even though they are different forms of the same drug.

The fact that cops are much more likely to pull their service weapon on blacks vs whites.

Cop shootings are just the tip of the iceberg.

It is more about the injustices in the judicial system. The fact that blacks receive harsher sentences than whites for the same crimes. Things like penalties for possession of a small amount of crack, cheap and common to black neighborhoods are much more severe than those for larger, much more expensive amount of cocaine, common to white neighborhoods. Even though they are different forms of the same drug.

The fact that cops are much more likely to pull their service weapon on blacks vs whites.
You are correct but by focusing on "cops are murderers" against all data showing otherwise they delegitimize the rest of the very reasonable arguments.

Guess that’s ok in your book. I mean not too many to get upset about.
No idiot, it just does not match the narrative or show a skew versus whites. But let's pause and go back to when Obama and many other liberals pointed out stats and odds of being killed by a terrorist. But thanks for pointing out how idiots ruin data driven policy discussion with hot takes.

Reactions: ymmot31
I think you are too wedded to this 'divide and conquer tactic' view point to see clearly, it makes you overly conspiratorial and prone to utter nonsense.

Well if that is the case then it's because of the 10 tweets of propaganda you post in a row on daily basis. Seriously you have some decent opinions that I agree with but you rarely post your actual thoughts.

I talk about the overly conspiratorial to break up the narrative the MSM wants us to talk about. It's more interesting to me that way. Half the time it is a shitpost.

History is the blue print for the division that you are seeing. You can help more by speaking about it with your intelligent post or feed it with your propaganda ten twitter posts.

You want to take down the greatest country with the biggest guns you don't invade with bombs my friend.

Remember all the media concern and cries of unfairness when Tebow couldnt find a job although he clearly deserved one?

Nope. In fact, many celebrated. Even more they played a part in it by pushing the narrative that he was a distraction and irresponsible for not completely burying his personal beliefs.

Boy things suuuuuuure did a 180 with Kap huh

Didn't watch any football yesterday. 10% tired of politics in sports and 90% of F sports totally after another heart breaker to Florida. Went swimming with my girls and washed the truck instead.

Love the Bears hate omelettes. Pittsburg at Soldier Field. ha ha Soldier Field. Protest almost as bad as kneeling on foreign soil.

Sit by me at a baseball game if you don't want to get hit by a foul ball. Never game close to catching a foul ball. Hundreds of games not even in the same section of one no matter where I sit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT