POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I casually read Zero Hedge/Durden, and enjoy it most times, but he's way off trying to blame Kelly, claiming he lost control. Kelly was brought in because Reince was useless and to put a stop to the leakss, not be Trump's social media filter. I don't have a clue where he even got that idea. It's a completely made up assertion.
Theres been a rumor ever since Kelly was hired that he wants to stop Trumps tweeting. Not sure where it came from. I guess it could've been true, but obviously Trump will do whatever he wants. I really doubt its true though. If Kelly thought he could stop Trump from tweeting, he probably wouldn't have taken the job. No way Trump would've agreed to it.

Reactions: ymmot31
I dropped everything and read that. I'm glad I did as it's one of the most articulate and accurate things I've ever read.

I wasn't able to quote any of it, but there are several paragraphs that stood out to me. The ones on crime and reparations were especially pointed. If @jameslee32 , @fuzz77 , or @keysersosay#1 would care to read it and tell us what they disagree with, I'll be happy to explain to them why they are mistaken.

I read it too... he closes by noting

Your book reads like an American horror story because you have damned to hell the noblest and most endearing trait of those who come to this country and who love it: the Dream. You declare: “This is the foundation of the Dream—its adherents must not just believe in it but believe that it is just, believe that their possession of the Dream is the natural result of grit, honor, and good works.” Well, it is. And we, the Dreamers and achievers who continue to make this country the exceptional wonder that it is, will never capitulate to your renunciation. The world we desired has been won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is ours. And it should be yours, and your son’s.

The left doesn't want to accept that reality; they are fighting a battle that's already been won.

Thanks for posting this. Other than checking this thread once or twice a month I'm not big on politics or social issues and have never heard of Mr. Peterson. I am now a fan. Maybe I'm just that ignorant on the subjects being discussed but this right here took me for a ride. It should come with a disclaimer. Really. Strap in and hold on.

Reactions: moe_schmoe
Thanks for posting this. Other than checking this thread once or twice a month I'm not big on politics or social issues and have never heard of Mr. Peterson. I am now a fan. Maybe I'm just that ignorant on the subjects being discussed but this right here took me for a ride. It should come with a disclaimer. Really. Strap in and hold on.
https://m.youtube.com/user/JordanPetersonVideos

Reactions: DwayneMeighan
DJ71jGvV4AAEBaj.jpg

A couple of key points in this article.

1. Facial recognition technology. Hello iPhone X and the new CIA/NSA weapon to broaden their database.

2. "taking care of" 268 foster children. Wow.

Second suspect in London subway attack arrested; terror threat level downgraded to 'severe'

Little details are known about the suspects and whether they are suspected of planting or building the bomb. The 18-year-old, whom authorities tracked using facial recognition technology, was believed to be a foster child taken in by Ronald Jones, 88, and his wife, Penelope, 71, who were honored by Queen Elizabeth for taking care of 268 foster children, the Times of London reported.

I like the left talking about "God" and character and values.

But it always pisses me off when the left claims Trump talks about sexual assault. They ignore the word "Let's." Let's you. As in us guys in HS talking about girls letting us feel boobs or diddle them. Haha.

But moving on, I never voted for Trump to be a preacher. I wanted someone who was strong and ultimately, would leave Christians alone, protect us from Islam, give us the Supreme Court and fight off the Clinton machine.

What are Christians supposed to do? Vote for the party who hates them and targets them? The party who believes in late-term abortion and wants to financially ruin a Christian baker? The party who enables Islamic persecution of Christians?

Reactions: IdaCat
Didn't the NYT have a front page many eons ago that said "GOD IS DEAD"?

Christians are becoming a smaller and smaller group in the US as Atheism is on the rise. And frankly, only a subset of Christians really practice at all. They couldn't care less how many times Trump has cheated or been divorced or whatever. It's a stupid argument.

Reactions: warrior-cat

A bunch of b.s., if you ask me. That professor also comes off as a sellout, looking for a quick payday. He should have saw it through; or, at least made them admit guilt as part of the settlement. Instead, he let the University and the racist degenerates off the hook. Every single word in bold is a lie. We all saw it go down in real time.

Bret Weinstein and his wife, Heather Heying, resigned from their faculty positions effective Friday. The couple filed a $3.85 million tort claim in July alleging the college failed to “protect its employees from repeated provocative and corrosive verbal and written hostility based on race, as well as threats of physical violence,” according to the claim.

In an email to faculty and staff sent Friday about 6:40 p.m., Evergreen officials wrote that the college will pay $450,000 to the couple and $50,000 toward the couple’s attorney fees.

“In making this agreement, the college admits no liability, and rejects the allegations made in the tort claim. The educational activities of Day of Absence/Day of Presence were not discriminatory. The college took reasonable and appropriate steps to engage with protesters during spring quarter, de-escalate conflict, and keep the campus safe,” according to the email.

A bunch of b.s., if you ask me. That professor also comes off as a sellout, looking for a quick payday. He should have saw it through; or, at least made them admit guilt. Instead, he let the University and the racist degenerates off the hook. Every single word in bold is a lie. We all saw it go down in real time.

Bret Weinstein and his wife, Heather Heying, resigned from their faculty positions effective Friday. The couple filed a $3.85 million tort claim in July alleging the college failed to “protect its employees from repeated provocative and corrosive verbal and written hostility based on race, as well as threats of physical violence,” according to the claim.

In an email to faculty and staff sent Friday about 6:40 p.m., Evergreen officials wrote that the college will pay $450,000 to the couple and $50,000 toward the couple’s attorney fees.

“In making this agreement, the college admits no liability, and rejects the allegations made in the tort claim. The educational activities of Day of Absence/Day of Presence were not discriminatory. The college took reasonable and appropriate steps to engage with protesters during spring quarter, de-escalate conflict, and keep the campus safe,” according to the email.
That's the college's stance and now, by making that agreement, it's the teachers' stance. Not a good look.

It's a shame because from what I have read he was liberal. Possibly a chance for some dialog to come out of it.

Last edited:
I like the left talking about "God" and character and values.

But it always pisses me off when the left claims Trump talks about sexual assault. They ignore the word "Let's." Let's you. As in us guys in HS talking about girls letting us feel boobs or diddle them. Haha.

But moving on, I never voted for Trump to be a preacher. I wanted someone who was strong and ultimately, would leave Christians alone, protect us from Islam, give us the Supreme Court and fight off the Clinton machine.

What are Christians supposed to do? Vote for the party who hates them and targets them? The party who believes in late-term abortion and wants to financially ruin a Christian baker? The party who enables Islamic persecution of Christians?
Liberals literally boo'd God at their convention in 2012.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
That's the college's stance and now, by making that agreement, it's the teachers' stance. Not a good look.
That's exactly my point. To me, it comes off like he was only suing for the money, not the principle of the matter; otherwise, he would have at least wanted an admission of guilt, an apology, something, as part of the low ball settlement.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
Explains why Trump has been on Twitter these past few days railing about it not being strict enough.
I think it was Prebius who said 3-4 months ago that Trump wants a bigger travel ban. They've probably have had it in the works for a while now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT