POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

You've got to read how retarded liberals are on these threads. They're outraged about he golf ball meme. Same pieces of garbage didn't bat an eye at Kathy Griffin holding a mock severed head of Trump & Snoop killing Trump in a music video.

I'm just so shocked. I wonder what his motive was?

We may never know.

Two years ago, I can't tell you how many dickheads I had to argue with over what the Syrian refugee crisis was going to result in. And how it's the end of Europe and how dangerous this invasion would end up being. I got called so many names and labeled a xenophobe.

A month later, the Paris Attacks happened then countless Muslim terrorist attacks. It baffles me to see the left be able to ridicule whites over the smallest of things yet their brains are turned off when it comes to Islam.

Two years ago, I can't tell you how many dickheads I had to argue with over what the Syrian refugee crisis was going to result in. And how it's the end of Europe and how dangerous this invasion would end up being. I got called so many names and labeled a xenophobe.

A month later, the Paris Attacks happened then countless Muslim terrorist attacks. It baffles me to see the left be able to ridicule whites over the smallest of things yet their brains are turned off when it comes to Islam.
Makes it even better that Trump won. Theres probably still a good amount of refugees here, but they aren't pouring into the USA the way they were under Obama. Actually being vetted too. Been noticeably less terror attacks in the USA under Trump.

We really did dodge a freaking bullet with Hillary.

Reactions: ymmot31
Christians are becoming a smaller and smaller group in the US as Atheism is on the rise. And frankly, only a subset of Christians really practice at all. They couldn't care less how many times Trump has cheated or been divorced or whatever. It's a stupid argument.
I am one of those practicing Christians and agree with you. What people do not realize about true Christians is, we realize that God gave us the will too choose our own path. I do not have a say in what another does, if ask what I think, I will tell you but, I will never try to force you to be anything other than what you are. I will however tell you if I think you are a moron or not. Does not mean you are, just means I think you are which in reality should not matter to you if you think otherwise, unless you are a snowflake and needs a safe place to figure it out.

All that being said, I believe in our country and its laws and will protect our constitution with my last breath and believe it or not, protecting ones land is also in the bible.

Last edited:
Can't wait to be lectured by a bunch of snobbish left wing hacks from Hollywood tonight.

What a bunch of losers those people are. Nobody even watches their crap movies anymore.

Reactions: AustinTXCat

It is easy to explain, they are cowards, they know conservatives and Christians will not lift a finger to hurt them but, Muslims will take there heads off. But, what they are not factoring in is, once you piss off the right and begin to try and take our freedoms away, we will stomp a mud hole in your ass.

You've got to read how retarded liberals are on these threads. They're outraged about he golf ball meme. Same pieces of garbage didn't bat an eye at Kathy Griffin holding a mock severed head of Trump & Snoop killing Trump in a music video.
I read some of those responses and a common theme defending King was "that was fiction". [laughing] If I didn't know better I would think that some of them actually think Trump hit Hillary with a golf ball. Wait...I don't know better.

with the latest post on their site titled "Clay Travis: Boob of the Week"

If you're not familiar with Travis, he's a big Tennessee fan but he's also one of the only people in sports media in America that isn't a full blown liberal democrat. I respect him for that even though I hate the fact that he's a Tennessee fan and throws around accusations about Calipari from time to time.

But KSR isn't even trying to hide their liberal leaning anymore. Apparently they're taking the ESPN route and trying to shove it down our throats (on the day after a huge football win of all days).

I'm not going to link the article and give KSR free clicks and money, but here are some of the most interesting quotes by the their latest writer Jonathan Miller, who proudly proclaims himself a "progressive" in his KSR article, here's some of the excerpts:

"Travis has tapped into today’s tribal political zeitgeist, emerging as a cultural warrior on behalf of a mostly rural, white, conservative audience that often coincides with the President’s base. Travis’ primary troll target has been ESPN, the sports network he constantly derides as “MSESPN” for its purported lack of attention to actual sports, in favor of the liberal political causes that selected athletes have championed. Travis has reveled in ESPN’s declining ratings and recent layoffs, blaming them on the network’s focus on anti-racism protests, and gestures such as bestowing the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on the transgendered Caitlyn Jenner.

Travis’ shtick is emblematic of a growing cause célèbre among some fans (and notably many commenters on this web site): that athletes and commentators should “stick to sports.” It wasn’t that long ago when I was chastising my fellow progressives for carping about stars such as Tim Tebow who loudly proclaimed their faith and support for conservative causes. But now in our polarized body politic, it’s largely those on the right who have been critical of players, mostly African-American, who publicly register their discontent with society’s status quo."

"
Into this maelstrom leapt ESPN host Jemele Hill, who last Monday tweeted that “Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/other white supremacists.” I personally disagree with Hill: I believe that our President is a Trump supremacist, who puts his own personal interests above all others, black or white."

"
Ultimately, the idea that Jamele Hill should be fired for a tweet she typed on her own time is outrageous. Do recall that NBC never considered dismissing a certain reality TV host who waged a multi-year, racially-tinged campaign, falsely alleging that our previous president was not born in this country."

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone these days, but apparently KSR has chosen to go the ESPN route and go full blown liberal, slowly alienating a Kentucky fanbase which leans very, very far right. We'll see how that works out for Matt and the boys, but they seem to not even be trying to hide their political agenda anymore. They're putting it in your faces and shoving it down your throats and hoping that they're able to convert the people of right-leaning Kentucky to their left-wing ideology. For them to disrespect our duly elected president (who won the state in a landslide) is beyond shameful and I urge anyone out there to boycott KSR which has turned into a full blown liberal mouthpiece that openly mocks our current president and promotes liberal democratic policies.

This is a football board and you're rambling about politics. What a psycho...

There is a political thread on the general discussion board.

Nobody here wants the board flooded with your political beliefs, nor does anyone care. Take the crybaby stuff elsewhere.

And guess what ---> if you don't like KSR you don't have to go there. Plenty of sites with UK info and zero politics if it bothers you.

with the latest post on their site titled "Clay Travis: Boob of the Week"

If you're not familiar with Travis, he's a big Tennessee fan but he's also one of the only people in sports media in America that isn't a full blown liberal democrat. I respect him for that even though I hate the fact that he's a Tennessee fan and throws around accusations about Calipari from time to time.

But KSR isn't even trying to hide their liberal leaning anymore. Apparently they're taking the ESPN route and trying to shove it down our throats (on the day after a huge football win of all days).

I'm not going to link the article and give KSR free clicks and money, but here are some of the most interesting quotes by the their latest writer Jonathan Miller, who proudly proclaims himself a "progressive" in his KSR article, here's some of the excerpts:

"Travis has tapped into today’s tribal political zeitgeist, emerging as a cultural warrior on behalf of a mostly rural, white, conservative audience that often coincides with the President’s base. Travis’ primary troll target has been ESPN, the sports network he constantly derides as “MSESPN” for its purported lack of attention to actual sports, in favor of the liberal political causes that selected athletes have championed. Travis has reveled in ESPN’s declining ratings and recent layoffs, blaming them on the network’s focus on anti-racism protests, and gestures such as bestowing the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on the transgendered Caitlyn Jenner.

Travis’ shtick is emblematic of a growing cause célèbre among some fans (and notably many commenters on this web site): that athletes and commentators should “stick to sports.” It wasn’t that long ago when I was chastising my fellow progressives for carping about stars such as Tim Tebow who loudly proclaimed their faith and support for conservative causes. But now in our polarized body politic, it’s largely those on the right who have been critical of players, mostly African-American, who publicly register their discontent with society’s status quo."

"
Into this maelstrom leapt ESPN host Jemele Hill, who last Monday tweeted that “Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/other white supremacists.” I personally disagree with Hill: I believe that our President is a Trump supremacist, who puts his own personal interests above all others, black or white."

"
Ultimately, the idea that Jamele Hill should be fired for a tweet she typed on her own time is outrageous. Do recall that NBC never considered dismissing a certain reality TV host who waged a multi-year, racially-tinged campaign, falsely alleging that our previous president was not born in this country."

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone these days, but apparently KSR has chosen to go the ESPN route and go full blown liberal, slowly alienating a Kentucky fanbase which leans very, very far right. We'll see how that works out for Matt and the boys, but they seem to not even be trying to hide their political agenda anymore. They're putting it in your faces and shoving it down your throats and hoping that they're able to convert the people of right-leaning Kentucky to their left-wing ideology. For them to disrespect our duly elected president (who won the state in a landslide) is beyond shameful and I urge anyone out there to boycott KSR which has turned into a full blown liberal mouthpiece that openly mocks our current president and promotes liberal democratic policies.
They do seem to be quite progressive. I prefer to separate politics from sports.

Nobody here wants the board flooded with your political beliefs, nor does anyone care. Take the crybaby stuff elsewhere.

And guess what ---> if you don't like KSR you don't have to go there. Plenty of sites with UK info and zero politics if it bothers you.

Someone is triggered and needs a safe space

They're the most popular sports website in Kentucky. If you don't see how their ideology relates to Kentucky football and Kentucky sports in general then you're pretty naive.

It's not my call and those who own it are free to do with it what they will but I just can't see how sponsoring Jonathan millers shit on their site is helpful to them. He's a full tilt dyed in the wool unapologetic left winger with little quarter for even moderate views based on my estimation of what I've accidentally read of his over time.

He's free to be that. They are free to give it a home. I just don't get it. And clearly it does little good for changing the progressive foot print in the state.

Again, you don't win elections by telling people who go to work every day to pay taxes they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Those guys don't give a damn about labor and wages in this country and jump all over every identity politics issue that is hurtful and divisive and will never be resolved. The left wing has lost its value to the American voter. Start caring about kitchen table issues instead of all the other pointless crap.

All that said I don't get any of it on a sports board. It has to run some people off. Of course part of how they do it is that no one else offers their level and intensity of coverage so most people endure it I suppose.

If you were following your own advice, wouldn't you have stayed out of this thread if you didn't like it?

Besides, you're wrong. It's Kentucky SPORTS Radio. Football is a Kentucky SPORT. And for some unknown reason, UK has chosen Matt Jones to be a big part of our athletic program. So the concern is apt.

Their political beliefs have literally nothing to do with Kentucky football or basketball. Nobody is being swayed by what Matt Jones says on sports radio.

Just never understood hating someone because they view politics differently. Posting here ranting about it is just as bad as Matt Jones bringing up politics on his show. It's totally hypocritical.

It's a sports show, as this is a sports message board. Politics don't belong in either and in fact they have a special political thread here just for such discussion.

I'm just so shocked. I wonder what his motive was?

We may never know.
And remember when Trump tweeted this, particularly the bold part -- "Another attack in London by a loser terrorist. These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!”-- and everyone, including May, jumped his shit for it, claiming there was zero evidence to support what he said and that he was making it up? Guess what...

London Tube attack: Suspect identified as Yahyah Farroukh

A neighbour of the foster parents said an 18-year-old man in their care had been arrested two weeks ago in Parsons Green — the same area where the bomb was planted.

Their is no hate. Hate is a word that is being thrown around so loosely that one day will have no real meaning because it is used so liberally. Just like racism, its used so much that people really have no idea what the real meaning is.
Just never understood hating someone because they view politics differently

Reactions: jnewc2
Their is no hate. Hate is a word that is being thrown around so loosely that one day will have no real meaning because it is used so liberally. Just like racism, its used so much that people really have no idea what the real meaning is.
True for use of both words already. Who gives a f if someone calls you such? That's on them.

Clay Travis is about whoever or whatever will give him air time. He cares about about sports issues or political issues only as much as they can promote him.

He does love UT and hates UK. But even there, he will throw UT under the bus if he can get a few more clicks.

If you're using him to support your political point of view, I would recommend finding a better argument.

There's no way I'm ever fighting for him.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT