POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey Matt, I love the show but Shannon the Dude brings NOTHING. Everytime he speaks I feel like its a waste of airtime. Zero personality, no comic ability, nothing interesting and can't take a joke when you tease him. He always sounds like he's on the edge of going off when you disagree. He's the weak link.
Drew is hilarious. A truly talented guy and brings funny insight.
Ryan is perfect. A train wreck that has a good heart.
Can Shannon the debby downer and you've got an all star team.

Just never understood hating someone because they view politics differently. Posting here ranting about it is just as bad as Matt Jones bringing up politics on his show. It's totally hypocritical.

It's not that people are tired of people having different political views, it's that people are tired of being called ignorant, racist, xenophobic, islamophic, bigoted, uneducated white people, etc, etc simply because they disagree with liberals. That's the problem.

For the most part, politics hasn't been like this. Conservatives and liberals disagreed but you could at least see where the other side was coming from. Now, one side has decided to go all in on identity politics and acts surprised when other sides react poorly to that.

It's understandable to say leave politics out of sports when it's a discussion on taxes or foreign policy. But when one side is hellbent on calling you a racist white guy every day, in a market where a majority percentage of the consumer is white men, how are you supposed to react to that? You're being called out for your race and gender. I thought that was wrong?

Matt Jones post game show is a joke! His football iq is non existent. He harped about Drew Barker playing two series for 3 days straight. A man calls in to the show and explains it was planned and drew comes to work every day in practice just like the rest of the team. Let's reward him with a series or two and just get him some game reps when it means something.
Matt says ok that's pretty good explanation then ten minutes later he's spewing the same crap as before.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
I'm sure their (KSR) ratings are still doing fine, but to be honest I've started listening to the mid-day Rush on 680. They are more entertaining and have hardly any commercials. Lach and Andy have great chemistry and it's not forced (and it's not a damn echo chamber of thoughts/opinions).

I bet they don't have a restaurant contest either.
I'm sure their (KSR) ratings are still doing fine, but to be honest I've started listening to the mid-day Rush on 680. They are more entertaining and have hardly any commercials. Lach and Andy have great chemistry and it's not forced (and it's not a damn echo chamber of thoughts/opinions).

Pretty simple. If you do not like the show don't listen to it or visit their website. Not sure why people stress themselves out when they have so many other choices in life to spend their time on.

I'm sure Matt and KSR will be off the air any day now due to their political leanings. Especially given the ultra-right political views of the UK fan base.

Reactions: Mills_for_Three
with the latest post on their site titled "Clay Travis: Boob of the Week"

If you're not familiar with Travis, he's a big Tennessee fan but he's also one of the only people in sports media in America that isn't a full blown liberal democrat. I respect him for that even though I hate the fact that he's a Tennessee fan and throws around accusations about Calipari from time to time.

But KSR isn't even trying to hide their liberal leaning anymore. Apparently they're taking the ESPN route and trying to shove it down our throats (on the day after a huge football win of all days).

I'm not going to link the article and give KSR free clicks and money, but here are some of the most interesting quotes by the their latest writer Jonathan Miller, who proudly proclaims himself a "progressive" in his KSR article, here's some of the excerpts:

"Travis has tapped into today’s tribal political zeitgeist, emerging as a cultural warrior on behalf of a mostly rural, white, conservative audience that often coincides with the President’s base. Travis’ primary troll target has been ESPN, the sports network he constantly derides as “MSESPN” for its purported lack of attention to actual sports, in favor of the liberal political causes that selected athletes have championed. Travis has reveled in ESPN’s declining ratings and recent layoffs, blaming them on the network’s focus on anti-racism protests, and gestures such as bestowing the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on the transgendered Caitlyn Jenner.

Travis’ shtick is emblematic of a growing cause célèbre among some fans (and notably many commenters on this web site): that athletes and commentators should “stick to sports.” It wasn’t that long ago when I was chastising my fellow progressives for carping about stars such as Tim Tebow who loudly proclaimed their faith and support for conservative causes. But now in our polarized body politic, it’s largely those on the right who have been critical of players, mostly African-American, who publicly register their discontent with society’s status quo."

"
Into this maelstrom leapt ESPN host Jemele Hill, who last Monday tweeted that “Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/other white supremacists.” I personally disagree with Hill: I believe that our President is a Trump supremacist, who puts his own personal interests above all others, black or white."

"
Ultimately, the idea that Jamele Hill should be fired for a tweet she typed on her own time is outrageous. Do recall that NBC never considered dismissing a certain reality TV host who waged a multi-year, racially-tinged campaign, falsely alleging that our previous president was not born in this country."

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone these days, but apparently KSR has chosen to go the ESPN route and go full blown liberal, slowly alienating a Kentucky fanbase which leans very, very far right. We'll see how that works out for Matt and the boys, but they seem to not even be trying to hide their political agenda anymore. They're putting it in your faces and shoving it down your throats and hoping that they're able to convert the people of right-leaning Kentucky to their left-wing ideology. For them to disrespect our duly elected president (who won the state in a landslide) is beyond shameful and I urge anyone out there to boycott KSR which has turned into a full blown liberal mouthpiece that openly mocks our current president and promotes liberal democratic policies.

Idc if Clay Travis is a conservative or not(I am), he's an ignorant jackass

Reactions: Mills_for_Three
I am one of those practicing Christians and agree with you. What people do not realize about true Christians is, we realize that God gave us the will too choose our own path. I do not have a say in what another does, if ask what I think, I will tell you but, I will never try to force you to be anything other than what you are. I will however tell you if I think you are a moron or not. Does not mean you are, just means I think you are which in reality should not matter to you if you think otherwise, unless you are a snowflake and needs a safe place to figure it out.

All that being said, I believe in our country and its laws and will protect our constitution with my last breath and believe it or not, protecting ones land is also in the bible.
[jumpingsmile]

Huh? There's video.

Lawrence and Montrezl Harrell...

grGTPUb.gif
@Willy4UK finally made the big time.

This is my first time HashTagging or whatever it is.... so like Tommy Chong said "I hope I don't......up"

Last edited:
Why do I think the end result of this thread is more publicity for Clay Travis and KSR? They're both likely to read the thread and maybe bring it up.

Whether I've just been trolled or not, I'm moving on to discussions about football.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If we ever go to a one party system, America no longer exist. It will not be a party, it will be a dictatorship. I will like many others, choose to fight another civil war.
I agree. But, I think some of these people make an I D 10 T fault and automatically assume it will be the "progressive" party that will win.... What will they say if it goes the other way?

The article isn't remotely political. It's about what a total douche Clay Travis is. You guys whine and complain every time KSR even hints at something that ya'll can skew into bashing them over politics.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
I am one of those practicing Christians and agree with you. What people do not realize about true Christians is, we realize that God gave us the will too choose our own path. I do not have a say in what another does, if ask what I think, I will tell you but, I will never try to force you to be anything other than what you are. I will however tell you if I think you are a moron or not. Does not mean you are, just means I think you are which in reality should not matter to you if you think otherwise, unless you are a snowflake and needs a safe place to figure it out.

All that being said, I believe in our country and its laws and will protect our constitution with my last breath and believe it or not, protecting ones land is also in the bible.
Another professed 'true christian' who does nothing but bash people. You guys worship a different Jesus than the one in the New Testament. This is why people are leaving the Christian church in droves - it is full of hypocrites. The modern day Pharisees Jesus loathed.

[laughing] They weren’t messing around tonight. LEOs surrounded the entire protest, boxed them in, maced every single fool in attendance , then locked all their asses up. No mercy.

Starting at the 34 minute mark.

They were told to disperse, they didn't, and each one of them is too stupid to understand they were breaking the law at that point. They were breaking the law before then, but the police were willing to overlook that one if they had just left the area.

"we're drowning in mace" [laughing]

I like Clay Travis; he does a good job calling these nutjob athletes and lib sports writers out, and he's correct that the majority of sports writers are way liberal while the majority of their audience tilts right.

Matt Jones, while great at developing himself as the preeminent UK sports media personally, doesn't seem to care that his audience tilts way conservative. Fortunately for him, most overlook his liberal ideology and put up with it for the UK stuff. I like Jones personally, but I wish everybody would "stick to sports".

Reactions: madison1329
I like Clay Travis; he does a good job calling these nutjob athletes and lib sports writers out, and he's correct that the majority of sports writers are way liberal while the majority of their audience tilts right.

Matt Jones, while great at developing himself as the preeminent UK sports media personally, doesn't seem to care that his audience tilts way conservative. Fortunately for him, most overlook his liberal ideology and put up with it for the UK stuff. I like Jones personally, but I wish everybody would "stick to sports".
I really enjoy Matt as an entertainer. As a person or politician, I likely wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

His arrogance and burning desire to be a part of gov't will be his downfall and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching his overzealous, hard-headed ass go down in flames.

[laughing] They weren’t messing around tonight. LEOs surrounded the entire protest, boxed them in, maced every single fool in attendance , then locked all their asses up. No mercy.

Starting at the 34 minute mark.

Haha, love the guy at the end "someone please pick up my boyfriend at the airport if i'm not out of jail" :joy:

They were told to disperse, they didn't, and each one of them is too stupid to understand they were breaking the law at that point. They were breaking the law before then, but the police were willing to overlook that one if they had just left the area.

"we're drowning in mace" [laughing]
In his mind he was documenting the cruelty for sympathy and outrage.

Another professed 'true christian' who does nothing but bash people. You guys worship a different Jesus than the one in the New Testament. This is why people are leaving the Christian church in droves - it is full of hypocrites. The modern day Pharisees Jesus loathed.

You don't believe in and follow Christ because of what other people are doing. Just because someone isn't sincere or "isn't doing it right" doesn't affect your personal relationship with Jesus. I pray for these people, just like I do the sick, the hungry, the poor, children, friends, family and myself. We are human. We're not perfect. That's why we need Jesus. Thats what Christians believe. And if you don't believe it or want to knock it, that's your choice. But I find it funny all these people that call Christians crazy, practically bend the knee to Islam and their religious beliefs. Quite hypocritical if you ask me.

That said, sure there are a lot of hypocrites in churches... just like there are in schools, government, hospitals, and your very own home. I mean check your own posts on this board. You call people hypocrites for refusing to say a bad thing about Trump (where a lot of fake stories are put out daily), all while you refuse to say a bad thing about Obama (Iran nuke deal, bringing racial tension to new heights). You call people hypocrite who actually condemned the KKK and Neo-Nazis all while not only never condemning acts of antifa, but pretty much endorsing them.

See? Hypocrisy isn't just for church.

Matt is going into politics and will be running as a democrat.

Aside from that, don't go to his site if you are just going to come here to cry about it. There are enough pussies on these forums as it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT