POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It cracks me up watching different media channels after speeches like this. I purposely watched CNN to see the immediate reaction and sure enough they had someone telling you how horrible the RAISE ACT would be for Americans and how it is un-American. Then I flip to Fox News and they have people on telling you how great it will be for the economy and raise wages and etc.

I don't think there is any doubt that Fox News has the most truthful commentary, but it amazes me the amount of pandering regardless of side. I just wish that people wanted to truth and would provide facts that prove a point. Not skewed statistics from bias outlets, but cold hard facts.

cutting immigration is short sighted. Growing shortage of workers as the boomers retire and they aren't replaced. I do find it funny that it's ok for American workers to have to compete for high wage jobs but they shouldn't for low wage jobs. Which has the biggest shortage, low skilled jobs that unemployed folks don't want.

And don't bitch about immigrants lowering wages when you're against minimum wages and unions that were the backbone of the middle class becoming the middle class.

Reactions: The-Hack
eek.gif
+ [laughing]

President Trump told Bedminster Club members he golfs so much because ‘White House is a real dump’.

Telework, Mr. President.
you stay classy Trump! Mr silver spoon, White House just isn't good enough for the king. I can only imagine the uproar if Obama had said this. But we used to have a classy President who showed respect for the office.

Or perhaps there are many more out there than you ever realized.

We have one in our office, one of our neighbors has a "new" son...and at a recent class reunion learned of a classmate who has changed as well as two children of old classmates.

Kind of like when being gay became more accepted you learned there were many more gays out there than you ever imagined.

Probably lies.

Good thing I'm not in your state. Or I'd be calling the state for child abuse on those parents and have those kids removed. Period.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
It cracks me up watching different media channels after speeches like this. I purposely watched CNN to see the immediate reaction and sure enough they had someone telling you how horrible the RAISE ACT would be for Americans and how it is un-American. Then I flip to Fox News and they have people on telling you how great it will be for the economy and raise wages and etc.

I don't think there is any doubt that Fox News has the most truthful commentary, but it amazes me the amount of pandering regardless of side. I just wish that people wanted to truth and would provide facts that prove a point. Not skewed statistics from bias outlets, but cold hard facts.
Yeah and Fox News website rarely has anything on the top of the page that is the least bit hurtful to Trump. What do expect from the state media mouthpiece of the WH.

Fox News and cold hard facts are an oxymoron.

Dude. Just shut the hell up. You don't respond when you get worked over. You Tuck your tail and run like a little Beyotch. Just yesterday I quoted two of your posts that happened within 5 minutes where you contradicted yourself. Of course you didn't reply.

There are numerous people in here who have criticized things trump has done. You can't say the same about your side and Barack or HRC. when you get out of mommies basement ad get a job, maybe you'll understand.
Oh I didn't realize I was here to watch out for your posts. I post what I want when I want. Unlike most on here, I'm a bit too busy to be F5'ing all day.

cutting immigration is short sighted. Growing shortage of workers as the boomers retire and they aren't replaced. I do find it funny that it's ok for American workers to have to compete for high wage jobs but they shouldn't for low wage jobs. Which has the biggest shortage, low skilled jobs that unemployed folks don't want.

And don't bitch about immigrants lowering wages when you're against minimum wages and unions that were the backbone of the middle class becoming the middle class.

It's going to be a long 7 1/2 years for you w/ The Donald....then 8 w/ Ivanka.

Shew wee. #prayers

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Yeah and Fox News website rarely has anything on the top of the page that is the least bit hurtful to Trump. What do expect from the state media mouthpiece of the WH.

Fox News and cold hard facts are an oxymoron.
Didn't say Fox News only state's cold hard facts. I, unlike you, can admit when my party is in the wrong or my preferred media outlet shows biases. Fox News does have commentators who disagree with Trump and share news when it isn't in a positive light. Can you provide a single example from CNN where they've reported anything positive on Trump or have a major commentator that leans toward agreeing with Trump?

Nope.
None.
Zero.

The minimum wage has never been "the backbone of the middle class becoming the middle class".

Reactions: rudd1
I really don't see how anyone could be against the raise act. We need more high skill immigrants, I don't see how anybody could argue against it.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Probably lies.

Good thing I'm not in your state. Or I'd be calling the state for child abuse on those parents and have those kids removed. Period.
Those parents are near 60 yrs old and their children in their 20's and 30's. They removed themselves years ago.

BTW, my office is in Tampa as are some of those parents/"kids". Call away.

Or perhaps there are many more out there than you ever realized.

We have one in our office, one of our neighbors has a "new" son...and at a recent class reunion learned of a classmate who has changed as well as two children of old classmates.

Kind of like when being gay became more accepted you learned there were many more gays out there than you ever imagined.
None of what you just spewed makes these "transformations" any less repulsive. Mentally ill, all of them. Moreover, you can't always tell who is or isn't gay just by looking. It's quite easy to readily identify these freaks, as a bizarre appearance speaks for itself. The only occasional difficulty is determining if it's a man to a "woman", or woman to a "man".

Though my distaste for this foolishness is obvious, I will admit that my curiosity is a bit piqued by some of the various scenarios involved with this.

For example: a man and a woman have a child together. The man decides to become a "woman", subsequent to the birth; and the woman decides to become a "man".

Does this mean that the birth father is now the mother? And does this mean that the birth mother is now the father?

Riddle me that, Fuzz. I would submit that the birth father is still the father, and that the birth mother is still the mother, but it's also nice to have a SJW perspective.

Though my distaste for this foolishness is obvious, I will admit that my curiosity is a bit piqued by some of the various scenarios involved with this.

For example: a man and a woman have a child together. The man decides to become a "woman", subsequent to the birth; and the woman decides to become a "man".

Does this mean that the birth father is now the mother? And does this mean that the birth mother is now the father?

Riddle me that, Fuzz. I would submit that the birth father is still the father, and that the birth mother is still the mother, but it's also nice to have a SJW perspective.
I guess that's all up to how that family chooses to handle it. It's their business, not yours or mine.

Those parents are near 60 yrs old and their children in their 20's and 30's. They removed themselves years ago.

BTW, my office is in Tampa as are some of those parents/"kids". Call away.

They're legal adults. They can do whatever they want.

Didn't say Fox News only state's cold hard facts. I, unlike you, can admit when my party is in the wrong or my preferred media outlet shows biases. Fox News does have commentators who disagree with Trump and share news when it isn't in a positive light. Can you provide a single example from CNN where they've reported anything positive on Trump or have a major commentator that leans toward agreeing with Trump?

Nope.
None.
Zero.

I prefer to lurk on this thread more than post, but I will say that CNN frequently has people on that agree with Trump. They hired both Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany, whom are big Trump supporters and whom often defend him on CNN. Both of them were included on the CNN panels during the debates during the election. CNN would also frequently bring in Kellyanne Conway to speak on these post-debate panels. You also had several CNN commentators, including the very liberal Van Jones praise Trump for his speech before the widow of the fallen US soldier, and even called it one of the most extraordinary moments in American politics. You find the coverage of CNN to be unfair to Trump, but Fox was the station that criticized Obama for his choice of mustard.

I think that if we're really honest about it... if you lean more one way then you're going to believe that the news source that caters to your lean is more fair and balanced. I think both obviously have a bias, but how much we perceive that bias depends upon whether we agree with the bias or not.

None of what you just spewed makes these "transformations" any less repulsive. Mentally ill, all of them. Moreover, you can't always tell who is or isn't gay just by looking. It's quite easy to readily identify these freaks, as a bizarre appearance speaks for itself. The only occasional difficulty is determining if it's a man to a "woman", or woman to a "man".
Mentally ill? Perhaps but we know mental illness to be a real thing. Does it repulse you when people have illnesses or conditions that disfigure their bodies?
Seeing a 400# woman or man waddle down the street is pretty repulsive too. As are people who allow their teeth to rot.

FYI, you can't always tell someone is transgender by just looking either.

I guess that's all up to how that family chooses to handle it. It's their business, not yours or mine.

When members of the Govt, and fringe members of society try to push their mental illness as being healthy, then it becomes all of our business.
A person that thinks they are the opposite sex has a mental illness that needs to be treated. We are not helping those folks that feel that way, we are providing them a disservice, and all of society suffers from it.

I prefer to lurk on this thread more than post, but I will say that CNN frequently has people on that agree with Trump. They hired both Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany, whom are big Trump supporters and whom often defend him on CNN. Both of them were included on the CNN panels during the debates during the election. CNN would also frequently bring in Kellyanne Conway to speak on these post-debate panels. You also had several CNN commentators, including the very liberal Van Jones praise Trump for his speech before the widow of the fallen US soldier, and even called it one of the most extraordinary moments in American politics. You find the coverage of CNN to be unfair to Trump, but Fox was the station that criticized Obama for his choice of mustard.

I think that if we're really honest about it... if you lean more one way then you're going to believe that the news source that caters to your lean is more fair and balanced. I think both obviously have a bias, but how much we perceive that bias depends upon whether we agree with the bias or not.

The sooner the term "News" stops being used in reference to CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, the better. It's not news. It's opinion/commentary. News doesn't get ratings. If you put an unbiased drone in primetime rattling off boring news stories from around the country, nobody would watch it. Right wingers watch Fox because Hannity feeds them what they want to hear. Left wingers watch MSNBC because Rachel Maddow does likewise. It's that simple. CNN isn't fake news any more than Fox is, because none of it is "news."

Mentally ill? Perhaps but we know mental illness to be a real thing. Does it repulse you when people have illnesses or conditions that disfigure their bodies?
Seeing a 400# woman or man waddle down the street is pretty repulsive too. As are people who allow their teeth to rot.

First, there is no "perhaps" to it. They are mentally ill. Period.

Second, it does repulse to see a 400 pound pig waddling down the street. I finally agree with you on something.

Finally, yes, you can always tell. It's quite easy to identify a freak with freakishness exceeding that of a paid circus freak.

No, but we don't try to convince people that any of those conditions are perfectly normal, because we know they aren't.

3690581438001_5444001393001_image-1495483871321.jpg

The sooner the term "News" stops being used in reference to CNN, Fox, and MSNBC, the better. It's not news. It's opinion/commentary. News doesn't get ratings. If you put an unbiased drone in primetime rattling off boring news stories from around the country, nobody would watch it. Right wingers watch Fox because Hannity feeds them what they want to hear. Left wingers watch MSNBC because Rachel Maddow does likewise. It's that simple. CNN isn't fake news any more than Fox is, because none of it is "news."

You are exactly right, the "news" is now opinion instead of reporting what actually happened.

I wouldn't mind the way the media handles Trump if they treated all Presidents that way. The closer eye they keep on them, the more safe the Constitution is in my opinion. The problem I have is that they basically gave Obama the fan boy treatment the last 8 years, acting like teenage girls at Justin Bieber concert towards him.

You are exactly right, the "news" is now opinion instead of reporting what actually happened.

I wouldn't mind the way the media handles Trump if they treated all Presidents that way. The closer eye they keep on them, the more safe the Constitution is in my opinion. The problem I have is that they basically gave Obama the fan boy treatment the last 8 years, acting like teenage girls at Justin Bieber concert towards him.

Yeah, no doubt. The entire "system" has been turned on its ear by Trump and nobody in Washington or the media likes it. They were never even nearly this hard on W.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT