POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks. As I suspected, the CBO was way off.
Not exactly.
CBO’s mistake was in estimating where the uninsured would get covered, not how many of them would gain coverage. I might add that historically where the CBO has been off, it has been more optimistic than pessimistic. So if it estimates that 24 million would be without coverage that is likely a best case. If they are off, the numbers will likely be higher than 24 million.

Not exactly.
CBO’s mistake was in estimating where the uninsured would get covered, not how many of them would gain coverage. I might add that historically where the CBO has been off, it has been more optimistic than pessimistic. So if it estimates that 24 million would be without coverage that is likely a best case. If they are off, the numbers will likely be higher than 24 million.
Do you really believe that? Then that's your problem. For the record I don't think you and rq are the same guy at all. 24 million is the worst case scenario, that's how these things work. If they are talking about spending money, then the estimate will be much lower than the actual cost. Unless, that is, they are talking about the dollar cost of something like man made global warming, then the estimate will overestimated exponentially.

You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em. It's tricky until you learn the secret.

Reactions: Bill Derington
Interesting perspective on the Middle East, obviously from one person's self-interested point of view, but in my opinion accurate. Simply put....we identify by country, the Middle East identifies by tribe and religious sect. By ignoring this truth we will never advance long-term peace in the Middle East.

http://www.jpost.com/Blogs/Inside-the-Beltway/Biggest-Crisis-Since-the-Time-of-Mohammad-484067
Good find. Not mentioned specifically in the article but goes along with the mistake wrapping of all Muslims into one bundle. All Muslims are no more alike than are Catholics and the Amish.

Not exactly.

So you're saying the CBO was wrong one way, also wrong the opposite way, but since they were so wrong in different directions, the net of the wrongs luckily got to a number that happened to be within a margin that you'd generously call accurate, and for that reason, the CBO is valuable?

Why not just have monkeys throw shit at the wall, and whichever one gets closest to the "correct" adjusted estimate number in hindsight is crowned the CBO?

The last Drive By Truckers release was similar but slanted more towards racism, double standards and bigotry. I just listen to it for what it is, great music with another person's point of view.
I have usually approached music and cinema in the same way. However, recently I am starting to have second thoughts about that perspective. I keep asking myself why am I funding someone to use their fame as a political soap box to try and promote things that I disagree with and often find offensive. Our resident super fan, Ashley Judd, is a prime example. Although her career seems to over, I think I would have a hard time giving her some of my money so she can continue to rail against the things I believe in. It's really been a struggle with me lately on how to deal with some of these artists in a way that doesn't leave me at least partially dissatisfied.

Do you really believe that? Then that's your problem. For the record I don't think you and rq are the same guy at all. 24 million is the worst case scenario, that's how these things work. If they are talking about spending money, then the estimate will be much lower than the actual cost. Unless, that is, they are talking about the dollar cost of something like man made global warming, then the estimate will overestimated exponentially.

You've got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em. It's tricky until you learn the secret.
This is absolutely true. Situational estimates will always be tapered to what ever the agenda is.

New Swedish flag is out

6suxyM3.png

50.jpg

PoliticsTeam 5ptsmoderatorFeatured24 minutes ago

There was an awkward moment in the Oval Office when Merkel asked Trump if he wanted to do a handshake for the press.

He didn't respond.

Trump has shaken hands with British Prime Minister Theresa May and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

[laughing]

Swedish Flag: Ouch

Did a little reading on that Josh Barro guy.....Harvard grad, father is a fairly well known and published economist....no surprise he's ate up with himself. That's about as asshole elitist East Coast as it gets. Despise the type.

My dad used to get CBO for free after they''d scramble it -- swear to God that he actually used aluminum foil on the back of the TV somehow or other....

I watched "Alien", "The Shining" and I think "Sakharov" 23 times each that summer.....

PS: Brandi just showed me the Trump / Frau Merkel moment -- seems a bit overblown ...

Every so often, after long day's of valiantly fighting the enemy hordes in this political forum, I ask myself if it's truly worth it. The mental anguish, the long sleepless nights, having to read incessantly through their misguided words of vermin lies and angst...can I carry on and keep fighting.

And then I remember what's at stake....and I know in my heart it's worth the battle to the bitter end.....

17362589_936731649795947_1453501933994871786_n.jpg

Interesting comment and background from this CNN guy, via TheHill:

"The president looked like a third-grader in that interview yesterday trying to squirm out of a lie."

The heads of the Senate Intelligence Committee said in a statement Thursday they have seen no evidence that the Obama administration “wiretapped” Trump Tower.

“Based on the information available to us, we see no indications that Trump Tower was the subject of surveillance by any element of the United States government either before or after Election Day 2016,” Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Mark Warner (D-Va.) said in a joint statement. No further details were provided.

Chalian joined CNN in 2013. He had previously been fired from Yahoo News in 2012 after criticizing Republicans for moving ahead with the Republican National Convention in Tampa during a major hurricane slamming the Gulf Coast.

"They’re not concerned at all," Chalian said on a hot mic, as first reported by then-Politico reporter Dylan Byers. "They’re happy to have a party with black people drowning."

Chalian was immediately terminated for the remark after the audio was made public. He joined CNN the following year to be the executive producer of a rebooted "Crossfire" before being promoted to political director.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Interesting perspective on the Middle East, obviously from one person's self-interested point of view, but in my opinion accurate. Simply put....we identify by country, the Middle East identifies by tribe and religious sect. By ignoring this truth we will never advance long-term peace in the Middle East.

http://www.jpost.com/Blogs/Inside-the-Beltway/Biggest-Crisis-Since-the-Time-of-Mohammad-484067
Exactly!!!! The book "Infidel" illustrates these truths very well. As long as we are not a muslim country, no matter what we do; no matter how much aid we give them they will always side against us with other muslims.

GOP rep: Trump owes Obama apology for 'reckless' wiretap claim

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) on Friday called for President Trump to apologize to former President Obama for accusing him of "wiretapping" Trump Tower without evidence.

"I see no indication that's true. It's not a charge that I would ever have ever made, and frankly unless he can produce some pretty compelling proof, then I think President Obama is owed an apology in that regard," Cole said.

I think its interesting that Obama has left town for a month without Michelle and the kids. Maybe he knows the proof is coming out very soon, and hes getting out of dodge.

#ArrestObama.

GOP rep: Trump owes Obama apology for 'reckless' wiretap claim

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) on Friday called for President Trump to apologize to former President Obama for accusing him of "wiretapping" Trump Tower without evidence.

"I see no indication that's true. It's not a charge that I would ever have ever made, and frankly unless he can produce some pretty compelling proof, then I think President Obama is owed an apology in that regard," Cole said.
Trump will offer an apology as soon as every single person (including Obama and Hillary) who accused him of colluding with the Russians, without a shred of evidence, apologizes to him.

It makes me sick how the media is always trying to whip old people into a frenzy. The BS story of the day is that Trump will cut meals on wheels. A total lie.

Reactions: Willy4UK
CNN lied again? No way.

Russian Bank Claims Trump Server Story May Have Been a Hoax

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/17/russian-bank-claims-trump-server-story-may-have-been-a-hoax/
This doesn't surprise me. Circa News has been the best at covering the Trump/Russia story. They published a story last week about the server narrative being pushed by a Hillary donor, who happens to be a computer scientist.

http://circa.com/politics/accountab...russia-computer-narrative-investigated-by-fbi

http://circa.com/politics/alfa-bank...omputer-connections-may-have-been-hacker-hoax

It makes me sick how the media is always trying to whip old people into a frenzy. The BS story of the day is that Trump will cut meals on wheels. A total lie.
60 Minutes sunday night will cover how Trump is going to starve Kenyans and Somalians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT