POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a bar certified attorney and a CPA. My job depends on my abilities to research the tax code and supporting rules and regulations, analyze those laws and apply those laws to a given set of facts.

So yes, I'm undoubtedly more qualified to determine the impacts of legislation than you are at anything you've done in your life.
Not everybody is good at their jobs...maybe you're one of them.
CBO <> me...or did you forget who you were being measured against?

The ex is a JD/eMBA/CPA with her degrees from Penn/Wharton so forgive me if I'm not overly impressed. We disagreed about a lot of things, rarely was it politics.

Understanding the macroeconomic effects of legislation isn't the same as advising any given client how said legislation will affect them.

Not everybody is good at their jobs...maybe you're one of them.
CBO <> me...or did you forget who you were being measured against?

The ex is a JD/eMBA/CPA with her degrees from Penn/Wharton so forgive me if I'm not overly impressed. We disagreed about a lot of things, rarely was it politics.

Understanding the macroeconomic effects of legislation isn't the same as advising any given client how said legislation will affect them.

You asked me to "Remind us all your qualifications to determine the effects of legislation and why you are better equipped to do so."

I reminded "you all". Various states and professional governing bodies have certified me as better equipped than you.

If you were talking about the CBO, I'm pretty sure I could probably analyze a bill on strictly dictated terms and parameters to come to whatever conclusion I was supposed to come to.

Do us all a favor and spend the next few days off of Catpaw and look up all the CBO projections for Obamacare and tell us how they stack up against the reality of Obamacare.

Open question to anyone that can help

And I'm not trying to "play gotcha" with anyone here

But I've read the text on the previous iteration of the Immigration Exec Order and never saw anything mentioning a ban

The stated intent was to take 7 specific nations (I think that # went down now? Will have to do some fact checking tonight) ... and have a 120 day vetting performed on immigrants arriving from those nations

Once properly vetted - they'd be allowed in

The Order also set an annual quota of immigrants that was comparable to what both Obama and Bush had been allowing

So I may have missed something along the way - it happens

Can someone please either:

a) Tell me what I've missed and how an actual "BAN" is being attempted - seriously, if I've missed it - I want to get better educated on the issue

or

b) Admit that this isn't a BAN - and never was

PS: you have to admit that's it's interesting how our last two Presidents BOMBED THE SHIT OUT OF about 5 of those 7 nations ....and apparently THAT was ok for our media and other activists..........

just don't review their background when they want to come here I guess.......

Reactions: bigbluefattycat
How often did Republicans take Obama at his word?
Let's see...most obvious evidence. Honolulu newspapers dated August 1961 listing new births at local hospital...

I'm not sure what "most obvious evidence" exists with any of the questions surrounding Trump. The man makes claims and provides no evidence and criticizes others who do the same. Makes claims and then says he didn't mean exactly what he said. Claims Obamacare is "terrible", that we must cover everyone and then promotes Obamacare-light that would leave 24 million uninsured.

Where is this most obvious evidence?

I know you weren't talking to me -- and I don't really know the history of the conversation between you two.......SO this would be a perfect time for me to walk into the room naked and stinking of gin......so to speak,,,,,,,

I think there are some things this admin has done early that SHOULD pass the critical analysis of any reasonable person from any political background other than Marxist, Fascist or also just the uninformed

Revoking TPP is a great example
This was a multi-nation trade agreement that apparently very VERY few representatives had read
I understand anecdotally that it gave major decision making power to cooperations that really should be reserved to our elected / acceptable representatives with the Legislative branch

And - while I can't remember the exact details - you can easily google the seriously jack-legged way that it was approved.....I want to say it was somehow voted on at 1 in the morning or something like that with very few politicians PRESENT.......I don't know how that's even possible but that was another shittastic element to an already bad idea

After repealing it both the Teamsters and the AFL-CIO met with Trump and released statements supporting him

I think that was a GREAT example of something this admin has done that we should ALL support

There are a few others - but as you can see I'm already typing a mini-article......

Finally, I'm not going into this with blinders on -- I thought Trump was a "plant" throughout the entire election lifecycle and very much held a "wait and see" approach once he was elected (even though I was elated that Hillary didn't get in --separate conversation there though)

So -- we'll see how it all works out
Seems like he's being treated worse than any Preside we've ever had though.....I guess that's what happens when you take on the Globalists / NWO types.....enemies from every corner.

-- in good candor --

Look forward to your response and I hope I wasn't waaaay off on what you were talking about

I also apologize for interruption you guys

.....I'm putting my pants back on now too.....

Again -- in good candor --

Here's the executive order - I've not finished reading all of it yet but here are some quick highlights

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

1) The purpose of the order is to protect US Citizens - that's actually the #1 responsibility of our Fed Government (provide for common defense etc).....PLEASE know that I well understand that we've HELPED advance Islamic radicals in decades past -- I'm not turning a blind eye to our role ..... but at the same time, the threat from Islamic Violence isn't ALL America's doing either.....more on that later if you like - but the stated purpose of the order is to protect US Citizens

2) Specific practices that we don't agree with nor want "imported" are listed.....the Order cites a desire to curb / prevent violence against women, honor killings and violence against people because of their sexual orientation as well. ...

3) The Order cites that numerous foreign born people have been "convicted or implicated" in terrorist type activities since 9/11 and that they've been using the refugee resettlement as well as worker / guest visa pga's to enter the US -- the document notes that we can not allow those channels to be taken advantage of by people who are fleeing war torn areas -- will do nearly anything to get here -- and have harmful intent in mind

The section on suspending VISAs (for the reasons mentioned above) states that Homeland Sec and the Dir of Nat'l Intelligence will conduct a REVIEW to determine what information is needed from other counties in order to adjudicate any VISA,,,,,,,,so that's not a "BAN" --- it's a formal review by our govt who would be working in conjunction with other nations in order to find out who's entering and possibly why.....(footnote 1 below)

NOW -- here's an actual reference to a "BAN" -- and it's Temporary - 90 days -- so that the US Govt can figure out what's going on, get the new vetting system in place and .....well.....just generally pull it's head out of its ass.

(c) To temporarily reduce investigative burdens on relevant agencies during the review period described in subsection (a) of this section, to ensure the proper review and maximum utilization of available resources for the screening of foreign nationals, and to ensure that adequate standards are established to prevent infiltration by foreign terrorists or criminals, pursuant to section 212(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1182(f), I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order .....

There's more -- and I'm not quite finished reading it all yet - and I believe this is the original text from "Version 1" ---
As I recall the updated version is similar however -- I'll read it / share later as well to make sure we have our EYES OPEN on this as well as our minds

So it's possible that as of RIGHT NOW I'm still overlooking some kind of "xenophobic landmine" buried in there.....but I'm just not seeing it right now (for for the past 2 months)

So my question to anyone on here is this ---

WHAT PART of the Order do you disagree with and why?

------------------

Footnote 1: "Review and Create Criteria for possible VISA rejection"
Sec. 3. Suspension of Issuance of Visas and Other Immigration Benefits to Nationals of Countries of Particular Concern. (a) The Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, shall immediately conduct a review to determine the information needed from any country to adjudicate any visa, admission, or other benefit under the INA (adjudications) in order to determine that the individual seeking the benefit is who the individual claims to be and is not a security or public-safety threat.

Reactions: ymmot31
You asked me to "Remind us all your qualifications to determine the effects of legislation and why you are better equipped to do so."

I reminded "you all". Various states and professional governing bodies have certified me as better equipped than you.

If you were talking about the CBO, I'm pretty sure I could probably analyze a bill on strictly dictated terms and parameters to come to whatever conclusion I was supposed to come to.

Do us all a favor and spend the next few days off of Catpaw and look up all the CBO projections for Obamacare and tell us how they stack up against the reality of Obamacare.
Here you go...
So, was the Congressional Budget Office really “way, way off … in every aspect” of how it predicted that Obamacare would work, as the White House claims? No, it wasn’t.

The CBO actually nailed the overall impact of the law on the uninsured pretty closely. It predicted a big drop in the percentage of people under age 65 who would lack insurance, and that turned out to be the case. CBO projected that in 2016 that nonelderly rate would fall to 11 percent, and the latest figure put the actual rate at 10.3 percent.

It’s true (as Trump administration officials have repeatedly pointed out) that CBO greatly overestimated the number who would get government-subsidized coverage through the new insurance exchanges. But at the same time, CBO underestimated the number who would get coverage through expanding Medicaid.

And whatever the failings of CBO’s predictions, they were closer to the mark than those of the Obama administration and some other prominent forecasters.

Let’s look at the details.

Back on March 20, 2010, when the law had taken its final form and was working its way to President Obama’s desk, the CBO issued its official estimate of the cost and effects of the Affordable Care Act. And after the Supreme Court struck down a key part of that law — ruling that states could not be forced to expand eligibility for Medicaid — CBO updated its estimates accordingly in July 2012.

In what follows, we will cite CBO’s 2012 projections unless otherwise indicated, since we can never know how accurate the 2010 projections would have been had the law been allowed to take effect as written.

Coverage
As it normally does, CBO attempted to forecast the law’s effects in each of the following 10 years. And here we compare what actually happened last year with what CBO predicted for 2016.

CBO got the big picture right. It predicted that millions of people would gain coverage, and millions did.

It predicted that the number of nonelderly (under age 65) people lacking insurance would drop to 30 million in 2016. And that turned out to be pretty close. The actual number was 27.9 million during the first nine months of last year, according to the latest figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Health Interview Survey. That’s a decline of 20.3 million since 2010, by CDC’s reckoning.

In percentage terms, CBO predicted 89 percent of the nonelderly would be covered by last year. CDC put the actual percentage at 89.7 percent.

Exchanges
Where CBO had trouble was predicting the number of newly insured who would get their coverage by purchasing private insurance through the new exchanges set up by the law. CBO predicted that in 2016 there would be 23 million getting policies through the exchanges. The actual number was 10.4 million during the first half of the year, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.

That’s less than half the predicted total.

Medicaid
On the other hand, CBO was too low in its estimate of the number who would gain coverage through expansion of Medicaid, the state-federal program for low-income people and children.

CBO estimated 10 million would be added to the Medicaid rolls by 2016, even with many states refusing to expand eligibility. But that was too low. As of the first quarter of last year, 14.4 million adults had enrolled in Medicaid as a result of the Affordable Care Act’s expansion of the program, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured.

So to a large extent, CBO’s mistake was in estimating where the uninsured would get covered, not how many of them would gain coverage.

Other Estimates
In January 2016, the nonpartisan Commonwealth Fund published an analysis by New York University’s Sherry Glied of CBO’s forecast of the ACA’s effects. She called CBO’s predictions “reasonably accurate” compared with actual results in 2014.

The gap between CBO’s prediction and reality has widened now that 2016 figures are available for comparison. But Glied also found that CBO’s predictions were closer to 2014 reality than those of four other forecasters — the Obama administration’s own figures, and those of the RAND Corporation, the Urban Institute and the Lewin Group, a health industry consulting firm.

Glied concluded, “Given the likelihood of additional reforms to national health policy in future years, it is reassuring that, despite the many unforeseen factors surrounding the law’s rollout and participation in its reforms, the CBO’s forecast was reasonably accurate.”

And on March 13, CBO issued another, much-anticipated projection of the Obamacare repeal bill being considered by the Republican-controlled House. CBO estimated that under the GOP’s “American Health Care Act,” 14 million fewer people would have health insurance next year than under current law, and that number would rise to 24 million in 2026.

“In 2026, an estimated 52 million people would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law,” CBO said.

Earlier on the day the analysis was published, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer — who had been denigrating CBO’s work for days — said, “The last time they did this, they were wildly off and the number keeps declining.”

But as we’ve seen, CBO did better than the White House would have you believe.

Wyvern, you target for faraway laughter......you stranger, you legend, you martyr......you shine!

I was about to Make coffee when I saw this -- I've been playing guitar for 30 years,.......and I JUUUUUUST learned to play that "DONG DONG DING DONG" like from "Shine On....."

That song is amazing man - and playing it on the Strat makes me feel.........what's the word?..........horny?

For fun (cause THIS is what I do for FUNNNN!!!11) - here's a link to the Council on Foreign Relations website

They had a quiz given to 18-26 year olds covering some fairly basic political / historical stuff

It doesn't take long - I got a 90 for what it's worth --- I missed the question on "What % pf the world's population lives in the US"

The average score for the 1200+ survey takers was - 55%

http://www.cfr.org/society-and-cult...ents-know-world-survey-global-literacy/p38241

Please God, let Sean Spicer live to be 200.

You can even look at the other reporters in the background smiling and laughing. These are all priceless gems. This is the greatest show on earth. The White House is a three ring circus and Sean is the crown jewel to marvel at. That guy is great. His awfulness is awe inspiring.

baghdad-bob-ows-112-300x192.jpg

Our very own Ministry of Information.

1U9H0xUEI_I.jpg

Next, I want Trump to wear a big chest full of medals and carry around a whipping stick. Have Trump carried around in a chair by slaves like Xerxes would be even better.

Last edited:
Ironically I had a Big Mac - first time in about 2 years ... on the way back from Claiborne Co last Monday.......washed it down with a pack of Pecan Swirls and a Big Tex cinnamon roll about 3 hours later though.....so that cancelled out the badness.......

McD's cokes are still the best for some reason.....that's probably best left un-explained

So -- I won't beat a dead horse, but I would like to hear constructive criticism on the Trump EO's regarding immigration reviews.......why do you think it's universally being called a BAN - and what parts do you disagree with?

That's already morphing into a nice blog article for later tonight as well

Also about to do a book review on this one from my collection --

Moving from the rational reasons to police your borders - I'd like to share thoughts from smart people who openly believe that we SHOULD eliminate our borders -- and create a "North American Community"

This was a formal report from an independent task force commissioned by the Council on Foreign Relations - publication date was 2006

They originally wanted to see everything implemented by 2010 -- extremely aggressive given everything going on after 9/11 etc....

Here are some quick excepts from the book:

PRO's:
1) Mexico needs to do more to contribute to the security of the "region"
(note that when they say "region" - they mean the three sovereign nations formerly called Mexico, The United States and Canada)

2) The introduction at least makes reference to ensuring that each other's sovereignty continues to be respected.....BUT.....how does that happen when you're actually ERODING sovereignty (and probably accountability)

3) They acknowledge that 9/11 showed that we need BETTER BORDER MANAGEMENT- wait.........what? They also cite new regulations put in place by "Little Bush" (they don't call him that.....but I'll bet they were thinking it) where containers coming into the USA from overseas ports were to be better inspected and vetted....they cite this as a GOOD EXAMPLE of cooperation between nations in regards to security.

CON's:
1) The new "Space" that would be created would allow un-fettered, free flowing movement of people (and capital)

2) Citizens of MexiAmada would be issued a BORDER PASS -- with biometric identification elements ..... I'm not a fan of proposing a BIGGER GOVT - that's outside the scope of our Constitution and THEN having them issue our DAS PAPERS......F-THAT

3) They call for a new Tri-Natonal Threat intelligence center -- sounds like overhead and bureaucracy that won't guarantee anyone anything other than
a) more tax revenue taken from hard working citizens in all of Mexiamada.....
b) Pensions for the asshats that would be working in this new place
c) Dramatic increase in business for prostitutes who are working near this new facility....shut up.....you KNOW its true

It goes on and on -- and so could I
There's a part where they want to start Blending the college education process so that our universities make room for comrades from these other 'regions' -- I'm pretty sure the intent is to get us to all kiss, listen to lesbian songwriters and stop thinking about football so much.....

Just kidding -- it's an interesting book

Helps you see how people & organizations who DO WANT to open our borders and re-create sovereignty .... think

Otherwise - let's be honest

We're left with just listening to

1) a lying media that's mostly providing cover for org's and wealthy people who want to remake the world

2) people who are rarely engaged in critical analysis / reviews of the issues -- that tend to yell a lot ---- and either call you RASSSSSSSSICST .... or threaten to shoot you (without EVER taking the cigarette outta their mouth!!!)

I'll put up a full review sometime around 3 or 4 am this morning.....

talk to you later --- gotta go use the Toilet...........urgently...........I mean I REALLY GOTTA GO LAY THE LUMBER TO THE OL' PLUMIN

ok....I'll stop

community.jpg

Last edited:
Final note before I go draft up a new resume as a traveling home-school teacher....

I thought about you ya-hoos yesterday when I noted an article out there on how some of our politicians are calling for an investigation into G. Soros and whether or not US Taxpayer $ was used to support destabilization type agitation in foreign countries....

I just noted another article on the Russian "Sputnik" site where some Euro's are also calling for an investigation on that man

How about that......
Hopefully it's not like that ongoing INVESTIGATION into North Carolina CHEATING

Quick note showing where this Admin also continued (and IMO strengthened) the longstanding Exec-Order on HBCU's.

Here's my blog link where I wrote a condensed summary of the Exec Order:
https://wordpress.com/post/50ampfuse.blog/4423

And here's the White House link to the full text of the EO:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...der-white-house-initiative-promote-excellence

From what I can see, looking through archives - this Exec-Order goes back to 1981 & Regan at least.
Each President since then has revoked the older version and drafted one with their name on it.

I didn't read EVERY one of them but I did read the most updated one from our current President. I also scanned it side by side with the previous version from Obama.

I scanned through the other three and can see that the scope has grown a bit more specific since the 80's and 90's

I believe the Trump version strengthens the previously standing directive by:
  1. adding specific references to investments in the infrastructure and technology at these institutions and
  2. ultimately elevating the supporting board and members from being hosted with the Dept. of Education to now reporting directly to the President within the Executive Branch
  3. Also believe they may have made the networking channels within goat-private-not for profit industries and HBCU;s -- wider
oh well - at least it's a positive action within politics -- hopefully it offsets some small portion of the increasing intensity of socially-engineered bias.

Here are some references/links to show the previous versions:

2010 Obama EO# 13532

2002 Bush Jr EO# 13256

1993 Clinton EO# 12876

1989 Bush Sr EO# 12677

^ The EO from 1989 cites another one from 1981 signed by Regan....I drew a line with continuing the links at that point

...and here are some quick excerpts and notes in case you just want a quick overview...

The order will establish stronger ties between the HBCU's and "private-sector employers, educational associations, philanthropic organizations, and other partners to increase the capacity of HBCUs"
  • Expected support from the private sector includes "enhanced institutional planning and development", assistance with "upgrading institutional infrastructure, including ...technology"
  • convening an annual White House Summit on HBCUs to address, among other topics, matters related to the Initiative's missions and functions
  • providing direct assistance regarding HBCUs' ability to equitably participate in Federal programs
  • sharing administrative and programmatic best practices within the HBCU community
FINALLY - in case you were wondering -- here's a link to the HBCU football rankings from the end of 2016 [winking]

https://hbcusports.com/2016/11/16/l...orth-carolina-at-winston-salem-state-at-no-1/

Well, been lovin Trumps 4D chess game he's playing against liberals and the MSM.

I bet he leaked the tax returns just like he's leaked other things such as the 91 Miller tape.

How could anyone self describe themselves as a democrat and identify with the misfits and richard madcows of society? Stupid and sick bunch.

Keep owning that ass Trump.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Obammy spent $36 million of American tax payer money fighting FOIA requests.

Remember "Transparency"?

200.webp
Have said it a thousand times and will say it again. Obama was the biggest con job ever done to the American people. The amount of damage and corruption that man (along with many others in his camp) did to this country and government will take many years to fix.

So, I;m a huge Depeche Mode fan. New album dropped today. Been up since early this morning just to have a good listen.

Might be the last album I ever buy from them. The whole thing is politically charged rhetoric, aimed directly at the right and, moreover, Trump/Brexit. Gahan said his daughter's visceral reaction to the Trump election was the final straw that finally prompted him to start writing about the American political atrocities infecting the world. You know, b/c that's his role in this world.

Yeah. Go **** yourself, Dave. You ****ing liberals ruin EVERYTHING.

Interesting perspective on the Middle East, obviously from one person's self-interested point of view, but in my opinion accurate. Simply put....we identify by country, the Middle East identifies by tribe and religious sect. By ignoring this truth we will never advance long-term peace in the Middle East.

http://www.jpost.com/Blogs/Inside-the-Beltway/Biggest-Crisis-Since-the-Time-of-Mohammad-484067
Don't know if I can trust what he says or not after that last paragraph. Isn't the author aware that Obama basically pulled the teeth of Iran by saddling them with a 34 billion dollar windfall. It will take them years to figure out how to spend that much money. Not to mention he told them he would take it as a personal insult if they were to build a nuclear weapon. Even though he is no longer president, Iran lives under the constant pressure of knowing Obama could leak them a strongly worded email at any time. Iran? hah.

"Above all, though, Ya’alon returned to the idea that the most critical concern for Israel and the United States is Iran, Iran, Iran. The surging expansion of Iranian influence and the disengagement of the U.S. creates vital risks both to Israel and to American interests."

The last Drive By Truckers release was similar but slanted more towards racism, double standards and bigotry. I just listen to it for what it is, great music with another person's point of view.

had never heard of those guys until I moved down to Dublin, GA and started playing with folks around here

"Shut Your Mouth and Get Your Ass on the Plane" was in my top 3 for loud/raving/prob drunk music.....

She play a GREAT version of "Outfit" and I think we've played 2-3 others

They're hit and miss with me though -- and now that Isbell's gone I think they lost their main man -- don't you?

Reactions: WettCat
Obammy spent $36 million of American tax payer money fighting FOIA requests.

Remember "Transparency"?

200.webp

Eric Holder simply refused to turn over doc's on the Fast and Furious scandal where our govt got the idea to.....RUN GUNS TO MEXICAN DRUG LORDS>.....so the guns would get smuggled back into the US.....which would THEN allow them to illegally crack down on the Constitutional right to bear arms even further.....

He was the only A/G to ever be held in contempt of Congress

Now he's getting paid more dirty money to go around suing states for their voting district lines and promote other forms of state level agitation -- they're reviewing GA as of early this week

Obama is his front man to beat it all

when he isn't elsewhere and what not

Valerie Jarrett forgot which side of the WH fence she was on and made a slip about 3 weeks ago to the effect that they're going to OVERTHROW (or UNSEAT) Trump

That's an open announcement of treason from a group of Marxist Shitbags that have already done as much damage as they could

They deserve too be tried for what they are -- treasonous Marxist malcontents who have further damaged the Republic in a time of war....which means we should probably drag Cheney, Rumsfeld and Little Bush back out here too.....3 from each worthless regime

"Treason in a time of war" -- send the msg to the other would be revolutionaries that they are in NO WAY on safe ground anymore

My primary hope is that American Marxists just don't have the same motivation / focus / fortitude that the Russian (etc) variant had......we may actually just get whined to death for the next 8 years

In all cirrusness, the media has obsessed over this made up nonstory and run it into the ground in such a grossly overplayed manner that they will become a laughingstock of regular non news following folks for years.

"Ummmm uhhhh THE RUSSIANS DID IT" will be a cultural lexicon for a generation.

I think the media is doing what they're told
The ones on TV are basically just card readers - right?

I mean - is ANY news agency on TV breaking some unique story that no one else is talking about?
Anything that exposes serious systemic corruption in both parties and demands accountability?

Hell no -- they're taking sponsorshit money and Soros money and Murdick money and trannypanny money and Chinse-yuan-also called remimbi-or-some-shit-like-that

they're taking it and COOING ABOUT HOW DAMN WARN IT MAKES THEIR PEE PEES FEEL

SICK SEDITIOUS BASTARDS.....

.IMO - the whole damn fiasco with Russia boils down to this

Putin wants to go down in Russian history as a strong / one of a kind leader who REVIVED them and placed them back on the World stage (similar in legacy to Peter the Great)

He has made it a POINT to eliminate outside influence where he can and shut down foreign FUNDING for NGO's who were lobbying for CULTURAL REVOLUTION ---- like we have here.....remember Pussy Riot?

yeah - real nice traditional Russian kids --

His moves have caused ENORMOUS TEMPER TANTRUMS FROM BILLIONAIRE WHITE MEAN WITH TOO MUCH #(_*Y#(@*&!! TIME, EGO AND SPARE CASH

that's what this is -- one big F'ing power struggle that's stalled into a F'ing temper tantrum

It's not even IMAGINATIVE

Please ignore this music rant, ignore for anyone looking for a political take...

I like pretty much anything DBT has done, ever. Saw them at the Ryman last year---fantastic show.

Someone turned me on to Isbell only a few months ago and I simply keep playing his three releases over and over, non stop. Mesmerized by his songwriting, delivery,stark clean instruments, storytelling. Having spent my entire life in the South, his stories are so relevant.

The first time I played Elephant I listened to it probably 10 times over and over, and cried. Just cried. After 55 years of drinking, I gave it up 7 months ago.....Songs that She Sang in the Shower really hit home...like a dagger. And still does. (Interesting when I quit drinking and started paying attention to some of my favorite artists and realize they've gone clean/sober. Isbell, Joe Walsh and a quote by Tom Waits..."what happens when you drain the pool?") Having been on two plane crashes, Flying Over Water is another that emotionally resonates. "Where's that liquor cart?" was always my go-to when I had to fly. (Which now presents all kinds of problems.....)

Sorry for the intrusion.....back to politics....

Last edited:
Please ignore this music rant, ignore for anyone looking for a political take...

Someone turned me on to Isbell only a few months ago and I simply keep playing his three releases over and over, non stop. Mesmerized by his songwriting, delivery,stark clean instruments, storytelling. Having spent my entire life in the South, his stories are so relevant.

Sorry for the intrusion.....back to politics...

not intrusive at all - we're all Big Blue fans here -- and there are other ties that bind

1) Isbell strikes me as what Country music should be -- it's honest and true to form

2) You are a brave man for halting the drinking - I have demons that are probably going to kill me --- It might be time to seek help myself ... problem is......it's going to have to look more like an exorcism I think

3) The song he wrote about the veteran dead in his dress blues -- we've played that acoustically out and about / in the studio -- it always tears me up.......isn't it just called "Dress Blues"? It has that C#m in there on the turn as I recall and it reminds me of a few things I'd rather forget.......there's NOTHING natural about a young man or woman lying in their coffin dressed up in full regalia........it's just wrong all over the damn place

Reactions: WettCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT