POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, back then, Stars & Stripes Sunday edition college football box scores were our link to collegiate football. Heh, I remember when Florida State def West Virginia in 1982 Gator Bowl. We found out about it 4 days later. Stationed down in Sinai desert at the time.

We received AFN-Europe radio at Burbach. Barely. No TV. I listened to a couple football games over AFN back during 80s while stationed in Germany. UK coverage was non-existent, except for announcer reading box scores. Best time of my life back then.
I was sitting in the Saudi desert in Oct 90 when the Reds won the world series. I did not get the stars and stripes until about a week later and then it was all of them all at once. So, I read them in succession to get a sort of retro play by play.

I was sitting in the Saudi desert in Oct 90 when the Reds won the world series. I did not get the stars and stripes until about a week later and then it was all of them all at once. So, I read them in succession to get a sort of retro play by play.
I was at the UK/LSU Football game down in Baton Rouge the night the Reds swept the A’s. Haha

Yeah, back then, Stars & Stripes Sunday edition college football box scores were our link to collegiate football. Heh, I remember when Florida State def West Virginia in 1982 Gator Bowl. We found out about it 4 days later. Stationed down in Sinai desert at the time.

We received AFN-Europe radio at Burbach. Barely. No TV. I listened to a couple football games over AFN back during 80s while stationed in Germany. UK coverage was non-existent, except for announcer reading box scores. Best time of my life back then.
At least you fellas had an antenna. Try keeping up with scores when you are in the middle of the ocean. LMAO

This was the antenna I had at my disposal: the venerable FLR-9 aka "the elephant cage"

augsburg4.bmp

Gut feeling on NM, "sort of" West Texas and Arizona are trending HARD right currently, and with the massive Latino population in NM, and it being literally "sandwiched" between those two it just doesn't make sense that it's solid blue.
Not a chance in hell. I've been to NM about 20 times over the past 2+ years and it's very, very blue. The governor has her eye on more important offices and is in lockstep with DNC mandates. Tried to ban guns in ABQ in '23 for 30 days, which went over like a lead balloon. Has led charge against fossil fuels in NM although the huge revenues it produced were funding 'free' college for NM residents. I wouldn't count on NM voting for Trump. If I had to bet, I think Harris wins that state 55-45. JMHO

they used to send newbies out there to "calibrate" it by just giving them some inane task like stopping at each segment upright and tapping it with a crescent wrench, but it was important to alternate between even and odd number of taps at each standard. Poor bastards would be out there for hours.

I was up in Garlstedt when Reds won WS back in '90. Watched on AFN. We deployed down to the Gulf a bit later.

I was in the Air Force, so I was probably complaining about the room service/having to get up before 11:00 am/or nursing a hang nail etc.
USAF always, ALWAYS, enjoyed luxurious lifestyle compared to Army. Heh.

We deployed to Graf and Hohenfels during winter months. USAF FACs stayed in nearby hotels except when exercises happened. We slept in the mud or on frozen ground.

And even in cases of two parent families, children aren't raised by their mothers anymore because both parents usually have to work now. Children are now raised by daycare, babysitters and or public schools. We wanted so badly to let women work (and I'm not saying that they shouldn't be able to if they want) that we have created an economy in which they have to in order to make enough money to provide for kids
I watched this happen in real time in the Carter administration. Before Carter I knew of very few women (married) that worked. During and after Carter, during and after record inflations and interest rates.....I knew many who went into (had to) the workforce.
bs. nobody could do that

chuck_norris_PNG10.png
Hard to believe he's in his mid 80s.
Anybody around my age on here that went to UK Football games back in the 70's remember going under the endzone bleachers (that's literally all they had in each endzone at that time, just old school wooden bleacher seats) and collecting a crapload of those empty Commonwealth Stadium cups? My Dad still has at least a couple of dozen of those things at his house (depression baby) LOL

You had to be careful when you were under there, or you'd get brained on the skull with one of the many empty whiskey bottles that were always randomly dropping.
I watched many a game here. To me...an iconic, old time college football stadium.

stoll%2Bfield.jpg

Not a chance in hell. I've been to NM about 20 times over the past 2+ years and it's very, very blue. The governor has her eye on more important offices and is in lockstep with DNC mandates. Tried to ban guns in ABQ in '23 for 30 days, which went over like a lead balloon. Has led charge against fossil fuels in NM although the huge revenues it produced were funding 'free' college for NM residents. I wouldn't count on NM voting for Trump. If I had to bet, I think Harris wins that state 55-45. JMHO
Agree. Years ago I went there a number of times....old girlfriend's parents owned property in ABQ next to one of the Unsers. Back when it wasn't as blue...or blue at all. But now you've got ABQ and Santa Fe that are both blue and the main population centers. Unlike, say KY, the rest of the state is sparsely populated. And (I believe) the native Americans are very Dem, I guess based on gov't assistance programs.

Reactions: Girthang and blubo
The "surprise" will be a govt shutdown and forced food shortages to try to skew people before the election. Riots. Another more successful attempt on Trump (or staged against Harris). If Trump lives and IF Harris poll numbers don't inprove, I'm guessing no election at all. State of emergency and power grab
My question is why would food shortages and a shutdown benefit the Democrats? if they shut down over the SAVE act, that can't look good on Dems. and Food shortages? how does that fall on the Pubs if the ports strike?

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
My question is why would food shortages and a shutdown benefit the Democrats? if they shut down over the SAVE act, that can't look good on Dems. and Food shortages? how does that fall on the Pubs if the ports strike?
Yeah, it was a total bs move by Johnson to say that the shutdown would hurt the republicans. Not backing the SAVE act DOES hurt the republicans, imo.

Wow. I'm sure that will be a punchy, hard-hitting interview. Personally, I'd like to find out more about Kamala.

What type of neighborhood did she grow up in?

What was her first job?

What was the condition of her neighbor's lawn?

USAF always, ALWAYS, enjoyed luxurious lifestyle compared to Army. Heh.

We deployed to Graf and Hohenfels during winter months. USAF FACs stayed in nearby hotels except when exercises happened. We slept in the mud or on frozen ground.
Back in the 70's in Graf, even when we were not in the "field" we were in the field. We lived in GP large tents in the rear and used out houses and outside showers. That was the billeting then for us. But the unit kind of made up for it, they kept us stocked in cases of flippy top beers. Good stuff.

As far as the AF, yeah, they have much better accommodations than the Army. Just recently discussed this with my daughter (18 years old) when talking about the possibility of women being drafted if it ever comes about. Told her the best bet was to enlist in the Air Force before her number came up and serve with them if it happens.

This scene was over the top bizarre and hilarious. 😆 It's obvious that Mike Judge worked in IT, because he understands the IT culture all the way down.

In case you are wondering he's saying something along the lines of "that's what they want. how can all of them be dead. I would sneak up and cut his throat." 😮‍💨 😮‍💨😄 (I was a Czech lingquist but we had to pick German up on the fly)

Last edited:
Back in the 70's in Graf, even when we were not in the "field" we were in the field. We lived in GP large tents in the rear and used out houses and outside showers. That was the billeting then for us. But the unit kind of made up for it, they kept us stocked in cases of flippy top beers. Good stuff.

As far as the AF, yeah, they have much better accommodations than the Army. Just recently discussed this with my daughter (18 years old) when talking about the possibility of women being drafted if it ever comes about. Told her the best bet was to enlist in the Air Force before her number came up and serve with them if it happens.

Was she in the HS band? If so, she can get moved to the Drum and Bugle Flight (commonly referred to, by everyone else as the "Beat and Blow) for basic, and let me tell you, it is absolute cake. We didn't have to do ANYTHING, other than play parades and practice. I remember doing some jumping jacks a couple of times, and we got to hold a rifle this one time, which was cool.

Even if she wasn't in the band, tell her to raise her hand anyway when they ask, because once we started practicing, it became obvious that at least half of those f***ers LIED. You could tell a lot of them had never even HELD an instrument before (but nobody seemed to care, they just told those folks to ACT like they were playing, and leave the actual playing to the rest of us)

they used to send newbies out there to "calibrate" it by just giving them some inane task like stopping at each segment upright and tapping it with a crescent wrench, but it was important to alternate between even and odd number of taps at each standard. Poor bastards would be out there for hours.
Yeah, get me a left-handed monkey wrench, or box of grid squares, or a TR double E-10, or a bucket of quadrant bubbles. Those were some of the ones we used. After being got on the left-handed monkey wrench as a private, I was alert for the next one when my chief told me to find him a TR double E-10. I went to the tree line not far from our motor pool and found the 10th tree in and sat down until they came and found me. When my chief got there and started yelling at me for "Goldbricking" I told him I found the 10th tree but could not get it out of the ground, so I was waiting for help. He then laughed and said, Ok private you win this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT