POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See those electoral maps of blue vs red nationwide?

Those red areas, all over the country, are full of what you derisively call rednecks.

It ain't just Kentucky, Racist Commie Boy.
I mean, yeah, they are. Yokels. Hillbillys. Bumpkins. Hayseeds. Like I already said, nothing wrong with it. It's just the truth. Quit acting like Aholes and maybe it won't be seen as a pejorative.

All those red areas have plenty of land and not so many people. Compared to the blue areas. Colorful county maps don't say anything about the size of the MAGA movement in American society.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Meisha Mainor seems good, Tim Scott is smart...just not a good speaker. Kenneth Paschal is good.

I didnt say there weren't any qualified black Repubs, i said theres not many black republicans period. If blacks make up approx 13% of the US, but the vast majority are Dem, Republicans dont have a large table to choose from. Its simple math.
Tim Scott just ran for president. He didn't get votes. There are plenty of Black candidates. They don't get votes in the Republican party. You have to face reality at some point.

Looks like the DNC is going to be lit. They already getting violent riots and the dang thing hasn't even started yet. Ouch. It must suck to have antifa and radical islamist as a constituency while also being pro lbtquia+ and pro Israel and pro billionaire. Get your popcorn boys.
I just saw estimates that 30,000 antifa are already in Chicago and Muslims are saying they will have 100,000 people there by this weekend. LOL.

Reactions: IdaCat
No idea why we issue ID's to illegals. In general we shouldn't, whether they ever had one in the home country or not. Now if they've been fully vetted here & we're not kicking them out, then a US ID saying they are illegal is helpful. Shouldn't been a driver's license.

The IDs should be made of lead or tranquilizers. If they want into the country, they should apply and wait on the other side of the border until their request is approved. If they don't want to wait, but instead want to cross the border illegally, they should be treated like the criminals they've decided to be and then be sent back across in the form appropriate.

No one has the right to remove anyone else's border/property markers. Period. No one should be going on anyone else's property without permission. If you have no respect for anyone else's life, property, or livelihood, then why should you expect to have any yourself?

If the law says, that in order to vote in a Federal election, that you have to be a citizen, then you have to pay (if you were born here, that means a birth certificate, if you were not, then that means citizenship papers) to obtain those documents.

Now, if the the government wants to make obtaining those documents free of charge, I'm fine with it. Without them, depending upon the state in which you live, you might be able to fill out a ballot for local elections.

Problem solved.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Meisha Mainor seems good, Tim Scott is smart...just not a good speaker. Kenneth Paschal is good.

I didnt say there weren't any qualified black Repubs, i said theres not many black republicans period. If blacks make up approx 13% of the US, but the vast majority are Dem, Republicans dont have a large table to choose from. Its simple math.
Don't give into his lies. My last 3 primary votes have been Alan Keyes in 2000, Herman Cain in 2012, Ben Carson in 2016. Those were the three candidates I liked the most.

Tim Scott just ran for president. He didn't get votes. There are plenty of Black candidates. They don't get votes in the Republican party. You have to face reality at some point.
I like Scott, but he didnt get any votes cause he's a terrible speaker. The goal is to put in a candidate that would win, he would lose to anyone with great speaking skills. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the public votes on who moves forward. To imply that the public is intentionally trying to keep black candidates from moving on sounds about as stupid as the UK fans who said we chased Tubby off cause he's black.

Having a black Repub would give the party a HUGE boost, im all for it....unfortunately we dont have any that can speak like Obama. Black Repubs are in a very very small pool of people.

Ok, if I walk in to vote, and the worker there says, "No, you aren't allowed to vote until you pay me $10 for handling the documents of the election." What is that? It's exactly the same as @trueblujr2's 'search fee, not a tax'. Of course it's a poll tax, wtf else would it even be?

If it's a search fee to find which hospital to request a free replacement birth certificate, not sure that's a poll tax.

Would be like saying gas to get to the bmv for a free ID is a poll tax.

Has to be some limit to that silliness.

If I had a daughter I'd tell her her self-worth isn't determined by how fast other people can swim in a pool. She should do her best and always strive to improve. That doesn't change just because she isn't Michael Phelps and never will be. It doesn't matter at all whether Riley Gaines isn't as good as Katie Ledecky or isn't as good as Michael Phelps. She still isn't as good.

Not the point. Lia Thomas was ranked 495th as a man, top 5 as a girl.

That's the point, you absolute moron.

Reactions: Girthang
That was 2016 propaganda. Obviously, Rachel had some bad information. But she looked pretty gleeful when reporting it.

Poor poor Rachel. I wondered if she might self-imolate on live tv after the election that year. She and several other toddlers of her ilk guaranteed that Clinton would win the election. Some of the funniest and saddest moments of the new century back in that November of 2016.

And just a reminder... The same people who said that Joe Biden was the sharpest he's ever been are now saying that Kamala is super qualified and polling ahead of Trump. Joe worked 8 hours as president this week and spent the rest of the week at the beach in Delaware.

Reactions: IdaCat and Girthang
You've said that requiring an ID amounted to poll tax in the past. If you didn't mean that then disregard my post. I was just pointing out that requiring and ID for voting isn't any different than requiring an ID for buying a firearm.

I showed documents to get my first ID. I feel like illegals should get a different ID that makes it clear they can't vote. States that are just issuing ID's to illegals are totally planning on tons of them voting.
Does this MFer have me on ignore? Said 3 times now, there is no equivalent to the 24th for arms. Address it or stfu already.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
One well timed nuke could eliminate a lot of problems ... just sayin'

I'm sure if they just declared a pandemic and forced them to stay inside, those "peaceful protestors" would comply.

Or maybe they could outlaw looting, killing, raping, and destruction of property? That's sure to stop them in their tracks. Dems are totally reasonable that way

I just saw estimates that 30,000 antifa are already in Chicago and Muslims are saying they will have 100,000 people there by this weekend. LOL.
It would be a ridiculous mistake for the Far Left to try to sabotage this convention, especially in an election that looks like a toss-up. It will help the Democrats with swing voters as much as it would've helped Trump if another January 6 shitshow had happened blocks away from his convention, or as much as it "helped" the Democrats in 1968.

If you are a natural born citizen of the US, and don't have a copy of your birth certificate, I would highly suggest that you start the process to get one, because, sooner of later, you're going to need it. And, based upon MY experience with the state of New York, it would behoove you to get an early start.

I mean, does this ACTUALLY need to be pointed out, in this day and age, that you need proof that you are a US Citizen? Unless you have a valid passport already (or are within the renewal window for an expired one) you ARE going to need that birth certificate. LOL

If you are a naturalized citizen, proof of citizenship is provided to you, so HOW exactly is this a poll tax?

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Oh, jfc, just say you like getting high.

This 'it helps my blah blah' is such bullshit.

I'll help. I love to smoke weed. Do it daily. It's legal where I live, so don't care.

OCD, my ass.
Dude, it's both. There are completely legit medical usages, seizure reduction, chronic pain, appetite stimulant, list goes on. And people like how it makes them feel. For some people that makes them more productive when dealing with the rest of the world. You don't have to be a condescending armchair psychologist about it. Chill.

Here, according to the Federal Government, are the acceptable documents in order to prove that you are a US Citizen:

• US Public Birth Record showing birth in one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, American Territories or Guam
  • US birth certificate or data match with a State Vital Statistic Agency
  • Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the U.S.(FS-240)
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (FS-545)
  • United States Citizen Identification Card (I-197 or the prior version I-179)
  • American Indian Card (I-872) with the classification “KIC” (Issued by DHS to identify U.S. citizen members of the Texas Band of Kickapoos living near the U.S./Mexican border)
  • Collective Naturalization document/Northern Mariana Identification Card (I-873)
  • Final Adoption Decree
  • Evidence of civil service employment by the US government
  • Official Military record
  • Federal or State census record showing U.S. citizenship indicating a US place of birth
  • Tribal census record for Seneca Indian tribe or from Bureau of Indian Affairs
  • Statement signed by the physician or midwife who was in attendance at the time of birth

Have each state require that one of these, along with a photo ID be presented, in order to register to vote in a Federal election/be added to the Federal Election Voting rolls, and then require a photo ID in order to obtain a valid absentee/mail-in ballot, or present it at the polling place on the day of the election, which has to be cross-checked with the official voting roll in order to cast a ballot (FOR, as I said, a Federal office)

Do THAT, and I'll start to have a little more faith in them.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT