POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You support cutting aid. That’s supporting Russia.
No, not giving money to one of the more blatantly corrupt “governments” of the world doesn’t mean we support the other country who doesn’t like said government. It just means we don’t want to keep giving billions to a country that helps build the corruptness in our own government.

We can’t exactly change tax policy, at this moment can we? Do you know what the non-aggression principle is? Yeah, Russia is walking all over that.
Yea I do. I tried to explain it to you, and you clearly don't. You think you can slap someone in the face repeatedly but if they punch you back you scream.... Non aggression... It's the same type of conundrum with you "no aid but ok with aid to Ukr".... It is illogical to itself.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

Take it elsewhere, but you just said you don't want funds going there also. With the weak caveat that you support Ukraine though.

I support neither.

You already have half a thread. Over there in the Ukraine war thread. Take your mental self back over there.

I might be speaking out of turn here, but for my part, when I talk about cutting aid to Ukraine, I mean cutting aid that doesn't make a difference (and, in the end, it won't make a difference)

If the US REALLY wants to end the war, then we quit writing checks, and commit the full force of our military to end it for good (which it can) You can debate about the long term ramifications of that, but there is no doubt that just pumping money will not put off the inevitable (Russia wins), and we have just wasted a lot of money.

Yea I do. I tried to explain it to you, and you clearly don't. You think you can slap someone in the face repeatedly but if they punch you back you scream.... Non aggression... It's the same type of conundrum with you "no aid but ok with aid to Ukr".... It is illogical to itself.
Your first part is false. You think America provoked Russia. Total BS. You believe Russia because you’ll believe them over “the deep state”. That’s our disconnect.

This? You buffoon. Similar to after a knife attack, van attack, etc, 2nd amendment fans commonly point out the foolishness of gun bans and such.

By pointing out lots of things are deadly.

THIS was the example you chose?
Bwahahah
Nah.... There were more like this one.... Real funny right? But don't dare joke about Dear Leader and his attacker right? Hypocrisy as always.

Last edited:
I'm against all foreign aid. Therefore I'm more libertarian than you are. I'm also 100% against anymore wars that do not directly involve us. I've seen too many America vets with missing limbs and heard too many stories of suicide to keep up with the same ole same ole. The fact you try to spin it as PutinPuppet shows how thin your argument is. I could call you a Zelensky puppet but I don't. I have real reason to argue with you.

I might be speaking out of turn here, but for my part, when I talk about cutting aid to Ukraine, I mean cutting aid that doesn't make a difference (and, in the end, it won't make a difference)

If the US REALLY wants to end the war, then we quit writing checks, and commit the full force of our military to end it for good (which it can) You can debate about the long term ramifications of that, but there is no doubt that just pumping money will not put off the inevitable (Russia wins), and we have just wasted a lot of money.
He will disagree with you that Ukr isn't winning. He thinks they are killing 500,000 Russians and have only lost 30,000.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
Watching liberals melt down on TikTok because the attempt failed is all you need to know about how peaceful the left is. You can claim people joked about Pelosi because he was ok so they’re joking about Trump because he’s ok, that’s fine. But I never saw tons of videos of conservatives saying it’s too bad that guy didn’t kill Pelosi.
You mean the same people who came out with the 'Love Trumps Hate' slogan?

Nah, that can't be true.

Your first part is false. You think America provoked Russia. Total BS. You believe Russia because you’ll believe them over “the deep state”. That’s our disconnect.
So we weren't in Ukr arming and training soldiers? We weren't involved in overthrowing an elected government? We didn't seek to get Ukr to nullify a 100 year lease of the Crimean naval base?

What interest did we have in that area? Why were doing any of that there? We won't even enforce our own border or take care of our own veterans and you want to go off to Ukr to get more people killed.... It's not a logical thought process for a libertarian.

I never get on this thread because politics has become so nasty and divisive in our society. I have read it tonight because of the obvious national tragedy/emergency that happened today in Pennsylvania. Reading through at least 20 pages of this thread, all I can say is that people are just outright nasty, ignorant of the other side's beliefs, and divisive at every opportunity. Just because someone holds political beliefs that are more liberal or conservative than you, does not make them a piece of shit. All liberals are not pieces of shit because they don't think everyone should own guns. Likewise, all conservative leaning political folks aren't pieces of shit or scum because of the fact they don't think the same as you. As someone that leans socially liberal and fiscally conservative (which at least 60% of the people in our country probably do if they would admit it and get out of their particular "side"), I'm glad the person that tried to kill Donald Trump was shot and killed. I'm sorry anyone was injured at all. But until people are willing to focus on things they agree on and work their way out from there, instead of focusing solely on the things they disagree about and offer no common ground, this country is flat ****ed. I will be 88 soon and have lived through multiple wars and have seen the best and the worst this country has to offer. Now, I'm seeing the absolute worst. Until people can try to compromise and see similarities in beliefs instead of fighting and name calling due to differences, it will not get better. Anyone that calls me the nasty names that are being used here tonight for Democrats, or liberals, or "libtards" as I've read way too much on here tonight can kiss my ass. I've raised 5 kids, I have 17 grandkids, 18 great grandkids and 1 great great grandkid. They have been successful, tax paying members of society. Some have been military, some not. They fall all over the political spectrum, but when we get a chance to get together, we all love each other and have a great time. If more of the people that start political fights would spend more time with their families, forming bonds and having fun together instead of focusing their daily life on politicians that have different views than they have, maybe we could right this ship and build a better country for everyone in it.

He will disagree with you that Ukr isn't winning. He thinks they are killing 500,000 Russians and have only lost 30,000.
Why do we need to be involved in everyone elses shit storm? I've always hated that about America. Keep the money here and do some good with it. Of course being in politics and doing good for us has been out the window for ages. This isn't a new problem. Been going on long before any of us were born. It keeps the political wheels turning. Doing the devils work desquised as "aid".

I never get on this thread because politics has become so nasty and divisive in our society. I have read it tonight because of the obvious national tragedy/emergency that happened today in Pennsylvania. Reading through at least 20 pages of this thread, all I can say is that people are just outright nasty, ignorant of the other side's beliefs, and divisive at every opportunity. Just because someone holds political beliefs that are more liberal or conservative than you, does not make them a piece of shit. All liberals are not pieces of shit because they don't think everyone should own guns. Likewise, all conservative leaning political folks aren't pieces of shit or scum because of the fact they don't think the same as you. As someone that leans socially liberal and fiscally conservative (which at least 60% of the people in our country probably do if they would admit it and get out of their particular "side"), I'm glad the person that tried to kill Donald Trump was shot and killed. I'm sorry anyone was injured at all. But until people are willing to focus on things they agree on and work their way out from there, instead of focusing solely on the things they disagree about and offer no common ground, this country is flat ****ed. I will be 88 soon and have lived through multiple wars and have seen the best and the worst this country has to offer. Now, I'm seeing the absolute worst. Until people can try to compromise and see similarities in beliefs instead of fighting and name calling due to differences, it will not get better. Anyone that calls me the nasty names that are being used here tonight for Democrats, or liberals, or "libtards" as I've read way too much on here tonight can kiss my ass. I've raised 5 kids, I have 17 grandkids, 18 great grandkids and 1 great great grandkid. They have been successful, tax paying members of society. Some have been military, some not. They fall all over the political spectrum, but when we get a chance to get together, we all love each other and have a great time. If more of the people that start political fights would spend more time with their families, forming bonds and having fun together instead of focusing their daily life on politicians that have different views than they have, maybe we could right this ship and build a better country for everyone in it.
I'm was a trained linguist/cryptologist, and I can absolutely say, without reservation; that you are a liberal (that is trying to mask it)

That's fine, but to try and mask it is bad form.

This Reddit?

So how are you going to spin this if he is a Republican???? Is he a far right Republican that shot Trump because Trump is too centrist? That would mean your argument that Trump is far right is gone. Or you could say he is a middle of the road Republican that just wants normalcy.... But decided to assassinate the guy instead of voting on it.

So is Trump a centrist or are moderate Republicans the most dangerous wing of the Republican party?

Paragraphs homie. I'm not a grammar snob but that is an absolute wall of text.

I can't post it here, but I have a photo that shows Trump's sport coat with a bullet hole in it. Apparently the vest stopped the bullet.

tl;dr

You're out of your depth

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
I'm was a trained linguist/cryptologist, and I can absolutely say, without reservation; that you are a liberal (that is trying to mask it)

That's fine, but to try and mask it is bad form.
I acknowledged that I am a Democrat with liberal leanings. What am I missing here?

And also... On the day that a Republican politician has been targeted for death for the fourth time in 7 years.... Both sides need to calm down. LOL.

So we weren't in Ukr arming and training soldiers? We weren't involved in overthrowing an elected government? We didn't seek to get Ukr to nullify a 100 year lease of the Crimean naval base?

What interest did we have in that area? Why were doing any of that there? We won't even enforce our own border or take care of our own veterans and you want to go off to Ukr to get more people killed.... It's not a logical thought process for a libertarian.
Ukraine overthrew a Russian puppet government. After the president refused to allow closer ties to the EU. Despite the wishes of the citizenry.

Why you think the govenrment can solve the border issue. Is beyond me. They’ve never been able to. But if we just stopped supplying Ukraine (1% of our GDP btw) we could cure cancer, end world hunger etc etc. Give me a break.

Ukraine overthrew a Russian puppet government. After the president refused to allow closer ties to the EU. Despite the wishes of the citizenry.

Why you think the govenrment can solve the border issue. Is beyond me. They’ve never been able to. But if we just stopped supplying Ukraine (1% of our GDP btw) we could cure cancer, end world hunger etc etc. Give me a break.
Your straw men are cumbersome and sophomoric.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT