POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we vote for politicians who campaign on expanding freedoms and protections for people, not curtail them. The root of the problem isn't the politicians though, they're just a reflection of the society they're in. The problem is who pays them and the press, which was the initial topic, alike. Our system was designed as a representative democracy where the elected representatives represent the interests of their constituents. Not whoever pays them the most. Do you really think the majority of Kentuckians would vote Mitch McConnell into office repeatedly if elections were really open and fair and well-regulated? No, he maintains his position through power. Power he gets from money. Which means no realistic primary challenger that more aligns with Kentuckians' positions. Which means no real campaigns, no even real serious conversations about issues that voters care about. It's similar in the Democratic party establishment. What we need to tackle is campaign finance reform and lobbying. Actually drain the swamp in a bipartisan, legal, lasting way. Not more 'freedoms' for corporations and the rich to legally bribe our elected representatives.
You say let’s “vote for people who campaign on expanding freedoms and protections,” yet you turn around and vote for people who want to take away our freedoms, who want to control our speech and use the federal law enforcement agencies to do just that. You vote for people who want to trample on our 2A rights to protect our homes and families and to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. You vote for people who want to turn our sovereignty over to the WEF. You vote for people who align themselves with those who want to restrict our freedom to travel, how much we eat and what we eat, what we drive,

Don’t give us that kind of drivel then do the exact opposite.

I don't get the outrage over that at all. She killed that performance as a trained and skilled flutist. She wasn't up there waving it around like a baton as a meaningless prop. She rocked it. What exactly is the gripe?

I wouldn’t call it outrage on my part. Just trashy.

She was half naked and twerking while playing a priceless historical item that (to my knowledge) has never been played and been stored in a vault in the Library of Congress for decades at least. I’d rather it been just left on display.

That's the point, if somebody acts all uppity about not drinking you say, "Hmm... niether did Hitler".

And to each his own on drinking; I seldom do these days. But I hate people who act all high and mighty about it.
The joke isn't funny if I have to explain it, mom.

Reactions: Girthang
The best deal in history is getting "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" on Audible. It's like 57 hours of content on the rise and fall of Hitler and the Nazis for $12. And the narrator is excellent. It was written by an American jounalist who was stationed over there during the 30's and the War. And it was obviously written back then so the woke nonsense wasn't involved. It really enhanced my understanding of how effed up Hitler and that crew were. Some points:
  • Talk about stealing an election; Hitler took the cake on that. He never came close to winning one. He came to power through backroom deals and shady nonsense.
  • All the "Hitler was good at first" stuff was complete crap. When any success did occur it was more of a blind monkey throwing darts is gonna hit the target now and then situation. He screwed up a hell of a lot more than he solved economically.
  • We tend to think of the main target of the Nazis as the Jews; and it was based on Mein Kompf and his actions killing 6M+ of them. But in WWII he basically decided he wanted to kill ALL of the Russians too. It wasn't going to be "oh, the Russians surrendered and we'll take some land." It was "every last one of them is going to die".
  • I still don't blame France for not being game to fight, especially after WW1.

Capitalism was an improvement over the previous feudalism just as feudalism was an improvement over the previous slavery. The system that comes after capitalism will be the next improvement in line.

And capitalism celebrates that greed instead of sublimating it. As Gordon Gekko famously opined, "Greed is good. Greed is right. Greed works." Greed is the defining feature of capitalism. Its sole virtue. Thy one and only commandment: Acquire Profit for the Shareholders. Everything else be damned.
You mean the system that the WEF wants the world to use? The one that RESTRICTS our freedoms?

50 million chickens died last year. The largest bird influenza on record. That's a reason why prices are high.

Also, the WSJ is a conservative paper while Vox is liberal. So this meme is misleading.

Boy, that flew right over your head didn't it?

Uni-party. Media propaganda arm of said UNI-PARTY.

Not sure the meme could be any more clear. 🤔

Pure BS. You and I both know the circumstances of your birth matter. It's the entire meaning of the phrase "Born on third base." Rich kids have more opportunities than poor kids. That is an undeniable fact. What an insanely bleak outlook to think this is the best we can ever accomplish.
This is the biggest falsehood you’ve ever told. You’ve been propagandadized.

Name one place in human history that has allowed more opportunity to those at the bottom. We’ll wait.

Conservatives. And most Republicans.

This is an insane paragraph. You're literally equating white supremacists in America to Jews in Nazi Germany and saying we shouldn't discriminate against them. Yes we should discriminate against white supremacists.
Which is half of America to you. You justify discrimination against WHI SUPREMASISES when the left has vastly broadened what constitutes a WHI SUPREMASIS by overusing the term and applying it, along with “racist” to any person, white or black, who doesn’t kneel at the alter of BLM.

Republicans aren’t the ones playing identity politics and creating division.

This is the biggest falsehood you’ve ever told. You’ve been propagandadized.

Name one place in human history that has allowed more opportunity to those at the bottom. We’ll wait.
90906421-E7-B7-4-D45-BCBD-39-E70-F8207-A7.jpg

Vanguard is owned by its funds which in turn are owned by the fund holders. Net, Vanguard investors own those shares of those media companies.
No. The board makes the decsions and the avg investor is unaware of decisions made at a micro or macro level. It's why esg is expanding despite most Americans opposing it especially people who actually invest in funds.

I haven’t had a bout since Jan of 22 and that was just a mild cough for a few days. I take vitamin D and C every day. My only other bout was Jan of 21.

Dec 2019 for me. Friend of a friend traveled to China and brought it back to share with all of us. Been doing the same with supplements. A few others besides the D and C. Been around a bunch of people who were sick with it while I was meeting with them and found out/told me later. I've been blessed not to get it. Supplements are good in general for health, but I know God has more to do with it than what I eat or drink.

I love movies like The Big Lebowski and This Is Spinal Tap, shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, and comedians like Norm MacDonald and George Carlin. Not saying my comedic taste is better than anyone else's, but I will say that amateur political comedy is pretty awful. May God have mercy on your painfully unfunny souls.
It was left wing comedians that ruined late night comedy and SNL. Don't blame our side. Your side went off the deep end so bad that humor is sexist.

Sometimes a post is made that is worth more than 1000 others because of how revealing it is. Ivy League? You think that successful means Ivy League?

My dad and FIL were factory workers. Their dads were farmers, like their dads. Me and wife went to college, own a home, have accumulated some wealth. We’re more successful (and lucky) than 99.99% of people that ever lived on this rock and had none of those things on that list. (Unless it was the good name my parents gave me that they earned by staying out of trouble.) Most of us in America can say the same. And we owe it to the generations before us. who understood clearly that this is a garden spot on earth, despite the imperfections.

What a childish notion. No wonder the left is so messed up. They evidently truly think that everything somebody has was stolen in some way.

Last edited:
Democrats aren't doing that though. It's Fox and conservative media saying that.

Like if one democrat said something outlandish, and they have, then Fox would say "Democrats said xyz" when in reality it was one person or a small number of people.

On the flipside you literally have the conservative media arm spreading lies about the election or how liberal cities are burning to the ground when it's just not true.
3 Republican city council members have been shot and killed the last month in NJ. Probably haven't heard about it because the media doesn't care about pubs getting shot. Just like when a Bernie supporter shot up a Pub baseball practice... which by sheer luck had 2 police officers there... that was on the news for about 2 days. We are still talking about j6 and the only person that died was a female Trump voter.

Reread what i said. It is the truth. You will never have more opportunity than you do here. The most humanly possible.

Name a country that provides more opportunity, then prove it.
Never has been, never will be, a country with more opportunity than us now.
It is in no way the "most humanly possible." That is insanely arrogant and shows no understanding of the arc of history. We are only the present. The future extends far out before us just as the past does behind. We will do much better than America 2023. That is inevitable.

Capitalism was an improvement over the previous feudalism just as feudalism was an improvement over the previous slavery. The system that comes after capitalism will be the next improvement in line.

And capitalism celebrates that greed instead of sublimating it. As Gordon Gekko famously opined, "Greed is good. Greed is right. Greed works." Greed is the defining feature of capitalism. Its sole virtue. Thy one and only commandment: Acquire Profit for the Shareholders. Everything else be damned.
You never want a communist attempting to describe capitalism. Especially the communist whose whole life has benefited from capitalism.

Conservatives. And most Republicans.

This is an insane paragraph. You're literally equating white supremacists in America to Jews in Nazi Germany and saying we shouldn't discriminate against them. Yes we should discriminate against white supremacists.
And, this suggests you would have believed the lies about Jews in Nazi Germany.

Sometimes a post is made that is worth more than 1000 others because of how revealing it is. Ivy League? You think that successful means Ivy League?

My dad and FIL were factory workers. Their dads were farmers, like their dads. Me and wife went to college, own a home, have accumulated some wealth. We’re more successful (and lucky) than 99.99% of people that ever lived on this rock and had none of those things on that list. (Unless it was the good name my parents gave me that they earned by staying out of trouble.) Most of us in America can say the same. And we owe it to the generations before us. who understood clearly that this is a garden spot on earth, despite the imperfections.

What a childish notion. No wonder the left is so messed up. They evidently truly think that everything somebody has was stolen in some way.
You're the one who's deluded. You and your family have worked for everything they've ever gotten. Meanwhile the owners and landlords were leeching off of that labor the entire time. Parasites were stealing your hard earned money and you kiss their rings and thank them. Meanwhile you curse as thievery the collection of taxes for the elderly to not starve. The owners are the thieves, your family are the ones who produced those goods. Being successful enough to own a home is not who 'Tax the Rich! refers to. Mega-yachts actually exist. Hardworking Americans should be on the side of other hardworking Americans. Not Elon Musk or Bill Gates or any of the other billionaires who buy and sell influence worth more than your entire life's net worth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT