POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't like the word? Don't welcome them in to your party and then operate as fascists.
Please elaborate on what fascism is and how the Republican Party is operating in that way.
You think the Nazis just started rounding up Jews and marching them to gas chambers…no. They first blamed them for Germany’s ills following WWI, then they dehumanized them, then they isolated them, then they imprisoned them and then they started killing them.
They did this by having all forms of business, education, judicial system, media and the arts in lock step with one political party…starting to ring a bell to you…it should because it isn’t the Republicans.

Beyond comprehension, pensions for Ukrainians ? Wtf ?

The 87k IRS agents make sense now? They’ll keep pushing until people stop paying taxes. They expect it.

Same thing with firearms. When a gov wants to disarm you it’s because they plan on doing stuff to you that you’d want firearms for.

Last edited:
Please elaborate on what fascism is and how the Republican Party is operating in that way.
You think the Nazis just started rounding up Jews and marching them to gas chambers…no. They first blamed them for Germany’s ills following WWI, then they dehumanized them, then they isolated them, then they imprisoned them and then they started killing them.
They did this by having all forms of business, education, judicial system, media and the arts in lock step with one political party…starting to ring a bell to you…it should because it isn’t the Republicans.

Just posting this here. Y’all can do with as you like. Seems like @jameslee32 is on to something.

1. The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
  2. The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
  3. The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
  4. Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
  5. Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
  6. Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
  7. The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
  8. The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
  9. Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
  10. Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
  11. Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
  12. Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
  13. Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
  14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

What does the right have to offer?
Freedom
Our Founders understood these basic truths and tried their best to codify those systems. It’s up to us to continue to build upon them.
With communism? Equality of outcomes was something the founders were against. Otherwise they would have adopted the french constitutional concepts of life, liberty and equality.

That's not true at all. "Education, courts, media and the arts" were all pretty liberal in the Weimar Republic. The Nazis didn't control any of that until well after they came to power. They did it by capitalizing on anti-intellectual and anti-multicultural resentments in the citizenry against that pubic diversity by tying values to race, religion, and patriotism. Blood and soil. Nationalism. All the same stuff y'all do now.

Isn't this being insincere? The education system is liberal. Republicans cut funding to education.

Judicial system, last time I checked the Republicans control the Supreme Court.

Media and Arts are always going to be liberal because they're always changing. Change is the opposite of conservatism.

Shoot, the Weimar Republic was a bastion for media and the arts before the Nazis took over.

It was the Nazi party that burned all of that to the ground.

Even something as simple as LGBT rights were a thing in the Weimar Republic but it was the Nazis that rejected that. It was the Nazis that eventually threw those people in camps.

Joe Biden needs to fire Pete Buttigieg and EPA Chief Michael Regan NOW as they simply have not demonstrated the competence to hold their positions. There isn't a company in this country that would not have fired them both for incompetence already. This isn't political. These positions are critical and we need capable people in them instead of tokens checking a box.

Isn't this being insincere? The education system is liberal. Republicans cut funding to education.

Judicial system, last time I checked the Republicans control the Supreme Court.

Media and Arts are always going to be liberal because they're always changing. Change is the opposite of conservatism.

Shoot, the Weimar Republic was a bastion for media and the arts before the Nazis took over.

It was the Nazi party that burned all of that to the ground.

Even something as simple as LGBT rights were a thing in the Weimar Republic but it was the Nazis that rejected that. It was the Nazis that eventually threw those people in camps.

Nothing insincere about it, it’s just the facts of the matter.

The Nazi party did exactly what I stated, and the same thing is currently happening now. The only group that constantly spews hate and division are the democrats. It’s a daily occurrence on the media and by politicians. What do you think that’s gonna lead to?

I know Bill isn't alone and I appreciate his fairly reasonable reactions and rebuttals over the years but he's also likely the very last viewer of Trump's alternate reality TV show.

Freedom

With communism? Equality of outcomes was something the founders were against. Otherwise they would have adopted the french constitutional concepts of life, liberty and equality.
They modeled theirs on ours, not the other way around. And no one is asking for equality of outcome, just equality of opportunity.

That's not true at all. "Education, courts, media and the arts" were all pretty liberal in the Weimar Republic. The Nazis didn't control any of that until well after they came to power. They did it by capitalizing on anti-intellectual and anti-multicultural resentments in the citizenry against that pubic diversity by tying values to race, religion, and patriotism. Blood and soil. Nationalism. All the same stuff y'all do now.
Culture wars.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Sure, who is against public diversity or tying values to race or religion?

Like I stated, the Nazi party had every facet of those agencies in their support, and they all preached hate toward Jews because they were the fault of their ills, sound familiar? Of course it does, I guarantee somewhere right now a Democrat is spewing how everything is white supremacy.

About Dominion? The fraud was by stuffing ballot boxes with absentee ballots.

Aren’t you the least bit interested in why the media tgat feeds you only reports one side of the testimony? There’s a reason Trumps team distanced themselves from Powell.
After the election, Trump was so desperate for power that he sought out lawyers like those in Team Crazy to find something, anything to keep the Big Lie alive. You're living proof of that operation. Those in your ear kept you there, day after day, by telling you over and over exactly what you wanted to hear. That the election was stolen from Donald Trump and his actions since were somehow justified.

You do know about the open skies treaty right? We let dozens of countries openly send spy planes into the US for 30 years. In exchange we got to do the same. It was a way to end the chaos of cold war cat and mouse game of building crazier planes to outrun AA missiles. It also let the whole world keep tabs on each others military movement so there was never surprises that could lead to stupid reactions. It's not about the balloon. It's about the chaos the balloon created beause some idiots freaked the **** out over totally normal shit. China has low orbit spy satelites. There is nothing they can't already see better than with those. All the relevant militaries knew about the Ballon a week ago and didn't give a shit about it because it wasn't a big deal. Then it went ****ing crazy on social media and forced them to pretend to care. Multiple former trump administrators are on record that they tracked balloons as well and it just never was a big deal. We like super high altitude super sonic spy jets, China likes balloons.
4o0irzba1uia1.png

Nothing insincere about it, it’s just the facts of the matter.

The Nazi party did exactly what I stated, and the same thing is currently happening now. The only group that constantly spews hate and division are the democrats. It’s a daily occurrence on the media and by politicians. What do you think that’s gonna lead to?
Isn't conservative media all about hate and division? Like can you not see that?

My late father watched Fox all the time and literally told me 2 a few years ago that if there was an uprising that my mom and I would be the first to go. He said that because we were Democrats, he a Republican, and he saw the former as the enemy.

He'd talk about driving to Mexico to shoot men, women and children to protect our country.

Where do you think he got that rhetoric from?

He's said that guys need to be killed.

It's conservative news that drives this hate.

Shoot, the Nazis sent LGBT people to camps and persecuted trans people.

Fox spreads hate about the LGBT all the time.

• Wow
Reactions: jameslee32
After the election, Trump was so desperate for power that he sought out lawyers like those in Team Crazy to find something, anything to keep the Big Lie alive. You're living proof of that operation. Those in your ear kept you there, day after day, by telling you over and over exactly what you wanted to hear. That the election was stolen from Donald Trump and his actions since were somehow justified.
It was stolen, I didn’t form that viewpoint by what anyone told or reported and I sure as hell never it was because Dominion simply changed the count alone. I’ve made that pretty apparent that it was by absentee voting

Isn't conservative media all about hate and division? Like can you not see that?

My late father watched Fox all the time and literally told me 2 a few years ago that if there was an uprising that my mom and I would be the first to go. He said that because we were Democrats, he a Republican, and he saw the former as the enemy.

He'd talk about driving to Mexico to shoot men, women and children to protect our country.

Where do you think he got that rhetoric from?

He's said that guys need to be killed.

It's conservative news that drives this hate.

Shoot, the Nazis sent LGBT people to camps and persecuted trans people.

Fox spreads hate about the LGBT all the time.
Lol I love those nazi analogies.

"Hitler liked dogs and drank water, so you know what that says about you"

Talking about mutilating children who can't consent isn't lbgt hate

This is what the left does...they take a gop stance they don't like, then vastly overstate and fictionalize reality, which freaks everyone out, then they go cover that reaction as why it's bad and reality

This is what the left does...they take a gop stance they don't like, then vastly overstate and fictionalize reality, which freaks everyone out, then they go cover that reaction as why it's bad and reality
I don’t think Democrats are Nazis, but their current tactics are mirroring early Nazi tactics.

Sure, who is against public diversity or tying values to race or religion?

Like I stated, the Nazi party had every facet of those agencies in their support, and they all preached hate toward Jews because they were the fault of their ills, sound familiar? Of course it does, I guarantee somewhere right now a Democrat is spewing how everything is white supremacy.
Conservatives. And most Republicans.

This is an insane paragraph. You're literally equating white supremacists in America to Jews in Nazi Germany and saying we shouldn't discriminate against them. Yes we should discriminate against white supremacists.

Reactions: azurricat2010

Like BD said, it starts small and builds from there.

People should have the right to do with their bodies what they want at 18.

The issue atm is there are conservatives who will keep pushing until it's outlawed regardless of age.

Are you denying that anti-LGBTQ rhetoric is prevalent on the right? We see it here every single day man.

Reactions: azurricat2010
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT