POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, I agree with you on the problem here but it’s the better realistic solution I’m not seeing. What government is going to hand over power back to the people to write the rules? Never going to happen without force.

We have to closest thing to that here and our constitution and freedoms gets trampled on by our government at every turn. They even run on and successfully so at times on doing just that.
We don’t vote them out because of an uninformed and misled population partially due to the tactics of media they control.
State run media, Comrade. That is our answer and you will like it. Or else. You don’t need to know when the next Tieneman Square occurs, unless we approve distribution. Life will be so simple.

So we vote for politicians who campaign on expanding freedoms and protections for people, not curtail them. The root of the problem isn't the politicians though, they're just a reflection of the society they're in. The problem is who pays them and the press, which was the initial topic, alike. Our system was designed as a representative democracy where the elected representatives represent the interests of their constituents. Not whoever pays them the most. Do you really think the majority of Kentuckians would vote Mitch McConnell into office repeatedly if elections were really open and fair and well-regulated? No, he maintains his position through power. Power he gets from money. Which means no realistic primary challenger that more aligns with Kentuckians' positions. Which means no real campaigns, no even real serious conversations about issues that voters care about. It's similar in the Democratic party establishment. What we need to tackle is campaign finance reform and lobbying. Actually drain the swamp in a bipartisan, legal, lasting way. Not more 'freedoms' for corporations and the rich to legally bribe our elected representatives.

Dion, this post is as MAGA as it gets. The roots of the America First movement would agree with everything you just said. The far left and the far right sometimes overlap and can find this bizarro gray area where they can at least agree when it comes to todays establishment influence /corruption and how things are ran currently. I think there’s been an awakening on both sides that change needs to take place in that respect. It’s an enormous mountain to climb though and most won’t have the stomach for it.

Are we ready to finally tell the world "No more money for the next 12 months while we divert funds to fix some shit here"?

I know that's simplistic, but good lord do we just throw money away. In the 2010's when everything was rolling.. fine, I guess. Give Uzbekistan it's Billion. But now? Maybe we could use that money for infrastructure so our railroads don't cause toxic messes. Or maybe hospital funding to cover the nursing shortage we need. Or *insert blank system that's on the verge of a collapse*..

Dion, this post is as MAGA as it gets. The roots of the America First movement would agree with everything you just said. The far left and the far right sometimes overlap and can find this bizarro gray area where they can at least agree when it comes to todays establishment influence /corruption and how things are ran currently. I think there’s been an awakening on both sides that change needs to take place in that respect. It’s an enormous mountain to climb though and most won’t have the stomach for it.

It is pretty shocking how often Dion posts like a MAGA.

I feel for Fetterman, but if I was him, I would have clinical depression as well. He just needs to resign, and start making B list horror movies, or go work at Kroger.

Fetterman may have lied about having a functional brain, and probably lacks mental capacity to actually enter into a legal contract, but he didn’t lie about being Jewish like is alleged with Santos and Luna. Let’s focus on the real issues and people who should resign.

Lol first celebrating him as the first senator who was legally incompetent and now this.

The whole thing probably isn't even depression. It's probably just a result of brain damage because he's... you know...brain damaged.

If it's depression, yes good on him for getting treatment, if he's competent enough to even know what's going on. Even if so, he still needs to resign. No way on earth he is giving his constituents any actual representation.

Sounds a lot like long Covid.

Whatever happened to the guy from Colorado (I think) who was CEO of some type computer/software firm....who was in a chatroom for a while before the '20 election and said that there was a Dominion engineer in it telling people not to worry, that Trump had no chance, that 'they' fixed it so he couldnt win. ?? Last I heard, when he went public with what he knew/heard that he got canned from his company. Haven't heard anything since.

It is pretty shocking how often Dion posts like a MAGA.
Most people agree on the general principles as long as I don’t use trigger words like ‘proletariat’ and ‘means of production’. Because they’re real descriptions of the material world. We all know our institutions are corrupt. And we all know what corrupts them. Wealth.

No free press in the Third Reich either and they were capitalist as all get-out. The repression of dissenting opinion is a fixture of authoritarian extremism, not either side.
Within one page you stated the problem was directly due to capitalism. Capitalism has proven to put the most money into the most people's hands compared to any other economic system. You don't agree with that for whatever reason you have. It's not because you don't know.
Most people agree on the general principles as long as I don’t use trigger words like ‘proletariat’ and ‘means of production’. Because they’re real descriptions of the material world. We all know our institutions are corrupt. And we all know what corrupts them. Wealth.
It isn't wealth. It's greed. The worst of human nature and also the most pervasive trait we have. Regardless of what we're talking about, money, power, possessions, greed tells us we want more than we need of everything.

Are we ready to finally tell the world "No more money for the next 12 months while we divert funds to fix some shit here"?

I know that's simplistic, but good lord do we just throw money away. In the 2010's when everything was rolling.. fine, I guess. Give Uzbekistan it's Billion. But now? Maybe we could use that money for infrastructure so our railroads don't cause toxic messes. Or maybe hospital funding to cover the nursing shortage we need. Or *insert blank system that's on the verge of a collapse*..
Maybe the for-profit healthcare industry that has pocketed trillions over the past few decades should reach into their pockets and invest/reinvest into that which from they have profited? A large part of our debt and future obligations are to fund the care of poor and elderly Americans for which they have been more than well compensated.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Maybe the for-profit healthcare industry that has pocketed trillions over the past few decades should reach into their pockets and invest/reinvest into that which from they have profited? A large part of our debt and future obligations are to fund the care of poor and elderly Americans for which they have been more than well compensated.

I honestly dont really care if the top of any organization is making bank. I'd rather have that, which is something for people to strive for and work hard towards, which in turn helps build product and create innovation..

.. then have it go to Latin countries to help female reproductive education.

I'm tired of throwing money around the world (which in turn is lining the pockets of politicians just like for-profit business owners), just so these countries can continue to hate us.

There should be some sort of index for the US.. when that Index shows us below a certain point? We cut world funding and put it towards the things we need here.. when that index then goes back up to a normal level, we can continue funding these other countries. Right now, we need to pull global funding.

Within one page you stated the problem was directly due to capitalism. Capitalism has proven to put the most money into the most people's hands compared to any other economic system. You don't agree with that for whatever reason you have. It's not because you don't know.

It isn't wealth. It's greed. The worst of human nature and also the most pervasive trait we have. Regardless of what we're talking about, money, power, possessions, greed tells us we want more than we need of everything.
Capitalism was an improvement over the previous feudalism just as feudalism was an improvement over the previous slavery. The system that comes after capitalism will be the next improvement in line.

And capitalism celebrates that greed instead of sublimating it. As Gordon Gekko famously opined, "Greed is good. Greed is right. Greed works." Greed is the defining feature of capitalism. Its sole virtue. Thy one and only commandment: Acquire Profit for the Shareholders. Everything else be damned.

I honestly dont really care if the top of any organization is making bank. I'd rather have that, which is something for people to strive for and work hard towards, which in turn helps build product and create innovation..

.. then have it go to Latin countries to help female reproductive education.

I'm tired of throwing money around the world (which in turn is lining the pockets of politicians just like for-profit business owners), just so these countries can continue to hate us.

There should be some sort of index for the US.. when that Index shows us below a certain point? We cut world funding and put it towards the things we need here.. when that index then goes back up to a normal level, we can continue funding these other countries. Right now, we need to pull global funding.
They don't hate "us". They hate you. Maybe you should look inward and try to figure out why.

Wealth and money have corrupted the Democrat Party beyond repair. That is what drives Biden. He cares nothing about the people. Unless they too have wealth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT