POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This isn’t an insult. It’s a statement of fact. The Constitution allows for the free exercise of religion. There is no “right” to force anyone to violate their conscience. The path that you’re on, whether you can see or admit it, ends at compulsory thought.
He doesn’t have to violate his conscience. He’s free to close up shop and not violate anything. That’s his choice.

Reminds me of DUI (DWI?) checks. Announce a couple of days in advance when and where they will be.
'Saturday on Rt. 25 between 10pm and 1am.'
Is that just an Ohio thing or in other states too? Kind of defeats the purpose.

They are legally required to publicly announce the time and location of planned checkpoints. That sounds absurd on it's face, but when you think about it, you are being temporarily detained by law enforcement for no reason. Otherwise they need legal justification to stop you

Can anyone imagine a day when the left says, "that's it, everything is good and everyone is happy"?
Of course not. Why would you want that type of 1984 doublespeak lying? If you turn a blind eye and deny problems exist you can’t fix them. We’d have to all be living in an immortal utopia to actually say that and have it be true. And that seems pretty far away from where I’m sitting.

What a fool. Who interjected to protect her from a follow-up? She said it was not relevant. The follow-up placed it in the context of the people not knowing the answer. The death penalty is a relevant question for a governor who has to power to pardon sentences. This question should be asked at every press conference until she provides a real answer. The media should not let some press handler stop them from getting answers to legit questions. Where is the real press?

This isn’t an insult. It’s a statement of fact. The Constitution allows for the free exercise of religion. There is no “right” to force anyone to violate their conscience. The path that you’re on, whether you can see or admit it, ends at compulsory thought.
Dion prefers running the man out of business, rather than respect his sincerely held religious beliefs. Dion prefers to lie by calling his refusal “hate.” If you want to know why communism will be horridly oppressive in this country, just see how its proponents mislead in debate. There is nothing virtuous about communism.

Has anyone in history ever been the subject of an openly stated planned search? That literally defeats the point and is clearly designed to allow the target to remove anything incriminating.

It's beyond absurdity

You can’t expect the FBI to do all the hard work.

Like Biden’s lawyers, my wife and I make sure to straighten up the clutter before the cleaning lady comes in to do the actual cleaning like the FBI.

What do you think happens if someone goes to the baker and says, “I want a cake to celebrate my infidelity to my wife” or “to celebrate how I just stole a million dollars from clients?”

Here is my educated guess, the man refuses to bake the cake and no one cries foul. Sure, Dion will yell about protected classes in the civil rights code, but the purpose of these questions is to demonstrate that the act of refusal is not against the person, it is against the sin. It is not hate toward the person, but a refusal to celebrate what the man sincerely feels is an affront to God.

The government telling him he must participate in violating his religious belief is clearly a violation of his constitutional rights to freedom of religion. There is no argument otherwise. And, the fact that bakeries all over will sell the cakes he won’t demonstrates there is not need for government to restrict that constitutional right.

Activist courts will say otherwise, because they are result oriented and don’t respect the foundational law of this country.

bf25c3b3f396dccbe0d4d34174c5f446b6d09d5f.jpeg

What do you think happens if someone goes to the baker and says, “I want a cake to celebrate my infidelity to my wife” or “to celebrate how I just stole a million dollars from clients?”

Here is my educated guess, the man refuses to bake the cake and no one cries foul. Sure, Dion will yell about protected classes in the civil rights code, but the purpose of these questions is to demonstrate that the act of refusal is not against the person, it is against the sin. It is not hate toward the person, but a refusal to celebrate what the man sincerely feels is an affront to God.

The government telling him he must participate in violating his religious belief is clearly a violation of his constitutional rights to freedom of religion. There is no argument otherwise. And, the fact that bakeries all over will sell the cakes he won’t demonstrates there is not need for government to restrict that constitutional right.

Activist courts will say otherwise, because they are result oriented and don’t respect the foundational law of this country.
He isn't celebrating. He's selling a cake. And as you yourself admit here he can legally refuse service for those reasons. Just like you admit he can't for transphobia. The law is clear. And thank goodness we have it or he and others like him would be doing it.

He isn't celebrating. He's selling a cake. And as you yourself admit here he can legally refuse service for those reasons. Just like you admit he can't for transphobia. The law is clear. And thank goodness we have it or he and others like him would be doing it.
This is another Marxist ploy. Tell the person of faith what they are and are not doing. Why not just exegesis scripture for him and explain why he is wrong? Another ploy is to mischaracterize the facts. Transphobia? Educate yourself, Dion, so you don’t look so ignorant.

The law is clear. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” The law of the land. The supreme law, until commie fascists take control.

This is another Marxist ploy. Tell the person of faith what they are and are not doing. Why not just exegesis scripture for him and explain why he is wrong? Another ploy is to mischaracterize the facts. Transphobia? Educate yourself, Dion, so you don’t look so ignorant.

The law is clear. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.” The law of the land. The supreme law, until commie fascists take control.
He's free to exercise however he chooses. Himself. Personally. When he involves others in that, aka owning a business open to the public, he's subject to the laws thereof. It's his choice and he's completely free to make it.

Not a single person has engaged with either hypothetical where he's refusing service over race instead of sex, or whether your religious freedom gives you the freedom to stone infidels if that's what your religion commands. Why? Because y'all understand exactly what it is you're trying to argue for. And you know it's wrong. You just want to do it anyway.

I think DeSantis would be a fantastic president but there is one factor that would probably keep him from winning. Unless that person offers his support DeSantis has no chance in hell of winning. That person is Donald Trump. If Trump would support the ticket a Republican could win but there is no evidence he will. He wants a coronation.

If Trump lost the nomination to DeSantis in all probability he would start a third party and take his loyal base with him. We have posters on this forum who say they will vote for Biden before they vote for DeSantis. Multiply that by millions nationwide.

It is funny that Trump is jumping on the bandwagon and speaking out on things that Florida, under DeSantis has already addressed. Like the one in the twitter below. Also Trump attacking DeSantis on the Covid jab and wearing masks is another loser for Trump. Anybody with a brain knows DeSantis changed course a month or so after Trump, Fauci and the scarf lady held press conferences every day urging people to wash their hands for 30 seconds and wear their mask at all times. In schools and in restaurants. Then Trump went into Warp Speed Mode and had a "vaccine" ready before it had been adequately tested. Then he really screwed up when he allowed Big Pharma out of any liability under tort law. They were Scot Free and were able to make billions of dollars for a worthless shot.

Trump is not a team player and it is either him or burn down the barn. So DeSantis may as well stay put down here.

So you're willing to be cowered by what you think DT would do to RD w/o him even having the chance to do it yet?
I'd say not me but then I'm not voting DT anyway so meaningless.

He's free to exercise however he chooses. Himself. Personally. When he involves others in that, aka owning a business open to the public, he's subject to the laws thereof. It's his choice and he's completely free to make it.

Not a single person has engaged with either hypothetical where he's refusing service over race instead of sex, or whether your religious freedom gives you the freedom to stone infidels if that's what your religion commands. Why? Because y'all understand exactly what it is you're trying to argue for. And you know it's wrong. You just want to do it anyway.

You wish to ignore the supreme law of the land.

When a person raises race in today’s age as a religious belief, I will address it. Is it sincere? That is a prerequisite. You deal with that hypothetical religion. I don’t have the time.

Reactions: SDC888
I notice you, again, didn't engage the hypotheticals. Thanks for proving my point. You know it's wrong.

No he doesn't. Caveman there engages refutes your Marxist drivel just fine.

It's morally wrong to force the cake baker to violate his sincerely held treligious conscious or pcik another line of work. You'd understand that if you weren't morally corrupted by a morally bankrupt ideology.

It's unAmerican. YOur hypotheticals are anti-American nonsense undeserving of engagement.

Last edited:
I notice you, again, didn't engage the hypotheticals. Thanks for proving my point. You know it's wrong.
It’s certainly not wrong. If we don’t have the right to act peacefully on our religious convictions then there is no religious liberty.

Your entire flimsy premise is hinged on the spurious notion of protected categories. What kind of serious thinker argues that gender hopping is worthy of legal protection?

This reminds me of the “right” to abortion. Squint long and hard at the Constitution and poof!- the right to kill the unborn emerges! Squint again and there it is—the right to force someone to act against their religion. Utter nonsense.

No he doesn't. Caveman there engages refutes your Marxist drivel just fine.
No he didn't. He literally says he doesn't have the time to engage with it:
You deal with that hypothetical religion. I don’t have the time.

As for the rest:
It's morally wrong to force the cake baker to violate his sincerely held treligious conscious or pcik another line of work. You'd understand that if you weren't morally corrupted by a morally bankrupt ideology.

It's unAmerican. YOur hypotheticals are anti-American nonsense undeserving of engagement.
It's a pink cake with blue frosting. The majority of America thinks that's some crazy shit to have a problem with "his sincerely held religious conscious" over. He even initially agreed to make the pink cake with blue frosting, as it's a simple thing that if the customer had been anyone else wouldn't be an issue. But because of who that person is he then refused when he found out. But still, whatever, to each his own. This is America, he's free to worship as he pleases. He doesn't have to bake her a cake. What he can't do is legally refuse service based on sex or the other listed attributes. He's free to take his ball and go home.

What about all that is unAmerican? I'd argue the most American thing is selling the cake and making the money. Even to someone you may disagree with.

Last edited:

buisness isnt religion. i know MAGA morons worship money but try to learn the difference. Just like how you sign away all rights when you join the Army, when you start a buisness you agree to follow rules. IF you want to be a bigot start a church. Buisness rules don't inhibt your exercise of religion. and the US has never even followed that prohibitation rule even in private matters, AKA the mormons. You are free to practice your religion up untill the point it is deemed to infringe on others or morally unacceptable. At that point parts of your religion will be restricted.

Reactions: Dionysus444
buisness isnt religion. i know MAGA morons worship money but try to learn the difference. Just like how you sign away all rights when you join the Army, when you start a buisness you agree to follow rules. IF you want to be a bigot start a church. Buisness rules don't inhibt your exercise of religion. and the US has never even followed that prohibitation rule even in private matters, AKA the mormons. You are free to practice your religion up untill the point it is deemed to infringe on others or morally unacceptable. At that point parts of your religion will be restricted.
Damn plat thanks for reminding me about Jessie Jackson and Louis Farrakhan 🍺 I had forgot about those dudes

Why don’t you guys just buy a cake from someone who doesn’t hate you and stop harassing the guy who doesn’t want to bake you cakes?

Better yet see a doctor who can treat your mental disabilities and stop trying to force your body dysmorphia into the mainstream.

I just saw a Kelly Craft ad where she says she's going to "secure the state's borders". What the hell does that even mean? And do it with what? Barbed wire? National Guard?

Reactions: KYExtemper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT