POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What if we win the Senate? How does your absolutist take handle winning one chamber and losing the other? Who “wins” then?
I guess if that happens then the election was fairly even. You had control of the senate anyway. I think what you’re getting at is am I disappointed with the results? Absolutely. How any rational person on the fence in this election could vote for a democrat baffles me. But it’s not a democratic victory.

But I bet you get outraged by blackface?

Why is it different to pretend to be a woman, vs pretending to black?

Serious question, for all the liberals here, not just you, Dion.
Just like all things, context. Shucking and jiving in minstrelry was intentionally making fun of black people. Drag is an homage. They aren’t trying to put Cher and Madonna down by dressing up like them and lip syncing their songs. They’re honoring them. The two activities have opposite intent.

I guess if that happens then the election was fairly even. You had control of the senate anyway. I think what you’re getting at is am I disappointed with the results? Absolutely. How any rational person on the fence in this election could vote for a democrat baffles me. But it’s not a democratic victory.
I mean you can say that but it doesn’t make it true.

Just like all things, context. Shucking and jiving in minstrelry was intentionally making fun of black people. Drag is an homage. They aren’t trying to put Cher and Madonna down by dressing up like them and lip syncing their songs. They’re honoring them. The two activities have opposite intent.
What about a baseball team named Indians or Braves? I always thought of that as honoring them.

What about a baseball team named Indians or Braves? I always thought of that as honoring them.
It’s an interesting topic with proponents and detractors on both sides. Not nearly as cut-and-dried as drag or minstrelry. They’re mascots which are traditionally fierce and violent, but also celebrated. For instance the Redskins was an abstract representation of enemy savages, while the Blackhawks are a tribute to a real military member Black Hawk that the club’s founder served in the same division as. So the subject needs to be addressed on an individual basis and you can’t really draw broad generalizations like with blackface or drag. I mean even those have contextual exceptions, like Robert Downey Jr’s blackface in Tropic Thunder. It was used as an example of how ignorant and out of touch the character was and was appropriate in context so no one was upset at RDJr for doing it.

Reactions: Mash 2.4
^^ This right here is a clueless mother fu#*er^^. He was wrong about COVID yet continued and probably still continues to double down. He’s wrong about Ukraine yet continues to double down. And he’s wrong about McConnell yet continues to double down. Supposed Republicans like him are as damaging to this country as liberals.
I have a gasket I can sell you. LMAO.

Oh yea, not wrong about any of those.

I hope Republicans can somehow get through all the mean tweets they're obsessing over. Its always darkest before the dawn. Stay strong you manly bearded warriors that love to posts memes about how strong you are in between blubbering about somebody's unflattering tweet that hurt your feelings.

Chad.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT