POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All this fighting over who Trump is nominating is helping him. I can't believe the lameness with which we as Democrats are being led. When you are reduced to counting on Chuck Schumer to save you... well we pretty much can't get any more pathetic than that.

Now is the winter of my discontent. I must reserve and savor my bitterness. Preserve it. Allow it to percolate deeply and slowly. From these ashes a new manifesto must emerge that leads the Democrats out of the wilderness of racial division and back to our roots as the true champions of the working men and women of this country.

For now, we must suffer our penance.

There's actually a decent Mein Kampf quote to help you with that part. Not going to mix it with Steinbeck, I'll let you do it if you can figure it out. Sorry dude, Dems have traveled too far off the path. WAY off that path. They will never get them back on their own. They have go all-in, in quick hurry, with ideas, with cultures, with strategies, and without moral code, all the while training their sights 100% full zoom at any and everything this is or has been Good Old Quality, of this Nation. You see that card game. What is important? To know what they hold? Or to accept how they wager?

Only propaganda can save them, and maybe it will. Their word alone will not be believed. The greatest figure known to all American literature has some interesting quotes on promises. Perhaps you might look those up. Can probably just google his name and add "promise" or "promises". His famous cynicism can apply to all political sides, but given the concentrated and fabulous quantities we have recently witnessed, the scales are currently tipped heavily to one side. Perhaps that could change with some compensation, some . . . like I said, there is always propaganda, and that belongs to you guys. And if you don't understand just how powerfully it belongs to you reckless bozo's, there's some decent Mein Kampf quotes to help you with that part too. Offering you my apology now . . . because I've changed my mind:

"All propaganda must be popular and its intellectual level must be adjusted to the most limited intelligence among those it is addressed to."

Last edited:
The cast of Hamilton takes it upon themselves to ask Pence to stick around and take a lecture from them. The smugness is palpable. Via TheHill.

At the end of the show, one of the actors asked Pence not to leave the theater before he could read a statement from the cast.

"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us at 'Hamilton: An American Musical,'" Brandon Victor Dixon said. "We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. We hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us."

The cast of Hamilton takes it upon themselves to ask Pence to stick around and take a lecture from them. The smugness is palpable. Via TheHill.

At the end of the show, one of the actors asked Pence not to leave the theater before he could read a statement from the cast.

"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us at 'Hamilton: An American Musical,'" Brandon Victor Dixon said. "We are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. We hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us."

Good god

I haven't seen it but Is Hamilton cultural appropriation ?

Reactions: augustaky1

Check out @ghaney22's Tweet:

People have lost their mind. I've seen people seriously call for Trump to liquidate all of his assets to avoid conflicts of interest while president. Are you dumb? Everyone has interest, and it's better to understand the interests so you have an idea when the conflict is being exploited.

My daughters turned me on to Hamilton, and we listen to the soundtrack in the car together all the time. Having said that, that was a very condescending and arrogant statement made by the cast. Just a perfect example of liberals believing their own lies and propaganda. Really? Based on their statement, they must believe Trump intends to re-enslave the blacks, kill the Jews, deport all Mexicans, euthanize the senior citizens, revoke child labor laws, and destroy the environment.

I guess in their defense, being a nearly all-minority cast, being denizens of the city of New York, and being performing artists, the echo chamber must be absolutely deafening.

Reactions: ymmot31
DeadspinVerified account‏@Deadspin
Mike Pence says the openly gay and HIV-positive lead actor in 'Hamilton' deserves to die. Boo Mike Pence everywhere: http://deadsp.in/kJklRb0

Aids virus during American Rev.? No, they didn't have that. Just kidding. Tell you something else that didn't exist in popular form in 1776 either: Popular use of the word "immigrant", but that didn't stop Hamilton script writers from using the word to craft lines for modern political purposes (e.g. "immigrants get the job done") . . . and the crowd goes wild for it, as they did last night for the VP elect.

Not sure the exact etymology, "immigrant". Later that century prob.

Lmao where these f**** been the last 8 years???

Facebook dillema, I have several friends who were very explicit about not commenting on their liberal opinions during the election. If you didn't like it--then keep it to yourself. Now, they are spouting off about how no conservatives are willing to stand up publicly for the change happening in our administration.

So, do you want me to shut up? Or do you want me to skewer your naive and condescending position points? Wish they would make up their minds.

Reactions: ymmot31
Facebook dillema, I have several friends who were very explicit about not commenting on their liberal opinions during the election. If you didn't like it--then keep it to yourself. Now, they are spouting off about how no conservatives are willing to stand up publicly for the change happening in our administration.

So, do you want me to shut up? Or do you want me to skewer your naive and condescending position points? Wish they would make up their minds.
Why they hate Fox so much, it broke up the bubble monopoly of propaganda.

15078941_1190496711037045_1496749946387284913_n.jpg

Aids virus during American Rev.? No, they didn't have that. Just kidding. Tell you something else that didn't exist in popular form in 1776 either: Popular use of the word "immigrant", but that didn't stop Hamilton script writers from using the word to craft lines for modern political purposes (e.g. "immigrants get the job done") . . . and the crowd goes wild for it, as they did last night for the VP elect.

Not sure the exact etymology, "immigrant". Later that century prob.

doing something I never do here - replying to my own post to add thoughts. It is important for individuals to attempt to place their own value on popular influence. "Hamilton" is that - popular influence. Is it revisionist? The play ends with an oratory to "remind" or - more correctly stated - "urge" spectators to believe that this nation was built on the principle of immigration. But that, to many, is completely un-so. The ability to judge the origin and use of the word "immigrant" is but one. More importantly, more truthfully, is that the processes and intentions of "immigration" and "colonization" are so tremendously unique from the other that the historical and practical distinctions cannot be ignored. La mirgra!

I'm assuming the irony of it all is lost on the people in attendance who are booing Pence b/c his political beliefs differ from theirs.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I'm assuming the irony of it all is lost on the people in attendance who are booing Pence b/c his political beliefs differ from theirs.
I don't care either way about the exchange, but it's not just they have different political views, like hey, we need more government vs less government, he has been known to discriminate against gays. So it's more a protesting of discrimination than just political ideology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT