POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have no desire to get back on Twitter. It’s a complete cesspool no matter who owns and operates it.
Yep. Reddit is right up there too. But Twitter is pure cancer. It was the only social media platform I used for like 7 years and then a few years ago, I got rid of it (took a break from this place as well) and it did wonders. Consuming that garbage messes with you. It's a cesspool and echo chamber filled with the worst people and tons of bots. You're either arguing with a radical loon or a bot.

I've yet to figure out Musk. Devil's advocate, rich contrarian, robin hood, self appointed protector of free speech, he's got some balls with his bills.
Pretty much feel the same. The dude is one wicked smart mf'er and he does nothing without gaining multiple angles.

Consider this. Elon Musk is a leading developer of AI. He has stated more than once that he needed a larger pool of human consciousness to pull from to advance his AI. Now he has the largest pool on the planet.

Also, he is balls deep in CureVac, he is developing a nuerolink chip that scares the hell out me, and he has multiple government military contracts that make him huge sums of money.

If he can fix Twitter then that is a win. I just wouldn't look at the guy as some kind of savior of all mankind.

Democrats try to disrupt the legislative process in Florida by screaming and yelling like savages. This is a tactic they do over and over and over. Scream and yell. But not to worry, we got this. The law passes anyway. More GOP representatives will be in the U.S. Congress. Our aim is to crush Democrats and move forward in the State of Florida. We ain't got time for them anymore. No compromise and no working with them.

The new map is widely expected to expand Republicans' current 16-11 congressional advantage to 20–8. That is four more. We gained seats from the census. What is the Dims advantage in the House now, 5? They are toast in November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...lorida-house-passes-new-map-anyway/ar-AAWswwP
The real shame is that every GOP controlled state isn't managed like Florida.

Treat the democrats like the unAmerican scum they are. Zero quarter.

Pretty much feel the same. The dude is one wicked smart mf'er and he does nothing without gaining multiple angles.

Consider this. Elon Musk is a leading developer of AI. He has stated more than once that he needed a larger pool of human consciousness to pull from to advance his AI. Now he has the largest pool on the planet.

Also, he is balls deep in CureVac, he is developing a nuerolink chip that scares the hell out me, and he has multiple government military contracts that make him huge sums of money.

If he can fix Twitter then that is a win. I just wouldn't look at the guy as some kind of savior of all mankind.
He's playing above the field intellectually, including myself. He's a businessman and I admire his brashness. I wouldn't trust the sucker as far as I could throw one of his rockets or drive one of his cars.

Starting to think Jack was held at gun point the last several years. He seems pretty happy about Musk owning Twitter.

He's trying to change the narrative on his way out. He took the Chinese/terrorist money and had to bring on their CEO to do their bidding. They ran the platform by proxy which is why they could do easily just control everything and why none of their accounts ever got a ban or even demotion. Jmo of course but I don't see any other explanation.

No matter how he felt at the end, he definitely does not deserve a reprieve for making that deal with the devil.

But don't worry....I'm sure he really learned his lesson and won't make the same mistakes and censor people on his other giant platform square payment systems. You know....like social credit scores or esg rating. Definitely not....

I will share this:

About a year ago, I started telling people that in order for the “good guys” to win a “civil war”, we would need the likes of Elon Musk and/or Peter Thiel to build a new Internet, etc., because with the Dems in power, our ability to communicate would be shut down.

In retrospect, I think I was onto something there.

FROnjpsWYAIUqVX
Plus they'd portray him as gay.

Yep. Reddit is right up there too. But Twitter is pure cancer. It was the only social media platform I used for like 7 years and then a few years ago, I got rid of it (took a break from this place as well) and it did wonders. Consuming that garbage messes with you. It's a cesspool and echo chamber filled with the worst people and tons of bots. You're either arguing with a radical loon or a bot.

I see it a bit different, you could call a lot of things a cesspool or pure cancer. Cable news is pure cancer...hell if you are prone to hyperbole you could say the internet it self is pure cancer. You ever been on this site after UK loses a big basketball or football game? Messages boards certainly can be a cesspool. Ultimately, if you know where to look, you can avoid the worst aspects of social media or cable news or whatever.

I can't watch cable news, it doesn't matter whether the person is liberal or conservative. It's just a bunch of noise, if you told me to try to watch a full hour of Hannity or Maddow I would tell you I would rather play Russian Roulette. I'm sure I could find times of the day I could watch it, but mostly I would have to avoid it.

I deleted my facebook account a few years back and was glad I did, so I certainly can see someone making the decision to get off social media, twitter included. I never tweet out anything on my account and unlike facebook, I know almost no one in my real life who is on twitter, everyone I know is on facebook.

For a political junkie, twitter is the best place to consume news in my opinion. I can get through all the big stories of the day and see what both liberal and conservative commentators are saying about it and do so in a way that doesn't consume very much time.

Twitter seems to be the go to social media for most reporters and media figures regardless of their political affiliation...so for the purposes of reading about politics, I find it the most useful place. I can see how most newspapers and political sites are spinning the news of the day and do so very quickly. If you are trying to argue with people, then yes twitter, facebook, the comment section of most articles, and message boards are mostly garbage.

Social media is not free speech you damn lunatics. You are still free to walk out of your trailer and scream you conspiracy bullshit to your neighbors because that is free speech. Social media is a business and they get to decide who their customers are. That's called capitalism. Pretty much the only time I see any tweets is in this board so I give no ****s about it.
i2dpfdobwvv81.jpg

I was going to say something similar, but I worried I would look stupid about business haha.

I didn't even know there were that many JC Pennys around anymore.

I thought it was doing about as good as Blockbuster.

My 95 year old Grandmama loves Pennys. Thats the one person I know that ever shops there. I do remember several years ago they hired away the guy responsible for designing Apple stores and it was a huge disaster. I thought that was the end of them

Reactions: trueblujr2
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT