POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their budget is almost $6 billion a year as it is. They sure as hell don't need more damn money. The department needs to be more fiscally responsible and reform the corrupt police union so they can hold bad officers accountable so the good cops who work hard can advance in their careers. I would think conservatives would support fiscal responsibility and meritocracy.
I agree with most of what you’re saying. I do think increased and continuous training is absolutely needed. But when you have a large portion of the country calling for your heads, morale and motivation are going to be an issue. None of us really know what a lot of these guys have to deal with on a daily basis.

But we do know.

liberal criminals
Eliminating cash bail and lighter sentencing is not working. That’s absolutely a fact. We have to all find some sense of reality instead of always bowing to political correctness. There is a segment of society who’s actions are sub human. That’s an unfortunate truth. Lighter penalties for their crimes is not gonna magically reform them.

I agree with most of what you’re saying. I do think increased and continuous training is absolutely needed. But when you have a large portion of the country calling for your heads, morale and motivation are going to be an issue. None of us really know what a lot of these guys have to deal with on a daily basis.
That's why I always try to do my best to give cops the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes it's just not possible and you still see unions defend the cop's action. Like when Daniel Shaver was executed in the hallway of a hotel and the officer gets $2,500 a month for the rest of his life because he claims he has PTSD. The video of that incident is readily available and it's horrible. When people see that cop get a payout of the rest of his life it colors people's perception.

Not all cops are bad, but there does seem to be a culture of covering up for bad cops. Good cops who blow the whistle on misconduct are punished by their department. Citizens who file misconduct complaints are harassed by their local PD. I think it's gone on for so long much of the anti-cop sentiment you see is some public opinion correcting too far in the other direction. Much of what people are asking for is just basic accountability and departments all over the country are throwing temper tantrums over just the thought of that.

It's also a huge problem that citizens are supposed to remain completely calm and follow instruction with no mistakes during police interactions but the police are allowed to panic and accidentally shoot or kill people.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Eliminating cash bail
This is working quite well in NJ. It is not working great in NY. It's not about the concept, it's a matter of the system being designed correctly.

But why should money be the determining factor for if someone is free before their trial or not? If a rich guy and a poor guy are both charged with the same crime, why is it fair that only the rich one is free? Taking into consideration prior criminal history, flight risk, etc. is perfectly reasonable. But money should not be the factor that gives someone more rights than someone else.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Eliminating cash bail and lighter sentencing is not working. That’s absolutely a fact. We have to all find some sense of reality instead of always bowing to political correctness. There is a segment of society who’s actions are sub human. That’s an unfortunate truth. Lighter penalties for their crimes is not gonna magically reform them.

the rewards of negative reinforcement

But we do know.

liberal criminals
That's why I always try to do my best to give cops the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes it's just not possible and you still see unions defend the cop's action. Like when Daniel Shaver was executed in the hallway of a hotel and the officer gets $2,500 a month for the rest of his life because he claims he has PTSD. The video of that incident is readily available and it's horrible. When people see that cop get a payout of the rest of his life it colors people's perception.
Not all cops are bad, but there does seem to be a culture of covering up for bad cops. Good cops who blow the whistle on misconduct are punished by their department. Citizens who file misconduct complaints are harassed by their local PD. I think it's gone on for so long much of the anti-cop sentiment you see is some public opinion correcting too far in the other direction. Much of what people are asking for is just basic accountability and departments all over the country are throwing temper tantrums over just the thought of that.

It's also a huge problem that citizens are supposed to remain completely calm and follow instruction with no mistakes during police interactions but the police are allowed to panic and accidentally shoot or kill people.
You won’t get much argument from me regarding unions in almost every industry or profession. In my opinion they stopped serving the purpose they were created for a long time ago.

To give a little perspective on how easy or hard it is or was to hire good cops. I was a military policeman when Viet Nam was going on. There were also riots going on in numerous cities here in the states. They came to numerous bases and offered instant honorable discharges if we would sign contracts as policeman at numerous cities. Knowing we would probably wind up in Viet Nam if we said no, not one policeman on my base accepted the offer. It is as bad if not worse today, why would any man want to be a policeman.

Obviously true.

Can do it on most issues too...

They'd garner more respect if they weren't always lying, twisting the truth to serve their ends. They're just not serious people; no one can seriously make the case the country hasn't shifted much further left than where it was.

No one, at least, who pays attention and is capable of giving a competent, honest assessment like that Economist article I linked (which is a left of center publication except for some of their coverage on actual economics), all would be forced to admit the same conclusion: American politics have gone too far left for the American people, who are center right and haven't changed much at all except to the left on these stupid social issues in my lifetime.
Can you believe bill clinton wantes to secure the border?!?! What a fing racist! (I mean ... that is the response nowadays, right?)

This is working quite well in NJ. It is not working great in NY. It's not about the concept, it's a matter of the system being designed correctly.

But why should money be the determining factor for if someone is free before their trial or not? If a rich guy and a poor guy are both charged with the same crime, why is it fair that only the rich one is free? Taking into consideration prior criminal history, flight risk, etc. is perfectly reasonable. But money should not be the factor that gives someone more rights than someone else.
Dangerous people need to be behind bars. We have more than enough examples of why. While rich people are no better than anybody else, I’d wager they’re less dangerous physically than most.

The gigantic elephant in the room is that cops know they cannot handle the criminal element with kid gloves. So now, they don’t try. I don’t blame them. People should suffer what they voted for.

So, criminals run wild knowing that cops will be called racists or bad cops if they use any force.

For starters.
Aren't you arguing that they are a paper tiger and their military sucks in the Ukraine thread? How do you say that a country, with a gdp of California, that is struggling with a corrupt oligarch run democracy, is thinking about running all the way to France? Do you even think this stuff through or just say what comes into your mind?

Russia can't invade Nato. They are attacking Ukraine to protect themselves from Nato. They have said it for 30 years and Nuland, Hillary, Soros and Biden saw money in Ukraine and didn't care about the deaths that would result... Don't be on the side of Hillary, Nuland, Soros and Biden... not a good place to be.

There are people we interact with every day here who swear there’s no media bias. Can you see why they absolutely will fight Musk?

You think Twitter is stopping Musk because of the leftist elite privileges?

Maybe.

Or Twitter have documents that they don't want Musk to see or..... the secretive Dept of Homeland backdoor login to control liberal and societal narrative.

Musk may go Tender. Twitter is screwed.

Their budget is almost $6 billion a year as it is. They sure as hell don't need more damn money. The department needs to be more fiscally responsible and reform the corrupt police union so they can hold bad officers accountable so the good cops who work hard can advance in their careers. I would think conservatives would support fiscal responsibility and meritocracy.
I saw on a Fox crawler that NY mta got $21 billion since 2020... and the cameras didn't work. I don't Think KY spends $21 billion for a year as an entire state.

I saw on a Fox crawler that NY mta got $21 billion since 2020... and the cameras didn't work. I don't Think KY spends $21 billion for a year as an entire state.
MTA and Port Authority up here are quasi-private corporations that are absolutely corrupt to the core. Overtime fraud is rampant. Some rail workers just got caught claiming they were working 18 hours a day 365 days a year. Toll collectors are sometimes paid $100k+. Port Authority charges $16 to cross the GW Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel, and Holland Tunnel.

MTA and Port Authority up here are quasi-private corporations that are absolutely corrupt to the core. Overtime fraud is rampant. Some rail workers just got caught claiming they were working 18 hours a day 365 days a year. Toll collectors are sometimes paid $100k+. Port Authority charges $16 to cross the GW Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel, and Holland Tunnel.

DeepPaltryChuckwalla-max-1mb.gif

Follow instructions with no mistakes. Lol. No one has ever been shot by police after mistaking an instruction.

Coming from up there and try to convince us that the NYPD is all of a sudden incompetent, your last sentence is revealing since they are scared to death to arrest anybody with the liberal policies in place. Try again 🍺🇺🇸
And this explains why our local sheriff has a desk full of applications from New York City police officers who are begging to relocate.

Aren't you arguing that they are a paper tiger and their military sucks in the Ukraine thread? How do you say that a country, with a gdp of California, that is struggling with a corrupt oligarch run democracy, is thinking about running all the way to France? Do you even think this stuff through or just say what comes into your mind?

Russia can't invade Nato. They are attacking Ukraine to protect themselves from Nato. They have said it for 30 years and Nuland, Hillary, Soros and Biden saw money in Ukraine and didn't care about the deaths that would result... Don't be on the side of Hillary, Nuland, Soros and Biden... not a good place to be.
Don't think I'm arguing anything about R military, but probably have stated they don't appear very good. But you can show me where I said otherwise.

Absurd to think NATO was ever going to attack R. But they've made it clear to Sweden & Finland that they could be attacked with their U actions. None of the folks you list ever had the power to attack R. You had show me where I've ever been on the side of any of them.

The bigger issue than cops & bail are the Lib prosecutors & judges. Demoralizing to arrest people & see those P's & J's just let them go. Without voters fixing that issue, I really don't give a damn what happens to NY & CA. Waste of time/effort/money.

Reactions: TopCatCal

Because those with money at risk are much more/very likely to show up for trial. How do you assure those w/o money show up?

Reactions: trueblujr2
Happy Easter to you chief.

I apologize, I haven't been keeping you informed on your local Evansville news lately.

I will do better.
Appreciate that. I cancelled my hard copy subscription to the Evansville Courier & Press about 3.5 years ago. Still have a digital subscription but even that is pretty lame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT